BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Come

Indeed. Son tried to buy Gaphcore which I think went belly up.
Maybe check out their do-or-die predicament here

Graphcore was signed up by Microsoft, of all people, for a chip that they wanted. but then they pulled out.
I just don't see that Akida and these other chips are targeyting the same problems. They are looking to do LLMs, we are looking to make sensors smarter.
Akida's potential in not limited to sensors. As you know there is the Edge box, but that is not the limit. Akida has the potential to be applied in the cloud. It's just that it can do so much at the edge. and the number of edge devices will outnumber the number of cloud devices.

BRN are working on "small" LLMs for edge applications, as are several other players.

PvdM's ambition was AGI.

• Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hey! Hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

While I agree with your statement that most people would prefer to sell everything to buy back in at a lower price, reality is different and we need to carefully assess the risk-reward ratio... or at least try to. Since none of us have a crystal ball, I believe one has acted wisely by cashing out and realizing profits during the Mercedes hype (if they could). Letting the rest run and consistently buying back depending on the situation and/or realizing profits again. This way, one can lower their average purchase price to the current level without risking missing out on the opportunity, as we never know when a significant event might occur.

Just my opinion, not investment advice.
Agreed its an opinion. If all did do that and took profit the SP whould have never reached that height either cause the sellers would have weighed down. The buyers and the price would not push up lol so in reality it is what it is.

I would love to see a sustained value price like many. I guess we just need some $$ to push this and prive to the market BRN can be commercial and successful and in my opinion if this did happen then well the SP will reflect the value. Until then we can only follow the progress that is dug up ans found in media.

Reactions: 6 users

hotty4040

Regular
I think you might be missing the point I was trying to make. Masayoshi Son said that it's his "great dream to realize artificial superintelligence.” And he also said that in the future artificial superintelligence models "will work together like neurons in the brain".

Unless I'm mistaken the only technological approach in existence which aims to mimic the biological processes of the human brain is called NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING.

BrainChip = NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING.

Not sure how realistic it would be to assume that Masayoshi Son knows diddly-squat about BrainChip or neuromorphic computing when he has all of his AI egg-hopes foisted to the success of Arm (our partner), with whom our neuromorphic technology is not only compatible but complementary; to the degree that it makes Arm's products actually perform BETTER.

But, this is just my opinion and I could very well be barking up the wrong tree.

Bravo, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being "speculative" at this "JUNCTURE" ...... IMHO...... NB - Opinion or not.

Akida Ballista >>>>> Speculative Juncture !!!! <<<<< ?

Hotty...

Reactions: 4 users

FJ-215

Regular

SoftBank CEO Vows Aggressive AI Push—Calls Past Investments Mere ‘Warm Up’​

Robert Hart is a London-based Forbes senior reporter.
Follow

Jun 21, 2024,07:48am EDT

SoftBank founder and CEO Masayoshi Son on Friday told shareholders he and the company are on a mission to usher in an age of artificial superintelligence, dismissing the firm’s past investments as a mere “warm up” and hinting the firm is ready to go on the offensive with ambitious bets and capitalize on the AI boom.

SoftBank World 2023

SoftBank Group CEO Masayoshi Son wants to bring about superintelligent AI that is 10,000 times ... [+]
GETTY IMAGES

KEY FACTS​

Son outlined his ambitious goal to bring about artificial superintelligence, a hypothetical form of AI whose cognitive abilities vastly exceed human abilities, at SoftBank’s annual general meeting.

Son boldly dismissed SoftBank’s past investments — which include some of the most successful tech bets in history on firms including Chinese internet behemoth Alibaba and British chipmaker Arm Holdings — as a mere “warm up for my great dream to realize artificial superintelligence.”

The SoftBank founder did not give details on how he plans to realize his mission but did identify numerous opportunities in sectors such as AI robots, autonomous driving and data centers and said he would pursue deals that would support Arm and keep SoftBank relevant in the looming AI age.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR​

Son’s bold pronouncements on AI are some of the tech investor’s grandest and most animated claims in years, signaling a major shift in SoftBank’s strategy. The company adopted a more cautious posture and shifted to a self-proclaimed “defense mode” after a series of disappointing losses in its flagship Vision Fund years ago and though SoftBank shifted back to “offense mode” last year to capitalize on the AI boom, its commitments have remained relatively small considering the boom in the sector and its profile. The firm already holds a lucrative stake in AI chipmaker Arm and in May led $1 billion in funding for British self-driving group Wayve, Europe’s largest AI deal to date.

CRUCIAL QUOTE​

“This is what I was born to do, to realize ASI,” Son said, stressing his AI vision is now the investment group's central priority moving forward. “Watch me, I will make it happen.”

FORBES VALUATION​

Son has a net worth of approximately $32.5 billion. His wealth, largely derived from his stake in tech investment venture SoftBank, makes him Japan’s second-richest person, trailing apparel billionaire Tadashi Yanai.

Something like this......

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I think it's our last best hope.

To pray that someone already successfully competing with us will white-knight rescue us just won't work.

If on the other hand a company is manufacturing 2million electric motors per month and wants to leapfrog their competition by using Akida, then that is where we should be focused.

Akida should be the clipsal fuse for anything that needs to detect an anomoly and shut off or give an error.

The insecurities and desperation is literally coming out of our screens.

When the bar was already lower that could possibly be imagined, it just keeps going lower. I hope you are ok and you are not counting your money more than 10 times a day.

It's ok to get help.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
I think if I’d knew now what I knew back when I originally invested in BRN with regards the time it took to get to market I’d probably not invested in the company. So in a way I’m glad I knew nothing like a lot of share holders here.

"I think if I’d knew now what I knew back when I originally invested in BRN with regards the time it took to get to market I’d probably not invested in the company. So in a way I’m glad I knew nothing like a lot of share holders here"

That's a great way of looking at things Pom.

Look at the share price now.

22 cents.

Look at where the Company is, in terms of technological progress and partner ecosystem.

Like Sean said, in the AGM statement "We are on the cusp of generating sustainable revenue streams".

But how many new investors, looking at BrainChip for the first time, with the share price history and commercial progress, would think "Yeah this is a Company, that I want to go all in on!"

And yet there is no better time, for that mindset, than right now!

We land just 1 of these big IP deals, with a major Global technological Company and BRN, will be valued at multiples of the current share price.

It will be a "breakout" and new valuation of the Company, by the Market.

I know, if I found out about BrainChip today, even if I had the capital to invest and buy my current holding, I wouldn't be putting that much money, into one company.

Does it do my head in, that if I had the benefit of just a bit of hindsight, that I could easily have 10 times my current holding?..

Yeah...

But it is what it is and if BrainChip, is successful, I'll still be more comfortable, than I could imagine.

Right now, it just feels like that's a dream.

Success is never guaranteed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

CHIPS

Regular
This is interesting on the tata website.

Highlights Akida in healthcare and life Science. If you read further on talks about some wins. To me this is a very solid lead for something to eventuate.

Reads like a promise to me (y). (Note to me: Buy more BRN stocks tomorrow)

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Kachoo

Regular
Reads like a promise to me (y). (Note to me: Buy more BRN stocks tomorrow)
No promises in life but death and taxes Chips lol. But

Does sound positive !

CHIPS

Regular
No promises in life but death and taxes Chips lol. But

Does sound positive !

Oh, if your wife promises to kick you out of the house if you lose all the money betting on BrainChip you better take her seriously!

ann richards don't talk GIF by Alamo Drafthouse
Trouble Oops GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular
The insecurities and desperation is literally coming out of our screens.

When the bar was already lower that could possibly be imagined, it just keeps going lower. I hope you are ok and you are not counting your money more than 10 times a day.

It's ok to get help.

View attachment 65345
Wilzy123, you are the anomoly of anomolies. You are the prosthetic brain that understands itself without doubt!

• Haha

GazDix

Regular
http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Ftia-img%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fw_100%2Cc_scale%2Cf_webp%2Fv1704430003%2Fusers%2Fwmebfhqctsyw5x0qddnd.webp
Lokesh Choudhary · 2d ago · 2 min read

SoftBank’s Masayoshi Son set for ‘next big move’: report​

1718882033_79565dc59c3b9ff0cf69e2f01ba26766_v1718882032_xlarge.webp

Photo credit: Shutterstock

SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son appears to be ready for his next big moves, Bloomberg reported, signaling a potential rebound for the firm following recent setbacks.

“We need to look for our next big move, without fear of whether it’ll be a hit or miss,” Son reportedly told SoftBank shareholders at an annual meeting. “SoftBank Group’s dynamism arises from looking for new seeds of evolution, especially abroad.”

SoftBank has made AI a bigger focus of late. Son said that the company is aiming to boost its renewable energy ventures to power its AI initiatives, especially in the US.

Previously, it was reportedly exploring the acquisition of British semiconductor startup Graphcore Ltd, while considering raising US$100 billion for an AI chip venture that could rival US-based Nvidia.

Despite a recent string of unsuccessful startup investments, SoftBank appears to be on the path to recovery. The firm had a profitable second quarter, and as of March, it held US$39.2 billion in cash reserves.

A big part of its plans is SoftBank-owned chip designer Arm Holdings, which recorded US$2.1 billion in net sales for the nine months ending December 2023. The UK-based firm is expected to launch its first AI chips in 2025.

Earlier this year, SoftBank was reportedly eyeing [US$150 million worth of investments](https://www.techinasia.com/softbank-eyes-on-indias-ai-goldmine) in Indian data centers and industrial robotics as part of its wider bet on AI-related infrastructure.
Masa Son has a proven track record of throwing money at start-ups and seeing how he goes.
He will invest in a company just by his 'feeling' like he did with Jack Ma and Alibaba in its early days, his investment that made him and Softbank where they are today.
Brainchip have to probably be proactive with him, and if he is impressed, a capital raise would never be required I imagine.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There would be an NDA and it is possible that Meta insisted on secrecy about the collaboration.

I did not assume Meta was an EAP. I thought there was a reasonable inference to be made based on the available evidence.

If you didn’t assume Meta was an EAP, how did you think Meta engineers would have found out about the intricacies of TENNs around the same time EAP customers did? Customers that had explicitly paid for the privilege to get early access? That doesn’t make sense to me.

By the way, although Akida Gen 2 had been announced in March 2023 and the white paper on TENNs had been published in June, it appears that even for EAP customers, actual availability of the second generation of the Akida IP solution (which included TENNs) didn’t eventuate until October 2023, which happens to coincide with when Chris Jones had just started his new job at BrainChip.

a00bfc47-4469-4924-bb76-24c757bed5b5-jpeg.65351

I have trouble understanding your 6 week window. It seems to be unsupported conjecture (…)

Your contention is that this means "on an almost daily basis (in the last 6 weeks) of my time at Meta, I would see new NNs."

No, that is not what I meant. He obviously would have seen new NNs on an almost daily basis throughout his eleven months at Meta, not only in his last six weeks.

But if he had become “pretty excited” about TENNs while still working for Meta, would he even have bothered to spend his time on getting to know other neural networks or would he rather have focused all his energy and time on familiarising himself with TENNs and liasing with the software engineers at BrainChip?

If he had become “pretty excited” about TENNs sometime in 2023 already, would he really have said in late May 2024:

“So, about a year ago, uh, I was at Meta, I was in their AI Infrastructure Group, and on an almost daily basis I would see new neural network architectures.”

To me, it would only make sense if he had found out about TENNs roughly a year ago or later, and that brings me back to my six-week window: We can basically exclude he would have learnt about TENNs at his former workplace while already on gardening leave from Meta, agreed? So no later than mid-April then. And I doubt he would have referred to January or February 2023 as “about a year ago”.

But @Iseki does have a good point here: Why would Meta have laid off one of their software engineers who by then would have already acquired in-depth knowledge of a disruptive and top-secret neural network that was going to give them a head start over competitors? There weren’t exactly dozens of global ML/AI experts around who were familiar with TENNs at the time.

Oh, and in case anyone pictured Chris Jones developing novel algorithms in Meta’s VR headset and smartglasses division or similar, that’s not what he actually did at Meta:

ACEFF8B4-6B5E-434A-BE3A-5D9FE4666225.jpeg

Another thing to ponder: If Meta was indeed behind an NDA, wouldn’t the reveal by Chris Jones that he had learned about TENNs while at Meta constitute a breach of confidentiality? Correct me if I am wrong, but ex-employees cannot share trade secrets and confidential information without risking serious legal trouble, and Chris Jones could now be be taken to court for disclosing an NDA between Meta and BrainChip that the rest of the world wasn’t supposed to find out about…

Does that sound like someone on gardening leave, or someone with the weary or arrogant disdain of the "not-invented-here" attitude nurtured in a mega-corporation.

Chris jones was introduced to Brainchip, and they told him about TeNNs. So was the Akida marketing group going around talking to random gardeners in the off-chance they wished to lay out a lazy $5M for a licence?

No, of course not - what an absurd suggestion. Why did you have to turn this into ridicule?

As stated in my previous post, I’d venture a guess that he was introduced to BrainChip while job-hunting, so it was more likely him approaching BrainChip, not the other way round. If BrainChip staff had come to Menlo Park (Meta HQs) or Los Angeles (where CJ was based at the time) to instruct a group of Meta ML/AI engineers on TENNs (provided they were an EAP customer at the time, that is), why would Chris Jones say “they told me about TENNs” instead of “they told us about TENNs” - in the context of a job interview after June 9, 2023 (publication of the TENNs white paper) the use of the singular makes total sense, though.

So this is what I imagine happened: Either somebody in his professional or private network or a recruiter recommended BrainChip to him (a lot of people reached out to him in the comments after he had posted about having been laid off), and although he was sceptical at first (with exactly the mindset you are describing), he did give it a try, either out of curiosity (as someone he trusted had warmly recommended them to him) or because he hadn’t yet been successful in securing another job he deemed suitable. I presume that after having worked for Meta, he would have initially considered any remote or on-site positions other than with another Silicon Valley tech giant a painful career decline.

When you look at his mid-2023 LinkedIn posts/comments/reactions, quite a few of them revolve around tedious and nerve-racking experiences with Workday (a platform that allows companies to streamline their recruiting processes), and he also lists several certifications of online courses that he completed during those months post layoff and prior to starting at BrainChip. Does that sound like someone who was excited to have been “outplaced” from Meta to a disruptive technology company they had an NDA with and hence did not have to worry at all about who would be signing his paychecks from August 2023 onwards, or does it rather sound like someone on gardening leave forced to look for a new job, after losing the one he had been so proud of securing less than a year earlier?

61A28269-033F-4D41-87CE-4479792F4847.jpeg

E4C3AF95-0122-4173-A2D5-14E16A3F5C69.jpeg

9D1FDFB0-32CE-459E-852A-E1E2AD9E3956.jpeg

B8C99791-60CA-4DDC-A6F9-06C6C516D0C6.jpeg

It's about Attention and LSTM. You need to take the whole context into consideration.
I did, but I see a different context: He referred to his time at Meta during his introductory words on TENNs after he had given a brief overview of BrainChip for those unfamiliar with the company.

I believe that when Chris Jones gave his presentation at the 2024 Embedded Vision Summit, he wanted to convey to his audience that he had seen something truly extraordinary in TENNs. And what better way than to emphasise this uniqueness by casually mentioning that he used to work for Meta and had encountered new neural networks there on a regular basis, hence evoking credibility with his audience. Understandably, he did not mention the mass layoff at Meta that had subsequently affected him, even though an unfortunate job loss is of course nothing to be ashamed of.

After having been introduced to BrainChip at a later stage in the context of a job interview, our company surprised him positively, contrary to what he had expected, and the message he wanted to convey to his listeners was: Don’t underestimate us (like I did initially, coming from a mega-corporation) just because we are a small team and not a household name. We can easily compete with the big guys, as we have something unique to offer.

The more we discuss this, the more I am inclined towards the possibility of Meta being an EAP.

Funny you should say that, as the more we discuss this, I am more and more convinced of the opposite. I could be wrong of course, but so could you.

Yeah, but apart from Ford (which was never actually announced as an EAP, but safe to assume) which was not a good situation for the Company to have been put in and a major reason, why the Company now keeps its lips tightly zipped, the EAPs announced, have either been obscure, or relative small fry.

NASA is a huge name, but not really a business.

The Ford announcement in May 2020 preceded that of the introduction of the Early Access Program in June 2020, but yes, technically speaking, I’d consider Ford an EAP customer as well.

Mercedes can also be safely assumed, but not announced as an EAP (or I'm sure you would have dug it up).
Correct, there was never any ASX announcement about MB joining the EAP. However, Sean Hehir himself referred to them as an EAP customer on a slide in a September 2023 online investor presentation - as a Marquee EAP customer, to be precise, alongside Valeo, Vorago and NASA:

(from 27:33 min)

24E9ACDE-73F8-4CCC-85BA-960ABD6947E6.jpeg

"Not all of BrainChip’s EAP customers have been disclosed to date"

Your statement infers, that most have, which would indicate you think we only have a handful..
I really don't think and hope that's not the case..

Well, if we are to believe Chris Jones - and unless this is yet another typo on his presentation slide - BrainChip currently has 10 customers (EAP, proof of concept and IP license) that have either licensed Akida IP (Renesas, Megachips) or once paid an undisclosed sum of money for the privilege of getting early access to our technology:

CE8E6BC6-7B0E-4651-9E21-1585F51F7275.jpeg

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that customer list should therefore read:
  1. Renesas
  2. Megachips
  3. Ford
  4. Mercedes
  5. Vorago
  6. NASA
  7. Valeo
  8. ISL
  9. ???
  10. ???
Which leaves us with only two mystery customers that fall into the category of either being an EAP customer or have used Akida technology to develop a proof of concept, as we would have found out about any additional IP licensees via price-sensitive ASX announcements.

Mercedes-Benz seems to match two categories at once, namely EAP customer AND “proof of concept” (EQXX) - I am a little confused as to why that distinction is being made, though.

It goes without saying those 10 customers are not indicative of the number of present engagements, NDAs and partnerships we have.

But Chris Jones learning details about TENNs before being laid-off at Meta could realistically only have happened if Meta was one of the two undisclosed EAP customers during Northern Hemisphere winter 2022/23 or early spring 2023.
However, in my eyes, it is much likelier that he was introduced to BrainChip and TENNs post-layoff, and I believe I have provided sufficient arguments to substantiate my point of view…

Attachments

• A00BFC47-4469-4924-BB76-24C757BED5B5.jpeg
    A00BFC47-4469-4924-BB76-24C757BED5B5.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 825
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Frangipani

Regular
2 hours and 14 minutes to long to watch with the Euros on.
A2F3C84D-86E9-472C-B588-B2BE62357D03.jpeg

As for the typos Austrialian and BRD on that presentation slide:
Maybe, just maybe Chris Jones happens to be an avid ⚽️ fan, and while preparing that presentation in May, he was possibly distracted, fantasising about his favourite pairing for the EURO 2024 finals?

Which surprisingly seemed to be 🇦🇹 vs Germany 🇩🇪 (BRD stands for Bundesrepublik Deutschland = Federal Republic of Germany)? 🤣

Relax, Rocket - maybe he got the colours right, but simply confused the flags 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😂! I agree that for most viewers, those two teams vying for the Euro Cup 🏆 would be a way more exciting pairing… ⚽🥅
Although totally different combinations would be just as enticing!

Haven’t checked, though, whether theoretically any of those final pairings above could even come to pass or whether the respective teams would possibly already knock each other out in the upcoming elimination rounds…

Anyway, may the overall best team win, whatever colours their flag has!
(Though I have to admit I am a little bit biased… 😊)

• Haha
If you didn’t assume Meta was an EAP, how did you think Meta engineers would have found out about the intricacies of TENNs around the same time EAP customers did? Customers that had explicitly paid for the privilege to get early access? That doesn’t make sense to me.

By the way, although Akida Gen 2 had been announced in March 2023 and the white paper on TENNs had been published in June, it appears that even for EAP customers, actual availability of the second generation of the Akida IP solution (which included TENNs) didn’t eventuate until October 2023, which happens to coincide with when Chris Jones had just started his new job at BrainChip.

a00bfc47-4469-4924-bb76-24c757bed5b5-jpeg.65351

No, that is not what I meant. He obviously would have seen new NNs on an almost daily basis throughout his eleven months at Meta, not only in his last six weeks.

But if he had become “pretty excited” about TENNs while still working for Meta, would he even have bothered to spend his time on getting to know other neural networks or would he rather have focused all his energy and time on familiarising himself with TENNs and liasing with the software engineers at BrainChip?

If he had become “pretty excited” about TENNs sometime in 2023 already, would he really have said in late May 2024:

“So, about a year ago, uh, I was at Meta, I was in their AI Infrastructure Group, and on an almost daily basis I would see new neural network architectures.”

To me, it would only make sense if he had found out about TENNs roughly a year ago or later, and that brings me back to my six-week window: We can basically exclude he would have learnt about TENNs at his former workplace while already on gardening leave from Meta, agreed? So no later than mid-April then. And I doubt he would have referred to January or February 2023 as “about a year ago”.

But @Iseki does have a good point here: Why would Meta have laid off one of their software engineers who by then would have already acquired in-depth knowledge of a disruptive and top-secret neural network that was going to give them a head start over competitors? There weren’t exactly dozens of global ML/AI experts around who were familiar with TENNs at the time.

Oh, and in case anyone pictured Chris Jones developing novel algorithms in Meta’s VR headset and smartglasses division or similar, that’s not what he actually did at Meta:

View attachment 65352

Another thing to ponder: If Meta was indeed behind an NDA, wouldn’t the reveal by Chris Jones that he had learned about TENNs while at Meta constitute a breach of confidentiality? Correct me if I am wrong, but ex-employees cannot share trade secrets and confidential information without risking serious legal trouble, and Chris Jones could now be be taken to court for disclosing an NDA between Meta and BrainChip that the rest of the world wasn’t supposed to find out about…

No, of course not - what an absurd suggestion. Why did you have to turn this into ridicule?

As stated in my previous post, I’d venture a guess that he was introduced to BrainChip while job-hunting, so it was more likely him approaching BrainChip, not the other way round. If BrainChip staff had come to Menlo Park (Meta HQs) or Los Angeles (where CJ was based at the time) to instruct a group of Meta ML/AI engineers on TENNs (provided they were an EAP customer at the time, that is), why would Chris Jones say “they told me about TENNs” instead of “they told us about TENNs” - in the context of a job interview after June 9, 2023 (publication of the TENNs white paper) the use of the singular makes total sense, though.

So this is what I imagine happened: Either somebody in his professional or private network or a recruiter recommended BrainChip to him (a lot of people reached out to him in the comments after he had posted about having been laid off), and although he was sceptical at first (with exactly the mindset you are describing), he did give it a try, either out of curiosity (as someone he trusted had warmly recommended them to him) or because he hadn’t yet been successful in securing another job he deemed suitable. I presume that after having worked for Meta, he would have initially considered any remote or on-site positions other than with another Silicon Valley tech giant a painful career decline.

When you look at his mid-2023 LinkedIn posts/comments/reactions, quite a few of them revolve around tedious and nerve-racking experiences with Workday (a platform that allows companies to streamline their recruiting processes), and he also lists several certifications of online courses that he completed during those months post layoff and prior to starting at BrainChip. Does that sound like someone who was excited to have been “outplaced” from Meta to a disruptive technology company they had an NDA with and hence did not have to worry at all about who would be signing his paychecks from August 2023 onwards, or does it rather sound like someone on gardening leave forced to look for a new job, after losing the one he had been so proud of securing less than a year earlier?

View attachment 65356

View attachment 65355

View attachment 65354

View attachment 65353

I did, but I see a different context: He referred to his time at Meta during his introductory words on TENNs after he had given a brief overview of BrainChip for those unfamiliar with the company.

I believe that when Chris Jones gave his presentation at the 2024 Embedded Vision Summit, he wanted to convey to his audience that he had seen something truly extraordinary in TENNs. And what better way than to emphasise this uniqueness by casually mentioning that he used to work for Meta and had encountered new neural networks there on a regular basis, hence evoking credibility with his audience. Understandably, he did not mention the mass layoff at Meta that had subsequently affected him, even though an unfortunate job loss is of course nothing to be ashamed of.

After having been introduced to BrainChip at a later stage in the context of a job interview, our company surprised him positively, contrary to what he had expected, and the message he wanted to convey to his listeners was: Don’t underestimate us (like I did initially, coming from a mega-corporation) just because we are a small team and not a household name. We can easily compete with the big guys, as we have something unique to offer.

Funny you should say that, as the more we discuss this, I am more and more convinced of the opposite. I could be wrong of course, but so could you.

The Ford announcement in May 2020 preceded that of the introduction of the Early Access Program in June 2020, but yes, technically speaking, I’d consider Ford an EAP customer as well.

Correct, there was never any ASX announcement about MB joining the EAP. However, Sean Hehir himself referred to them as an EAP customer on a slide in a September 2023 online investor presentation - as a Marquee EAP customer, to be precise, alongside Valeo, Vorago and NASA:

(from 27:33 min)

View attachment 65348

Well, if we are to believe Chris Jones - and unless this is yet another typo on his presentation slide - BrainChip currently has 10 customers (EAP, proof of concept and IP license) that have either licensed Akida IP (Renesas, Megachips) or once paid an undisclosed sum of money for the privilege of getting early access to our technology:

View attachment 65349

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that customer list should therefore read:
  1. Renesas
  2. Megachips
  3. Ford
  4. Mercedes
  5. Vorago
  6. NASA
  7. Valeo
  8. ISL
  9. ???
  10. ???
Which leaves us with only two mystery customers that fall into the category of either being an EAP customer or have used Akida technology to develop a proof of concept, as we would have found out about any additional IP licensees via price-sensitive ASX announcements.

Mercedes-Benz seems to match two categories at once, namely EAP customer AND “proof of concept” (EQXX) - I am a little confused as to why that distinction is being made, though.

It goes without saying those 10 customers are not indicative of the number of present engagements, NDAs and partnerships we have.

But Chris Jones learning details about TENNs before being laid-off at Meta could realistically only have happened if Meta was one of the two undisclosed EAP customers during Northern Hemisphere winter 2022/23 or early spring 2023.
However, in my eyes, it is much likelier that he was introduced to BrainChip and TENNs post-layoff, and I believe I have provided sufficient arguments to substantiate my point of view…

"Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that customer list should therefore read:

1. Renesas
  2. Megachips
  3. Ford
  4. Mercedes
  5. Vorago
  6. NASA
  7. Valeo
  8. ISL
  9. ???
  10. ???
Which leaves us with only two mystery customers that fall into the category of either being an EAP customer or have used Akida technology to develop a proof of concept, as we would have found out about any additional IP licensees via price-sensitive ASX announcements"

It certainly seems, that the EAPs are indeed more of a handful, as I was thinking more along the lines, of at least a couple of dozen.

Having the EAPs, under the same "10 customer" banner (according to the slide) as POC and IP licencees, muddys the water further..

We know, there were at least 2 licences (from revenue) taken out, by customers of MegaChips and these are not considered "our" customers.

I don't personally think Renesas, is considered an EAP, but I do MegaChips.

Our current relationship with Ford is unknown, apparently there is no longer any reference to them anywhere, in BRN material.
Are they "still" considered a customer, or EAP?

What are the "Rules of Engagement" here, as far as what the Company reports to us, of what they consider customers, or EAPs?

The emphasis on NDAs is strong with this one..
Any major engagements (after the c' up with Ford) are likely to be kept tightly under wraps (which would make the comment by Chris, if as alluded, a similar one).

There's a saying I really like, which originates in Taoism.

"You cannot clear muddied water with your hand. — Who is there that can make muddy water clear? But if allowed to remain still, it will become clear of itself"

20240624_010807.jpg

And so we wait...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Ftia-img%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fw_100%2Cc_scale%2Cf_webp%2Fv1704430003%2Fusers%2Fwmebfhqctsyw5x0qddnd.webp
Lokesh Choudhary · 2d ago · 2 min read

SoftBank’s Masayoshi Son set for ‘next big move’: report​

1718882033_79565dc59c3b9ff0cf69e2f01ba26766_v1718882032_xlarge.webp

Photo credit: Shutterstock

SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son appears to be ready for his next big moves, Bloomberg reported, signaling a potential rebound for the firm following recent setbacks.

“We need to look for our next big move, without fear of whether it’ll be a hit or miss,” Son reportedly told SoftBank shareholders at an annual meeting. “SoftBank Group’s dynamism arises from looking for new seeds of evolution, especially abroad.”

SoftBank has made AI a bigger focus of late. Son said that the company is aiming to boost its renewable energy ventures to power its AI initiatives, especially in the US.

Previously, it was reportedly exploring the acquisition of British semiconductor startup Graphcore Ltd, while considering raising US$100 billion for an AI chip venture that could rival US-based Nvidia.

Despite a recent string of unsuccessful startup investments, SoftBank appears to be on the path to recovery. The firm had a profitable second quarter, and as of March, it held US$39.2 billion in cash reserves.

A big part of its plans is SoftBank-owned chip designer Arm Holdings, which recorded US$2.1 billion in net sales for the nine months ending December 2023. The UK-based firm is expected to launch its first AI chips in 2025.

Earlier this year, SoftBank was reportedly eyeing [US$150 million worth of investments](https://www.techinasia.com/softbank-eyes-on-indias-ai-goldmine) in Indian data centers and industrial robotics as part of its wider bet on AI-related infrastructure.
Good Morning Bravo & Fellow Chippers,

Well according to SoftBank CEO , Masayoshi Son , ...... It's BULL CATCHING season.

Our management team have had several years quietly grazing, time to up it before we get caught.

* press the little watch on youtube of above vid to play.

Here's to a cracking week ahead , & beyond Chippers.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Gies

Regular
View attachment 65366

As for the typos Austrialian and BRD on that presentation slide:
Maybe, just maybe Chris Jones happens to be an avid ⚽️ fan, and while preparing that presentation in May, he was possibly distracted, fantasising about his favourite pairing for the EURO 2024 finals?

Which surprisingly seemed to be 🇦🇹 vs Germany 🇩🇪 (BRD stands for Bundesrepublik Deutschland = Federal Republic of Germany)? 🤣

Relax, Rocket - maybe he got the colours right, but simply confused the flags 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😂! I agree that for most viewers, those two teams vying for the Euro Cup 🏆 would be a way more exciting pairing… ⚽🥅
Although totally different combinations would be just as enticing!

Haven’t checked, though, whether theoretically any of those final pairings above could even come to pass or whether the respective teams would possibly already knock each other out in the upcoming elimination rounds…

Anyway, may the overall best team win, whatever colours their flag has!
(Though I have to admit I am a little bit biased… 😊)
🇳🇱💪🏻

Reactions: 5 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning,

Sean has stated that, to date we haven't lost any engagements with clients or to any other competitors.

Is he referring to since he came onboard, or since we first started engaging under Lou's command ?

I have mentioned this before, I have been told that Mercedes are a "client"....file that under any category you feel appropriate,
we all know that one company did pull back from the brink of signing an agreement for reasons only really known by their own
Board, so that doesn't count as a lost engagement or stolen by another companies technology I'd think, because as Tony has also
stated, some early engagement (potential customers) who felt that the timing wasn't quite right from them at the time, have
surprised the company with recent "re-engagements".

"Once a customer (potential) or otherwise, always a customer"

I can't speak for others here, but I'm still very proud to say that I own Brainchip stock and always share our story with anybody
interested in the future direction our company is heading in....to the top of the peak.

❤️ AKD I & II

ben carson t GIF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Diogenese

Top 20
"Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that customer list should therefore read:

1. Renesas
  2. Megachips
  3. Ford
  4. Mercedes
  5. Vorago
  6. NASA
  7. Valeo
  8. ISL
  9. ???
  10. ???
Which leaves us with only two mystery customers that fall into the category of either being an EAP customer or have used Akida technology to develop a proof of concept, as we would have found out about any additional IP licensees via price-sensitive ASX announcements"

It certainly seems, that the EAPs are indeed more of a handful, as I was thinking more along the lines, of at least a couple of dozen.

Having the EAPs, under the same "10 customer" banner (according to the slide) as POC and IP licencees, muddys the water further..

We know, there were at least 2 licences (from revenue) taken out, by customers of MegaChips and these are not considered "our" customers.

I don't personally think Renesas, is considered an EAP, but I do MegaChips.

Our current relationship with Ford is unknown, apparently there is no longer any reference to them anywhere, in BRN material.
Are they "still" considered a customer, or EAP?

What are the "Rules of Engagement" here, as far as what the Company reports to us, of what they consider customers, or EAPs?

The emphasis on NDAs is strong with this one..
Any major engagements (after the c' up with Ford) are likely to be kept tightly under wraps (which would make the comment by Chris, if as alluded, a similar one).

There's a saying I really like, which originates in Taoism.

"You cannot clear muddied water with your hand. — Who is there that can make muddy water clear? But if allowed to remain still, it will become clear of itself"

View attachment 65367

And so we wait...
But maybe if you centrifuged it ...

• Haha

7für7

Regular
Literally todays shareprice this morning 😂

1719190932678.gif

• Haha
  • Sad

db1969oz

Regular
Over 8 million reported shorts taken out Friday!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom