Technical Analysis

Vojnovic

Regular
For all things TA. To get the ball rolling, here are a few charts.
Long-term we are looking good, having caught up with a historic trend line which is now acting as support.
1643857118108.png

Mid-term we are also looking good. MACD rising above 0, RSI in healthy zone, STOCH entering oversold position. Moving averages serving as dynamic support and trending upwards.

1643857239103.png

Algos agree we are looking strong!
1643857329918.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 62 users
D

Deleted member 118

Long-term we are looking good, having caught up with a historic trend line which is now acting as support.
View attachment 9

Mid-term we are also looking good. MACD rising above 0, RSI in healthy zone, STOCH entering oversold position. Moving averages serving as dynamic support and trending upwards.

View attachment 12

View attachment 13
I can see the charts now 👍, as previously anything included apart from writing I wasn’t allowed to view on HC

Reactions: 15 users

Home101

Regular
With the US markets closing on Red, the shorters will try to bring the SP down below 1.50 at closing today. DTC ANN should be some help but we would now need a contract to move SP above the $2 mark and keep going upwards from here.

Reactions: 11 users

Flenton

Regular
I really hope we get a few chartists here. I have really enjoyed seeing peoples interpretations and learning how they analyse charts...
It is one of the main reasons I stayed been on HC... Guess there will be no reason to if we get some chartists

Reactions: 16 users

McHale

Regular
View attachment 9

View attachment 12

View attachment 13
Hi @Vojnovic, I am in on the HC mutiny too, what a pathetic story, anyway onwards and upwards, I will now post more of my EW and fibbo analysis here (and maybe HC too) going forward.

What an interesting start to the day on ASX after Wall St copped a clobbering last night, so very pleassed to see BRN so well in the green,
still very early in the day - but after yesterday are we surprised in the least. Nonetheless I like green ink, and it's looking good right now.

Over and out, for my very first TSE post.
GLTAH
mc

Reactions: 48 users

marsch85

Regular
Hi @Vojnovic, I am in on the HC mutiny too, what a pathetic story, anyway onwards and upwards, I will now post more of my EW and fibbo analysis here (and maybe HC too) going forward.

What an interesting start to the day on ASX after Wall St copped a clobbering last night, so very pleassed to see BRN so well in the green,
still very early in the day - but after yesterday are we surprised in the least. Nonetheless I like green ink, and it's looking good right now.

GLTAH
mc
Great to have you here! Really valued your posts back on HC 👍

Reactions: 17 users

marsch85

Regular
And also surprised how well it’s holding up today so far. Was hoping to add some more under $1.50, but might not get back there..

Reactions: 13 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member

GLTAH
mc
So happy to see you here McHale, i really look forward to seeing your charts / analysis

Reactions: 17 users

Dirac

Apologies in advance for not posting a chart but I haven't got around to subscribing to Incredible Charts again.

I'm just using advanced charts in ETrade.

MACD looking promising on the daily chart.

Looks like a small convergence on the histogram and if we can get a cross-over at these levels it's a very bullish sign for the short term.

Mind you I'm planning to hold for years.

YLJ

Swing/Position Trader
Nice to see a space for those with an interest in charts as well.
IMHO there is one potential issue that perhaps @zeeb0t & those interested would consider.
Fundamental Analysis is by definition based only on long term investing whilst there is an array
of arenas for technical analysis: Day Traders, Swing Traders, Position Traders, Investors who attempt
to combine the two for the purpose of entry opportunities etc...
Lack of clarity on the perspectives and intentions of posters on chart threads makes effective
communication and understanding very challenging (especially for those with less experience in charting).
I'm not sure what type of Chartists and Traders (if at all) this forum was intended to accommodate or if
any thought has been put into this.
For example, small daily price movements (and small time frame charts and analyses) are largely irrelevant
to those with a longer-term intention and view. What is bearish on one time frame, means nothing on
another etc...
Perhaps specific and separate Forums/Threads with clearly defined agendas would be a great way
of saving people time and creating clarity.
All good, if I am the only one who is bothered by such things, but thought I would throw it out there...
I'm happy to share ideas about how to most effectively achieve that if there is interest.

All the best,
YLJ

Update: Feel free to vote in the poll here:

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see a space for those with an interest in charts as well.
IMHO there is one potential issue that perhaps @zeeb0t & those interested would consider.
Fundamental Analysis is by definition based only on long term investing whilst there is an array
of arenas for technical analysis: Day Traders, Swing Traders, Position Traders, Investors who attempt
to combine the two for the purpose of entry opportunities etc...
Lack of clarity on the perspectives and intentions of posters on chart threads makes effective
communication and understanding very challenging (especially for those with less experience in charting).
I'm not sure what type of Chartists and Traders (if at all) this forum was intended to accommodate or if
any thought has been put into this.
For example, small daily price movements (and small time frame charts and analyses) are largely irrelevant
to those with a longer-term intention and view. What is bearish on one time frame, means nothing on
another etc...
Perhaps specific and separate Forums/Threads with clearly defined agendas would be a great way
of saving people time and creating clarity.
All good, if I am the only one who is bothered by such things, but thought I would throw it out there...
I'm happy to share ideas about how to most effectively achieve that if there is interest.

All the best,
YLJ
Nice idea. What do you think that list should look like? As in, specifically what would you add?

Reactions: 6 users

Touchstone

Emerged

GLTAH
mc
That's what I like. Your TA hit the mark with me. There is room for both FA and TA and BRN has it in spades.

Reactions: 9 users

YLJ

Swing/Position Trader
Nice idea. What do you think that list should look like? As in, specifically what would you add?
I have some rough ideas but will put a little more thought into it over the weekend as I am a little pressed for
time now. Perhaps some others will have some input too.
I am far from a tech guy but will try to look into XenForo for a better understanding of the possibilities of the
platform as well. For instance, besides for clearly defined thread titles (which may suffice), if there were specific
guidelines for a thread, how would one make sure people would be aware of them if they are just looking at
most recent posts. One of the things I really dislike about HC is how jumbled the threads often become,
which makes looking for content of interest very challenging. Not sure how much can be done about those
types of issues...
Am I correct in understanding that only you can create a Forum/Sub-forum (as appears
on the Forum list page) but that anyone can start a thread?
Have a great weekend.

Reactions: 5 users

GLTAH
mc
Hi McHale
Extremely pleased to see you here.
Missing BarrelSitter very much.
FF

Reactions: 18 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
I really hope we get a few chartists here. I have really enjoyed seeing peoples interpretations and learning how they analyse charts...
It is one of the main reasons I stayed been on HC... Guess there will be no reason to if we get some chartists
Hopefully Dolci comes over

Reactions: 2 users

POWERMAD

Emerged
First attempt at this what do you think? Review my TA.

Forgot to say 2 hour chart close to breaking out of the triangle possibly testing the $1.890 resistance on Monday's trading day would break that resistance with good news but most likely will hit it and bounce back with no good news.
BRN_2022-02-06_17-08-04.png

Last edited:

Fox151

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

POWERMAD

Emerged
What's the 'so what' in that chart? What are you trying to show us?
Sorry added info as i forgot too say reasons for why i put the chart up.

Reactions: 4 users

Vojnovic

Regular
First attempt at this what do you think? Review my TA.

Forgot to say 2 hour chart close to breaking out of the triangle possibly testing the $1.890 resistance on Monday's trading day would break that resistance with good news but most likely will hit it and bounce back with no good news.
View attachment 369
Nice continuation pattern! ;-) looking promising.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom