BRN Discussion Ongoing

@Frangipani and I have posted about Nimble AI before. I've noticed that their recent content no longer mention Brainchip and the AKIDA 1500. It appears we've been overshadowed by IMEC, a multi-billion-dollar company and research partner on the Nimble project. IMEC is heavily involved in nearly every EU-sponsored neuromorphic project and has been developing their own SNN for several years. What is news is that In Q1 2025, IMEC plans to do a foundry run of their SNN based neuromorphic processor called SENeCA (Scalable Energy-efficient Neuromorphic Computer Architecture).

View attachment 66880

View attachment 66881

Some details on SENeCA are in the below paper (few years old now).

Are they developing the hardware/processor, though the IP may not be in-house? Hard to tell from the info online around SENeCA. Other aspects that make me wonder about the use of Akida as the IP include reference to digital IP, RISC-V based architecture and designed for GF22nm.

I thought this was worth mentioning as IMEC could be a customer or a potential rival. If they're doing a foundry run Q1 2025 and we're involved, would expect some kind of IP license or arrangement prior. Would line up with Seans comments around deals before end of 2024.
I reached out directly to the project director for Nimble AI and asked has SENeCA replaced the use of Akida 1500, reply below:

1721721134782.png

Reading between the lines, it seems they have been forced to sub out Akida for IMEC’s SENeCA (which does not include our IP) due to their partnership. This means there is another confirmed competitor for SNN processors, with a chip planned for tape-out in January 2025. We need to pick up the pace. What happened to the patent fortress?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Xray1

Regular
Trust me @Smoothsailing, I do NOT want to get shafted either!

At this point in time I'm just trying to remain positive. At least we won't have to wait too long to find out what the deal is.
IMO .... we just might see a positive 4C revenue situation eventuate this time round ..... because how else could the Co negotiate CR terms and conditions without taking into consideration the post 4C potential S/price and due diligence into consideration.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

7für7

Regular
IMO .... we just might see a positive 4C revenue situation eventuate this time round ..... because how else could the Co negotiate CR terms and conditions without taking into consideration the post 4C potential S/price and due diligence into consideration.
I don’t know man… it’s really risky to spread out too negative and also too positive ideas regarding the CR… we don’t know… a positiv 4c? Based on what? Just wait and see… otherwise some people take that comment serious and get disappointed if it’s not the case IMO

Reactions: 2 users

manny100

Regular
Ann 27/3/24.
" As of the date of the capital call notice, available funding under the agreement amounts to $50.2M and the company is committed to drawing down a minimum of $12M no later than 31 December 2024, of which $1.1M has been drawn."
My bold above.
Why would BRN have not drawn on LDA if it requires working capital.
Still we will not know for sure until the Ann is released.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Exactly! Who remembers in the past during the days leading to the release of the 4C, th SP would get pumped, and then drop on no news. That hasn't happened this time :)

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
There's always the Blues..

Give us "your" best @Diogenese

• Fire
  • Thinking
Ann 27/3/24.
" As of the date of the capital call notice, available funding under the agreement amounts to $50.2M and the company is committed to drawing down a minimum of $12M no later than 31 December 2024, of which $1.1M has been drawn."
My bold above.
Why would BRN have not drawn on LDA if it requires working capital.
Still we will not know for sure until the Ann is released.
I haven't tried to dig into it but is there a SP floor at all that doesn't allow a LDA drawdown below it?

It has been listed as a cap raise not a placement. Not to say they haven't just used diff wording but quite often if it's a direct specific placement or cornerstone, companies usually are happy to outline that in a halt at least.

Then again...BRN often do march to their own beat.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

MegaportX

Regular
The thing which has been a deviation from the run-of-the-mill progress of the company recently has been the edge box/server.

I guess that a few EAPs would have obtained Edge Boxes to see the full potential of Akida.

VVDN are supposed to be handling large orders.

https://www.vvdntech.com/vision/akida-edge-ai-box

Then there is the Unigen Edge Server:
https://www.vvdntech.com/vision/akida-edge-ai-box

So, if BRN has undertaken to supply Akida chips to these companies and demand is through the roof and we've emptied our warehouse, we may need to produce some more chips.

Damn, this is strong tobacco!
Think your close to the mark Sir. We shall see soon enough.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't tried to dig into it but is there a SP floor at all that doesn't allow a LDA drawdown below it?

It has been listed as a cap raise not a placement. Not to say they haven't just used diff wording but quite often if it's a direct specific placement or cornerstone, companies usually are happy to outline that in a halt at least.

"I haven't tried to dig into it but is there a SP floor at all that doesn't allow a LDA drawdown below it?"

There is in my books! 😛

There's still the fact, of at least 15 to 16 million USD remaining in the coffers (assuming last LDA call was completed, below initial price limits).

So why the need for a CR, at an unopportune time, when there are more than 2 quarters funding remaining?..

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

manny100

Regular

It could be institutional investors and a SPP. We will know soon.

Earlyrelease

Regular
  • Fire
Exactly! Who remembers in the past during the days leading to the release of the 4C, th SP would get pumped, and then drop on no news. That hasn't happened this time :)
Don’t think the sp was pumped before the last quarterly either

cosors

👀
"chip run" - thought you were talking golf there for a minute.
I know nothing about golf, but I have a lot of imagination. I hope the board just holes the thing.

• Love
Never know...maybe GFT want a chunk :LOL:

BrainChip Talks State of AI With GFT Ventures Co-Founder Jeff Herbst on Latest ‘This is Our Mission’ Podcast

Laguna Hills, Calif. – March 13, 2023
BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, invites you to a conversation with Jeff Herbst, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of GFT Ventures, on their latest “This is our Mission” podcast. He joins BrainChip CEO Sean Hehir to discuss the state of AI and the AI ecosystem at large. The podcast will be available March 14 at 3 p.m. PDT on BrainChip’s website and across popular podcast platforms.

GFT Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on early-stage startups developing disruptive, frontier technologies to solve the world’s hardest problems. Among the areas of interest that GFT Ventures focus on are AI/data science, autonomous/robotics, blockchain and digital healthcare. Prior to launching GFT, Herbst served 20 years as NVIDIA’s vice president of business development, where he built an ecosystem of accelerated computing applications spanning the domains of AI, data science, autonomous machines, and graphics and visualization.

“Jeff’s experience as a long-term executive at NVIDIA, and as the Co-founding, managing partner of a VC fund focused on AI and data science, gives him a unique viewpoint into the industry in a way few others can,” said Hehir. “I enjoyed the conversation, and his perspectives on where AI is today as well as his predictions on where it is headed tomorrow. This reinforces BrainChip’s position within the AI ecosystem at large.”

The “This is Our Mission” podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-podcasts.

• Fire

Tothemoon24

Top 20

nubia Z60 Ultra Leading Version: The Apex of AI Flagship Innovation

Powered by Qualcomm's latest flagship processor, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Leading Version, the nubia Z60 Ultra Leading Version delivers exceptional performance with significant upgrades. With an AI engine's total computing power of up to 73 TOPS and the ability to run large models with up to 10 billion parameters on the device, the large memory combination ensures fast data transmission and provides ample space for unleashing the full potential of AI. The upgraded performance engine and comprehensive AI enhancements create a system that guarantees swift, robust performance and seamless system operation. The 6000mAh silicon-carbon anode battery, complemented by upgraded AI 'Zero' power consumption 2.0 technology, provides extended battery life. Additionally, the device features IP68-level dust and waterproof certification, enabling reliable operation in various harsh environments. The nubia-exclusive Custom Sliding Shortcut design enhances comfort and usability, offering an intuitive and ergonomic operation experience.

• Fire
Chinas latest Robot

Top Bottom