BRN Discussion Ongoing

VictorG

I was in the bathroom, market jitters are impacting my bowel movements. I’m in a panic. Do you think I should sell my Brainchip chairs and go for the safety of Gold chairs in these uncertain times?
Stick with BRN, it's the new Gold

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
I was in the bathroom, market jitters are impacting my bowel movements. I’m in a panic. Do you think I should sell my Brainchip chairs and go for the safety of Gold chairs in these uncertain times?
The mists of time may have dulled my already limited thought processes however the more comments I read the more convinced I become that Fact Finder is a pseudonym for Blind Freddie.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Shadow59

Regular
I guess the upside is you will be saving on not having to buy Nu-Lax. You could buy a special edition chair with that!😉There has been a few of those on offer today.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MDhere

Regular
The manipulators don't seem to have much ammo left, nor the stomach for it today, anyway.
They want us all to panic or to hit stop losses so they can get our shares cheap, but anyone even slightly educated can see through these tricks now.
As Fact Finder so eloquently showed earlier this morning, we are on the cusp of greatness and are in a fantastic position with a class leading, patent protected product, with growing recognition from high profile partners, managed by ethical and highly experienced and motivated management in an area of rapidly increasing demand.
The world is wobbling a bit atm, and news outlets are leading with the bleeding, which supports their business model, but Brainchip is in robust good health and just getting into its stride.
With further announcements liable to drop anytime and even more capability in the pipeline I think it would be foolish to get off our bus now.
I intend to ride it all the way, and when the time is right, hand my tickets on to those I love.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH
Well said hopalong, they are more likely to spook some into selling at just over $2 mark then this level. Me i might get spook at around $20 :oops: maybe, $30. In the meantime time for me to go back to real work :( will check in again end of day , have a great day all, happy thirsty day .

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

TECH

Regular
Like many who follow the markets and lived and traded during the dotcom bubble would know only to well, the "jump on board the bandwagon" to make a quick buck was akin to jumping stark naked into the "lake of fire".

Yes, I also got a burnt arse, but that was all part of my learning curve since joining this circus in 1998.

Our fundamentals are rock solid, this next tech wave in AI will have a sign on the door, "no fakes permitted", I see a number of Mergers/Acquisitions on the horizon as this sector continues to increase pace, as many would have already noticed in the last 6 months especially...the words "Edge AI" "Extreme Edge" making everything smart at the Edge, the amount of news flow, tech magazine articles all using the same narrative "AT THE EDGE"....a number of would be hopefuls will fall off the edge, that's guaranteed to play out over the coming years.

Maybe it's only me, but each time I read the AI news, I see a lot less of 'Deep-Learning" and a lot more of "At the Edge"

The second-half of 2022 and beyond is only going to accelerate, and guess who's in pole position, not only Brainchip, BUT all our clients and partners, and of course the key ingredient...THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE, WORLDWIDE.

Brainchip cannot lose :D:D(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 91 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Reuben

Founding Member
Hopefully some nice people here fulfilled their top-up order at 1.075.... and to those who sold at these prices, go back to school!!!
i sneaked an order @ 1.08
1652923772901.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
If this were true why didn’t you need to use the exhaust fan or Glen 20 afterwards. I’d say sprung again. 😂🤣 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Slade

Top 20
Are we green yet?

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Brain Fam,

Here's something a bit interesting. Back in 2016 Techwave launched an open offer to aquire a 26% stake in MosChip. Just take a look at who Techwave's partners are on their website! I have also included the MosChip Partnership Ecosystem Map from the MosChip website to show additional links/partnerships.

Good times! 🥳

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.50.13 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.47.16 am.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.47.16 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.47.16 am.png
    260.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

Deena

Regular
Hi FF. Thank you for that link. I have studied the information and made some notes, which I have forwarded on to my accountant for clarification and comment. Although the language used in the ATO site is somewhat confusing (typical government site), it would seem that your previous assessment is correct (see point 4 emboldened below) applying to the 'segregated method' which would apply to my wife and I.

Cheers, Deena

Methods of Calculating ECPI (Exempt Current Pension Income)

Determine the correct method to calculate ECPI for 2021–22 and future income years

1. Were all of the fund's assets held solely to support retirement phase income streams at ALL times during the income year? ✓

Yes ✓ Go to Method A

MethodHow to calculate ECPI
AThe fund must calculate ECPI using the segregated method where it is in 100% retirement phase for all of the income year.
Note – The disregarded small fund assets rule does not apply to these funds.
An actuarial certificate will not be required when the fund is using the segregated method unless the retirement phase income stream paid is NOT one of the following:
  • allocated pensions
  • market-linked pensions
  • account-based pensions
Segregated Method

1. If from the 2021-22 income year a fund:

Is in 100% retirement phase at all times ✓

The fund is required to use the segregated method to calculate the ECPI for the entire year.

2. All income from ‘segregated current pension assets’ is ECPI.

3. Capital gains and losses are disregarded if a capital gains tax event occurs in relation to a segregated current pension asset.

4. Usually, the value of the assets supporting retirement-phase income streams will equal the value of those income streams. However, if the market value of the assets supporting retirement-phase income streams exceeds the sum of the account balances of those income streams, the assets can’t be segregated current pension assets to the extent they exceed the account balances.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Rskiff

Regular
Hello Dell, sorry if already posted but ......https://www.nextplatform.com/2022/05/11/neuromorphic-computing-will-need-partners-to-break-into-the-datacenter/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Quiltman

Regular
We agree Jerome ! Just commented on LinkedIn.

1652927378002.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 86 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 72 users
I have for two years now opined that Brainchip and its AKIDA technology are in the right place at the right time. I also believe that you make your own luck by hard work. The following news article when you go through it makes clear that AKIDA technologies energy efficiency built on hard word and dedication by the collective genius of Peter van der Made, Anil Mankar and team and the obsessive drive by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo to bring AKD1000 to market as fast as humanly possible have positioned Brainchip to benefit from so many current world wide initiatives and the following EU announcement is yet another piece of legislative luck made real by their efforts:

EU unveils 210 billion euro plan to ditch Russian energy

8h ago

© Provided by Al Jazeera

1652930026472.png

The European Commission has announced a 210 billion euro ($220b) plan to end its dependency on Russian fossil fuels in a span of five years and speed up its transition to green energy.
The move comes as the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, Europe’s top gas supplier, has prompted the EU to rethink its energy policies amid sharpened concerns of supply shocks.

“We are taking our ambition to yet another level to make sure that we become independent from Russian fossil fuels as quickly as possible,” EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said on Wednesday in Brussels when announcing the package, dubbed REPowerEU.
Moscow supplies 40 percent of the bloc’s gas and 27 percent of its imported oil, and EU countries are struggling to agree on sanctions against the latter.
The bloc’s dash to ditch Russian energy stems from a combination of voluntary and mandatory actions. Both reflect the political discomfort of helping fund Russia’s military campaign in a country that neighbours the EU and wants to join the bloc.
An EU ban on coal from Russia is due to start in August, and the bloc has pledged to try to reduce demand for Russian gas by two-thirds by year’s end. Meanwhile, a proposed EU oil embargo has hit a roadblock from Hungary and other landlocked countries that worry about the cost of switching to alternative sources.
The measures include a mix of EU laws, non-binding schemes, and recommendations to governments in the EU’s 27 member countries, who are largely in charge of their national energy policies.
Taken together, Brussels expects them to require 210 billion euros in extra investments by 2027 and 300 billion euros ($314bn) by 2030 on top of those already needed to meet the bloc’s 2030 climate target. Ultimately, it said the investments would slash Europe’s fossil fuel import bill.
“RePowerEU will help us to save more energy, to accelerate the phasing out of fossil fuels and, most importantly, to kick-start investments on a new scale,” von der Leyen said.
Those investments include 86 billion euros ($90bn) for renewable energy and 27 billion ($28bn) for hydrogen infrastructure, 29 billion euros ($30bn) for power grids and 56 billion euros ($59bn) for energy savings and heat pumps.
The Commission said some investments in fossil fuel infrastructure would be required – 10 billion euros ($10bn) for a dozen gas and liquefied natural gas projects, and up to two billion euros ($2.1bn) for oil, targeting land-locked Central and Eastern European countries that lack access to non-Russian supply.
Campaigners said those investments risked locking the EU into long-term reliance on CO2-emitting gas, worsening climate change and high energy prices. The Commission said new gas infrastructure should be able to switch to carry renewable hydrogen in future.
Brussels wants countries to finance the measures using the EU’s COVID-19 recovery fund, which contains more than 200 billion euros ($209bn) of unspent loans.
The Commission will also sell extra carbon market permits from a reserve over the next few years to raise 20 billion euros ($21bn). Some analysts warned that could dampen carbon prices, undermining the price signal to shift to low-carbon energy.
To spearhead the plans, the Commission proposed a higher legally-binding target to get 45 percent of EU energy from renewable sources by 2030, replacing its current 40 percent proposal.
That would see the EU more than double its renewable energy capacity to 1,236 gigawatts (GW) by 2030, and be aided by a law allowing simpler one-year permits for wind and solar projects. The EU also proposed phasing in obligations for countries to fit new buildings with solar panels.
Another target would cut EU energy consumption by 13 percent by 2030 against expected levels, replacing its current 9 percent proposal. The EU is negotiating laws to renovate buildings faster to use less energy, and said voluntary actions such as turning down thermostats could cut gas and oil demand by 5 percent.
The legally binding targets require approval from EU countries and legislators.
The EU plan includes a short-term dash for non-Russian gas supplies to replace the 155 billion cubic metres (4,061cu feet) Europe buys from Moscow each year. Europe’s gas demand is expected to drop 30 percent by 2030 to meet climate targets, but for now, countries rely on the fuel to heat homes, power industry and produce electricity.
The EU aims to have a memorandum of understanding with Egypt and Israel by mid-year on supplying LNG, and aims to boost supply from countries including Canada and Algeria. Brussels will also launch a scheme for countries to jointly buy gas to attempt to negotiate better contract terms."

We are all aware of the MegaChips IP licencing deal for AKIDA technology but some may not be aware that one of the areas where MegaChips positions itself is in making aging technology infrastructure in commercial buildings more efficient so that they can cope with the increasing demands for bandwidth and connectivity. I have mentioned this before but with AKIDA at the Edge in these buildings processing and only sending necessary meta data this ambition is achieved. The fact that "The EU is negotiating laws to renovate buildings faster to use less energy, and said voluntary actions such as turning down thermostats could cut gas and oil demand by 5 percent. " is a nice bonus that will force demand.

Additionally we should not forget that the former CEO Mr. Dinardo spoke about the work Brainchip was doing in China for the purpose of monitoring electricity use in cities to see the extent of energy savings that could be made by adding AKIDA intelligence across the systems.

So many opportunities and so many legal compulsions for AKIDA technology to be embraced around the world.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

Boab

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Boab

Not sure when these two Co's started talking to one another but Edge did a significant capital raise late last year. They were only formed in 2019.
View attachment 7013
ps
for those that are on Linkdin may want to follow some of the senior staff??

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Very good article worth a download and read. PDF is 26p and was too big to paste in a post or go to site for read.

Covers the industry and applications well imo, with various resource links and explains a lot of the intricacies and some of the tech jargon.

We get our mention towards bottom of article in the Edge and SNN categories.

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning– Explained​

steve blank
steve blank
2 days ago
Artificial Intelligence is a once-in-a lifetime commercial and defense game changer
(download a PDF of this article here)

Hundreds of billions in public and private capital is being invested in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning companies. The number of patents filed in 2021 is more than 30 times higher than in 2015 as companies and countries across the world have realized that AI and Machine Learning will be a major disruptor and potentially change the balance of military power.

Until recently, the hype exceeded reality. Today, however, advances in AI in several important areas (here, here, here, here and here) equal and even surpass human capabilities.

If you haven’t paid attention, now’s the time.

Artificial Intelligence and the Department of Defense (DoD)
The Department of Defense has thought that Artificial Intelligence is such a foundational set of technologies that they started a dedicated organization- the JAIC – to enable and implement artificial intelligence across the Department. They provide the infrastructure, tools, and technical expertise for DoD users to successfully build and deploy their AI-accelerated projects.

Some specific defense related AI applications are listed later in this document.

We’re in the Middle of a Revolution
Imagine it’s 1950, and you’re a visitor who traveled back in time from today. Your job is to explain the impact computers will have on business, defense and society to people who are using manual calculators and slide rules. You succeed in convincing one company and a government to adopt computers and learn to code much faster than their competitors /adversaries. And they figure out how they could digitally enable their business – supply chain, customer interactions, etc. Think about the competitive edge they’d have by today in business or as a nation. They’d steamroll everyone.

That’s where we are today with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. These technologies will transform businesses and government agencies. Today, 100s of billions of dollars in private capital have been invested in 1,000s of AI startups. The U.S. Department of Defense has created a dedicated organization to ensure its deployment

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
Not sure when these two Co's started talking to one another but Edge did a significant capital raise late last year. They were only formed in 2019.
View attachment 7013
According to Google Brainchip released the Edge Impulse Brainchip Podcast between Rob Telson and Zach Shelby to YouTube on 8 June, 2021.

I would personally expect that Brainchip and Edge Impulse would have been in contact for at least 3 months before this at least taking it back to March, 2021 at a minimum.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom