BRN Discussion Ongoing

Very good article worth a download and read. PDF is 26p and was too big to paste in a post or go to site for read.

Covers the industry and applications well imo, with various resource links and explains a lot of the intricacies and some of the tech jargon.

We get our mention towards bottom of article in the Edge and SNN categories.

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning– Explained​

steve blank
steve blank
2 days ago
Artificial Intelligence is a once-in-a lifetime commercial and defense game changer
(download a PDF of this article here)

Hundreds of billions in public and private capital is being invested in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning companies. The number of patents filed in 2021 is more than 30 times higher than in 2015 as companies and countries across the world have realized that AI and Machine Learning will be a major disruptor and potentially change the balance of military power.

Until recently, the hype exceeded reality. Today, however, advances in AI in several important areas (here, here, here, here and here) equal and even surpass human capabilities.

If you haven’t paid attention, now’s the time.

Artificial Intelligence and the Department of Defense (DoD)
The Department of Defense has thought that Artificial Intelligence is such a foundational set of technologies that they started a dedicated organization- the JAIC – to enable and implement artificial intelligence across the Department. They provide the infrastructure, tools, and technical expertise for DoD users to successfully build and deploy their AI-accelerated projects.

Some specific defense related AI applications are listed later in this document.

We’re in the Middle of a Revolution
Imagine it’s 1950, and you’re a visitor who traveled back in time from today. Your job is to explain the impact computers will have on business, defense and society to people who are using manual calculators and slide rules. You succeed in convincing one company and a government to adopt computers and learn to code much faster than their competitors /adversaries. And they figure out how they could digitally enable their business – supply chain, customer interactions, etc. Think about the competitive edge they’d have by today in business or as a nation. They’d steamroll everyone.

That’s where we are today with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. These technologies will transform businesses and government agencies. Today, 100s of billions of dollars in private capital have been invested in 1,000s of AI startups. The U.S. Department of Defense has created a dedicated organization to ensure its deployment
Great article and Brainchip even manages a mention or two:

Other AI Hardware Architectures
Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) is a completely different approach from Deep Neural Nets. A form of Neuromorphic computing it tries to emulate how a brain works. SNN neurons use simple counters and adders—no matrix multiply hardware is needed and power consumption is much lower. SNNs are good at unsupervised learning – e.g. detecting patterns in unlabeled data streams. Combined with their low power they’re a good fit for sensors at the edge. Examples: BrainChip, GrAI Matter, Innatera, Intel.

Analog Machine Learning AI chips use analog circuits to do the matrix multiplication in memory. The result is extremely low power AI for always-on sensors. Examples: Mythic (AMP,) Aspinity (AML100,) Tetramem.

Optical (Photonics) AI Computation promise performance gains over standard digital silicon, and some are nearing production. They use intersecting coherent light beams rather than switching transistors to perform matrix multiplies. Computation happens in picoseconds and requires only power for the laser. (Though off-chip digital transitions still limit power savings.) Examples: Lightmatter, Lightelligence, Luminous, Lighton.

AI Hardware for the Edge
As more AI moves to the edge, the Edge AI accelerator market is segmenting into high-end chips for camera-based systems and low-power chips for simple sensors. For example:

AI Chips in Autonomous vehicles, Augmented Reality and multicamera surveillance systems These inference engines require high performance. Examples: Nvidia (Orin,) AMD (Versal,) Qualcomm (Cloud AI 100,) and acquired Arriver for automotive software.

AI Chips in Cameras for facial recognition, surveillance. These inference chips require a balance of processing power with low power. Putting an AI chip in each camera reduces latency and bandwidth. Examples: Hailo-8, Ambarella CV5S, Quadric (Q16), (RealTek 3916N).

Ultralow-Power AI Chips Target IoT Sensors – IoT devices require very simple neural networks and can run for years on a single battery. Example applications: Presence detection, wakeword detection, gunshot detection… Examples: Syntiant (NDP,) Innatera, BrainChip

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Newk R

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
Deleted post. Think its been covered.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
Very good article worth a download and read. PDF is 26p and was too big to paste in a post or go to site for read.

Covers the industry and applications well imo, with various resource links and explains a lot of the intricacies and some of the tech jargon.

We get our mention towards bottom of article in the Edge and SNN categories.

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning– Explained​

steve blank
steve blank
2 days ago
Artificial Intelligence is a once-in-a lifetime commercial and defense game changer
(download a PDF of this article here)

Hundreds of billions in public and private capital is being invested in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning companies. The number of patents filed in 2021 is more than 30 times higher than in 2015 as companies and countries across the world have realized that AI and Machine Learning will be a major disruptor and potentially change the balance of military power.

Until recently, the hype exceeded reality. Today, however, advances in AI in several important areas (here, here, here, here and here) equal and even surpass human capabilities.

If you haven’t paid attention, now’s the time.

Artificial Intelligence and the Department of Defense (DoD)
The Department of Defense has thought that Artificial Intelligence is such a foundational set of technologies that they started a dedicated organization- the JAIC – to enable and implement artificial intelligence across the Department. They provide the infrastructure, tools, and technical expertise for DoD users to successfully build and deploy their AI-accelerated projects.

Some specific defense related AI applications are listed later in this document.

We’re in the Middle of a Revolution
Imagine it’s 1950, and you’re a visitor who traveled back in time from today. Your job is to explain the impact computers will have on business, defense and society to people who are using manual calculators and slide rules. You succeed in convincing one company and a government to adopt computers and learn to code much faster than their competitors /adversaries. And they figure out how they could digitally enable their business – supply chain, customer interactions, etc. Think about the competitive edge they’d have by today in business or as a nation. They’d steamroll everyone.

That’s where we are today with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. These technologies will transform businesses and government agencies. Today, 100s of billions of dollars in private capital have been invested in 1,000s of AI startups. The U.S. Department of Defense has created a dedicated organization to ensure its deployment

Awesome work @Fullmoonfever you are another member of the BRN 1,👀0 Eyes

Akida BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Awesome work @Fullmoonfever you are another member of the BRN 1,👀0 Eyes

Akida BALLISTA
If you liked FMF in Brainchip Discussion 2022 then be sure to catch his performance over at Nviso/Brainchip theatre showing now. Free admission for today only.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Does the stag mean anything?
View attachment 6952
I am just catching up on posts so what the stag is may have been solved. What I want to say is that everything placed on display would have been done purposefully and with much thought and consideration. So I think it does mean something for sure.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Xray1

Regular
If this were true why didn’t you need to use the exhaust fan or Glen 20 afterwards. I’d say sprung again. 😂🤣 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
One should also ask Mrs Palmers five daughters if they were there as well giving Blind Freddy a helping hand.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just in case you missed it the unemployment rate dropped to 3.9% last month and the under employment rate for both men and women also dropped.

All indicators apparently are that Australia’s economy has now recovered from the global pandemic.

How lucky we are to reside in the economic miracle imagine how good it would be here if we could just learn how the USA does it we would be sitting on top of the worlds economies.

What’s that you say the USA is on the verge of a recession?

That cannot be after all the ASX always follows the US markets which makes no sense if Australia’s economy has recovered and theirs is heading to recession???

Cannot be right must be more of that fake news Donald always talked about.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
For anyone that sold shares in BRN today I give you 'The Bird"
Not sure how true the following is because apparently Diogenese of Sinope was a fan of the Digitus Impudicus or offensive finger??
Dodgy Knees are you there?
The bird.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
I am just catching up on posts so what the stag is may have been solved. What I want to say is that everything placed on display would have been done purposefully and with much thought and consideration. So I think it does mean something for sure.
Well there are two members of the Brainchip team I would like to have a long boozy lunch or dinner with Rob Telson and Jerome Nadel.

Both strike me as having significant depth and most likely secret passions perhaps history or ancient customs and beliefs.

