BRN Discussion Ongoing

Samsung hires ex-Mercedes designer to lead its MX design team​

Lee brings more than two decades of design and leadership experience with him to Samsung, the tech giant said in a blogpost.
IANS December 30, 2022, 17:08 IST

Read on App

Samsung hires ex-Mercedes designer to lead its MX design team
Seoul: Samsung Electronics on Friday announced that it has hired former chief design officer of Mercedes-Benz China, Hubert H. Lee, as executive vice-president (EVP) and head of its MX (Mobile eXperience) design team.

Lee brings more than two decades of design and leadership experience with him to Samsung, the tech giant said in a blogpost.

At Mercedes-Benz, Lee was credited with leading numerous design projects and won multiple awards for his leadership of the company's design teams in China and the United States.

In his new role at Samsung, Lee will oversee the MX design team, which is in-charge of creating Galaxy products like S Series, Z Series, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Watch and more.

His innovative perspective will help "shape the look and feel of Galaxy, building on the distinct design ethos that users know and love", the company said.

"Samsung is known for building some of the world's most beautiful products with designs that have transformed the mobile industry," said Lee.

"I am excited to join a company that is on the bleeding edge of mobile innovation and lead the team responsible for creating new mobile experiences through the art of design," he added

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Samsung hires ex-Mercedes designer to lead its MX design team​

IANS December 30, 2022, 17:08 IST

Read on App

Samsung hires ex-Mercedes designer to lead its MX design team
Seoul: Samsung Electronics on Friday announced that it has hired former chief design officer of Mercedes-Benz China, Hubert H. Lee, as executive vice-president (EVP) and head of its MX (Mobile eXperience) design team.

At Mercedes-Benz, Lee was credited with leading numerous design projects and won multiple awards for his leadership of the company's design teams in China and the United States.

In his new role at Samsung, Lee will oversee the MX design team, which is in-charge of creating Galaxy products like S Series, Z Series, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Watch and more.

His innovative perspective will help "shape the look and feel of Galaxy, building on the distinct design ethos that users know and love", the company said.

"Samsung is known for building some of the world's most beautiful products with designs that have transformed the mobile industry," said Lee.

"I am excited to join a company that is on the bleeding edge of mobile innovation and lead the team responsible for creating new mobile experiences through the art of design," he added

“Hubert Lee​

Mercedes Benz Advanced Design USA
Strongly influencing the future path of the German automotive industry Hubert H. Lee has received international recognition for his visions in design and technology. The Korean American designer graduated from Rhode Island School of Design and Art Center College of Design in Pasadena at the top of his class with a degree in Transportation Design. He worked as Creative Manager for Mercedes-Benz until his company promoted him to Head Designer of the Advanced Design Division in California”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
As to where one can obtain reliable speculative information I don’t think we can go past @Neuromorphia and his board thread

When I look down the list of yet to be revealed companies I cannot help thinking about the ridiculous 10 times Microsoft valuation. 😵‍💫

Thanks for the reminder @Fact Finder
Link to the @Neuromorphia Brainchip Akida Partners, Licensees, Speculative Theories and Supporting References thread here

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Thanks for the reminder @Fact Finder
Link to the @Neuromorphia Brainchip Akida Partners, Licensees, Speculative Theories and Supporting References thread here
Just did a quick count so might be out by a couple but still a mind blowing 148 further organisations on the list for the CEO Sean Hehir to choose from before the May, 2023 AGM.🤣😂🤣🪁🪁🪁🪁

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
I vote to bring Back the Iceberg

Since the fun police have left the building , let’s enjoy the factual partnerships , signed commercial deals & the speculation of owning what’s going to be the hottest ticket in town .

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Bravo i nearly choked on my haggis yesterday when I saw your post. Can you provide a link for this? Is this what PVDM has been creating? Could this be along the lines of Akida 3000? View attachment 11761
Hi Dhm,

I revisited @Neuromorphia 's thread since it has been mentioned in the mainstream thread today, and rediscovered @Bravo ;s post #22,003 about the Brain Computer Interface.

1672533029233.png

Just linking this brain spike detector with Simon Thorpe's presentation provided by @stuart888 the other day,
#41,197
slide 23: JAST Learning: random dots -

1672531665149.png

The signals produced by one of those brain wave (spikes) reading caps with lots of little antennas would look something like the random dots, but would have repeating patterns which can be identified by a processor implementing JAST rules - so who owns the patent for JAST learning rules?

A Brain Computer Interface with JAST learning must be tantalizingly close.

Attachments

• 1672531698298.png
    1672531698298.png
    542.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

This

Better

Be

Our

Year

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

Happy 2023 everyone.

Also, put that resolution list in the bin.
Fk it. You and I know that's not happening.
Whilst I am certain we will see more success in '23, and I hope it's monetary in nature pouring into Brainchip's coffers and thereafter reflected in our share price, I am prepared (financially and emotionally) for more of the quiet gains with partnerships and eco system enablement's such as have been revealed in '22, which seems to be the current modus operandi of the company.

We all want the BIG REVEAL NOW, but as pointed out by FF, Tech and Violin amongst others, the process of the product cycle is measured in years and it is at the whim of the actual manufacturers, just when it is presented to its consumers.
We probably won't find out about the skunk worx applications for another 2 or 3 decades, except for within the pages of comic books and other Sci-Fi, like Marvel movies. 🤣
Meanwhile the manipulators, shortee's, and orchestrated boiler room operations of the big end of town will continue to playbook their campaign of "the long game strategy" utilising their enormous financial clout along with their tools of HFT and unequal access to the market by which they both bewilder and outsmart the short term mentality and capricious nature which is unfortunately, much of retail.
I don't know how organised this cabal in charge is, and suspect it to be only a loosely associated group of privileged individuals (think Sir Humphrey) seeking to maintain a comfortable status quo rather than some version of SPECTRE. 🤣

Much of this is obscured by the commentators, both benign and those with intent, parleying their agendas within the system and in some cases used by it in an endeavour to scrape a living or pick up a few crumbs.
Frankly, we haven't a hope of beating them at their game.

They are just too entrenched within the system, but we can play our game as somewhat independent operators and wait out their shenanigans, benefiting when and as they do, when the fruit is ripe.
Our private agenda's are meaningless in this setting.
We don't control this game.

In the meantime, my advise is to keep our sense of humour 🤣
And, if at first you don't succeed........................... try, try again.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Dhm,

I revisited @Neuromorphia 's thread since it has been mentioned in the mainstream thread today, and rediscovered @Bravo ;s post #22,003 about the Brain Computer Interface.

View attachment 25786

Just linking this brain spike detector with Simon Thorpe's presentation provided by @stuart888 the other day,
#41,197

View attachment 25784
The signals produced by one of those brain wave (spikes) reading caps with lots of little antennas would look something like the random dots, but would have repeating patterns which can be identified by a processor implementing JAST rules - so who owns the patent for JAST learning rules?

Hi @Bravo ,

I thought I was on the other thread, Replying to your post, but I found out I was on this thread, so I amended on this thread to provide more context and reference to your post in the other thread ... if you follow my drift?

Who's on first ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Whilst I am certain we will see more success in '23, and I hope it's monetary in nature pouring into Brainchip's coffers and thereafter reflected in our share price, I am prepared (financially and emotionally) for more of the quiet gains with partnerships and eco system enablement's such as have been revealed in '22, which seems to be the current modus operandi of the company.

We all want the BIG REVEAL NOW, but as pointed out by FF, Tech and Violin amongst others, the process of the product cycle is measured in years and it is at the whim of the actual manufacturers, just when it is presented to its consumers.
We probably won't find out about the skunk worx applications for another 2 or 3 decades, except for within the pages of comic books and other Sci-Fi, like Marvel movies. 🤣
Meanwhile the manipulators, shortee's, and orchestrated boiler room operations of the big end of town will continue to playbook their campaign of "the long game strategy" utilising their enormous financial clout along with their tools of HFT and unequal access to the market by which they both bewilder and outsmart the short term mentality and capricious nature which is unfortunately, much of retail.
I don't know how organised this cabal in charge is, and suspect it to be only a loosely associated group of privileged individuals (think Sir Humphrey) seeking to maintain a comfortable status quo rather than some version of SPECTRE. 🤣

Much of this is obscured by the commentators, both benign and those with intent, parleying their agendas within the system and in some cases used by it in an endeavour to scrape a living or pick up a few crumbs.

They are just too entrenched within the system, but we can play our game as somewhat independent operators and wait out their shenanigans, benefiting when and as they do, when the fruit is ripe.

Hey Hop
Happy to wait but hopefully not 2-3 decades for them to reveal everything.
Half of BRN fam would be in nursing homes by then 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Dhm

Regular

Two things keep my bullish blood pumping. Firstly the capitulation of Intel in deference to Akida. Tough humble pie to consume, but hats off to them for doing so. In my eyes this was the biggest single derisking event of our company in 2022. Do we think that Loihi 2 is dead in the water or will they keep it in the background?

Secondly is the thought that many of us have had about our NDA's, and that is that at some time in the (near?) future individual companies will reveal themselves either as a 'me too' scenario or as a 'market leader' scenario aka Mercedes Benz. Much of the theatre stage could be prepared via CES in Los Vegas in the next few days.

Even if the latest 4C isn't to our liking we can rest easy knowing revenue will be on our side.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
2023 is shaping up to be Brainchips best year, and although our share price isn’t where we all believe it deserves to be, we must remember that not all shareholders have the same level of information that we have here on Tsex and that the market will catch up, it’s only a matter of time.

It is of my opinion that the second half of 2023 we will really shine due to many factors but most notably renesas wold have released market ready applications containing akida IP, and the WANCA’s still won’t believe in Brainchip but that’s ok, we are truly on a once in a lifetime Stock that will not only change our lives as shareholders, but everybody’s life on this planet, as Sean has said on his LinkedIn Brainchip job description-

“BRAINCHIP NEUROMORPHIC AI IS TRULY TRANSFORMATIVE WILL BE THE COMPUTATIONAL FOUNDATION OF SMART SENSING IN ALL EDGE DEVICES. THIS COMPUTING REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN”

Now if we think of who Sean Hehir is and his background and connections, he is a board member still at the Silicon Valley Executive Network, he was Vice President at HP looking after Microsoft, ARM, Intel, AMD, Adobe, Cisco to name a few, and to have a public statement as he has about Brainchip and that it WILL BE the computational foundation of smart sensing in all edge devices, is a man full of confidence, and he has a reputation to uphold, with the connections to Silicon Valley he has, he will either look like the biggest loser with such a statement, or he just knows what he has seen and knows we really are going to be the de facto standard.

As @Violin1 has rightly said regarding the next couple of 4C’s, I caution those who have set their own expectations regarding the 4C and please take into account current macroeconomics, war, budgets!
It’s pretty obvious Brainchip is going to be successful, it’s a matter of when, not if.

Happy new Year to all, have a safe and positive holiday season and shall we all make a toast to Brainchip 🥂
Also said 7 months ago we should be probably a 4 billion mkt cap at that stage or near too, what's that about $2.40 ? ,along way off the target, alot of making up to do

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi @Bravo ,

I thought I was on the other thread, Replying to your post, but I found out I was on this thread, so I amended to provide more context and reference to your post in the other thread ... if you follow my drift?

Hi Dodgy-Knees, unfortunately my Brain Computer Interface isn't working so well this morning but, yes, I think I follow your drift.

yes-sweet.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hey Hop
Happy to wait but hopefully not 2-3 decades for them to reveal everything.
Half of BRN fam would be in nursing homes by then 😂
20 - 30 years?
That's just for the hidden shit Bacon, like the current versions of the SR71's etc. 🤣
Plenty will be revealed making many of us who hold millionaires and some few billionaires along the way no doubt.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

It pays to love history and read widely:

“Conceived in 1943, the Skunk Works division—a name inspired by a mysterious locale from the comic strip Li’L Abner—was formed by Johnson to build America’s first jet fighter. German jets had appeared over Europe. Uncle Sam needed a counterpunch, and Johnson got a call. As with virtually all Skunk Works projects that followed, the mission was secretive and the deadline was remarkably tight. Johnson promised the Pentagon they’d have their first prototype in 150 days. His engineers turned one out in 143 days, creating the P-80 Shooting Star, a sleek, lightning-fast fighter that went on to win history’s first jet-versus-jet dogfight over Korea in 1950”

So while we might never know what and where the tight timelines required by Skunkworks projects would mean watching the 4C’s will see the resulting revenue well before our teeth start falling out and shower frames are required.

Using SCNN powered event based sensors to find and track hypersonic weapons lends itself to a Skunkworks project with very tight timelines given USA, China, Russia relationships.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Two things keep my bullish blood pumping. Firstly the capitulation of Intel in deference to Akida. Tough humble pie to consume, but hats off to them for doing so. In my eyes this was the biggest single derisking event of our company in 2022. Do we think that Loihi 2 is dead in the water or will they keep it in the background?

Secondly is the thought that many of us have had about our NDA's, and that is that at some time in the (near?) future individual companies will reveal themselves either as a 'me too' scenario or as a 'market leader' scenario aka Mercedes Benz. Much of the theatre stage could be prepared via CES in Los Vegas in the next few days.

Even if the latest 4C isn't to our liking we can rest easy knowing revenue will be on our side.

"Even if the latest 4C isn't to our liking we can rest easy knowing revenue will be on our side."

Eventually, yes. 🤣

The trap is in banking on it happening within an assumed timeframe of our choosing or wishing, and becoming emotionally reliant and prone to discouragement.
We are, after all, mere spectators in this game.
I, like you, hope that our success arrives rapidly, that this CES provides massive reveals and validation for us, but if it doesn't, or if the coming 4C isn't awash with dosh, I won't despair.

There are, for us mere investors, at this stage of the game, too many unknowns and too much hidden behind potentially security sensitive and commercially required NDA's to be able to do anything other than guess at outcomes.
The 1000 eyes is a remarkable phenomenon which is continually scratching at the available resource and digs out pure gold at times, but the reality remains that the market will reveal itself in its own time and is also subject to the larger macro economic sphere of influence.

Whilst we wait, and those who run the show do their thing, there is still time for glof.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
A Happy New Year to posters and readers alike.

May 2023 bring health, wealth, peace and happiness.

Was looking around VVDN still and a word connection came up with Airtel which led me elsewhere, somewhere familiar, yet I must have missed this trademark name of theirs being posted or maybe it hasn't?

Apols for the indulgent long post but a few areas / sources to copy and link.

Whilst it is more an overall business / industry model / concept as below description, there are definite opportunities here imo.

The future of manufacturing is neural
Inspired by the human nervous system, Neural Manufacturing™ helps manufacturing businesses become intelligent, resilient, adaptive, and purpose-driven through connected, cognitive, and collaborative capabilities. These essential ingredients help enterprises build next-generation value chains.

Solution

The TCS Neural Manufacturing suite offers enterprises three core solutions for their transformation: 

Cognitive enterprise: To build AI and prescriptive analytics capabilities across the enterprise functions, enabling autonomous behavior in products, processes, and customer engagements. These can be made possible through a neural information fabric.

Connected value chains: To bring visibility across value chain partners to drive agility and co-innovation and establish new target operating models.

Collaborative ecosystems: To design and operate purpose-centric ecosystems that create exponential business value.

The transformation to the future manufacturing enterprise is powered by data and a contemporary, scalable digital core. TCS enables this journey with a phased roadmap:

Phase 1: Neural thinking for enterprises to plan their business strategy, target operating models, and ecosystem constructs. TCS helps with an opportunity assessment and business case.

Phase 2: Neural capabilities, including a neural information fabric, to build the digital core and enable the orchestration of ecosystems through data-driven platforms.

Phase 3: To demonstrate neural behaviors, manufacturers can introduce adaptability and resilience in their ecosystem operations, thus creating a true agile enterprise with a portfolio of intelligent products and services.

Where do we fit....well, hopefully still working with TCS in the background providing Akida as part of this new roadmap of theirs.

An Aug 22 article on TCS site spells out clearly what they think of SNN.

Screenshot_2023-01-01-09-31-01-29_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Spiking neural networks
The building block for AI innovation

7 MINS READ

Excerpt.

What is an SNN

Spiking Neural Network: The building block for innovation

The Spiking Neural Network (SNN) is the third generation of neural network models, built with specialized network topologies that redefine the entire computational process. The spiking makes it more intelligent and energy-efficient, which is crucial for small devices to perform.

With a three-layered feedforward specialized network topology, the SNN is one of the most powerful neural networks that can process temporal data in real-time. This high computational power and advanced topology make it suitable for robotics and computer vision applications that require real-time data processing.

SNN facilitates real-time sourcing and processing of the data and is a major improvement over other neural networks, which primarily rely on frequency rather than temporal data.

SNN is one of the most powerful neural networks that can process temporal data in real-time.

The SNN spikes are computationally more advanced, and the firing activity of the neuron in the SNN architecture is not tied to static inputs but to the notion of time.

Airtel and TCS.

Around this time last year TCs and Airtel buddied up.

TCS successfully tested two use cases on Airtel’s 5G testbed – remote manufacturing operations using robotics, and vision-based quality inspection, demonstrating how TCS’ neural manufacturing solutions and 5G technology can transform plant operations, and significantly boost quality, productivity, and safety.

“We believe the future of manufacturing is neural, and have been making sustained investments in research, and innovation, and in building intellectual property. Our partnership with Airtel to deploy and validate these innovative use cases on their 5G network serves as a proof point of the transformative power of these technologies,” said Susheel Vasudevan, business group head, Manufacturing & Utilities, TCS.

These solutions help manufacturers build smart, cognitive factories which mimic resilient and adaptive behaviors. They leverage the ultra-reliable low latency communication, enhanced bandwidth, and high device density characteristics of 5G networks and the combinatorial power of emerging technologies like AI/ML, computer vision, industrial robotics and AR/VR to enable autonomous actions on the shopfloor.

ARC Advisory article on TCS model.

How Neural Manufacturing for Process Industries Fosters Intelligent Business Process Automation

Conclusion
Technology adoption has dramatically increased competitive pressures and placed intense demands on the organization to become intelligent, agile, and insight driven. The corresponding digitalization of businesses involves products, customer engagement, distribution channels, enterprise core systems, and nearly all business processes. The future for process manufacturing enterprises and their ecosystems will be connected, cognitive, and collaborative to demonstrate resilience, adaptability, and purpose-driven behaviors. Digital transformation addresses the business processes retarding enterprise growth by leveraging technology. History shows that change is difficult for many companies – particularly process industries with hard, complex, and big assets. They often have difficulty with industry dynamics driven by software technology adoption.

With many good case stories, TCS has successfully demonstrated the benefits of neural ecosystems in the process industries. Several process manufacturing companies have implemented IIoT, cloud, analytics, and augmented reality to achieve end-to-end visibility, quality, and productivity improvements during the manufacturing process. Additionally, TCS is actively participating in developing data monetization approaches for manufacturing companies. The case studies show that companies can start with manageable projects to digitally transform aspects of their businesses and then build on that success.

TCS is in an interesting position to help manufacturing clients with technology-driven business improvements due to its technical breadth across the business spectrum, from shop floor to C-suite. This allows TCS to pull experienced resources to address its clients’ specifics needs.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Bravo

Howdy All,

I don't want to keep banging on about this BMW "Dee" thingamejig, primarily because I don't want to be sent back to the naughty corner so early in the new year 😇, but in addition to Arnie Arnold Schwarzenegger, BMW now has the Hoff on board with this new advertising campaign which describes "DEE"as being "the mysterious artificial intelligence BMW’s been teasing for a couple of weeks now". Yes, that's the Hoff, as in David Hasselhoff of Babewatch fame.

So, anyway, this concept car will be shown off at CES 2023 and it's going to be based on its Neue Klasse modular architecture. Remember mid-way through last year Valeo announced that it will develop and produce the ADAS domain controller capable of managing all data flows from all ADAS sensors in BMW Group vehicles based on the “Neue Klasse” platform and that “Neue Klasse” will also feature the next generation of Valeo’s ultrasonic sensors, the full set of surround view cameras, as well as a new multifunctional interior camera that will contribute to improved safety and create a new level of user experience".

So, needless to say, I'm keeping my fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed that Valeo's sensors will incorporate Akida IP in this new BMW concept car that is currently being lauded by the likes of Arnie and the Hof.🤞

PS: I've attached a link to a little video from BMW's Instagram it says "everyone will be talking about it".

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 12.58.38 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 12.58.46 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 12.59.07 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 12.58.53 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.14.48 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.15.32 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.14.48 pm.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.15.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.15.32 pm.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.14.48 pm.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 12.59.13 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 12.59.13 pm.png
    100 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
I could well have missed this but I have just noticed today that BrainChip has a Principal Computer Scientist and he has just published a paper which He has posted to linkedin

1672539552266.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Bravo

Howdy All,

I don't want to keep banging on about this BMW "Dee" thingamejig, primarily because I don't want to be sent back to the naughty corner so early in the new year 😇, but in addition to Arnie Arnold Schwarzenegger, BMW now has the Hoff on board with this new advertising campaign about "Dee" which this article describes as being "the mysterious artificial intelligence BMW’s been teasing for a couple of weeks now". Yes, that's the Hoff, as in David Hasselhoff of Babewatch fame.

So, anyway, this concept car will be shown off at CES 2023 and it's going to be based on its Neue Klasse modular architecture. Remember mid-way through last year Valeo announced that it will develop and produce the ADAS domain controller capable of managing all data flows from all ADAS sensors in BMW Group vehicles based on the “Neue Klasse” platform and that “Neue Klasse” will also feature the next generation of Valeo’s ultrasonic sensors, the full set of surround view cameras, as well as a new multifunctional interior camera that will contribute to improved safety and create a new level of user experience".

So, needless to say, I'm keeping my fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed that Valeo's sensors will incorporate Akida IP in this new BMW concept car that is currently being lauded by the likes of Arnie and the Hof.🤞

PS: I've attached a link to a little video from BMW's Instagram it says "everyone will be talking about it".

View attachment 25798

View attachment 25803
View attachment 25805 View attachment 25804
View attachment 25811
View attachment 25812

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 1.13.47 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Hi Dhm,

View attachment 25786

#41,197

View attachment 25784

So what you are saying is any of those other projects Simon and his team are working on and need to apply the JAST rule they must first pick up the phone to Brainchip?
Oh that secret sauce is so tasty and can be used in a variety of recipes😉😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom