BRN Discussion Ongoing

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
Thanks Andy. And thank you for the injury advice. Pleased to say the elbow is feeling good. Hope to exercise it with a few cold ones when we catch up in Melbourne one day.
Your an ideas man Sladius!

Reactions: 3 users

Dallas

Regular
Mr.Tech say good bye from HC

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
Good evening all,

I decided to take yet another look at XILINX as I recalled Brainchip were doing something with CCTV video with them but then started second guessing myself. But I am persistant!

Not sure why I didn’t check the Brainchip website first: it’s such a good resource. I wasn’t a shareholder at the time but recall reading about Brainchip Studio which is where Xilinx/Brainchip collaborate.

I would suggest that if Brainchip has been working with Xilinx since 2017 and are involved with Mercedes Benz NOW then one would think they have would be looking to include Akida, chip or IP in their own new products in the future. If XILINX already had something to match Akida then Mercedes would have just gone with them and been spruiking their name not Brainchip.

Therefore I would suggest that at some time in the future we will start to see more XILINX/BRAINCHIP collaborations which will be explosive!

I can’t see that we are listed as a partner - yet! I am not sure how an announcement would go as we have already worked together so I am guessing there has already been an announcement of some variety back in 2017. I am again guessing that nothing further would be disclosed to the asx until commercial agreement conditions have been met which needs to be disclosed by law. Which as has been discussed numerous times is a grey area when NDA’s are involved and their are also commercial in confidence obligations.

They have nearly 5000 employees. There is a heap of information about smart cities, ai video analytics Etc. Suggest if you are interested take a look at their website as there is so much information there it’s going to take me a while to go through it. Xilinx.com

Here’s the link to Brainchips website, dated 2017 showing another link with Xilinx.
https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-...n-of-neuromorphic-computing-brainchip-120917/

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD. ANNOUNCED THE RELEASE OF ITS HARDWARE ACCELERATION BOARD, BRAINCHIP ACCELERATOR.​

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — (Marketwired) — 09/12/17 —
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
  • Enables 16 channels of simultaneous video processing;
  • Provides a low power, up to 6x speed boost to BrainChip Studio’s CPU-based Artificial Intelligence Software for Object Recognition;
  • 7x more efficient than GPU-accelerated deep learning systems
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN) (“BrainChip” or “the Company”), a leading developer of software and hardware accelerated solutions for advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning, today announced the release of its hardware acceleration board, BrainChip Accelerator.
BrainChip Accelerator is an 8-lane, PCI-Express add-in card that increases the speed and accuracy of the object recognition function of BrainChip Studio software by up to six times, while increasing the simultaneous video channels of a system to 16 per card. The card is very low-power and can be easily installed within existing video surveillance systems without upgrading power systems or thermal management.
BrainChip Studio helps law enforcement and intelligence organizations rapidly identify objects in large amounts of archived or live streaming video. By processing multiple video streams simultaneously, the BrainChip Accelerator add-in card enables these organizations to search increasing amounts of video faster, with a higher probability of object recognition and lower total cost of ownership. The system learns from a single low-resolution image, which can be as small as 20 x 20 pixels, and excels in recognition in low-light, low-resolution, noisy environments.

As the first commercial implementation of a hardware-accelerated spiking neural network system, BrainChip Accelerator is a significant milestone in the development of neuromorphic computing, a branch of artificial intelligence that simulates neuron functions. The processing is done by six BrainChip Accelerator cores in a Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale field-programmable gate array (FPGA). Each core performs fast, user-defined image scaling, spike generation, and spiking neural network comparison to recognize objects. Scaling images up and down increases the probability of finding objects, and due to the low-power characteristics of spiking neural networks, each core consumes approximately one watt while processing up to 100 frames per second. In comparison to GPU-accelerated deep learning classification neural networks like GoogleNet and AlexNet, this is a 7x improvement of frames/second/watt.

“There is an estimated four exabytes of video data stored in video surveillance systems,” said Robert Beachler, BrainChip’s Senior Vice President of marketing and business development. “In surveillance, speed and accuracy of analysis are critical concerns for law enforcement and security agencies. The ability of BrainChip Accelerator to process video frames six times faster, while improving the accuracy of object recognition, is a significant force multiplier. It is also a further demonstration of the valuable role that artificial intelligence can now play in these applications.”
Christoph Fritsch, Senior Director for industrial, scientific and medical business at Xilinx, added, “Xilinx is at the forefront of artificial intelligence acceleration. BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology is unique in its ability to provide outstanding performance while avoiding the math intensive, power hungry, and high-cost downsides of deep learning in convolutional neural networks.”
BrainChip Accelerator is compatible with Windows or Linux computing platforms and is currently available to select law enforcement and intelligence agencies as an integrated server appliance. It may also be purchased as an add-in card for security integrators and OEMs. For more information please visit: www.brainchipinc.com/products.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. is a leading provider of software and hardware-accelerated solutions for Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications. The Company has developed a revolutionary new spiking neural network technology that can learn autonomously, evolve and associate information just like the human brain. The technology, which is proprietary, is fast, completely digital and consumes very low power. The Company provides software and hardware solutions that address the high-performance requirements in Civil Surveillance, Gaming, Facial Recognition and Visual Inspection systems. www.brainchipinc.com.
Source: BrainChip Holdings Ltd.
September 12th, 2017

GLTAH and all my opinion only. Please DYOR.

Cheers!
Great post. A lot of time and effort generously shared. FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I was there too, at the end of the day it wasn't the question to ask or be answered on a forum. The ATO website has all the pertinent information and that's where research should have been done.

Too lengthy to explain every nuance you will come across. You can only put a maximum of $1.7m in your pension account. This is tax free, the rest stays in accumulation account and continues to be taxed. There is more. ATO website is the best place.
Totally agree. From the point of view of a lawyer who excelled at statutory interpretation I personally am disgusted with the complexity of the rules around superannuation which make it virtually inaccessible to the vast majority of the population.

It is not an are of tax related to foreign corporations or some other sophisticated narrow sector it touches every single Australian of every educational level and grasp of the English language.

So while it might be on the ATO’s web site I encourage everyone regardless of their station to confirm with their CPA that their understanding is correct.

It is too important to get wrong.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users
D

Deleted member 118

Mr.Tech say good bye from HC
1644351031145.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 28 users

uiux

Regular

"What I envision for this company is that if we proliferate the technology, prove it out even more in many, many industries and use cases, that we become the defacto standard. That is the vision I have for the long term. There is absolutely no reason we cannot be the predominant standard for edge AI in the coming years"

- Sean Herir, BrainChip Podcast

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 91 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Speaking from experience, I DO NOT recommend leveraging your owned BRN shares to buy more BRN.

I know it may be tempting, but please don’t.
Hi Beebo. Can you expand a little please. What are the potential downsides you are concerned about?
Would be good to hear for us who have not walked that path before. :)

Reactions: 4 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
He was Born and raised in Boston.. and i go for Boston sports teams and wear New Balance shoes.

Things are lining up!! Oh yeahhhhhh.. The universe is telling me something.

• Haha

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
"What I envision for this company is that if we proliferate the technology, prove it out even more in many, many industries and use cases, that we become the defacto standard. That is the vision I have for the long term. There is absolutely no reason we cannot be the predominant standard for edge AI in the coming years"

- Sean Herir, BrainChip Podcast
I also like how he likes to be prepared and excel at things, and having the opportunity to look at Brainchip and the customers he wanted to be a part of it

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Rskiff

Regular
"we are not just going to keep our lead, but accelerate the lead"

• Fire
Reactions: 32 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Welcome Mr Tech Laden if you are amongst us.
You would be one of the final jewels in our crown.
Looking forward to your ongoing input here. :)
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH

Reactions: 29 users

Beebo

Regular
Hi Beebo. Can you expand a little please. What are the potential downsides you are concerned about?
Would be good to hear for us who have not walked that path before. :)
Let’s say you borrow money against your BRN shares (your collateral)
You then use the borrowed money to buy more BRN shares.
Then some catalyst causes the market and BRN stock price to drop.
The broker, seeing your collateral has dropped in value, calls back the loan!
If you cannot provide the cash to pay off the loan, the broker will liquidate enough of your BRN shares to pay back the loan.
In extreme conditions, you may end up with less BRN, no BRN, or worse, no BRN and owe money.

Just not worth it to leverage BRN for more BRN.

I paid dearly during the dot com bubble, but learned my lesson early in life 😂

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 35 users
Outside markets, Dow and our future 2nd home, the Nasdaq, looked good overnight and were also strengthening further, into the close.

All we need is a good announcement today and I reckon, we might have ourselves a short squeeze 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Reactions: 20 users
Let’s say you borrow money against your BRN shares (your collateral)
You then use the borrowed money to buy more BRN shares.
Then some catalyst causes the market and BRN stock price to drop.
The broker, seeing your collateral has dropped in value, calls back the loan!
If you cannot provide the cash to pay off the loan, the broker will liquidate enough of your BRN shares to pay back the loan.
In extreme conditions, you may end up with less BRN, no BRN, or worse, no BRN and owe money.

Just not worth it to leverage BRN for more BRN.

I paid dearly during the dot com bubble, but learned my lesson early in life 😂

Hope this helps.
Sound sensible advice. Nothing more needs to be said.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Hittman

Regular
Totally agree. From the point of view of a lawyer who excelled at statutory interpretation I personally am disgusted with the complexity of the rules around superannuation which make it virtually inaccessible to the vast majority of the population.

It is not an are of tax related to foreign corporations or some other sophisticated narrow sector it touches every single Australian of every educational level and grasp of the English language.

So while it might be on the ATO’s web site I encourage everyone regardless of their station to confirm with their CPA that their understanding is correct.

It is too important to get wrong.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I won't bog this thread down with anymore Superannuation talk after this, but I am in my 50's and have seen quite a few changes to the Superannuation System over the years. Not all of them good.

Reactions: 10 users

AlpineLife

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Good morning my friends and brn family. Looks like the US did well last night. We should have a good day in the ASX today unless the futures suddenly turn on us

Top Bottom