Sweden, home of TLGs graphite mine(s)

Micreg

Regular
Digging into European soil:

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀

"About Talga

Talga is a battery anode and innovation materials company that accelerates the global transition to sustainable growth. Our ambition is to enable the world's most sustainable batteries and consumer products. Our vertically integrated operations, strategic location and innovative processes are the keys to getting there.

Operation Manager​

Are you an entrepreneurial leader with experience in the manufacturing or process industry? Passionate about striving for a more sustainable world? Then you've found the right place! With manufacturing in Northern Sweden, research, development and sales in the UK, processing and distribution in Germany and with headquarters in Western Australia, Talga can truly call itself a global company.

ABOUT THE SERVICE​

In Luleå, there is the innovation and pilot plant where tests are carried out in a lab and a large factory is built. The role has the overall responsibility for the innovation and pilot plant and will later also be responsible for the factory. The person will also be responsible for personnel, equipment, safety, logistics, quality and maintenance. The facility creates and presents the product so customers and suppliers can test materiality. The role means that you are one of the key people for the investment that Talga is making right now; to produce anode products for greener lithium ion batteries.

The role currently has two direct reporters and the group is expected to grow; As Talga is a matrix organization, you also have managerial responsibility staff who currently report to Germany and the UK.
The work includes:
  • Overall responsibility for the innovation and pilot plant (construction of the factory and lab)
  • Responsibility for contact with suppliers and customers
  • Implement and organize the processes
  • Work with productivity and lead times, for example via 5S
  • Work with continuous improvements
  • Act as a representative in meetings
  • Work with People and Culture manager regarding recruitment and training
  • Responsibility for EHS
  • Comply with standards such as ISO
  • Budget cost and spend
  • Design the strategy going forward
The service is located in Luleå. You report to the CEO Europe. International travel occurs.

IS THIS YOU?​

To succeed in this role, you need a technical education, preferably from college or university. We also see that you have experience from the manufacturing or process industry and have a good insight into production. You have management experience and have been involved in change work, preferably with the Lean or 5S method. We also believe that you have been responsible for the cost budget.

You express yourself well in English and Swedish.

We attach great importance to personal qualities. We are looking for you who are independent and solution-oriented. We also believe that you are collaborative with the ability to build good and trusting relationships. We also see that you are unpretentious and humble. As the role places demands on high business acumen, we ensure that you thrive in roles that involve representation and contact with external customers and suppliers."
https://jobb.di.se/jobb/talga-operation-manager

This is an important and not easy to fill position. I like the outlook...

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Last week, a study was commissioned to speed up the permitting process. I think we do not need to be interested in it yet but later, because by the time it comes out a decision has long been made about us.
Now another one is added. It is about financing and promoting investments to facilitate the green transition.

"... At the same time, the change will involve interventions in nature. It can be about mines, power plants or power lines.
Today we are too bad at making that trade-off. It is too slow and based on too many coincidences. Things that would need to be done now get stuck in endless court proceedings.
All politicians know that this is a problem. Two weeks ago, the government appointed an inquiry to speed up processing, and last week another inquiry was commissioned to facilitate a green transition .
The only question is whether it goes fast enough. When the leaves crack, it's hard not to feel how fragile life really is."

https://www.aftonbladet.se/ledare/a/PolvGJ/klimatet-vi-ar-daliga-pa-avvagningar-mellan-intressen

"
1652859334835.png

Investigation for improved financing opportunities for the business community's green transition​

Published12 May 2022 Updated16 May 2022
Minister of Trade and Industry Karl-Petter Thorwaldsson and Minister of Financial Markets Max Elger have jointly initiated an inquiry with the task of assisting the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Trade and Industry in identifying needs to continue supporting the green sector's business transition and presenting focus areas for further work. The focus of the work will be on obstacles and opportunities in the financial market area.

Download:​

Driving climate change and creating jobs is one of the government's top priorities. The financing of the business community's green transition is a central part of that work. In order for Sweden to be able to achieve its climate and environmental goals, the transition needs to continue at a high pace, which will require further large investments. These include investments in new and untested technology, restructuring investments in established industry and capital-intensive infrastructure projects.
- Sweden today has a leading position when it comes to pushing for climate change and creating the jobs of the future, that position we will take advantage of and develop, says Minister of Trade and Industry Karl-Petter Thorwaldsson.
The financing needs to come primarily from private and institutional capital, but can also come from state and EU funds. In order to increase the rate of investment, both financial and other instruments as well as alternative financing models may be relevant.
- We are now taking the next step in work to ensure that Sweden and Swedish industry can attract the capital needed to create new jobs and meet the climate challenge, says Minister of Finance Max Elger.
Appointed investigators for the assignment are Hans Lindblad, former State Secretary and Director of Debt Office, and Kersti Karltorp, researcher and project manager at IVL Swedish Environmental Institute. The assignment must be reported no later than 15 August 2022"

so... almi's greentech fund does not yet have us in its portfolio ;)

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
NV gets going!
And pay attention to the comment regarding recycling, when it first starts and additionally when someone has something to do with EGR. They have secured land for a recycling plant across the street. Whether there will still be a need for it...

"First battery delivered to customer​

SKELLEFTEÅ Northvolt has delivered its first battery to customers and became the first in Europe with commercial delivery of batteries to car manufacturers.
19 May 2022 at 08:55 Updated: 19 May 2022 at 09:47

The batteries began to be produced in the Northvolt Ett factory in Skellefteå during the weekdays. Production is now being scaled up gradually.

The order backlog is growing rapidly according to the company and is now up to approximately SEK 500 billion from customers such as BMW AG, Volkswagen AG, Volvo Car AB and Polestar.

Northvolt is collaborating with Hydro on recycling batteries in the company Hydrovolt, which opened its first plant in Fredriksstad, Norway, on Monday. The factory can recycle 25,000 electric car batteries per year.

However, it will be a while before Northvolt's own batteries end up in recycling.

- The first may start to come in somewhere around 2030 - but the large amount will only come later, says Northvolt's communications manager Jesper Wigardt to Dagens Industri."
https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2022/maj/forsta-batteriet-till-kunden/

• Thinking

cosors

👀
And as already noted, things are finally getting underway in the industrial park. I have included the photos as there are few as it looks on site. The felled trees are a clear sign for me. You can also recognize the new road. Here is an update:

"Prepared for renewable electricity​

The industrial area is prepared for one hundred percent renewable electricity and with good opportunities to connect to Luleå Energi's network for district heating. Another strength is the proximity to Luleå University of Technology, which stands for world-class research and education.
1652951120766.png

Which plot we will get, I do not know yet. Maybe find out about the reservation of the area. Talga had extended...

1652950870009.png

AFRY har i uppdrag att detaljprojektera och ta fram bygghandling för gator och VA inom området.

LULEÅ ENERGI - LUNET - LICAB​

1652951653194.png

Expertise is provided by various actors, here are representatives from Luleå Energi, Lunet and Licab.

Luleå Energi's role in the energy transition​

With the energy issue at the very heart of the transition to a sustainable society, Luleå Energi's role is crucial for the city's development, for all residents and for new companies and industry to be able to establish themselves here.
Through a robust and future-proof electricity network, we are preparing for tomorrow's increased electricity needs. Our district heating network is ready to utilize and reuse energy surpluses from industries and others that establish themselves in our region. Our other energy services help companies and individuals to reduce their own energy use and contribute to a sustainable society.
In this way, we constantly work to optimize the conditions in the energy transition, every day.

LULEÅ MUNICIPALITY​

1652950898624.png

Luleå municipality leads the project at Luleå Industri park and has in the working group various project managers from the city planning administration's departments.
Luleå Municipality is building infrastructure for Luleå Industrial Park in the form of roads, pedestrian and cycle paths, water and sewage pipes, pumping stations and ditches. We are a large team working to realize a modern and sustainable industrial area."
https://www.lulea.se/samhalle--gato...-industripark---hertsofaltet.html?qs=industri

indlul.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Have any of you noticed that another battery factory is being built in Sweden right now?!
Why shouldn't Scania be one of the first 23 customers for the samples! That completely passed me by. I have seen the picture but not realized...

ABB robots lined up in ‘first’ for battery assembly at Scania's Sweden plant

by WBN correspondent Tuesday, 01 March, 2022
01-03-2022-01-35-13-am-8100454.jpg
Scania's battery assembly plant (above) being built at Södertälje, Sweden and (inset) ABB's ‘IRB 390’ robot. Photos: ABB

Swiss technology group ABB is delivering robots to be deployed at transport company Scania’s lithium-ion battery assembly plant under construction in Sweden.

Scania is investing more than SEK 1bn (£79m) in the plant at Södertälje, in east central Sweden, which is expected to be fully operational by 2023 to supply the company’s expanding range of electric trucks and buses.

The 18,000 sq metre plant is being built next to Scania's chassis assembly plant – and will assemble battery modules from cells supplied by Northvolt's battery factory being developed in Skellefteå.

ABB said the Södertälje project will be the first time its ‘IRB 390’ robot will be used in a battery production facility, although multiple models of ABB robots will be deployed.

Originally designed for the packing industry, the robot "combines speed with power and can mount contact plates in batteries at a rate of one plate every second, 24 hours a day", ABB said.

Tony Persson, head of Scania’s battery assembly, said: "The factory is designed in line with Scania's efforts to be at the forefront of industrial digitalisation, automation, and the use of advanced robotic technology to streamline production processes with increased flexibility.”
https://worldbatterynews.com/abb-robots-lined-up-in-%E2%80%98first%E2%80%99-for-battery-assembly-at-scania's-sweden-plan-p1268-165.htm

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
NV gets going!
And pay attention to the comment regarding recycling, when it first starts and additionally when someone has something to do with EGR. They have secured land for a recycling plant across the street. Whether there will still be a need for it...

"First battery delivered to customer​

SKELLEFTEÅ Northvolt has delivered its first battery to customers and became the first in Europe with commercial delivery of batteries to car manufacturers.
19 May 2022 at 08:55 Updated: 19 May 2022 at 09:47

The batteries began to be produced in the Northvolt Ett factory in Skellefteå during the weekdays. Production is now being scaled up gradually.

The order backlog is growing rapidly according to the company and is now up to approximately SEK 500 billion from customers such as BMW AG, Volkswagen AG, Volvo Car AB and Polestar.

Northvolt is collaborating with Hydro on recycling batteries in the company Hydrovolt, which opened its first plant in Fredriksstad, Norway, on Monday. The factory can recycle 25,000 electric car batteries per year.

However, it will be a while before Northvolt's own batteries end up in recycling.

- The first may start to come in somewhere around 2030 - but the large amount will only come later, says Northvolt's communications manager Jesper Wigardt to Dagens Industri."
https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2022/maj/forsta-batteriet-till-kunden/
Have Northvolt and Talga got any connection? As far as I understand matters they are competitors aren’t they?

Is Talga supplying the graphite?

Reactions: 2 users

Affenhorst

Regular
Have any of you noticed that another battery factory is being built in Sweden right now?!
Why shouldn't Scania be one of the first 23 customers for the samples! That completely passed me by. I have seen the picture but not realized...

ABB robots lined up in ‘first’ for battery assembly at Scania's Sweden plant

by WBN correspondent Tuesday, 01 March, 2022
01-03-2022-01-35-13-am-8100454.jpg
Scania's battery assembly plant (above) being built at Södertälje, Sweden and (inset) ABB's ‘IRB 390’ robot. Photos: ABB

Swiss technology group ABB is delivering robots to be deployed at transport company Scania’s lithium-ion battery assembly plant under construction in Sweden.

Scania is investing more than SEK 1bn (£79m) in the plant at Södertälje, in east central Sweden, which is expected to be fully operational by 2023 to supply the company’s expanding range of electric trucks and buses.

The 18,000 sq metre plant is being built next to Scania's chassis assembly plant – and will assemble battery modules from cells supplied by Northvolt's battery factory being developed in Skellefteå.

ABB said the Södertälje project will be the first time its ‘IRB 390’ robot will be used in a battery production facility, although multiple models of ABB robots will be deployed.

Originally designed for the packing industry, the robot "combines speed with power and can mount contact plates in batteries at a rate of one plate every second, 24 hours a day", ABB said.

Tony Persson, head of Scania’s battery assembly, said: "The factory is designed in line with Scania's efforts to be at the forefront of industrial digitalisation, automation, and the use of advanced robotic technology to streamline production processes with increased flexibility.”
https://worldbatterynews.com/abb-robots-lined-up-in-%E2%80%98first%E2%80%99-for-battery-assembly-at-scania's-sweden-plan-p1268-165.htm
Well, they assemble packs and use cells from Northvolt, as the article states. So they are unlikely to be a customer of anode material.

cosors

👀
Have Northvolt and Talga got any connection? As far as I understand matters they are competitors aren’t they?

Is Talga supplying the graphite?
The first question is easy and clear to answer. Yes, they have connections. Northvolt chose Sweden and the location on the one hand because of the green electricity and on the other hand, which was much more important to them, because of the proximity to local raw materials. As far as I know, Sweden has no known lithium deposit at that time (And now it is also clear that the lithium will come from Portugal). Nickel and cobalt deposits were known but have not been developed to date. Intensive work is being done to develop them. Talga also has such exploration rights. So only graphite remains as an opportunity for NV and local raw material suppliers. NV wants to build the most environmentally friendly batteries in the world. Therefore, it matters where the raw materials come from. There are many Swedish articles where NV and Talga are mentioned together. Some even say that Talga will supply NV. The connections could hardly be closer, I think. And Talga was active up there before NV, so a target for NV.

The second question is more complex and somehow also linked to the third question. First of all, I would call NV a possible customer of Talga. But they have also established a research cooperation for lithium metal batteries. And they don't need graphite. But that is still research, as most of the world is doing. On the other hand, NV is just starting to slowly ramp up production. And the big mystery is where they get the graphite or the anodes. That leads me further to the fact that NV has the right to manufacture anodes at their plant. Whether they buy the anodes or the graphite to then manufacture the anodes themselves is unknown to me. NV had a job posting for an engineer in the anode fabrication field. One person was hired. The interesting thing is that the exact same person was later hired by Talga. At least that is how I remember my research. The supporting hints or infos are buried somewhere at hotcrapper. In my mind I still have the variant that Talga supplies the graphite from their stocks now and that is processed at NV to anodes, but only assumed or theory. Woxna by Leading Edge would be another possibility, it is already developed and approved, but also very small. In February they were still evaluating whether to open. If the connection to NV was tight, then they probably wouldn't have waited this long. I suspect that they will be supplied in the interim, analogous to lithium, which is not yet ready, but will come later. The factory in Portugal is decided.
So NV is already manufacturing and originally intended to order the anodes from Talga. Hence the time pressure on MT and his team and hence all the bureaucracy madness is so damaging. But now we are gradually coming into the home stretch. What remains is the financing of the mine and factory; the test plant is already producing for a few months. So whether NV becomes Talga's biggest customer is the million $ question and a done deal for others. Where Northvolt gets the anodes or the graphite from right now is a big secret and where in the future also. Talga would be a perfect fit and that was and is NV's goal, I think.

NV is becoming a giant in Europe. Another plant in Sweden and now the decided and financed plant in Germany. And they are just one of the producers. The demand is simply becoming gigantic I think.

But @Semmel has better insights into the subject here, I think.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Well, they assemble packs and use cells from Northvolt, as the article states. So they are unlikely to be a customer of anode material.
Thank you! For the first time overlooked the factory and now again the clear statement where the cells come from. Sometimes I'm blind. I delete my question above. You're right!

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
The first question is easy and clear to answer. Yes, they have connections. Northvolt chose Sweden and the location on the one hand because of the green electricity and on the other hand, which was much more important to them, because of the proximity to local raw materials. As far as I know, Sweden has no known lithium deposit at that time (And now it is also clear that the lithium will come from Portugal). Nickel and cobalt deposits were known but have not been developed to date. Intensive work is being done to develop them. Talga also has such exploration rights. So only graphite remains as an opportunity for NV and local raw material suppliers. NV wants to build the most environmentally friendly batteries in the world. Therefore, it matters where the raw materials come from. There are many Swedish articles where NV and Talga are mentioned together. Some even say that Talga will supply NV. The connections could hardly be closer, I think. And Talga was active up there before NV, so a target for NV.

The second question is more complex and somehow also linked to the third question. First of all, I would call NV a possible customer of Talga. But they have also established a research cooperation for lithium metal batteries. And they don't need graphite. But that is still research, as most of the world is doing. On the other hand, NV is just starting to slowly ramp up production. And the big mystery is where they get the graphite or the anodes. That leads me further to the fact that NV has the right to manufacture anodes at their plant. Whether they buy the anodes or the graphite to then manufacture the anodes themselves is unknown to me. NV had a job posting for an engineer in the anode fabrication field. One person was hired. The interesting thing is that the exact same person was later hired by Talga. At least that is how I remember my research. The supporting hints or infos are buried somewhere at hotcrapper. In my mind I still have the variant that Talga supplies the graphite from their stocks now and that is processed at NV to anodes, but only assumed or theory. Woxna by Leading Edge would be another possibility, it is already developed and approved, but also very small. In February they were still evaluating whether to open. If the connection to NV was tight, then they probably wouldn't have waited this long. I suspect that they will be supplied in the interim, analogous to lithium, which is not yet ready, but will come later. The factory in Portugal is decided.
So NV is already manufacturing and originally intended to order the anodes from Talga. Hence the time pressure on MT and his team and hence all the bureaucracy madness is so damaging. But now we are gradually coming into the home stretch. What remains is the financing of the mine and factory; the test plant is already producing for a few months. So whether NV becomes Talga's biggest customer is the million $ question and a done deal for others. Where Northvolt gets the anodes or the graphite from right now is a big secret and where in the future also. Talga would be a perfect fit and that was and is NV's goal, I think.

NV is becoming a giant in Europe. Another plant in Sweden and now the decided and financed plant in Germany. And they are just one of the producers. The demand is simply becoming gigantic I think.

But @Semmel has better insights into the subject here, I think.
Thanks heaps @cosors for taking the time and effort to fill in the blanks for me. It is greatly appreciated.

I do hope that Talga is the supplier of all anode material, and NV have a future plan to continue on with Talga’s own vision, namely Talnode-Si and Talnode-X.

These are exciting times indeed. Sometimes confusing, but exciting none-the-less.

• Love

Semmel

Regular
To comment on the NV connection to Talga, we have one rumor (I cant find it now) that some of the trail anode is going to NV. I think its safe to assume that Talga will supply Anode to all battery factories in Europe.

As far as I know, NV has never stated anywhere that they produce Anode or where their anode would come from. Its a dead topic as all the headlines are reserved for Nickel, Cobalt and Lithium. Everyone "conveniently" forgets to mention the anode in a battery. We know how big a deal it is to produce Anode. And a facility to produce it petroleum (i.e. artificial graphite) would require a HUGE amount of energy. Much more than the cell manufacturing. So I guess, if NV would produce their own graphite, we would probably know it. Also they never stated they would produce it themselfs. We have seen position of an Anode engineer, so this could just as well be someone who tests anode from different customers. We simply dont know but I find it unlikely that NV can produce Anode.

My guess is, the synergy is just too great to ignore. And too convenient to have Talga around the corner in Sweden. Both NV and Tesla in Germany have stated they want to source their battery raw materials locally. So there is not much option beside Talga. Its a match made in heaven but we dont have hard information on it.

The thing is, NV needs Anode to ramp up their factory. While Talga can produce some of it, I think talga is not fast enough to supply the needs for the factory. I assume NV will source their Anode from China for the time beeing. I dont know where else it could come from. They will want to get Talgas product if its reasonably priced and performs well in their cells.

Be advised, its all reading tea leves at this point. Talga needs the permits, then we can hear funding from EU and offtakes from customers.

I hope the huge amount of demand will make the niska expansion become much larger than 100mtpa Anode. But thats again.. a hope.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀

Diogenese

Top 20
To comment on the NV connection to Talga, we have one rumor (I cant find it now) that some of the trail anode is going to NV. I think its safe to assume that Talga will supply Anode to all battery factories in Europe.

As far as I know, NV has never stated anywhere that they produce Anode or where their anode would come from. Its a dead topic as all the headlines are reserved for Nickel, Cobalt and Lithium. Everyone "conveniently" forgets to mention the anode in a battery. We know how big a deal it is to produce Anode. And a facility to produce it petroleum (i.e. artificial graphite) would require a HUGE amount of energy. Much more than the cell manufacturing. So I guess, if NV would produce their own graphite, we would probably know it. Also they never stated they would produce it themselfs. We have seen position of an Anode engineer, so this could just as well be someone who tests anode from different customers. We simply dont know but I find it unlikely that NV can produce Anode.

My guess is, the synergy is just too great to ignore. And too convenient to have Talga around the corner in Sweden. Both NV and Tesla in Germany have stated they want to source their battery raw materials locally. So there is not much option beside Talga. Its a match made in heaven but we dont have hard information on it.

The thing is, NV needs Anode to ramp up their factory. While Talga can produce some of it, I think talga is not fast enough to supply the needs for the factory. I assume NV will source their Anode from China for the time beeing. I dont know where else it could come from. They will want to get Talgas product if its reasonably priced and performs well in their cells.

Be advised, its all reading tea leves at this point. Talga needs the permits, then we can hear funding from EU and offtakes from customers.

I hope the huge amount of demand will make the niska expansion become much larger than 100mtpa Anode. But thats again.. a hope.

Hi Semmel,

It seems that Australian miners have an affinity for Scandi graphite:

https://thewest.com.au/business/pub...s-to-demerge-norway-graphite-assets-c-4155147

Mineral Commodities to demerge Norway graphite assets​

Headshot of Matt Birney

Matt BirneySPONSORED
Tue, 5 October 2021 4:36PM

SX-listed Mineral Commodities has hit the go button on ambitious plans for downstream processing of graphite from its Skaland graphite mining operation in Norway, with a decision to demerge its Norwegian assets into a separate entity. The new vehicle, Ascent Graphite, will be incorporated in Norway and will develop anode production for the European electric vehicle battery and energy storage markets through a proposed dedicated active anode materials plant.

The move represents a major transition for the Perth-based graphite specialist that acquired the historic Skaland operation in 2019.

The company says the decision requires a step-change in investment over the next 18 months to support activities for the production and qualification of lithium battery anode materials and the delivery of higher quality concentrates from expanded production. It says the timing of the expansion is driven by massive growth in battery cell manufacturing capacity in Europe.

The decision follows a strategic review of Mineral Commodities’ operations that started in April this year. The review considered options for unlocking value and accessing funding for the Skaland graphite operation, including the Traelen mine which is earmarked for significantly increased production. The mine has been in operation for more than 100 years and is the highest-grade operating flake graphite mine in the world according to the company.

The review was driven in part by Mineral Commodities ambitions for an environmentally sustainable purification process to add value to its graphite production. It has achieved some promising results this year in collaborative research with CSIRO in its Perth laboratory.

The company says the strategic review found the demerging of the Norwegian graphite assets made strategic and operational sense and establishing a separate entity to focus on European graphite offered the best prospect of unlocking value from the operation.

Ascent Graphite will be incorporated in Norway and will have an independent board and operating structure with a European focus. Initially, Ascent will seek funding through an equity issue as part of a capital raising. Mineral Commodities is considering listing Ascent on a European stock exchange but has not made a decision yet.

BigGMoney

Emerged
Hi Folks,
(I put this up on HC as well)
Many of you have put a lot of time into posting here with some fantastic info and I'd like to return the favour if possible.
So I've decided to take a little trip to Northern Sweden in June! If there's anything you'd like me to photograph or any questions you might have, let me know and I'll do my best to find you all some answers.
It doesnt need to be directly Talga related so anything that comes to mind. Property in the area is something I'm curous about for example.
I'll be emailing ahead, hopefully I might get a tour of our new factory but if anyone has an email contact I'm sure that would be useful.
If you want to private message me, let me know and I'll send you an email somehow.
Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

anbuck

Regular
Hi Folks,
Many of you have put a lot of time into posting here with some fantastic info and I'd like to return the favour if possible.
So I've decided to take a little trip to Northern Sweden in June! If there's anything you'd like me to photograph or any questions you might have, let me know and I'll do my best to find you all some answers.
It doesnt need to be directly Talga related so anything that comes to mind. Property in the area is something I'm curous about for example.
I'll be emailing ahead, hopefully I might get a tour of our new factory but if anyone has an email contact I'm sure that would be useful.
If you want to private message me, let me know and I'll send you an email somehow.
Cheers!
Amazing! I'd love to know the general sentiment to mining among the locals. I know there was a small protest about the mine awhile back but it's difficult to get a picture of the overall societal opinions there.

cosors

👀
Hi Folks,
Cheers!
That's a great offer, thank you!
Personal contact is very easy and direct here. There is a letter symbol at the top. I'll think about what I'm very interested in and what won't be too much work for you. 🤔

Talga has its office near the marina in Lulea. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find an specific contact. I only know that Per-Erik Lindvall in Lulea lives
https://www.talgagroup.com/sv/om-talga/kontakt/

cosors

👀
A bit of local news: Talga does a little public relations and explains a few things to the local people about their future. I think that' s a good thing!

"Electric car and solar cells in Luleå - that's how it works

• sustainability
  • electric car
  • solar cells
The interest in installing solar cells and getting an electric car is great among the people of Lule and the questions are many. How does it work to drive an electric car in a cold climate like ours? What to consider before installing solar cells? Luleå Municipality is therefore arranging, together with Luleå Energi, a mini-fair on the theme of electric cars and solar cells on 8 June.

Welcome to a mini fair on the theme of electric cars and solar cells that Luleå Municipality arranges together with Luleå Energi.
When: Wednesday 8 June at 15.00–18.00
Free of charge
Come and get more information about what you need to think about before a solar cell installation

Solar cells in cold climates​

The first to give a lecture is Anne Malou Pettersson, unit manager at the Research Institute of Sweden (RISE) in Piteå, who will talk about how solar energy can be produced efficiently in Norrbotten. Then we can listen to Emma Tallus, energy engineer at Luleå Energi, who informs about what you need to think about before a solar cell installation.

How does an electric car work in our cold climate? Come and get answers to your questions about owning an electric car.

Electric cars - best in northern Sweden and in the countryside​

The second seminar block is started by Robert Granström, project manager for the Regional Fund project: "Equally good with CELLER-i", who claims that electric cars are actually best suited in northern Sweden and in the countryside. Robert talks about range tests and reasons about electric car myths etc.
Niclas Lundström, unit manager vehicle service and responsible for Luleå municipality's car fleet, then talks about why Luleå municipality is investing in electric cars in the future and about how the transition to electric cars in the municipality's operations takes place.

Exhibitors on site​

During the afternoon and evening, there are also a number of exhibitors on site, including Luleå Energi, Talga, Bilkompaniet, Dahlqvist Bil, Norrlandsbil and more.
Admission is free throughout the mini fair and it is open to anyone who is interested, no pre-registration required. Moderator on stage is Malin Winberg and those who come first are invited to coffee."
https://vartlulea.se/arkiv/aktuellt...leasafunkardet.5.24a15769180f16053a41663.html
---------------------------------

Three lines and everything is said

And the Sami are starting to get restless but we already knew that. New is the maybe tactic if I understand it correctly where the argumentation of the lawyer goes. To relate the mining only to the environmental impact from the impact on reindeer husbandry and to remove it from the overall context, for example society or green deal . We know that the ruling politicians have a different opinion. That is why the one politician was fired. Maybe you @lellep make the effort to translate the video for us, especially the part of the woman at the end interests me. Google Lens does not really help .)
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/sapmi/vi-tappar-renbetesmarker
And on the opposite side (MT pointed it out)
https://www.densvenskagruvan.se/mine/
I don't know why he's tweeting this. The clothes look crazy, graphite isn't mentioned and he's re-tweeting from LE :ROFLMAO:

cosors

👀
Hi Folks,
Cheers!
Hi BigGMoney!
I thought of a first question. If you are actually on site, you could try to find out how much the electric vehicle anode plant (Swerim) can produce or how much they actually produce. I think this is a common question that was also asked at the open day.

Are you thinking of moving there because you are interested in property? Even if it would be a surefire investment in Lulea...

cosors

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom