BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

EDACafe Industry Predictions for 2024 – RISC V​

January 29th, 2024 by Sanjay Gangal

By Mark Himelstein , CTO, RISC-V International

Picture1.jpg

Mark Himelstein
What are the top five trends for the RISC-V open standard ISA in 2024?

This year has been a great one for the RISC-V ecosystem. Our global community of more than 4,100 members from 70 countries across the globe helped to support the continued growth and adoption of the open standard RISC-V ISA. There are now more than 13 billion – yes that’s billion with a B – cores on the market. And we’re not stopping! RISC-V International now hosts more than 75 technical working groups driving progress and advancement on RISC-V standards, software development and tools. We also ratified 16 specifications including the ratification of RISC-V Profiles specification version 1.0 with RVA20, RVI20, and RVA22, RISC-V Cryptography Extensions Volume II and the RISC-V IOMMU Architecture Specification.

We also hosted three anchor events in 2023—RISC-V Summit North America, RISC-V Summit Europe, and RISC-V Summit China. At each event, RISC-V enthusiasts, supporters, adopters, designers, and more joined to address the latest in all things RISC-V. We had a record number of attendees at each event, culminating with more than 2,000 registrants at RISC-V Summit China. Our biggest event yet!

But we are not done. The industry can expect so much more from the RISC-V community in 2024, with key technology advancements, new member products and innovations, and more.

Here are my top five predictions for RISC-V in 2024, not in order of importance:

1. The industry will continue to witness the convergence of hyperscale computing, AI/ML, and Datacenter. This year, many of the ecosystem’s biggest tech companies began to market and sell systems, chips, and boards that meet the needs of multiple markets. These markets are hot right now and show no signs of slowing down. RISC-V is a natural solution to address these markets due to its flexibility and speed to market.
  2. The embedded and IoT markets have typically been key markets for RISC-V-based implementations and deployments. We have already had RISC-V powered wearables, controllers and peripherals hit the market – expect more in the next But, in 2024, we should see the introduction of data center systems based on RISC-V processors.
  3. Globally, government projects are using the flexible, scalable RISC-V ISA to develop solutions that their local communities require. A few examples include USG Agile and the European Processor Initiative. As the reach and scale of the RISC-V ecosystem continues to grow around the world, so will the interest and engagement from international government
  4. 2024 will also expect to see a rise in RISC-V chips and single board computers and developer platforms This rise will then fuel continued growth in RISC-V solutions in systems and software based on developer platform availability.
  5. And finally, we’ll continue to see new milestones for the RISC-V software ecosystem continue to grow. This year, the RISE effort was announced to help expedite RISC-V open source software, and the RISC-V International landscape and exchange launched to enable developers to advertise the availability of software. To ensure that the momentum in software development is readily available to the full ecosystem, RISC-V International will also create a source of record to find commercial and open source software needed for RISC-V That work is underway, and it will be live in 2024.
RISC-V is here! Join us as we continue to push the limits of design innovation, and support ecosystem players in their pursuit of new products and technical achievements. If you are not already a member, check out membership information on our website here.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular
No mate I just talk the facts, I've read all the posts about how where going to be rich and guess the shareprice by xmas, All the dot joining etc etc, But until I see it I'll be excited, is it coming probably, this forum was page after page everyday but it's flat, I've told people about this share and believe me unless they see profits your lose friendships, This is the Facts and yes I take the piss with the companies in-house secrecy for the sake of customers, It's a load of crap once it's out there if the product is good EVERYBODY Knows because news travels real fast on a good product
DH , 🤣 now that's funny, you stating you have friends and asking us to believe you. 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
Do you know the difference between the word "his" and "he's?"
Not sure if he knows the difference between where and we're either . But he may not have a grasp on the English language. So I would excuse him on both occasions :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Bit of news on the Loyal Wingman/Ghost Bat front, autonomous flight:

Funding boost for lethal Ghost Bat drone project as defence minister confirms new armed drone will be introduced this year​

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...E&cvid=0d170d6854414868969b25777a8e0956&ei=59

Australia will introduce a new armed drone into service this year, which is expected to be similar to the technology being widely used in the Ukraine war.

Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy has confirmed work is underway on the secretive project, while unveiling a $400 million boost to a much larger unmanned aircraft program known as "Ghost Bat".
On Friday, Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy is expected to detail a significant further investment in the program, which is the first military combat aircraft to be designed, developed and manufactured in Australia in more than half a century.

The MQ-28A, or Ghost Bat, is a next-generation Collaborative Combat Aircraft that involves 55 Australian companies and has already received $600 million in public funding.

In March last year, the government agreed to a Defence Strategic Review recommendation to prioritise the MQ-28A program for collaborative development with the United States, meaning it can more easily share classified information with Australia's closest military ally.

Two years ago, MQ-28A conducted its first secretive test flight at Woomera, and the ABC has now obtained vision of a more recent training exercise involving the aircraft at an undisclosed location in Australia

Loyal defence 'wingman' drones get extra $399 million​

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...TE&cvid=effe758eaa19451fa1f089760259dff6&ei=3

Funding for a next-generation drone that will act as "loyal wingman" for the Australian Defence Force will be boosted by $399 million.

Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy on Friday announced the extra money for the development of the Ghost Bat uncrewed aircraft, building on a preview investment of $600 million and taking the total spend to almost $1 billion.
The next phase of the Ghost Bat program is to develop technology to allow the drone(s) to work together and with other crewed aircraft, including the Super Hornet or Wedgetail to complete missions as one team.

The Ghost Bat is being designed to act as a "loyal wingman" by protecting and supporting Australian military assets and pilots.

Mr Conroy said he expected the drones to be tested at a demonstration exercise next year

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton said the coalition backed the investment.

"There's not only sort of a domestic benefit but this will enhance our global reputation," he told Nine's Today.

"It's a great outcome and we support it very much."

Under an agreement with the US, technology will be shared between the two countries to help fast-track the aircraft's manufacture.

More than 55 Australian companies are contributing to the Ghost Bat program, with 70 per cent of program spending going to local industry

Among other things, Ghost Bat is supposed to take one for the team, but what if "I'm sorry Dave ... "
"More than 55 Australian companies are contributing to the Ghost Bat program, with 70 per cent of program spending going to local industry"

So are we still considered an Australian Company, or an American Company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, seeing as our Headquarters are in California? 🤔..

Reactions: 2 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Kunjan Sobhani goes on Bloomberg TV to speak on Arm's soaring share price after strong forecast this morning. He also touches on the chip designer's diversification, AI growth and China revenue.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

DK6161

Regular

Kunjan Sobhani goes on Bloomberg TV to speak on Arm's soaring share price after strong forecast this morning. He also touches on the chip designer's diversification, AI growth and China revenue.

But I'm sure Schnitzel lover said, us following ARM's business model was a bad thing 🤔..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Timing certainly makes sense @Diogenese .

I'm keen to see what takes place at Intel's next foundary event on the 21 Feb 2024. Sam Altman will be in attendance as he is purportedly looking for chip partners, which begs the question why would he feel the need to find other chip partners if he didn't have confidence in Rain AI's ability to deliver.
Basically, they have tried 2 different analog systems while attempting to breathe life into their random nanowire system, and now they are chasing the digital bus. They have resorted to licensing in the Arteris interconnect array and have not disclosed their NPU architecture. The NPU patent application, if there is one, has not yet been published.

Did you share any of your cigarettes with them?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
"More than 55 Australian companies are contributing to the Ghost Bat program, with 70 per cent of program spending going to local industry"

So are we still considered an Australian Company, or an American Company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, seeing as our Headquarters are in California? 🤔..
Hi DB
Brainchips registered office is in Sydney NSW Australia and complies with the requirement that ASX listed Australian companies have two Australian Directors having three in fact.

Based on this there is no argument that can be made out that Brainchip is not an Australian Company.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Awful headline; really feeling for them right now!

1707476161194.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

hotty4040

Regular
I think Peter knows his done the hard work and put people in places to continue the great work his done previously,
Peter knows his got a great team to take this company into the future ,I hope his around to see the company reach its heights

Correction " his " should be " he's I do believe. It's very irritating to me when I see these mistakes.
You're not the only one who offends, and I'm surprised there are so many that do. IMO......

Akida Ballista >>>>>> Chippers, you can rejoice, often, over the week-end, good finish almost ;);) <<<<<<

Very interesting times ahead - fingers crossed xxxx

🤞🤞🤞🤞

hotty... gltah

Reactions: 9 users

RobjHunt

Regular
So why all the GREEN This week compared to previous weeks
which previous weeks are you referring to? I recall there were a number of weeks in early 2022 that were much greener than this week!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

James711

Emerged
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Basically, they have tried 2 different analog systems while attempting to breathe life into their random nanowire system, and now they are chasing the digital bus. They have resorted to licensing in the Arteris interconnect array and have not disclosed their NPU architecture. The NPU patent application, if there is one, has not yet been published.

Did you share any of your cigarettes with them?

No way Dodgy, @Sirod69 and I are way too stingy for that! Plus I'm still not 100% sure they were ciggies.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Woah. Did I offend you matey?

Woah. Did you only just start paying attention to the BS that you've been posting for the entire time that you have been on this forum? ROFL?

You're only kidding yourself.

BTW....I am still very keen to know who is number one between you and @David holland

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Perhaps

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 88 users

DK6161

Regular
Woah. Did you only just start paying attention to the BS that you've been posting for the entire time that you have been on this forum? ROFL?

You're only kidding yourself.

BTW....I am still very keen to know who is number one between you and @David holland
Lol. Me being a disgruntled shareholder after I am down almost 80% at one stage really set you off huh?

Top Bottom