If I am correct and you MA correct then perhaps the Stag was chosen for the following reason:

“There is another interesting theory that is rooted in the history of the British isles... Celtic and pagan religion contained a god called Cernunnos. This was a large hairy beast that had horns. He would take part in wild animal hunts and in the course of his worship was the god of fertility, life, animals wealth and the underworld. This means he was everywhere in life for ancient brits, and so it is no surprise he was also part of marriage rituals.”

The concept of a Devine presence being everywhere is also a common belief of Christian and other faiths and as we know AKIDA is to be ubiquitous and the default standard and inserted everywhere.

It then seems logical to choose the Stag to demonstrate AKIDA one shot learning and to herald symbolically Brainchip’s eventual domination on Earth and in Space and transition to Artificial General Intelligence controlling all of human existence.

My speculation only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users
Well there are two members of the Brainchip team I would like to have a long boozy lunch or dinner with Rob Telson and Jerome Nadel.

Both strike me as having significant depth and most likely secret passions perhaps history or ancient customs and beliefs.

If I am correct and you MA correct then perhaps the Stag was chosen for the following reason:

“There is another interesting theory that is rooted in the history of the British isles... Celtic and pagan religion contained a god called Cernunnos. This was a large hairy beast that had horns. He would take part in wild animal hunts and in the course of his worship was the god of fertility, life, animals wealth and the underworld. This means he was everywhere in life for ancient brits, and so it is no surprise he was also part of marriage rituals.”

The concept of a Devine presence being everywhere is also a common belief of Christian and other faiths and as we know AKIDA is to be ubiquitous and the default standard and inserted everywhere.

It then seems logical to choose the Stag to demonstrate AKIDA one shot learning and to herald symbolically Brainchip’s eventual domination on Earth and in Space and transition to Artificial General Intelligence controlling all of human existence.

My speculation only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Or it could have been the only toy animal Anil Mankar could find in the attic where his adult children’s childhood toys were kept. 😂🤣

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Not sure how true the following is because apparently Diogenese of Sinope was a fan of the Digitus Impudicus or offensive finger??
View attachment 7036
Plucking funny

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 7036

... and who supplied the fletcher?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Plucking funny
The thing that gets me thinking, what’s the point of only making a few cents?,surly people that invest want to make some good coin, selling just doesn’t make any cents….
Holding on to everything I have
And hopefully in the not to distant future will be able to finally get set up again after the other 1/2 took more than her fair share.
Come on BRN
You have what it takes.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Calsco

Regular
Although the market has been absolutely decimated over the past month and a bit, I am so happy to see our share price has apparently cemented itself above $1.00. It instills in me a sense of confidence that the market and shareholders are beginning to realise BRN is onto something that is going to be a real game changer!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Violin1

Regular
View attachment 7036
That alone has made my investment in Brainchip worthwhile......lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Fantastic share on LinkedIn an hour ago by a Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft

47BF62E6-CFAB-459D-8C83-6BD6C16BEF6D.jpeg

E63A82A1-2921-4C99-BFE6-F7151252F30C.jpeg

42DF8AE8-B9F5-4685-81E9-BD3F1B7FE500.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
The thing that gets me thinking, what’s the point of only making a few cents?,surly people that invest want to make some good coin, selling just doesn’t make any cents….
Holding on to everything I have
And hopefully in the not to distant future will be able to finally get set up again after the other 1/2 took more than her fair share.
Come on BRN
You have what it takes.
IMO investors can buy and sell shares based on their personal opinion, investing method and current circumstance.
The thing you might not realise is that a lot BRN holders in this place like myself have been invested for many years and have accumulated large parcels when the price dropped to 5 cents in 2020..........
So selling some shares for over a dollar is a fantastic return for those investors.
Like I've discussed with fact finder I'll be holding until end of 2024.... But each to their own 😁💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Fantastic share on LinkedIn an hour ago by a Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft

View attachment 7040

View attachment 7041
View attachment 7042
I wish you had not put that up if @MC🐠 sees this he will be insufferable he has claimed Brainchip is working with AWS for well over a year.

I think we should all take a break and come back in a few days. 😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: I did put AWS on the nominees list because of his recommendation and we all saw what happened then.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom