BRN Discussion Ongoing

Iseki

Regular
I think it's our last best hope.

To pray that someone already successfully competing with us will white-knight rescue us just won't work.

If on the other hand a company is manufacturing 2million electric motors per month and wants to leapfrog their competition by using Akida, then that is where we should be focused.

Akida should be the clipsal fuse for anything that needs to detect an anomoly and shut off or give an error.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

To pray that someone already successfully competing with us will white-knight rescue us just won't work.

If on the other hand a company is manufacturing 2million electric motors per month and wants to leapfrog their competition by using Akida, then that is where we should be focused.

Akida should be the clipsal fuse for anything that needs to detect an anomoly and shut off or give an error.
1719102460958.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Kachoo

Regular
This is interesting on the tata website.

Highlights Akida in healthcare and life Science. If you read further on talks about some wins. To me this is a very solid lead for something to eventuate.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Kachoo

Regular
I know its a long drawn out process really is. The take away would be that they I believe have patients now out or in application with SNN. They are putting it out in their Website.
I would just say the partnership shows signs of growing and maturing or they would not advise this.

Beyond that yeah its a waiting game but one can see the growth we just need a commercial product that the end buyer is paying for.

Question is when! Atleast its smouldering.

Reactions: 19 users
I know its a long drawn out process really is. The take away would be that they I believe have patients now out or in application with SNN. They are putting it out in their Website.
I would just say the partnership shows signs of growing and maturing or they would not advise this.

Beyond that yeah its a waiting game but one can see the growth we just need a commercial product that the end buyer is paying for.

Question is when! Atleast its smouldering.
I think if I’d knew now what I knew back when I originally invested in BRN with regards the time it took to get to market I’d probably not invested in the company. So in a way I’m glad I knew nothing like a lot of share holders here.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

itsol4605

Regular
Interesting that you pick Kodak who never went digital, ie never competed in that market, but stayed analog. Our competitors are already competing with us. They even use the same advertising slogans.

i.e. Nvidia and Qualcomm etc are pumping out their ai edge chips already.

Yes, Akida has a great value proposition for tiny MCs in outer space, or anywhere where there isn't an extension cord long enough. But so far, it doesn't look as if anyone is interested in developing a popular enough application that would warrant going to the expense of
. modeling the problem
. designing the SNN (testing, training)
. manufacturing the MCU (incl. taping-out)
. building the appliction
. maketing the final product

It's just a bridge too far.

i.e. we need to find a kodak who needs to urgently go digital. A company who can use our IP to go from some old analog system of sensors, to a digital system. If we can find a company like a modern day Kodak to partner with, we can save both our companies.

i.e. we need to look in other places. Not arm, Nvidia, qualcomm.
The iPhone moment perhaps better expresses what this means.
Nokia saw itself as the largest cellphone provider of all time and only laughed at the iPhone.

Reactions: 4 users
Nokia saw itself as the largest cellphone provider of all time and only laughed at the iPhone.
1719107766533.gif

Kachoo

Regular
I think if I’d knew now what I knew back when I originally invested in BRN with regards the time it took to get to market I’d probably not invested in the company. So in a way I’m glad I knew nothing like a lot of share holders here.

Let's be quite truthfull I think 99 % of people would have preferred to sell and buy back at these levels. Any one saying different would just be talking BS.

I guess one needs to move forward and we are a day closer to what we hope for adoption and wins as each day passes.

Can not change the past.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Iseki

Regular
right, so we should target Nokia, not arm.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

SoftBank CEO Vows Aggressive AI Push—Calls Past Investments Mere ‘Warm Up’​

Robert Hart is a London-based Forbes senior reporter.
Follow

Jun 21, 2024,07:48am EDT

SoftBank founder and CEO Masayoshi Son on Friday told shareholders he and the company are on a mission to usher in an age of artificial superintelligence, dismissing the firm’s past investments as a mere “warm up” and hinting the firm is ready to go on the offensive with ambitious bets and capitalize on the AI boom.

SoftBank World 2023

SoftBank Group CEO Masayoshi Son wants to bring about superintelligent AI that is 10,000 times ... [+]
GETTY IMAGES

KEY FACTS​

Son outlined his ambitious goal to bring about artificial superintelligence, a hypothetical form of AI whose cognitive abilities vastly exceed human abilities, at SoftBank’s annual general meeting.

Son boldly dismissed SoftBank’s past investments — which include some of the most successful tech bets in history on firms including Chinese internet behemoth Alibaba and British chipmaker Arm Holdings — as a mere “warm up for my great dream to realize artificial superintelligence.”

The SoftBank founder did not give details on how he plans to realize his mission but did identify numerous opportunities in sectors such as AI robots, autonomous driving and data centers and said he would pursue deals that would support Arm and keep SoftBank relevant in the looming AI age.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR​

Son’s bold pronouncements on AI are some of the tech investor’s grandest and most animated claims in years, signaling a major shift in SoftBank’s strategy. The company adopted a more cautious posture and shifted to a self-proclaimed “defense mode” after a series of disappointing losses in its flagship Vision Fund years ago and though SoftBank shifted back to “offense mode” last year to capitalize on the AI boom, its commitments have remained relatively small considering the boom in the sector and its profile. The firm already holds a lucrative stake in AI chipmaker Arm and in May led $1 billion in funding for British self-driving group Wayve, Europe’s largest AI deal to date.

CRUCIAL QUOTE​

“This is what I was born to do, to realize ASI,” Son said, stressing his AI vision is now the investment group's central priority moving forward. “Watch me, I will make it happen.”

FORBES VALUATION​

Son has a net worth of approximately $32.5 billion. His wealth, largely derived from his stake in tech investment venture SoftBank, makes him Japan’s second-richest person, trailing apparel billionaire Tadashi Yanai.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

7für7

Regular
Let's be quite truthfull I think 99 % of people would have preferred to sell and buy back at these levels. Any one saying different would just be talking BS.

I guess one needs to move forward and we are a day closer to what we hope for adoption and wins as each day passes.

Can not change the past.
Hey! Hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

While I agree with your statement that most people would prefer to sell everything to buy back in at a lower price, reality is different and we need to carefully assess the risk-reward ratio... or at least try to. Since none of us have a crystal ball, I believe one has acted wisely by cashing out and realizing profits during the Mercedes hype (if they could). Letting the rest run and consistently buying back depending on the situation and/or realizing profits again. This way, one can lower their average purchase price to the current level without risking missing out on the opportunity, as we never know when a significant event might occur.

Just my opinion, not investment advice.

Akida should be the clipsal fuse for anything that needs to detect an anomoly and shut
View attachment 65337

View attachment 65340

EXTRACT ONLY

View attachment 65339

What a coinkidink! 🥳

View attachment 65341
This is wonderful news from the top, shan't be long before all this waiting for validation by the masses is behind us.
Go Brainchip

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Ftia-img%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fw_100%2Cc_scale%2Cf_webp%2Fv1704430003%2Fusers%2Fwmebfhqctsyw5x0qddnd.webp
Lokesh Choudhary · 2d ago · 2 min read

SoftBank’s Masayoshi Son set for ‘next big move’: report​

1718882033_79565dc59c3b9ff0cf69e2f01ba26766_v1718882032_xlarge.webp

Photo credit: Shutterstock

SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son appears to be ready for his next big moves, Bloomberg reported, signaling a potential rebound for the firm following recent setbacks.

“We need to look for our next big move, without fear of whether it’ll be a hit or miss,” Son reportedly told SoftBank shareholders at an annual meeting. “SoftBank Group’s dynamism arises from looking for new seeds of evolution, especially abroad.”

SoftBank has made AI a bigger focus of late. Son said that the company is aiming to boost its renewable energy ventures to power its AI initiatives, especially in the US.

Previously, it was reportedly exploring the acquisition of British semiconductor startup Graphcore Ltd, while considering raising US$100 billion for an AI chip venture that could rival US-based Nvidia.

Despite a recent string of unsuccessful startup investments, SoftBank appears to be on the path to recovery. The firm had a profitable second quarter, and as of March, it held US$39.2 billion in cash reserves.

A big part of its plans is SoftBank-owned chip designer Arm Holdings, which recorded US$2.1 billion in net sales for the nine months ending December 2023. The UK-based firm is expected to launch its first AI chips in 2025.

Earlier this year, SoftBank was reportedly eyeing [US$150 million worth of investments](https://www.techinasia.com/softbank-eyes-on-indias-ai-goldmine) in Indian data centers and industrial robotics as part of its wider bet on AI-related infrastructure.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Ftia-img%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fw_100%2Cc_scale%2Cf_webp%2Fv1704430003%2Fusers%2Fwmebfhqctsyw5x0qddnd.webp

SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son appears to be ready for his next big moves, Bloomberg reported, signaling a potential rebound for the firm following recent setbacks.

“We need to look for our next big move, without fear of whether it’ll be a hit or miss,” Son reportedly told SoftBank shareholders at an annual meeting. “SoftBank Group’s dynamism arises from looking for new seeds of evolution, especially abroad.”

SoftBank has made AI a bigger focus of late. Son said that the company is aiming to boost its renewable energy ventures to power its AI initiatives, especially in the US.

Previously, it was reportedly exploring the acquisition of British semiconductor startup Graphcore Ltd, while considering raising US$100 billion for an AI chip venture that could rival US-based Nvidia.

Despite a recent string of unsuccessful startup investments, SoftBank appears to be on the path to recovery. The firm had a profitable second quarter, and as of March, it held US$39.2 billion in cash reserves.

A big part of its plans is SoftBank-owned chip designer Arm Holdings, which recorded US$2.1 billion in net sales for the nine months ending December 2023. The UK-based firm is expected to launch its first AI chips in 2025.

Earlier this year, SoftBank was reportedly eyeing [US$150 million worth of investments](https://www.techinasia.com/softbank-eyes-on-indias-ai-goldmine) in Indian data centers and industrial robotics as part of its wider bet on AI-related infrastructure.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 104305.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Iseki

Regular
Come

Indeed. Son tried to buy Gaphcore which I think went belly up.
Maybe check out their do-or-die predicament here

Graphcore was signed up by Microsoft, of all people, for a chip that they wanted. but then they pulled out.
I just don't see that Akida and these other chips are targeyting the same problems. They are looking to do LLMs, we are looking to make sensors smarter.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

Come

Indeed. Son tried to buy Gaphcore which I think went belly up.
Maybe check out their do-or-die predicament here

Graphcore was signed up by Microsoft, of all people, for a chip that they wanted. but then they pulled out.
I just don't see that Akida and these other chips are targeyting the same problems. They are looking to do LLMs, we are looking to make sensors smarter.

I think you might be missing the point I was trying to make. Masayoshi Son said that it's his "great dream to realize artificial superintelligence.” And he also said that in the future artificial superintelligence models "will work together like neurons in the brain".

Unless I'm mistaken the only technological approach in existence which aims to mimic the biological processes of the human brain is called NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING.

BrainChip = NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING.

Not sure how realistic it would be to assume that Masayoshi Son knows diddly-squat about BrainChip or neuromorphic computing when he has all of his AI egg-hopes foisted to the success of Arm (our partner), with whom our neuromorphic technology is not only compatible but complementary; to the degree that it makes Arm's products actually perform BETTER.

But, this is just my opinion and I could very well be barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Iseki

Regular
I think you might be missing the point I was trying to make. Masayoshi Son said that it's his "great dream to realize artificial superintelligence.” And he also said that in the future artificial superintelligence models "will work together like neurons in the brain".

Unless I'm mistaken the only technological approach in existence which aims to mimic the biological processes of the human brain is called NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING.

BrainChip = NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING.

Not sure how realistic it would be to assume that Masayoshi Son knows diddly-squat about BrainChip or neuromorphic computing when he has all of his AI egg-hopes foisted to the success of Arm (our partner), with whom our neuromorphic technology is not only compatible but complementary; to the degree that it makes Arm's products actually perform BETTER.

But, this is just my opinion and I could very well be barking up the wrong tree.
Good points. Well made.

I would love Son to buy into BRN. That would certainly help us hugely.

I don't know what he means by superintelligence. Maybe General AI? At any rate he's looking to buy into an IP only company that designs huge AI chips on some sort of Graph-NN, called Graphcore, and I think we would agree that an investment in BRN would be a much wiser move for him.

So I'd be happy for Sean and Peter and Anil to contact Son on this basis.

Wouldn't you?

• Fire
Top Bottom