Competitive Analysis

uiux

Regular
1000 Eyes

I wanted to really flex the muscle of the 1000 eyes research collaborative we have going here by proving that we can take a scorched earth approach to competitive analysis. It's been suggested that shareholders are insecure and afraid of competition but I sincerely doubt this to be true. I believe that everyone enjoys completely understanding the competitive landscape to the fullest extent possible. This means that to fully understand a competitor, you need to understand the core technologies including research publications, patents, companies, people and at the very least a feature set to compare with that offered by Akida.

I am hoping everyone can contribute to this thread, as you can see we have a big list of competitors to work through (and more that probably don't even exist on this list - yet). I a proposed methodology on how we can attack this research task. By the end of this project, we should have a decent compendium that will act as a resource to educate on the edge computing landscape.

How to contribute to this thread:

1) reference the brand / technology
2) include a URL to the news article / patent / research publication
3) include a relevant snippet of text for content

The competition we are researching:

- Intel
- IBM
- Qualcomm
- Syntiant
- Grai Matter Labs
- Innatera
- Synsense
- SpiNNcloud Systems GmbH
- Aspinity
- MemryX
- Mythic
- Perceive
- Hailo
- Femtosense
- Nvidia
- Esperanto
- Rain neuromorphics
- Ceremorphic
- Samsung
- Ambarella
- Quadric

---

I will filter all contributions to this thread and organise in this post, building up a knowledge set of the competitive landscape. By the end, if we get enough participants, this will be incredibly useful to know exactly where Akida sits feature wise and exactly how far off the competition is from being commercial.

Types of material to contribute to this thread:

1) News articles
2) Patents
3) Official company URLS
4) Research publications
5) Slidedecks / Presentations
6) Youtube videos ( marketing collateral / interviews / demos )

Anything else you think is probably relevant that I may have excluded.

Lets see what the 1000 eyes can do?

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

JDelekto

Regular
1000 Eyes

I wanted to really flex the muscle of the 1000 eyes research collaborative we have going here by proving that we can take a scorched earth approach to competitive analysis. It's been suggested that shareholders are insecure and afraid of competition but I sincerely doubt this to be true. I believe that everyone enjoys completely understanding the competitive landscape to the fullest extent possible. This means that to fully understand a competitor, you need to understand the core technologies including research publications, patents, companies, people and at the very least a feature set to compare with that offered by Akida.

I am hoping everyone can contribute to this thread, as you can see we have a big list of competitors to work through (and more that probably don't even exist on this list - yet). I a proposed methodology on how we can attack this research task. By the end of this project, we should have a decent compendium that will act as a resource to educate on the edge computing landscape.

- Intel
- IBM
- Qualcomm
- Syntiant
- Grai Matter Labs
- Innatera
- Synsense
- Aspinity
- MemryX
- Mythic
- Perceive
- Hailo
- Femtosense
- Nvidia
- Esperanto
- Rain neuromorphics
- Ceremorphic
- Samsung
- Ambarella
- Quadric

---

I will filter all contributions to this thread and organise in this post, building up a knowledge set of the competitive landscape. By the end, if we get enough participants, this will be incredibly useful to know exactly where Akida sits feature wise and exactly how far off the competition is from being commercial.

1) News articles
2) Patents
3) Official company URLS
4) Research publications

I think it would be interesting to put together a new grid similar to the one that BrainChip has already published, but including several of the products that are deemed to be competition from these companies. A couple of more categories to identify features such as analog vs. digital solutions would be helpful too.

Some of the competition may have only very specific use cases (i.e. image/video processing) compared to more ubiquitous sensor processing.

Having more eyes on such a list would help keep it accurate and it could be a very valuable marketing tool for BrainChip.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

dippY22

Regular
1000 Eyes

- Intel
- IBM
- Qualcomm
- Syntiant
- Grai Matter Labs
- Innatera
- Synsense
- Aspinity
- MemryX
- Mythic
- Perceive
- Hailo
- Femtosense
- Nvidia
- Esperanto
- Rain neuromorphics
- Ceremorphic
- Samsung
- Ambarella
- Quadric

---

1) News articles
2) Patents
3) Official company URLS
4) Research publications

Cooch ???? Never heard of them,....you?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Beebo

Regular
Chooch not Cooch…and still an odd name 😀

Seriously though, what a thorough white paper! The world truly is at our finger tips, and we have expert fingers.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom