BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
I noticed Tata signed a contract with Airbus overnight to build helicopters.
This comment from the CEO of Airbus

We are delighted that we are embarking on this pioneering journey with our trusted partner the Tata Group, with whom Airbus already has a multi-faceted partnership

BrainChip is now officially partnered with both Airbus and Tata.
This forum has covered plenty of the work the TCS neuromorphic team has been doing on low orbit satellites.
Maybe the multi-faceted relationship extends to space !

Starting to feel a pulse again ...

Regarding the CR, wouldn't be surprised at all if existing institutional holders have approached BRN to take a larger stake .... The Vanguard Group makes perfect sense. Get in now, before the worm turns. Confirmation from a company like Airbus may have been the tipping point.
Top 5 stock holdings for Vanguard are MSFT, AAPL, NVDA, AMZN, META, and represent 18.47% of Vanguard Group's stock portfolio.
Morning Quiltman ,

Be thinking TATA know AIRBUS & BOEING rather well...plenty of raspberries have been transacted between the companys.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

MegaportX

Regular
Munich, 04 July 2024 – Germany’s armed forces, the Bundeswehr, has awarded Airbus the SATCOMBw 3 prime contract for the next generation secure military satellite system which includes geostationary satellites as well as ground segment. The spacecraft are due to be deployed before the end of the decade and the contract value amounts to €2.1 billion.
The new generation Airbus satellites are based on the Eurostar Neo platform and will weigh around 6 metric tons. They will have extensive capabilities to keep pace with the rapid changes in digitalisation and the constantly increasing volume of data transfer required. They will also feature the latest state of the art technologies.

A key element of the overall contract is an in-depth German value chain involving partners such as Bremen-based OHB and numerous smaller German companies. Central elements including the guidance and integration of the advanced payloads, the solar arrays and overall operation of the spacecraft will be from Germany.

The Bundeswehr's satellite communications system (SATCOMBw) is indispensable for autonomous and independently deployable communications and information services. It ensures the global command and information capability of the German armed forces, such as operational contingents and special forces. The SATCOMBw 3 project also aims to ensure that NATO's North Atlantic Treaty Organisation commitments in this area will continue to be met in the future. With SATCOMBw 3, the Bundeswehr is responding to increased user requirements.

:unsure:

MegaportX

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

7für7

Regular
Would be funny if they would make a second price sensitive announcement today issued until Friday! Just my innocent thoughts 😏

Reactions: 1 users

ndefries

Regular
I'm super confused by the halt. Capital raisings can be organised and released without a halt. There is also the 4c due out any moment and it could have just got released with that.

I hope it's good news. The last ones talked about using the money for sales activity and expertise enhancement in staff.

This is different. But the company isn't desperate for money so doing a raise at a greatly reduced price makes no sense.

Definitely hope something big but we haven't had that for a long time

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
We have our second founder retiring at the end of this year, the other has already stepped down from their main role........personally i don't believe either would even consider doing so if they weren't very comfortable with where things are at, i know i wouldn't, regardless of age.

Somebody has been supressing the share price daily, no one can deny that......but to what end?

The coming hours i feel will reveal something significant. We may even find out who's been responsible for the sp manipulation.

The whole thing reeks of big news imo, hopefully, the long term down trend is finally at an end. 🤞 GLTAH

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
I'm super confused by the halt. Capital raisings can be organised and released without a halt. There is also the 4c due out any moment and it could have just got released with that.

I hope it's good news. The last ones talked about using the money for sales activity and expertise enhancement in staff.

This is different. But the company isn't desperate for money so doing a raise at a greatly reduced price makes no sense.

Definitely hope something big but we haven't had that for a long time
"This is different. But the company isn't desperate for money so doing a raise at a greatly reduced price makes no sense"

Maybe a strategic raise for an institution, at a premium, given current cash situation?

50 to 100 million shares at 25 cents, for 12.5 to 25 million AUD?

Will give the Company a bit more of a backstop and enable the LDA arrangement to work more effectively, covering future requirements, until we are cash flow positive?..

That's "my" best guess, based on what others have put forward..

Like you've said, our back isn't against the wall, so I'll be pretty pissed, if it's at a discount, especially given the current A.I. World atmosphere.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

ndefries

Regular
"This is different. But the company isn't desperate for money so doing a raise at a greatly reduced price makes no sense"

Maybe a strategic raise for an institution, at a premium, given current cash situation?

Will give the Company a bit more of a backstop and enable the LDA arrangement to work more effectively, covering future requirements, until we are cash flow positive?..

Like you've said, our back isn't against the wall, so I'll be pretty pissed, if it's at a discount, especially given the current A.I. World atmosphere.
A strategic raise for a company or customer to take a relatively large stake would be ideal. Would show a lot of confidence for the future and a partnership.

Time will tell! definitely nervous

Reactions: 12 users

7für7

Regular

Could be also just a simple LDA thing… we all know that brainchips responsible for the ASX announcements is messing around a lot… so could be just one more time a wrong declaration… let’s see… everything just Spekulation

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Wouldn't this work better with TENN's? Rhetorical question.

Edge Impulse Enables Visual Anomaly Detection on any Edge Device​

By Chad Cox

PRODUCTION EDITOR
EMBEDDED COMPUTING DESIGN
July 22, 2024

NEWS

Edge Impulse Enables Visual Anomaly Detection on any Edge Device
Image Credit: Edge Impulse

San Jose, California. Edge Impulse announced an innovation enabling visual anomaly detection on any edge device, from NVIDIA GPUs to Arm MCUs, through the first model architecture of its kind, FOMO-AD (Faster Objects, More Objects - Anomaly Detection). To enhance the productivity of visual inspection systems, the scalable FOMO-AD can train models to identify and index anything outside set criteria as an anomaly in video and image data.​

“Virtually every industrial customer that wants to deploy computer vision really needs to know when something out of the ordinary happens,” said Jan Jongboom, co-founder and CTO at Edge Impulse. “Traditionally that’s been challenging with machine learning, as classification algorithms need examples of every potential fault state. FOMO-AD uniquely allows customers to build machine learning models by only providing ‘normal’ data.”

According to Edge Impulse, it is currently testing FOMO-AD with businesses and achieving successful results in industrial environments when proactively discovering abnormalities in various use cases.

Ideal Use Cases:​

• Industrial:
    • Production line inspection, quality control monitoring, defect detection
  • Silicon:
    • IC inspection, PCB defect detection, soldering inspection
  • Automotive:
    • Part assembly quality control, crack detection, leak detection, EV battery inspection, painting and surface defect detection
  • Medical:
    • Medical device inspection, pill inspection, vial contamination inspection, seal inspection

For more information, visit edgeimpulse.com and Edge Impulse’s documentation.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
SLM's and time series are right up our alley too!

Aizip was the company that was shown to be located at the same booth as us at the Embedded World 2023. Not sure what happened with this? I recall there was some confusion with this at the time as to whether this indicated some sort of potential partnership.

Aizip Teams Up with Renesas to Demonstrate First-of-Its-Kind Ultra-Efficient Small Language Models (SLMs) and AI Agents for On-Device Arm-based Applications

July 23, 2024 11:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time
CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aizip, in close collaboration with Renesas, announced today the demonstration of ultra-efficient small language models (SLMs) and compact AI agents on Arm-based micro-processor units (MPUs) for a wide range of applications in edge markets. This advancement paves the way for efficient and effective human-AI interactions in home appliances, enterprise kiosks, and many other edge devices.
“To address the rapid growth of AIoT applications, devices require higher performance and intelligence at the edge”
Post this
Large language models (LLMs) have revolutionized the AI landscape, endowing AI systems with logic and reasoning capabilities beyond simple sensing and perception. By leveraging LLMs and recent advancements in multi-modal representation, AI agents can now interact with their environments to utilize tools or perform tasks based on complex and often ambiguous human commands. However, these advanced AI systems typically require substantial effort to train and significant resources to deploy.
Considerable research has therefore been directed towards developing compact models for on-device edge applications. On-device models offer advantages that include enhanced privacy protection, resilient operation, and cost savings. While several companies have successfully reduced the size of language models for mobile phones, ensuring accurate tool calling for automation applications on low-cost edge devices remains a significant challenge for these SLMs.
Aizip’s mission is to enable pervasive intelligence by building ultra-efficient, robust, and scalable AI models that can be deployed anywhere, anytime. Aizip pushes the boundaries of efficient AI, uncovering key insights such as data-centric efficiency and AI-design automation. Leveraging its expertise in developing efficient and robust edge models, Aizip has now created a series of ultra-efficient small language models (SLMs) and AI agents, named Gizmo, ranging in size from 300 million to 2 billion parameters. These models support diverse platforms, including MPUs and application processors for a broad range of applications.
Recently, Aizip teamed up with Renesas and Arm to demonstrate the most compact and efficient AI agents to date on MPUs. These remarkably small and efficient models have been deployed on Renesas RZ/G2L and RZ/G3S boards. Built on Arm® Cortex®-A55, the Renesas MPUs are now available for commercial use. Despite their compactness, these SLMs and SLM-based AI agents achieve robustness and accuracy comparable with cloud-based large models for domain-specific applications. Utilizing an AI design automation pipeline, these SLMs and SLM-based AI agents can be rapidly generated for new applications.
“We’re witnessing a pivotal moment in efficient AI where on-device AI agents can truly make everything think,” described Weier Wan, a founding member of Aizip and head of Aizip’s SLM and AI-agent development. According to Weier, on the RZ/G2L with a single A55 core running at 1.2 GHz, they can achieve a response time of less than 3 seconds. “With Renesas’s readily available IC, we can offer the AI SLM and agents right now. Renesas devices are known for their high quality and mature development environment, and we’re excited to team up with them in offering this breakthrough solution.”
Renesas, a global leader in MPUs and MCUs, has been aggressively pushing the envelope in the edge and endpoint markets. “We see AI moving rapidly in our direction, and we are ready for it,” said Kaushal Vora, Sr. Director of Business Acceleration and Ecosystem of Renesas. “We are particularly excited about Aizip implementing an on-device agent on our MPU. We can envision, for example, RealityCheck HVAC could predict a potential issue with a component in a heat pump; the AI agent acts on this real-time operational information, looking up the appropriate OEM part and scheduling a service call with the technician for replacement. Aizip has been an excellent strategic partner, and we have achieved multiple milestones together,” Vora further commented.
“To address the rapid growth of AIoT applications, devices require higher performance and intelligence at the edge,” said Lionel Belnet, Senior Director HW Product Management, IoT Line of Business at Arm. “Arm is the platform of choice for AI solutions from cloud to edge, and running Aizip’s new SLMs and AI Agents on Arm-based technologies will provide the performance and efficiency needed to scale the edge AI opportunity even further.”
“Efficiency is critical for AI systems,” explained Yubei Chen, co-founder of Aizip and assistant professor at UC Davis. “Natural intelligence demonstrates remarkable efficiency. From a scientific perspective, there’s immense potential for AI to improve, and efficiency is the key to achieving human-level intelligence.” The Aizip Intelligent Language (AIL) model series, including AI agents, is an extension of Aizip’s efforts to bring efficiency and sustainability to real-world applications. “Aizip is excited to be a part of the Arm ecosystem, utilizing industry-leading design solutions to deliver new AI use cases worldwide.”
The partnership between Aizip and Renesas has led to successful tinyML models in audio, vision, and time-series. Now, they are collaborating in the rapidly growing market of SLMs and agents for on-device applications. This reflects the commitment of these companies to providing low-cost, high-performance solutions that benefit society at large. For additional information, please contact info@aizip.ai.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Frangipani

Regular
Last night (my time), when trying to catch up on last week’s postings, I wrote down my thoughts about the “sold-out” VVDN Edge AI Boxes, but was too tired to read over it again and post it before going to bed. Since the overnight trading halt has not altered my conjecture, though, here we go:

You can “Enquire” but not “Buy” an Edge Box.
👍👌💡

I agree with @itsol4605 that this is not a good look for a company supposed to be manufacturing a disruptive product that was announced ten (!) months ago.

Are VVDN possibly pursuing a manufacture on-demand strategy rather than stocking inventory in a warehouse? What I also find odd is that they don’t even list a unit price on their website, not to mention any rebates for purchasing those envisaged much larger orders.

(By the way, those of you imagining a stifling-the-competition conspiracy here, suggesting VVDN might deliberately give the NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX Edge AI Box an advantage over the Akida one, take note that the relevant VVDN NVIDIA Edge AI Box webpage is equally hard to find, doesn’t list a unit price either and features the same “ENQUIRE NOW” button instead of one saying “BUY NOW”).

On February 20, interested customers were finally able to place first orders for up to 10 Edge AI Boxes through the BrainChip website. This in itself was already a twice-shifted timeline, as the original September 2023 announcement had promised the pre-sale (through BrainChip directly) to commence by December 2023 at the latest, while a second press release dated December 14, 2023 all of a sudden postponed the “expected” beginning of the pre-sale to January 15, three days after the end of CES 2024, the Las Vegas trade show where “the industry’s first Edge Box based on neuromorphic technology” was supposed to be demonstrated for the first time. While I personally didn’t attend CES 2024 and thus cannot vouch for the physical device’s absence from the BrainChip booth, I merely recall Nandan Nayampally’s CES podcast with Kalpesh Chauhan from VVDN, but no photos or videos of the demo that was to have taken place.

A2050AC1-53A8-44AC-B99A-8E5DC267775B.jpeg

(…)

9A720D01-CFC6-4E9E-8879-59150974F0A2.jpeg

CC39DE24-81CE-4A39-B339-AF2B2906CCAB.jpeg

(…)

81FDD4A7-07CF-4820-85E9-E0D6F0AC2BC9.jpeg

1F79BE25-758D-4ED0-8162-F95760ED98A6.jpeg

There are still a lot of people waiting for the Akida Edge AI Box that they ordered and paid for months ago to be delivered

While I can’t say whether or not this issue really concerns “a lot of people”, I am indeed aware of a case of someone who claims he had ordered (and fully paid) the Edge AI Box through the BrainChip website months ago. Yet, our company’s communication regarding the delivery date has allegedly been extremely poor - for many weeks, there seems to have been no information regarding the shipment date at all, and since early May, the only update provided to the buyer has apparently been that the expected timeframe for the delivery will be the early 3rd quarter 2024 (which should be any day now) and that a follow-up email would be sent once the shipping date was getting closer: it concerns the poster on HC who goes by the username mapp and who strikes me as far from being a downramper. True, mapp is an anonymous poster like all of us, so it is difficult to verify his claim, but from the posts I’ve read, I don’t see a reason to doubt the accuracy of that claim.

I took the trouble to sift through mapp’s posts on HC (there are far more irrelevant posts in heated political threads than relevant ones to BRN if you click on the username) and selected about half of them to give you sort of a timeline

• from order placement and full payment in late February
  • to the first email thereafter dated May 8 (two and a half months later!) with the estimated delivery timeframe early 3rd Q/2024 (even though our company had announced by mid-February they were going to communicate specific shipment dates by April 30)

95C8BAB1-9AD5-4B46-82DF-F5819118D5A6.jpeg

• to no update, yet, as of early July, regarding the exact delivery date.
And I am pretty sure mapp would by now have shared any further progress, if there had been any.

E4601603-24E3-42B1-9D48-282D00A0BDD9.jpeg

5D774FFF-4E27-40C2-A33F-02AC0C293C5C.jpeg

FAB0EF91-E146-4EF0-AE2C-3AFC03166770.jpeg

089DBEAA-F819-4ABA-833E-52B2A8BF6B9A.jpeg

Again, not a good look, neither for VVDN nor our company.

I had also been wondering why there was no Edge AI Box anywhere to be seen in BrainChip’s social media posts about the 2024 embedded world in April, despite NVISO and VVDN being listed as demo partnerships on https://brainchip.com/embeddedworld.

If I am not mistaken, the first time we actually got to see a physical Akida Edge AI Box was at the AGM? Three days later, I spotted (the same or another?) one in the photos featuring our 2024 Embedded Vision Summit booth, and a video of Todd Vierra demoing one of its many use cases at said conference was uploaded two weeks later. By that time, I would have expected them to have at least one shelf of ready-to-be shipped units.

So you mean you don’t know it by your self but tell us lies? Interesting
If you can not buy, you can not wait for a product to be delivered. 🤷🏻‍♂️

For a short while, it was possible to pre-order a single unit or up to 10 Edge AI Boxes through BrainChip directly, before the item was marked as “sold out” on https://shop.brainchipinc.com/products.

While it is perfectly legitimate to call itsol4605’s statement an unsubstantiated claim and ask him/her for some evidence to back it up, accusing him/her of “telling lies” would imply that itsol4605 is making this up despite knowing it is not true and is thus intentionally trying to deceive us.

So can you, @7für7, at least provide any counter-evidence? Do you happen to know anyone who pre-ordered an Akida Edge AI Box and has already received theirs and could hence post a photo of the invoice (blackening out personal details) on top of their Edge AI Box as proof?

Or have you enquired with BrainChip directly whether or not any of the pre-ordered Edge AI Boxes have been shipped to customers, yet, before you accuse another poster of being a liar?

To me, the circumstantial evidence (if I may call it that) all points to the VVDN Akida Edge AI Boxes simply not being ready for shipping, yet - whatever the underlying issue is and whoever is to blame. I would advise those of you envisaging substantial revenue from the initial sale of these Edge AI Boxes in the upcoming 4C to massively lower their expectations: IMO, the “sold out” resp “enquire now” does not seem to be a case of too high a demand and waiting for a second batch to be manufactured, or else customers who had ordered their Edge AI Box by late February should have long received it by now (provided mapp’s story is true).

If I were a customer who had paid US$ 800 up front for a product almost five months ago and still hadn’t received my order by now, I would at least expect transparent communication on behalf of the company in case of financial disagreements with VVDN, production delays or other logistics failures. Such things happen and it may not be the fault of anyone in particular - it could even be due to reasons beyond either company’s control, such as a sea freight container going overboard - but setbacks like that should be dealt with in a more professional manner rather than charging customers up front and then keep them waiting and waiting for months, overtaxing their patience. Although those buying only a single or a few units are considered small fry in the grand scheme of things by our company, they should still be treated with the same respect as the big fish our IP business model is chasing.

Informing those pre-order customers on the shop website these days that “BrainChip Sales will provide delivery dates once orders are processed” is something I perceive as a slap in the face of those who put trust in the company by placing their orders right away once the pre-sale had opened instead of waiting for favourable reviews or benchmarking reports before making a decision.

How many more months do they supposedly need for processing those orders?? It all reeks of some unforeseen problems, if you ask me, and the sales department should at least have the decency to admit to this rather than continue to shift the timelines without explanation.

I’d be more than happy to be proven wrong, though.

• Love
Top Bottom