BRN Discussion Ongoing

The NVIDIA and ARM deal has been terminated.

Softbank does not sell ARM to Nvidia

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
"What I envision for this company is that if we proliferate the technology, prove it out even more in many, many industries and use cases, that we become the defacto standard. That is the vision I have for the long term. There is absolutely no reason we cannot be the predominant standard for edge AI in the coming years"

- Sean Herir, BrainChip Podcast
I have said before we all listen from different points on the compass.

I listen from the point where all litigation lawyers stand and I have too say the new CEO Sean Hehir is absolutely not shielding himself from liability.

It is clear to me that having taken a very deep dive under the hood he has not found one bolt or screw out of place and is pulling at the bit to get out on the track and put his foot flat to the floor.

I loved his statement that before taking the position he sat down with technology experts who confirmed to him what Brainchip had.

I loved the fact that the philosophy he embraced in one of his earlier successful roles of getting the product into as many hands around the world as possible is also being adopted here at Brainchip.

Why? Well not because it is a great sales technique which it is but because it is the ultimate statement of confidence in the AKIDA TECHNOLOGY product.

When I was prosecuting if I was confident in the case I was presenting I would give full disclosure without even being asked. It blows your opponent out of the water if you display that sort of confidence. The same applies here.

I personally could not be happier with this first full blown presentation to shareholders by the new CEO and all I can say is look out World Brainchip is off and sprinting catch them if you can.’

My absolutely anonymous should not be listened too opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 91 users

Mugen74

Regular
brain.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Let’s say you borrow money against your BRN shares (your collateral)
You then use the borrowed money to buy more BRN shares.
Then some catalyst causes the market and BRN stock price to drop.
The broker, seeing your collateral has dropped in value, calls back the loan!
If you cannot provide the cash to pay off the loan, the broker will liquidate enough of your BRN shares to pay back the loan.
In extreme conditions, you may end up with less BRN, no BRN, or worse, no BRN and owe money.

Just not worth it to leverage BRN for more BRN.

I paid dearly during the dot com bubble, but learned my lesson early in life 😂

Hope this helps.
Yes, Thank you very much for your reply.
This was the sort of thing I assumed you were alluding to, but just wanted to understand the potential downside more clearly.
I guess all leverage is a two edged sword, amplifying both upside and downside.
Good on you Beebo.
Nice to be on a winner here. :)

Reactions: 12 users
Welcome :D I'll tidy up the look and feel before creating all other stock codes and then inviting more folks over. Meanwhile, enjoy the "safe place" for BRN :)
Well done Zeed0t cheers

Reactions: 23 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Reactions: 44 users
Good Morning Chippers,

Great podcast.

Think I had a little
Neuralgassem.

Should be a cracking day.

Regards,
Esq.
Was a good little Podcast, but we'll need more than that, to burn those shorts 😉

Show us the (IP deals) money!

Reactions: 27 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Another great read if you haven't already

"Over 4,500 potential customers have started to use MetaTF in 2021 alone"

Good evening all,

I decided to take yet another look at XILINX as I recalled Brainchip were doing something with CCTV video with them but then started second guessing myself. But I am persistant!

Not sure why I didn’t check the Brainchip website first: it’s such a good resource. I wasn’t a shareholder at the time but recall reading about Brainchip Studio which is where Xilinx/Brainchip collaborate.

I would suggest that if Brainchip has been working with Xilinx since 2017 and are involved with Mercedes Benz NOW then one would think they have would be looking to include Akida, chip or IP in their own new products in the future. If XILINX already had something to match Akida then Mercedes would have just gone with them and been spruiking their name not Brainchip.

Therefore I would suggest that at some time in the future we will start to see more XILINX/BRAINCHIP collaborations which will be explosive!

I can’t see that we are listed as a partner - yet! I am not sure how an announcement would go as we have already worked together so I am guessing there has already been an announcement of some variety back in 2017. I am again guessing that nothing further would be disclosed to the asx until commercial agreement conditions have been met which needs to be disclosed by law. Which as has been discussed numerous times is a grey area when NDA’s are involved and their are also commercial in confidence obligations.

They have nearly 5000 employees. There is a heap of information about smart cities, ai video analytics Etc. Suggest if you are interested take a look at their website as there is so much information there it’s going to take me a while to go through it. Xilinx.com

Here’s the link to Brainchips website, dated 2017 showing another link with Xilinx.
https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-...n-of-neuromorphic-computing-brainchip-120917/

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD. ANNOUNCED THE RELEASE OF ITS HARDWARE ACCELERATION BOARD, BRAINCHIP ACCELERATOR.​

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — (Marketwired) — 09/12/17 —
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
  • Enables 16 channels of simultaneous video processing;
  • Provides a low power, up to 6x speed boost to BrainChip Studio’s CPU-based Artificial Intelligence Software for Object Recognition;
  • 7x more efficient than GPU-accelerated deep learning systems
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN) (“BrainChip” or “the Company”), a leading developer of software and hardware accelerated solutions for advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning, today announced the release of its hardware acceleration board, BrainChip Accelerator.
BrainChip Accelerator is an 8-lane, PCI-Express add-in card that increases the speed and accuracy of the object recognition function of BrainChip Studio software by up to six times, while increasing the simultaneous video channels of a system to 16 per card. The card is very low-power and can be easily installed within existing video surveillance systems without upgrading power systems or thermal management.
BrainChip Studio helps law enforcement and intelligence organizations rapidly identify objects in large amounts of archived or live streaming video. By processing multiple video streams simultaneously, the BrainChip Accelerator add-in card enables these organizations to search increasing amounts of video faster, with a higher probability of object recognition and lower total cost of ownership. The system learns from a single low-resolution image, which can be as small as 20 x 20 pixels, and excels in recognition in low-light, low-resolution, noisy environments.

As the first commercial implementation of a hardware-accelerated spiking neural network system, BrainChip Accelerator is a significant milestone in the development of neuromorphic computing, a branch of artificial intelligence that simulates neuron functions. The processing is done by six BrainChip Accelerator cores in a Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale field-programmable gate array (FPGA). Each core performs fast, user-defined image scaling, spike generation, and spiking neural network comparison to recognize objects. Scaling images up and down increases the probability of finding objects, and due to the low-power characteristics of spiking neural networks, each core consumes approximately one watt while processing up to 100 frames per second. In comparison to GPU-accelerated deep learning classification neural networks like GoogleNet and AlexNet, this is a 7x improvement of frames/second/watt.

“There is an estimated four exabytes of video data stored in video surveillance systems,” said Robert Beachler, BrainChip’s Senior Vice President of marketing and business development. “In surveillance, speed and accuracy of analysis are critical concerns for law enforcement and security agencies. The ability of BrainChip Accelerator to process video frames six times faster, while improving the accuracy of object recognition, is a significant force multiplier. It is also a further demonstration of the valuable role that artificial intelligence can now play in these applications.”
Christoph Fritsch, Senior Director for industrial, scientific and medical business at Xilinx, added, “Xilinx is at the forefront of artificial intelligence acceleration. BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology is unique in its ability to provide outstanding performance while avoiding the math intensive, power hungry, and high-cost downsides of deep learning in convolutional neural networks.”
BrainChip Accelerator is compatible with Windows or Linux computing platforms and is currently available to select law enforcement and intelligence agencies as an integrated server appliance. It may also be purchased as an add-in card for security integrators and OEMs. For more information please visit: www.brainchipinc.com/products.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. is a leading provider of software and hardware-accelerated solutions for Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications. The Company has developed a revolutionary new spiking neural network technology that can learn autonomously, evolve and associate information just like the human brain. The technology, which is proprietary, is fast, completely digital and consumes very low power. The Company provides software and hardware solutions that address the high-performance requirements in Civil Surveillance, Gaming, Facial Recognition and Visual Inspection systems. www.brainchipinc.com.
Source: BrainChip Holdings Ltd.
September 12th, 2017

GLTAH and all my opinion only. Please DYOR.

Cheers!
💡 Great post (y)

Reactions: 5 users

Bloodsy

Regular
Seriously encouraging podcast! Sean sounds so driven and its great to hear that he has a vision for Akida to be the defacto standard of edge AI.

Only little nugget i got was that Rob had been up in Silicon valley all week having "exciting" discussions.

Have a great day Brainiacs!

Reactions: 41 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Speaking from experience, I DO NOT recommend leveraging your owned BRN shares to buy more BRN.

I know it may be tempting, but please don’t.
My stand is ....... and I always stick to it ..... 'IF YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT.... DON"T BUY IT' it has worked for me over the years ! Not financial advise

Reactions: 21 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Screenshot_20220209-090239.png

Clooch isn't happy the "blowhards" in here left! He/She had unfortunately missed the point of why people left.

We'll soon overtake HC. I've no doubts about that.

Akida Ballista

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
View attachment 616
Clooch isn't happy the "blowhards" in here left! He's unfortunately missed the point of why people left.

Akida Ballista
Who's clooch anyways?

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
View attachment 616
Clooch isn't happy the "blowhards" in here left! He's unfortunately missed the point of why people left.

Akida Ballista
clooch has posted often on HC and is very strong in her views so here is another example of how she feels, it doesn't make her right or wrong it just another persons view I guess and that is why forums are created for open discussion ... cheers Bien

Reactions: 13 users

Osky

I also like how he likes to be prepared and excel at things, and having the opportunity to look at Brainchip and the customers he wanted to be a part of it
Wow thats a great podcast and thanks for posting Second time I have heard him on a podcast and this was a very positive and dynamic Delivery. Key takeaways from me, “unique in the market” “nothing even close” “game changing” “will evolve to be the de facto standard”. Maybe we all know that but still nice to have confirmation and CEO who will keep pushing I’m sure of that.

have a great day
abetter informed Osky😀

Reactions: 30 users

brainsnap

Emerged
The tone of the commentary has changed for the better. Well done to the organizers for making the shift and facilitating the move away from HC which I would say is permanent for most. Today the site seems easier to use as well which I appreciate very much

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users
clooch has posted often on HC and is very strong in her views so here is another example of how she feels, it doesn't make her right or wrong it just another persons view I guess and that is why forums are created for open discussion ... cheers Bien
What I would question is the standards of someone who never even put Unknown Soldier on ignore and was content to read his or her vile commentary as a way to start their day with a morning coffee.

We’re they setting themselves to bite the heads of chickens. I always wondered about this poster so I for one will not grieve their absence.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 43 users

Fox151

Regular
View attachment 616

Akida Ballista
They must really be hurting over in hot crapper land to be taking it this personally. I would've thought the perusing, or not, of any website was a free choice available to everyone. I don't know what right they have to get pissy that we aren't playing with them anymore. It's quite pathetic really.

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
What I would question is the standards of someone who never even put Unknown Soldier on ignore and was content to read his or her vile commentary as a way to start their day with a morning coffee.

We’re they setting themselves to bite the heads of chickens. I always wondered about this poster so I for one will not grieve their absence.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes I agree with you FF and I personally had many on ignore ... clooch and I had a few back and forward messages with her stand on why BRN don't employ more women and why are the new candidates for the CEO position are 'only' Men trying to level with her was hard work!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
I've no problem with someone being strong in their views. But this person has blatantly ignored the issue here as FF has eloquently pointed out.

But this person has now gone on to attack those of us who left because of the cesspit that HC became while they claim to ignore it.(the gif below is accurate of this person's stance).The one-way moderation and pinning of misleading articles.

Just my opinion of course.

nothing-to-see-here-explosion.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom