BRN Discussion Ongoing

7für7

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Attention Q Super Self investors.

I have just been catching up on some reading of notifications that were sent to me from my Q Super fund.

To any Q Super fund members that have self investments shares within this fund, in case you missed the update:-

As of the 1 September 2024 Q Super will only allow you to select any NEW investments from the ASX 100.

I know, it’s unbelievable.

Q Super must be trying to get rid of their Self Investors.

Between, this and the new Tax changes for superannuation coming into effect 1/7/24, well, it’s just getting worse.

Regards and good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.png
    IMG_2522.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

I have just been catching up on some reading of notifications that were sent to me from my Q Super fund.

To any Q Super fund members that have self investments shares within this fund, in case you missed the update:-

As of the 1 September 2024 Q Super will only allow you to select any NEW investments from the ASX 100.

Between, this and the new Tax changes for superannuation coming into effect 1/7/24, well, it’s just getting worse.

Regards and good luck.
Sorry meant Super tax changes starting 1/7/25.

Regards

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Fenris78

Regular

Regards and good luck.
The only reason I am with QSuper was for the self investment flexibility (it was ASX300 and up to 25% for an individual stock... i.e. BRN haha). ASX100 definately limits my interest... I may bite the bullet and go SMSF???

Reactions: 3 users

Regards and good luck.
They must be trying to weed out self invest because if your not in the option now you can't self invest. They stopped the option. Weird.

SC

Reactions: 1 users
The only reason I am with QSuper was for the self investment flexibility (it was ASX300 and up to 25% for an individual stock... i.e. BRN haha). ASX100 definately limits my interest... I may bite the bullet and go SMSF???

It puts to many limits on a self investor now. You basically can’t invest on that platform. You think you have a well thought out plan, and then you get this thrown at you. We now have some important decisions to make, moving forward.

Reactions: 2 users
They must be trying to weed out self invest because if your not in the option now you can't self invest. They stopped the option. Weird.

SC
They want the self investor platform gone by the sounds of it. This is just the start. No doubt there will be more changes to come- to make it even harder for self investors.

Reactions: 2 users
50 X fewer parameters and 5000 X less energy is a

paradigm shift

1719029844353.png

Such a good presentation helping understand the incredible difference BRN can make re LLM
1719030360004.png

FULL Presentation Link here registration required

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

itsol4605

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

CHIPS

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Realinfo

Regular
Oops…he did it again !!

Tech just mentioned his oft stated view that January 2025 is his personal timeline. Correct me if I’m wrong Texta, but by this you mean for solid and consistently rising earnings?

For mine, I think you’re being a tad conservative, but if you are right, there will have to be a whole raft of good things happen between now and then...and they will come into the public domain either by way of announcements (formal via the ASX and informal via press releases etc) OR from the admirable efforts of super sleuths such as a very own 1000 Eyes.

The impact of all this stuff coming to light will be very positive on our battler’s share price between now and January 2025.

After our fortuitous meeting with the Mercedes racer at The Fox Goes Free pub, my better half and I have been meandering around the West Country. The only thing I can add to what came from the get together, is that after eighteen months of being hit over the head because of a falling share price, my shareholding better half has been placated by what she learned.

On this note, I want to reiterate some previous utterings relating to going the way of Kodak and dinosaurs…

There continues to be much discussion about are we in this and is this us. I firmly believe that the technology world is very aware of Akida, very aware of what it can do, and very aware that it’s not going away anytime soon. Given this, if you were somebody in authority within a Nvidia, a Qualcomm or the like, do you think you would risk your company’s future, by ignoring something truly game changing and thus missing the Akida bus?

I don’t think so. This is why I believe that the Nvidia’s, the Qualcomm’s…name your company people…no matter what name you nominate, they and/or their favourite tech partner would be looking into how they can use Akida.

To be not doing so, would be risking going the way of Kodak and the dinosaurs.

Please read the above post from “On this note…”

What with Antonio, Sean and Tony now able to chat with the most senior C level executives of the world’s biggest companies, and these people listen carefully to what they say, I’ve never been more certain that the above is beginning to happen, and it’s happening right before our 1000 eyes.

Given that the technology establishment now accepts there’s a huge market for AI at the edge rapidly emerging, and Akida is in the driver’s seat to become the ubiquitous, everywhere technology that will power it…I have never been more confident that the Nvidia’s, the Qualcomm’s, the Arm’s…you name your company people…are up to their necks in discussions with our battler.

…and to top it off, do we need anymore proof than what this Washington Post article dated 21 June 2024 is saying about the problems caused by massive power consumption AI is causing via data centres, and that the technology world needs a miracle.

People…the miracle is Akida !!

Attachments

• IMG_0242.png
    IMG_0242.png
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users
Please read the above post from “On this note…”

What with Antonio, Sean and Tony now able to chat with the most senior C level executives of the world’s biggest companies, and these people listen carefully to what they say, I’ve never been more certain that the above is beginning to happen, and it’s happening right before our 1000 eyes.

Given that the technology establishment now accepts there’s a huge market for AI at the edge rapidly emerging, and Akida is in the driver’s seat to become the ubiquitous, everywhere technology that will power it…I have never been more confident that the Nvidia’s, the Qualcomm’s, the Arm’s…you name your company people…are up to their necks in discussions with our battler.

…and to top it off, do we need anymore proof than what this Washington Post article dated 21 June 2024 is saying about the problems caused by massive power consumption AI is causing via data centres, and that the technology world needs a miracle.

People…the miracle is Akida !!
Couldn't agree more @Realinfo, in fact, I was actually just talking to my Brother (who now rolls his eyes, when I mention anything BRN related 🙄)..
Actually, he usually rolls them, when I mention anything, that is of interest to me 🤔..

Anyway..
I said about how NVIDIA is now numero uno (which he knew) and that BrainChip scientists had recently shown an AKIDA(TENNs?)/Nvidia Jetson combination, as being 75% more efficient (that's probably not a real accurate statement, but good enough, for the purpose of this post)..

Straight after, I started thinking of the possibility, of NVIDIA making a play for BrainChip.

I don't care much, for the takeover talk and really don't want that to happen, but a Company like Nvidia, is in a position, to make a "too good to refuse" offer.
They wanted to buy ARM (due in a large part, I believe, to them seeing the Kodak future on the horizon) but weren't allowed due to being blocked, by the FTC.

Give BrainChip, a few more years to mature and such a takeover, may also likely be blocked (if it lives up to our expectations, which I believe will be 25-30% of our target "real" Edge markets).

But right now, with us still in our infancy, such a block, would not exist.
Other than that put up by BRN's majority shareholders.

But/so, any offer, would have to be SWWEEETT!!..

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
If it's ok with Anil.....it's ok with me 💯

Now, they took a look at costs, and claim a 90% savings vs the DGX-H100 (which is admittedly a gold-plated server). A more fair comparison is versus the more affordable Nvidia L40S, the 10-way AI100 NeuReality server is 50-67% lower cost, and twice the performance. Thats is some four-fold better performance per dollar.

1000016600.jpg

1000016598.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Iseki

Regular
Oops…he did it again !!

Tech just mentioned his oft stated view that January 2025 is his personal timeline. Correct me if I’m wrong Texta, but by this you mean for solid and consistently rising earnings?

For mine, I think you’re being a tad conservative, but if you are right, there will have to be a whole raft of good things happen between now and then...and they will come into the public domain either by way of announcements (formal via the ASX and informal via press releases etc) OR from the admirable efforts of super sleuths such as a very own 1000 Eyes.

The impact of all this stuff coming to light will be very positive on our battler’s share price between now and January 2025.

After our fortuitous meeting with the Mercedes racer at The Fox Goes Free pub, my better half and I have been meandering around the West Country. The only thing I can add to what came from the get together, is that after eighteen months of being hit over the head because of a falling share price, my shareholding better half has been placated by what she learned.

On this note, I want to reiterate some previous utterings relating to going the way of Kodak and dinosaurs…

There continues to be much discussion about are we in this and is this us. I firmly believe that the technology world is very aware of Akida, very aware of what it can do, and very aware that it’s not going away anytime soon. Given this, if you were somebody in authority within a Nvidia, a Qualcomm or the like, do you think you would risk your company’s future, by ignoring something truly game changing and thus missing the Akida bus?

I don’t think so. This is why I believe that the Nvidia’s, the Qualcomm’s…name your company people…no matter what name you nominate, they and/or their favourite tech partner would be looking into how they can use Akida.

To be not doing so, would be risking going the way of Kodak and the dinosaurs.
Interesting that you pick Kodak who never went digital, ie never competed in that market, but stayed analog. Our competitors are already competing with us. They even use the same advertising slogans.

i.e. Nvidia and Qualcomm etc are pumping out their ai edge chips already.

Yes, Akida has a great value proposition for tiny MCs in outer space, or anywhere where there isn't an extension cord long enough. But so far, it doesn't look as if anyone is interested in developing a popular enough application that would warrant going to the expense of
. modeling the problem
. designing the SNN (testing, training)
. manufacturing the MCU (incl. taping-out)
. building the appliction
. maketing the final product

It's just a bridge too far.

i.e. we need to find a kodak who needs to urgently go digital. A company who can use our IP to go from some old analog system of sensors, to a digital system. If we can find a company like a modern day Kodak to partner with, we can save both our companies.

i.e. we need to look in other places. Not arm, Nvidia, qualcomm.

• Haha
  • Thinking

wilzy123

Founding Member
Interesting that you pick Kodak who never went digital, ie never competed in that market, but stayed analog. Our competitors are already competing with us. They even use the same advertising slogans.

Yes, Akida has a great value proposition for tiny MCs in outer space, or anywhere where there isn't an extension cord long enough. But so far, it doesn't look as if anyone is interested in developing a popular enough application that would warrant going to the expense of
. modeling the problem

i.e. we need to find a kodak who needs to urgently go digital. A company who can use our IP to go from some old analog system of sensors, to a digital system. If we can find a company like a modern day Kodak to partner with, we can save both our companies.

Ok Con
1000025754.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

. modeling the problem

Dribble

Reactions: 12 users

. modeling the problem

1719099478300.gif

• Haha

Labsy

Regular
NVIDIA can have my shares for 100bux each if they are out there listening... No strings attached. Let's do it

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
NVIDIA can have my shares for 100bux each if they are out there listening... No strings attached. Let's do it
Im not greedy I’ll be happy with $99 a share

1719101784960.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom