BRN Discussion Ongoing

It may have been me but I believe I said if you start with $1.6 million (Govt allocated amount) and your investment exceeds that you still pay no tax. Even if the investment goes to say $50 million. Ya got to love pension mode.
Somebody else said the opposite but it does not matter the point is it’s dangerous to have specific advice given even when given in good faith. That is the real point.

By the way your advice accords with my understanding and my accountants until the government does another back flip with a triple pike.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 13 users

cyber

Hi GL,

The thing about forecasts is that they are invariably wrong.

However, without having read the basis on which the forecast was made , I would think that the AI market would include much more than NN chips. There is usually a lot of other stuff, sensors, displays, WiFi ... which make up the components sold in the AI field.

So I take a smaller proportion of the forecast market as being the NN market, eg, 10%, and then I allocate another fraction, eg, one fifth to BrainChip. So assuming $US60 billion to be in the ballpark, I would be pleased if BrainChip's share got to $US1.2 billion, which could be rounded up to $AU2 billion. Even with a moderate multiplier of 10, that would be a market capital of $AU20 billion.

Of course, my estimates of 10% and one fifth are plucked from thin air and have no basis in reality, other than to dampen my vaunting hubris.
Hi D
It's refreshing; I think it's the first time I've read anybody questioning the make up of this.
Sorry @greatlake always tend to put on my sceptical hat when TAM gets mentioned.
Always assumed it was 10% stab in the dark and 90% marketing hocus-pocus.
But would be very interested if someone has ever seen some analysis or just some assumptions that underpin this $60B figure.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
From my limited knowledge, once it goes above 5% stake they won't be able to hide anymore.

Patents are the key I reckon. They are mostly in Peter's name.
Bacon.
I remember people stating this over on the last never to speak of forum, but this is my understanding only from what I have read on HC:
1) The patents are in fact in Peters name as they need to be under a persons name according to US law
2) There must be something in the contract with Peter that binds the patents to the company otherwise he could sell up and the company has nothing except for a competitor in the form of Peter MarkII.

I am not stating the above as fact, only from what I have put together and would be keen on somebody with the knowledge to rectify anything incorrect.

Reactions: 4 users

Fox151

Regular
I was thinking just now that in due course someone like Slade who if I remember correctly has an interest in education could give some thought to how we might best set up or go about providing a question on answer hub for new to the market and Brainchip investors. I am not a person who follows the charts but I was on the chart thread this morning, and reading through was impressed with how it is running now that it is a civilised thread unpopulated by those with other agendas. I thought to myself that these guys have a real opportunity to educate those that are interested in charting and I think some if not all probably enjoy the educational aspect of speaking about what and how they do it.

Anyway just a thought for a future time.
FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'd be interested in @Dolci sharing her charting experience now that she's in a place where she may not get 100% agreeance but will still at least get 100% respect.

Reactions: 10 users

LordFoul

YES! a new home for 2022, let's be sure to make this work and create a great community.

LordFoul

The job isn't available in our jurisdiction, you could move to California though.

Job Description & How to Apply Below
At BrainChip, we’re top of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge Based AI Processor. If you share our passion for innovation and drive, we want to meet you.

Junior Machine Learning Engineer
Laguna Hills, CA, USA
The junior machine learning engineer’s primary role is to support the research team in developing commercial applications for Brain

Chip’s Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC). Some of the target applications include work in computer vision (object classification/detection and face recognition), audio processing (keyword spotting), and sensor fusion. Additionally, this team member will support the research team’s algorithm development for the next version of the Akida NSoC.

Requirements:

• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Course work in machine learning and computer vision
• Strong programming skills in Python
• 1 year experience developing ML applications in either Tensor

Flow/Keras and/or Py Torch
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to read, understand, and implement algorithms from technical ML journals
Desired:
• 2+ years experience developing ML applications in Tensor

Flow/Keras and Py Torch
• Multi-project experience in object classification, object detection, face recognition, and/or keyword spotting
• Knowledge of deep learning quantization techniques
• Experience with Docker and Git
• Experience with Scrum/Agile software development (e.g. Jira)

Reactions: 19 users

LordFoul

Company: BrainChip
Full Time position
Listed on 2022-02-08
Job specializations:

• IT/Tech
    Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, AI Engineer, Machine Learning
  • Software Development
    Computer Science, Machine Learning

Reactions: 13 users
Good morning all.

Fantastic advice FF as usual. I know you’re anonymous but regardless: you speak “Common Sense” so clearly. I don’t mean that in a disparaging way: you’re obviously briliant! Thank you for your continued efforts.

As it looks like we are in some capacity with XILINX and their FPGA’s I thought I’d take a further look at them. As I stated previously, there SP is $209 and they have 3500 patents. There are many which involve neural networks.

If Brainchip can dovetail in with their already existing systems and improve their efficiency etc it would be awesome as we will then have a massive company effectively working for us and putting our product out there. I think that is part of the business plan as we are not making our own products other than the world first commercial neuromorphic AI. It’s up to companies to integrate the product to give them a technological edge.

I found a video dated 2019. https://www.xilinx.com/video/events/accelerating-predictive-maintencance-python-neural-network.html

As the address bar states it is about predictive maintenence using neural networks and python. Sounds familiar.

I’d warn the video goes for an hour and is above my skill set to digest but some here might find it interesting.

Enjoy!
Good evening all,

I decided to take yet another look at XILINX as I recalled Brainchip were doing something with CCTV video with them but then started second guessing myself. But I am persistant!

Not sure why I didn’t check the Brainchip website first: it’s such a good resource. I wasn’t a shareholder at the time but recall reading about Brainchip Studio which is where Xilinx/Brainchip collaborate.

I would suggest that if Brainchip has been working with Xilinx since 2017 and are involved with Mercedes Benz NOW then one would think they have would be looking to include Akida, chip or IP in their own new products in the future. If XILINX already had something to match Akida then Mercedes would have just gone with them and been spruiking their name not Brainchip.

Therefore I would suggest that at some time in the future we will start to see more XILINX/BRAINCHIP collaborations which will be explosive!

I can’t see that we are listed as a partner - yet! I am not sure how an announcement would go as we have already worked together so I am guessing there has already been an announcement of some variety back in 2017. I am again guessing that nothing further would be disclosed to the asx until commercial agreement conditions have been met which needs to be disclosed by law. Which as has been discussed numerous times is a grey area when NDA’s are involved and their are also commercial in confidence obligations.

They have nearly 5000 employees. There is a heap of information about smart cities, ai video analytics Etc. Suggest if you are interested take a look at their website as there is so much information there it’s going to take me a while to go through it. Xilinx.com

Here’s the link to Brainchips website, dated 2017 showing another link with Xilinx.
https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-...n-of-neuromorphic-computing-brainchip-120917/

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD. ANNOUNCED THE RELEASE OF ITS HARDWARE ACCELERATION BOARD, BRAINCHIP ACCELERATOR.​

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — (Marketwired) — 09/12/17 —
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
  • Enables 16 channels of simultaneous video processing;
  • Provides a low power, up to 6x speed boost to BrainChip Studio’s CPU-based Artificial Intelligence Software for Object Recognition;
  • 7x more efficient than GPU-accelerated deep learning systems
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN) (“BrainChip” or “the Company”), a leading developer of software and hardware accelerated solutions for advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning, today announced the release of its hardware acceleration board, BrainChip Accelerator.
BrainChip Accelerator is an 8-lane, PCI-Express add-in card that increases the speed and accuracy of the object recognition function of BrainChip Studio software by up to six times, while increasing the simultaneous video channels of a system to 16 per card. The card is very low-power and can be easily installed within existing video surveillance systems without upgrading power systems or thermal management.
BrainChip Studio helps law enforcement and intelligence organizations rapidly identify objects in large amounts of archived or live streaming video. By processing multiple video streams simultaneously, the BrainChip Accelerator add-in card enables these organizations to search increasing amounts of video faster, with a higher probability of object recognition and lower total cost of ownership. The system learns from a single low-resolution image, which can be as small as 20 x 20 pixels, and excels in recognition in low-light, low-resolution, noisy environments.

As the first commercial implementation of a hardware-accelerated spiking neural network system, BrainChip Accelerator is a significant milestone in the development of neuromorphic computing, a branch of artificial intelligence that simulates neuron functions. The processing is done by six BrainChip Accelerator cores in a Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale field-programmable gate array (FPGA). Each core performs fast, user-defined image scaling, spike generation, and spiking neural network comparison to recognize objects. Scaling images up and down increases the probability of finding objects, and due to the low-power characteristics of spiking neural networks, each core consumes approximately one watt while processing up to 100 frames per second. In comparison to GPU-accelerated deep learning classification neural networks like GoogleNet and AlexNet, this is a 7x improvement of frames/second/watt.

“There is an estimated four exabytes of video data stored in video surveillance systems,” said Robert Beachler, BrainChip’s Senior Vice President of marketing and business development. “In surveillance, speed and accuracy of analysis are critical concerns for law enforcement and security agencies. The ability of BrainChip Accelerator to process video frames six times faster, while improving the accuracy of object recognition, is a significant force multiplier. It is also a further demonstration of the valuable role that artificial intelligence can now play in these applications.”
Christoph Fritsch, Senior Director for industrial, scientific and medical business at Xilinx, added, “Xilinx is at the forefront of artificial intelligence acceleration. BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology is unique in its ability to provide outstanding performance while avoiding the math intensive, power hungry, and high-cost downsides of deep learning in convolutional neural networks.”
BrainChip Accelerator is compatible with Windows or Linux computing platforms and is currently available to select law enforcement and intelligence agencies as an integrated server appliance. It may also be purchased as an add-in card for security integrators and OEMs. For more information please visit: www.brainchipinc.com/products.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. is a leading provider of software and hardware-accelerated solutions for Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications. The Company has developed a revolutionary new spiking neural network technology that can learn autonomously, evolve and associate information just like the human brain. The technology, which is proprietary, is fast, completely digital and consumes very low power. The Company provides software and hardware solutions that address the high-performance requirements in Civil Surveillance, Gaming, Facial Recognition and Visual Inspection systems. www.brainchipinc.com.
Source: BrainChip Holdings Ltd.
September 12th, 2017

GLTAH and all my opinion only. Please DYOR.

Cheers!

Reactions: 41 users

Rodney

Regular
We had this discussion about the patents in that other place and it was clearly established and confirmed by the company that as the law requires the applications were made by a real person or persons but had all been legally assigned to the company.

Patent laws require that only ideas coming from the mind of man/woman can be patented.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF I’m not 100% but I recall when Brn was listed that if the company was liquidated that the patent stay with Peter. By memory it was a safety net so Peter and Brn couldn’t be squeezed out of the game. I’m not sure where I read it but it was right at the beginning.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

LordFoul

Another great read if you haven't already

"Over 4,500 potential customers have started to use MetaTF in 2021 alone"

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 39 users

greatlake

Regular
Hi D
It's refreshing; I think it's the first time I've read anybody questioning the make up of this.
Sorry @greatlake always tend to put on my sceptical hat when TAM gets mentioned.
But would be very interested if someone has ever seen some analysis or just some assumptions that underpin this $60B
Hi D
But would be very interested if someone has ever seen some analysis or just some assumptions that underpin this $60B figure.

Hi cyber,
As you say keywords “underpin this figure”
We can really only go by the most acknowledged industry analysts in the way of Deloitte’s and JMRC ect to get a feel of what we can expect. Note Rob Telson says we are right now in a 40 billion plus industry as of today so some sort of parallels may be drawn from this. My gut feel is the ramp up could be adopted quicker than we all think but I guess I’m just an optimist in my investment here.

gilti

Regular
Do you know what I like about this forum. I can see all the comments and all the replies.
On HC I had so many clowns blocked that I could only see half of the conversations and only
one side of the interactions. Very confusing and a total waste of time.
Thanks Zeeb0t it's a pleasure to be here.

Reactions: 37 users

Hittman

Regular
It may have been me but I believe I said if you start with $1.6 million (Govt allocated amount) and your investment exceeds that you still pay no tax. Even if the investment goes to say $50 million. Ya got to love pension mode.
I was there too, at the end of the day it wasn't the question to ask or be answered on a forum. The ATO website has all the pertinent information and that's where research should have been done.

Too lengthy to explain every nuance you will come across. You can only put a maximum of $1.7m in your pension account. This is tax free, the rest stays in accumulation account and continues to be taxed. There is more. ATO website is the best place.

Reactions: 8 users

MrEdge

If Akida can compete with this on the Edge the sky is the limit for the SP!
Everyone will want a brainchip if this is possible!
Screenshot_20220208_211855_com.twitter.android_edit_54687411674466.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

cyber

Hi cyber,
As you say keywords “underpin this figure”
We can really only go by the most acknowledged industry analysts in the way of Deloitte’s and JMRC ect to get a feel of what we can expect. Note Rob Telson says we are right now in a 40 billion plus industry as of today so some sort of parallels may be drawn from this. My gut feel is the ramp up could be adopted quicker than we all think but I guess I’m just an optimist in my investment here.
Hey GL if there's one thing we can be sure about is nobody has any idea what's coming.
Think the digital revolution, the internet, smart phones, Akida.

KIA needs Akida for its proven power savings (ask Mercedes). He doesn't drive long in that ad before he needed another charge.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

stockduck

Regular

Graphics giant Nvidia will no longer be spending $40 billion to acquire Arm, according to three anonymous sources “with direct knowledge of the transaction” who spoke to the Financial Times. Instead, Nvidia will likely be spending up to $1.25 billion to Arm owner SoftBank for failing to go through with the transaction, while Arm CEO Simon Segars will reportedly lose his job in favor of Rene Hass (who coincidentally used to run Nvidia’s own Arm business many years ago).
Yes, this is quite an interesting news today and a lot of Questions rouling around my head because of this discision. What constellation might be good for the countries, that didn`t want to get Nvidia and ARM together? And is this maybe also good for softbank and Nvidia for the long run?

There is quite an interesting statement to read today from the CEO of Nvidia:

“Arm has a bright future, and we’ll continue to support them as a proud licensee for decades to come,” said Jensen Huang, founder and chief executive officer of NVIDIA. “Arm is at the center of the important dynamics in computing. Though we won’t be one company, we will partner closely with Arm. The significant investments that Masa has made have positioned Arm to expand the reach of the Arm CPU beyond client computing to supercomputing, cloud, AI and robotics. I expect Arm to be the most important CPU architecture of the next decade.”

Why does he come to this assessment? Does he knows something more than the rest of us? :p
Well time will tell us, but it makes me nervous
Is Brainchip with Akida also at the center of the important dynamics in computing?

“Arm is becoming a center of innovation not only in the mobile phone revolution, but also in cloud computing, automotive, the Internet of Things and the metaverse, and has entered its second growth phase,” said Masayoshi Son, Representative Director, Corporate Officer, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of SoftBank Group Corp. “We will take this opportunity and start preparing to take Arm public, and to make even further progress.”

:cool:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Vojnovic

Regular
Hi Team,
Those of you on NABTrade using Equity Lending, please note that BRN will be discussed at their next investor comittee meeting (this month) to determine adding it to the list of approved stocks for equity lending.
This has the potential to entice new investors and allow those already holding to take loans by levaraging BRN to buy more shares, if their risk-management so permits.

Reactions: 31 users

Beebo

Regular
Hi Team,
Those of you on NABTrade using Equity Lending, please note that BRN will be discussed at their next investor comittee meeting (this month) to determine adding it to the list of approved stocks for equity lending.
This has the potential to entice new investors and allow those already holding to take loans by levaraging BRN to buy more shares, if their risk-management
Hi Team,
This has the potential to entice new investors and allow those already holding to take loans by levaraging BRN to buy more shares, if their risk-management so permits.
Speaking from experience, I DO NOT recommend leveraging your owned BRN shares to buy more BRN.

I know it may be tempting, but please don’t.

Reactions: 12 users

Damo0127

Yes, this is quite an interesting news today and a lot of Questions rouling around my head because of this discision. What constellation might be good for the countries, that didn`t want to get Nvidia and ARM together? And is this maybe also good for softbank and Nvidia for the long run?

There is quite an interesting statement to read today from the CEO of Nvidia:

“Arm has a bright future, and we’ll continue to support them as a proud licensee for decades to come,” said Jensen Huang, founder and chief executive officer of NVIDIA. “Arm is at the center of the important dynamics in computing. Though we won’t be one company, we will partner closely with Arm. The significant investments that Masa has made have positioned Arm to expand the reach of the Arm CPU beyond client computing to supercomputing, cloud, AI and robotics. I expect Arm to be the most important CPU architecture of the next decade.”

Why does he come to this assessment? Does he knows something more than the rest of us? :p
Well time will tell us, but it makes me nervos
Is Brainchip with Akida also at the center of the important dynamics in computing?

“Arm is becoming a center of innovation not only in the mobile phone revolution, but also in cloud computing, automotive, the Internet of Things and the metaverse, and has entered its second growth phase,” said Masayoshi Son, Representative Director, Corporate Officer, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of SoftBank Group Corp. “We will take this opportunity and start preparing to take Arm public, and to make even further progress.”

:cool:
I think something is cooking there🤔Very poor explanation as a reason to stop the deal.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom