BRN Discussion Ongoing

You know Peter has basically retired don't you?
He will still be quite actively engaged with the Company, but he is no longer our CTO..
I think Peter knows his done the hard work and put people in places to continue the great work his done previously,
Peter knows his got a great team to take this company into the future ,I hope his around to see the company reach its heights

Reactions: 4 users

mrgds

Regular
You know Peter has basically retired don't you?
He will still be quite actively engaged with the Company, but he is no longer our CTO..
Thnx DB .......... yes i do know that.
So you would agree with @David holland just posted?

This started out as something else, but it's turned out to be about Rain Ai again.

It's easy to understand the allure of analog, as, in theory, analog is a direct "analog" of the neuronal system. Hence much of the early attempts at electronic neurons and academic research has focused on analog. Some small 1-bit analog systems may have achieved tantalizingly passable results, but the accumulating error limits their development.

Analog neurons work by summing the currents through controllable impedances called ReRAMS, The currents are applied to a summing impedance so the voltage across that impedance is proportional to the sum of the ReRAM currents. Measuring that voltage is supposed to provide a count of the number of ReRAMs through which current has flowed into the summing impedance. The problem is that the ReRAM impedances and the summing impedances are not uniform but suffer from defects such as manufacturing variability.

One notable failure of an attempt to even more closely mimic the wetware neuron using analog is Rain AI, which initially sought to reproduce the complexity of neuronal connexions by the use of insulated nanowires with random connections.

https://www.eetimes.com/rain-neuromorphics-tapes-out-demo-chip-for-analog-ai/

https://www.eetimes.com/rain-demonstrates-ai-training-on-analog-chip/

Neurons can have 10,000 connexions. The human brain's configuration, the neuronal connexions, are determined by DNA and sensory experience. For example, the autonomous activations of breathing and heart beat are pre-programmed into the brain as it develops. The sensory wiring is in part preprogrammed. This is determined by genetic code, not by randomness.

The Rain inventors hoped that the system could be trained to recognize coherent data by feeding large amounts of activations into the system until it learned something, thereby inventing infinite-shot learning.

Because the brain can learn instantaneously, it is clear that new physical connexions cannot be grown instantaneously, so existing connexions must be involved in learning. This suggests that neurons include dormant connexions, some of which are activated when new data is learned. This is imitated by the "weights" of the artificial neuron. In an electronic brain, the weights can be electronically switched on and off, allowing the neuron to be repurposed when the neural network is programmed with a new model, whereas, in a natural brain, the group of activated weight synapses must be retained to store the data in memory. Assuming that neurons can be involved in remembering more than one item, this suggests that different groups of synapses connected to a neuron are activated when different data is being recognized. So a programmed synapse has a permanent ON memory function and a switchable ON/OFF control responsive to activations. The activation data determines which group of synapses and their weights are switched on.

An interesting thing is that the brain has the capability to stimulate memories without external activation.

At the beginning nof 2022, Rain still planned to go ahead with the analog random nanowire synapses:

"Rain’s vision is a fully analog, asynchronous, ultra-low power, tileable, scalable chip with capacity for 100 billion parameters that can imitate the human brain. While this work used a crossbar memristor array, Rain’s hardware roadmap still includes migration to randomly connected ReRAM cells as the technology matures."

Rain Demonstrates AI Training on Analog Chip - EE Times

Remember that, in 2019, Sam Altman agreed to buy $M51 of Rain's chips off the drawing board:
OpenAI Agreed to Buy $51 Million of AI Chips From a Startup Backed by CEO Sam Altman | WIRED

OpenAI in 2019 signed a nonbinding agreement to spend $51 million on the chips when they became available, according to a copy of the deal and Rain disclosures to investors this year, seen by WIRED. Rain told investors that Altman had personally invested more than $1 million in the company. The letter of intent has not been previously reported.

Having spent, no doubt, many hours unsuccessfully attempting to achieve the Frankenstein moment, Rain now boasts the virtues of its yet-to-see-daylight digital NN:

https://rain.ai/products ,
https://rain.ai/
"We're building the most efficient hardware for AI."

https://rain.ai/products
"We offer IP licensing opportunities for Rain’s digital in-memory compute tile and software stack across a range of compute use cases.

The IP is tailored to on-device AI workloads requiring ultra-low latency and high energy efficiency.
"

and licences in interconnection IP from Arteris,

https://ir.arteris.com/news-release...teris-selected-rain-ai-use-next-generation-ai

Arteris Selected by Rain AI for Use in the Next Generation of AI​

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:45 AM EST
PDF Version

Optimizing on-chip mesh connectivity with Arteris’ FlexNoC 5 physically aware network-on-chip enables Rain AI to realize faster data transfers at ultra-low power to achieve record performance for Generative AI and Edge AI computing at scale​

It seems their much-vaunted first generation analog random nanowire experiment sank without trace and it's all hands to the pumps in the digital lifeboat.
They are trying to reinvent the wheel.

AKIDA is the wheel.

How do you think they'll go? 🤔 .

This is an IBM ad 😛

20240209_181806.jpg

Obviously, from more successful times, when the phrase was also coined..
"You don't get sacked for buying IBM"..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

mrgds

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is me coming back to my computer and opening up my trading account (except I'm female and have a little bit more hair on my head).

View attachment 56363
... and on your tootsies.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Damo4

Regular
I think Peter knows his done the hard work and put people in places to continue the great work his done previously,
Peter knows his got a great team to take this company into the future ,I hope his around to see the company reach its heights
Do you know the difference between the word "his" and "he's?"

• Haha

TECH

Regular

Peter maybe "semi-retired" but he's still involved, not only with Adam, Barry and especially Alan but also I'd suggest from two WA locations,
one being his main residence and the other within country WA.

Peter spoke to me in glowing terms of his replacement, and although I can't say for sure, I'd suspect that Peter and Tony are in regular contact
discussing technical viewpoints to continue moving Brainchip's groundbreaking technology forward.

We are in excellent hands, I'm sure many other companies wish that they were in our position quietly !

Thanks...Tech.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
Thnx DB .......... yes i do know that.
So you would agree with @David holland just posted?
I think he meant well, but can understand people like the Pom getting pissed at his ending comment, because you just don't say shit like that...

AKIDA is Peter's baby, but it's a product of more than "just" his hard work too..

The whole BrainChip team, has been responsible for our technical success and our financial success in the Future, as well.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Peter maybe "semi-retired" but he's still involved, not only with Adam, Barry and especially Alan but also I'd suggest from two WA locations,
one being his main residence and the other within country WA.

Peter spoke to me in glowing terms of his replacement, and although I can't say for sure, I'd suspect that Peter and Tony are in regular contact
discussing technical viewpoints to continue moving Brainchip's groundbreaking technology forward.

We are in excellent hands, I'm sure many other companies wish that they were in our position quietly !

Thanks...Tech.
100 % my post wasn't wishing bad will,
But once again saying Sean has got a excellent team and was probably keen to look beyond Peters yrs

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

JB49

Regular
https://www.nextplatform.com/2017/06/26/u-s-military-sees-future-neuromorphic-computing/

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2020/...morphic-computing-under-u-s-air-force-effort/

A couple of old articles. But it highlights that the AFRL have been researching neuromorphic computing since 2008. And states in one of the articles that the AFRL is working to develop neuromorphic computing for possible use in drones in the next 5 years.

They were working with IBM and Intel Back then. But we know Brainchip are working with AFRL through ISL. With IBM and Loihi being nowhere near ready, it looks like we are in the driving seat

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Do you know the difference between the word "his" and "he's?"
The bottomline is Brainchip can make mistakes with typo's and your invested your money with them, but you want to have a go at me,
Do you know how many people out there that are hungry and are successful and can't read or write.
Next time pick your fights carefully ,I have never picked you so why now for you,
You don't like me Mute me or your not that bright to do that

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think he meant well, but can understand people like the Pom getting pissed at his ending comment, because you just don't say shit like that...

AKIDA is Peter's baby, but it's a product of more than "just" his hard work too..

The whole BrainChip team, has been responsible for our technical success and our financial success in the Future, as well.
Brainchip is a team, Peter is the genius, but going forward you need a team all on board to take this company to the nxt level, Our previous CEO Did a job but his time was up, Sean is the right man for the job

Diogenese

Top 20
Bit of news on the Loyal Wingman/Ghost Bat front, autonomous flight:

Funding boost for lethal Ghost Bat drone project as defence minister confirms new armed drone will be introduced this year​

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...E&cvid=0d170d6854414868969b25777a8e0956&ei=59

Australia will introduce a new armed drone into service this year, which is expected to be similar to the technology being widely used in the Ukraine war.

Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy has confirmed work is underway on the secretive project, while unveiling a $400 million boost to a much larger unmanned aircraft program known as "Ghost Bat".
On Friday, Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy is expected to detail a significant further investment in the program, which is the first military combat aircraft to be designed, developed and manufactured in Australia in more than half a century.

The MQ-28A, or Ghost Bat, is a next-generation Collaborative Combat Aircraft that involves 55 Australian companies and has already received $600 million in public funding.

In March last year, the government agreed to a Defence Strategic Review recommendation to prioritise the MQ-28A program for collaborative development with the United States, meaning it can more easily share classified information with Australia's closest military ally.

Two years ago, MQ-28A conducted its first secretive test flight at Woomera, and the ABC has now obtained vision of a more recent training exercise involving the aircraft at an undisclosed location in Australia

Loyal defence 'wingman' drones get extra $399 million​

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...TE&cvid=effe758eaa19451fa1f089760259dff6&ei=3

Funding for a next-generation drone that will act as "loyal wingman" for the Australian Defence Force will be boosted by $399 million.

Defence Industry Minister Pat Conroy on Friday announced the extra money for the development of the Ghost Bat uncrewed aircraft, building on a preview investment of $600 million and taking the total spend to almost $1 billion.
The next phase of the Ghost Bat program is to develop technology to allow the drone(s) to work together and with other crewed aircraft, including the Super Hornet or Wedgetail to complete missions as one team.

The Ghost Bat is being designed to act as a "loyal wingman" by protecting and supporting Australian military assets and pilots.

Mr Conroy said he expected the drones to be tested at a demonstration exercise next year

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton said the coalition backed the investment.

"There's not only sort of a domestic benefit but this will enhance our global reputation," he told Nine's Today.

"It's a great outcome and we support it very much."

Under an agreement with the US, technology will be shared between the two countries to help fast-track the aircraft's manufacture.

More than 55 Australian companies are contributing to the Ghost Bat program, with 70 per cent of program spending going to local industry

Among other things, Ghost Bat is supposed to take one for the team, but what if "I'm sorry Dave ... "

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Sh*t a brick! I might have got something right for once! Well, I'll be darned...😝
This started out as something else, but it's turned out to be about Rain Ai again.

It's easy to understand the allure of analog, as, in theory, analog is a direct "analog" of the neuronal system. Hence much of the early attempts at electronic neurons and academic research has focused on analog. Some small 1-bit analog systems may have achieved tantalizingly passable results, but the accumulating error limits their development.

Analog neurons work by summing the currents through controllable impedances called ReRAMS, The currents are applied to a summing impedance so the voltage across that impedance is proportional to the sum of the ReRAM currents. Measuring that voltage is supposed to provide a count of the number of ReRAMs through which current has flowed into the summing impedance. The problem is that the ReRAM impedances and the summing impedances are not uniform but suffer from defects such as manufacturing variability.

One notable failure of an attempt to even more closely mimic the wetware neuron using analog is Rain AI, which initially sought to reproduce the complexity of neuronal connexions by the use of insulated nanowires with random connections.

https://www.eetimes.com/rain-neuromorphics-tapes-out-demo-chip-for-analog-ai/

https://www.eetimes.com/rain-demonstrates-ai-training-on-analog-chip/

Neurons can have 10,000 connexions. The human brain's configuration, the neuronal connexions, are determined by DNA and sensory experience. For example, the autonomous activations of breathing and heart beat are pre-programmed into the brain as it develops. The sensory wiring is in part preprogrammed. This is determined by genetic code, not by randomness.

The Rain inventors hoped that the system could be trained to recognize coherent data by feeding large amounts of activations into the system until it learned something, thereby inventing infinite-shot learning.

Because the brain can learn instantaneously, it is clear that new physical connexions cannot be grown instantaneously, so existing connexions must be involved in learning. This suggests that neurons include dormant connexions, some of which are activated when new data is learned. This is imitated by the "weights" of the artificial neuron. In an electronic brain, the weights can be electronically switched on and off, allowing the neuron to be repurposed when the neural network is programmed with a new model, whereas, in a natural brain, the group of activated weight synapses must be retained to store the data in memory. Assuming that neurons can be involved in remembering more than one item, this suggests that different groups of synapses connected to a neuron are activated when different data is being recognized. So a programmed synapse has a permanent ON memory function and a switchable ON/OFF control responsive to activations. The activation data determines which group of synapses and their weights are switched on.

An interesting thing is that the brain has the capability to stimulate memories without external activation.

At the beginning nof 2022, Rain still planned to go ahead with the analog random nanowire synapses:

"Rain’s vision is a fully analog, asynchronous, ultra-low power, tileable, scalable chip with capacity for 100 billion parameters that can imitate the human brain. While this work used a crossbar memristor array, Rain’s hardware roadmap still includes migration to randomly connected ReRAM cells as the technology matures."

Rain Demonstrates AI Training on Analog Chip - EE Times

Remember that, in 2019, Sam Altman agreed to buy $M51 of Rain's chips off the drawing board:
OpenAI Agreed to Buy $51 Million of AI Chips From a Startup Backed by CEO Sam Altman | WIRED

OpenAI in 2019 signed a nonbinding agreement to spend $51 million on the chips when they became available, according to a copy of the deal and Rain disclosures to investors this year, seen by WIRED. Rain told investors that Altman had personally invested more than $1 million in the company. The letter of intent has not been previously reported.

Having spent, no doubt, many hours unsuccessfully attempting to achieve the Frankenstein moment, Rain now boasts the virtues of its yet-to-see-daylight digital NN:

https://rain.ai/products ,
https://rain.ai/
"We're building the most efficient hardware for AI."

https://rain.ai/products
"We offer IP licensing opportunities for Rain’s digital in-memory compute tile and software stack across a range of compute use cases.

The IP is tailored to on-device AI workloads requiring ultra-low latency and high energy efficiency.
"

and licences in interconnection IP from Arteris,

https://ir.arteris.com/news-release...teris-selected-rain-ai-use-next-generation-ai

Arteris Selected by Rain AI for Use in the Next Generation of AI​

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:45 AM EST
PDF Version

Optimizing on-chip mesh connectivity with Arteris’ FlexNoC 5 physically aware network-on-chip enables Rain AI to realize faster data transfers at ultra-low power to achieve record performance for Generative AI and Edge AI computing at scale​

It seems their much-vaunted first generation analog random nanowire experiment sank without trace and it's all hands to the pumps in the digital lifeboat.
Timing certainly makes sense @Diogenese .

I'm keen to see what takes place at Intel's next foundary event on the 21 Feb 2024. Sam Altman will be in attendance as he is purportedly looking for chip partners, which begs the question why would he feel the need to find other chip partners if he didn't have confidence in Rain AI's ability to deliver.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users
Hi All

On 19 December, 2023 I posted my then updated list of 50 companies and institutions which have been confirmed as engaged with Brainchip either by Press Release, academic papers, ASX announcements or direct communications with the Director Investor Relations or the CEO Sean Hehir.

Today I updated my list with the disclosures since 19 December, 2023 and it has now reached 55 so I thought as new or potential investors could be looking at Brainchip as a result of this weeks price action it might be a useful first step before they dig into Neuromorphia’s magnum opus via ‘Brainchip AKIDA Ecosystem’ thread:

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

5. TATA Consulting Services

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

19. BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

23. INFORMATION SYSTEM LABORATORIES

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO SILICONE

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEM

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

35. CIRCLE8 CLEAN TECHNOLOGIES

36. AVID GROUP

37. TATA ELXSI

38. GMAC INTELLIGENCE

39. EDGX

40. EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY

41 UNIGEN

42. iniVation

43. SAHOMA CONTROLWARE

44. MAGIK EYE

45. MYWAI

46. INFINEON

47. ERICSSON

48. MICROCHIP

49. ONSEMI

50. University of Virginia

51. University of Oklahoma

52. Arizona State University

53. Carnegie Mellon University

54. Rochester Institute of Technology

55. Drexel University

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 96 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
The Czech Republic as a European semiconductor center: Škoda Auto is expanding its innovation partnership with semiconductor manufacturer onsemi

› Through the ongoing strategic partnership with onsemi as one of the leading players in the semiconductor industry in the Czech Republic, the automobile manufacturer underlines the importance of technological innovations for the widespread introduction of electric vehicles

› Many Volkswagen Group brands achieve valuable synergies thanks to the continued cooperation with onsemi

› onsemi is one of the leading companies for intelligent energy and sensor technologies with extensive know-how in silicon carbide technology and image sensing – key areas for future state-of-the-art Škoda models

Through the ongoing strategic partnership with onsemi, Škoda Auto underlines how important continuous technological innovation is for the progress of the automotive industry. At a meeting in Prague, Karsten Schnake, Škoda Auto Board Member for Procurement and head of the cross-brand and cross-divisional task force COMPASS (Cross Operational Management Parts & Supply Security) for the Volkswagen Group, and Hassane El-Khoury, President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of onsemi, spoke about the importance of semiconductors for the automotive industry. Both emphasized that these components will rapidly become more important in the coming years as consumers demand more autonomous features and a shift toward electrification. Together, both companies want to make a lasting contribution to strengthening the Czech Republic's position as a European semiconductor center.

Karsten Schnake, Škoda Auto board member for procurement and head of the cross-brand and cross-divisional task force COMPASS (Cross Operational Management Parts & Supply Security) for the Volkswagen Group, explains: “Semiconductors are key innovation drivers for us as a car manufacturer. They enable us to equip our customers' vehicles with attractive assistance systems and are considered the key to our further change towards e-mobility. By working closely with our suppliers along the entire value chain and our new partners in the semiconductor industry, we ensure that we always have access to state-of-the-art semiconductors to offer our customers excellent products. We at Škoda and the entire Volkswagen Group are achieving great synergies through the strategic partnership with onsemi.”

Hassane El-Khoury, CEO of onsemi, said: “onsemi continues to develop its smart energy and sensor technologies to enable car manufacturers to develop safer and more energy efficient vehicles. By using our technologies, automobile manufacturers such as Škoda and the Volkswagen Group can provide today’s users with state-of-the-art driver assistance functions and further accelerate the transformation to electrification.”

Innovation drivers from the Czech Republic

Together with the Volkswagen Group and partners from business and politics, Škoda Auto is committed to establishing its home country of the Czech Republic as an e-mobility hub. The semiconductor industry is considered a central pillar in this overarching project. onsemi plays a key role in the project. The company currently employs more than 2,200 people in the Czech Republic in various areas such as crystal growth and wafer production as well as in two design centers.

The Czech Republic is currently strengthening its position as a semiconductor center and – together with the neighboring German state of Saxony – is already one of the pacesetters in the semiconductor industry in the European Union.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

wasMADX

Regular
I don't wish to be a killjoy, but, on a quick count, page 3820 of this thread has 18 posts and 10 of those are uninformative.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
The bottomline is Brainchip can make mistakes with typo's and your invested your money with them, but you want to have a go at me,
Do you know how many people out there that are hungry and are successful and can't read or write.
Next time pick your fights carefully ,I have never picked you so why now for you,
You don't like me Mute me or your not that bright to do that
Do you know the difference between the words your and you’re?

• Love
  • Sad

wilzy123

Founding Member
Dollarbucks

CONGRATULATIONS. You are well on your way to becoming the the leading forum DH. The existing leader might have something to say about that though. Perhaps you can negotiate with @David holland over the weekend.

1000020905.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom