TLG Ann: Talga Lithium-Pegmatite Discovery in Sweden
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 29th Aug 2023, 8:08am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Ha! I should finally revise my construction site post!
In the ann are just the right infos to make it easier/possible for me to round off the post. Thank you Talga!

And note that SGU will be adding a completely new extraction site to its maps. The other (2 ?) known ones or I know were more southerly.
I am curious to see what the analysis of the challenges for the applications will reveal.

Last edited:
Is this an attempted distraction from bad news about to come from the Court tomorrow the 29th ?

If it is it's not a very good one

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

JNRB

Regular
If
Is this an attempted distraction from bad news about to come from the Court tomorrow the 29th ?

If it is, it's a GREAT distraction.
A permit delay is annoying but has no long-term impact as we have resource to get started.
I think the idea theyre coordinating theyre announcments in the way you insinuatie is bullshit - but I will take that delay if it comes with a bonus giant lithium resource

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀

I don't know, but we have to consider the possibility that our scaled full start up of climate protection will have to wait a little longer because of environmentalists. I don't want to say that this is the reason for this ann but it could be to underline at least a little bit positive.
Keep in mind that we shareholders only need to wait and do nothing and yet some are certainly whining. The employees must process the whole daily in their job and have in the press actually nearly just one lobby, that against. I see all this no longer so critically.

I can probably take my time with the analysis. For one thing, we know that it will take at least 2a even with the upcoming improvements. Moreover, additional exploration* seems to be necessary as this is only for one location. I mean the 1.95%.

*The visible lithium mineralisation occurs at or near the base of the flat-lying pegmatite sheets, suggesting mineralised zones are poorly exposed at the present erosional surface but may extend under the surface of the sheets.
Mapping and sampling to recommence in September to define potential drill targets

But I can focus on this spot with the analysis. Nice to have but no prio?
And the board has created the subcompanies for this purpose if I understand it correctly. Independent entities (ABs) to operate independent from each other?
I still like it. Anything that increases the value is good and for Europe any new sites for resources are good. I have a feeling the data has been around 'longer' and hence the statement in the last quarterly ann, as did it LKAB.

So far, MT and its team have always had an answer to every challenge. And often I had not expected it or as good.
Maybe this ann is also important because of government funding programs or whatever? There are always reasons for the mining part of Talga Group to do their job and update the resource. Isn't it?

Screenshot_2023-08-29-07-16-39-80_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-29-07-16-09-77_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If

If it is, it's a GREAT distraction.
A permit delay is annoying but has no long-term impact as we have resource to get started.
I think the idea theyre coordinating theyre announcments in the way you insinuatie is bullshit - but I will take that delay if it comes with a bonus giant lithium resource
We have minimal resource to get started. The trial mine was 20K (@20% that's only 4,000 tonnes of uncoated) and a lot of that would have gone in samples. We might have on the higher side 15,000 tonnes left and that is bugger all................in fact about 8 weeks worth of production.

And how do you know it's BS ? We are both speculating

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
http://resource.sgu.se/bergsstaten/sourravaara-nr-5-bes.pdf

The application for an exploration permit was received by the Mining States on 3 April 2023 and covers the concession minerals cesium, gold, cobalt, copper, lithium, molybdenum, silver, tantalum and bismuth. The applicant has attached to its application a map of the area applied for, as well as details of the land affected by the application and other known landowners. According to the applicant, the work within the area applied for may lead to the discovery of concession minerals as the applicant has carried out field mapping with sampling and SKYTEM electromagnetic surveys over Sourravaara No. 3 which have confirmed previously known and new areas of base metal and lithium mineralisation. This work indicates that further mineralisation exists outside the applicant's current exploration permit. The Company therefore wishes to expand its exploration area to further explore the area, conduct broader fieldwork and discover new mineral resources. The exploration work planned by the Applicant includes geological mapping and rock sampling followed by airborne and ground geophysical surveys to systematically map the bedrock within the licence area. Drilling programmes will be carried out based on the results of these surveys.

The application for an exploration licence has been submitted to the county administrative board, the municipality and the Sami Parliament. Notification of the application has been sent to affected property owners and other known property owners. Statements from Gällivare Municipality, the Sami Parliament and Vattenfall have been received by Bergsstaten.
The municipality has essentially stated the following.
The investigation area in the application includes the village of Sammakko, where Gällivare municipality in its current general plan has designated LIS areas, rural development close to the shore.
There are several bird protection areas in the vicinity of Sammakko in the southern part of the area, which could affect the periods during which survey work can take place in its vicinity. In addition, there is a water protection area in close proximity to Sammakkojärvi, where no core drilling may be carried out within the primary protection zone and where authorisation is required to drill in the secondary protection zone. The same applies to the Dokkas water protection area. Watercourses must be protected against any turbidity and existing roads must be used primarily for transport.
The application states that future work may involve core drilling within 200 metres of residential buildings. Consideration may need to be given to current guideline values for noise and working hours may need to be adapted.

The Sami Parliament has essentially stated the following.
The application area is located within reindeer grazing land for the Sami villages of Girjas, Båste éearru and Gällivare skogs and affects areas of national interest for reindeer husbandry. Understanding the importance of the land for reindeer husbandry in the area requires information and knowledge about how the Sami villages have conducted, are conducting and intend to conduct their reindeer husbandry and how the function of the area, both in the long and short term, affects the Sami villages' reindeer husbandry as a whole. The Sami Parliament's iRenmark database publishes maps and information about reindeer husbandry and the Sami villages' land use. This includes, for example, information on national interests and land use reports. The maps show an overview of the sameby's land use during a normal reindeer husbandry year. Note that these maps and reports provide general information, so dialogue with the samebys concerned is always necessary.

It seems to me that there are a lot of challenges waiting, so in my mind I let this run in parallel and don't give it any priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

JNRB

Regular
We have minimal resource to get started. The trial mine was 20K (@20% that's only 4,000 tonnes of uncoated) and a lot of that would have gone in samples. We might have on the higher side 15,000 tonnes left and that is bugger all................in fact about 8 weeks worth of production.

And how do you know it's BS ? We are both speculating
It's bullshit because companies have continuous disclosure obligations. Therefore the fair assumption (ie MORE than just speculation) is that the company is following those obligations. Vice-versa that they're playing funny-buggers with their obligations by withholding / manipulating the timing of announcments is (IMO) BS. Some directors may, but I have more faith in MT than that.

Also, don't assume we're gonna be running at 19ktpa straight off the bat. There will be a ramp-up period I'm sure. It would only need to last us long enough to get any final permit issues sorted out.

All that being said, I still (speculating) don't think we're going to have any issues with the permit.

cosors

👀
And why should it not be possible to apply for trial mining for one of the other deposits besides Niska S, e.g. NN or NE an extract the next 25kt? The SGU even suggests such trial mining, I think.

It's bullshit because companies have continuous disclosure obligations.
Continuous disclosure obligations only apply if it is a material announcement and this one looks premature as it seems to need a hell of a lot more work before it is really worth disclosing .

We will agree to disagree

Top Bottom