BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dhm

Regular
View attachment 3595
response from Luminar
View attachment 3596

I reached out to Luminar to see if they are working with us.
If they werent working with us - I would have expected an answer like No, we arent working with Brainchip or No, we arent working with Brainchip at this point (Thats what WBT had replied about a year or 2 back). This reply makes me wonder ???
Ha! Thats a coincidence, I did too.
Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 1.53.35 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Ha! Thats a coincidence, I did too.
View attachment 3599

I suppose you could always reply to Trey very discretely with this snippet here. Just to let him know quite subtly of course, that the significant practical applications may not be as far off as he thinks. 🥕

PS: As an investor with Luminar I'm sure you want them to get jiggy with the best tech. 🦓

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 3.06.36 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Dhm

Regular
I was really surprised at her comment about neuromorphic. She said:

I did spend a fair amount of time at Intel where we worked on neuromorphic computing chips (I believe Akida is using a neuromorphic framework). It’s a very interesting and promising field of research, but I think significant practical applications are a ways off.

I don't think so. They are here, now and anyone in the profession that doesn't know and understand that will be an afterthought in computing history.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users
I suppose you could always reply to Trey very discretely with this snippet here. Just to let him know quite subtly of course, that the significant practical applications may not be as far off as he thinks. 🥕

View attachment 3605
I think Treys confused between Intel’s Loihi abilities and Brainchips Akida!

His second reply was a bit better thought out than his first one which was a non-answer!
1648787759851.gif

I’m only joking…more a dot than a link!

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

newpunta

Regular
I have bin watching the share trades today ........... can't help myself and just have to say
wat a load of cock n bull.
Refuse to be shaken ........ and again forced to buy when that order was hit upon at .905 recently.
Not complaining cos my holding keeps incresing.
Contrarian thinking is my nature ............. but this my friends is just common sense to me :)

Reactions: 2 users
I think Treys confused between Intel’s Loihi abilities and Brainchips Akida!

His second reply was a bit better thought out than his first one which was a non-answer!
View attachment 3607

I’m only joking…more a dot than a link!
I think Trey is a master of diversion.

I do not know who Trey is at Luminar but if Luminar is trying to corner the Mercedes Benz Lidar use market, as is clear they are, then I cannot believe that they have not read most if not everything there is to know about Mercedes and the EQXX and in so doing stumbled across the fact it was using neuromorphic computing in some form. The reference to Mercedes being in bed with Nvidia for its GPU is an attempt at slight of hand as the GPU is not neuromorphic compute.

The biggest clue in all of this is for some reason Trey with all the neuromorphic experience gained at Intel has been brought over to Luminar to do what, Von Neumann compute. This is not logical. There is one solid fact in this and that is Intel's Loihi is definitely a ways off from having a practical application. Trey knows about AKIDA and we know Brainchip employees get on with and have friendships with Intel employees who work in the neuromorphic space. Trey is not credible as to the lack of knowledge about AKIDA being commercially available.

I do not believe that Luminar is working with Valeo however I am not convinced that Brainchip is not working with Valeo or Luminar. Perhaps @Diogenese can find us a patent or two where Luminar detail the chip that they have used to build their unique Lidar from the ground up.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

Hey ummm.. this doesn't look right at all... When I clicked on the "neuromorphic computing" link in this article, I fully expected it to land on something describing BrianChip, but instead it takes me to Intel???!!!!!!!!

Better call Saul! Or if Saul's not available, perhaps Fact Finder could assist?⛑️

Extract
The EQXX still uses Mercedes' voice control system, but it's now infused with AI. Working with a machine learning company, the car uses neuromorphic computing which thinks more like a human to reduce energy consumption while running commands.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Hey ummm.. this doesn't look right at all... When I clicked on the "neuromorphic computing" link in this article, I fully expected it to land on something describing BrianChip, but instead it takes me to Intel???!!!!!!!!

Better call Saul! Or if Saul's not available, perhaps Fact Finder could assist?⛑️

Extract
The EQXX still uses Mercedes' voice control system, but it's now infused with AI. Working with a machine learning company, the car uses neuromorphic computing which thinks more like a human to reduce energy consumption while running commands.

Now that is very naughty. Intel have no doubt paid for this to occur. Brainchip is clearly getting too, too much traction and attention in the market place. Best news I have had all day. 🤣😂🤣😂😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

Extract

It doesn't really make sense for a link about "neuromorphic computing" to go to a page on a companies website about a specific product - since the link is referring to the concept of neuromorphic computing, not Intel Loihi. A poor choice by the author perhaps?

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Now that is very naughty. Intel have no doubt paid for this to occur. Brainchip is clearly getting too, too much traction and attention in the market place. Best news I have had all day. 🤣😂🤣😂😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just had a thought and checked date of the article which is 3.1.22.

This deception pissed off Mercedes and this is the reason they decided to reveal Brainchip was the brains behind the EQXX Hey Mercedes.

German integrity shining through.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Diogenese

Top 20

I did spend a fair amount of time at Intel where we worked on neuromorphic computing chips (I believe Akida is using a neuromorphic framework). It’s a very interesting and promising field of research, but I think significant practical applications are a ways off.

I don't think so. They are here, now and anyone in the profession that doesn't know and understand that will be an afterthought in computing history.
... just omitted to say "at Intel" at the end.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
What does a hospital and a Brainchip investor both need to be successful?

———— 😂

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Cyw

Regular

While the chip is ready but the space ships, auto-drive cars etc may take a few years to fully utilize AI technology in a safe and functional manner. I was hoping that some small and non-critical applications like toys and household items may come first. How cool it is to have an AI toy that can see or hear what you are doing or saying and respond correspondingly. At $15 a chip, it is very feasible.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Extract

It seems that Trey is toeing the party line in implying that Loihi is state-of-the-art in neuromorphic computing.

Just on a side note, the article mentions the use of wheel covers. This is made possible by regenerative braking - an electrical generator driven by the kinetic energy of the vehicle being converted to electricity to charge the battery instead of the friction of conventional brakes being dissipated as heat.

———— 😂

That'ud be a misspelling!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

———— 😂

I was going to say morphine but I have a feeling that the correct answer is a little more likely to be patience. 🥴🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20
I am sure this has been noted already, but here it is again. We know that Information Systems Laboratories was a BrainChip Early Access Partner and we know that they are collaborating with BrainChip on the development of a radar system for the Air Force Research Laboratory. If you take a close look at ISL's website you will find the following:

Neuromorphic Engineering and Artificial Intelligence​

ISL is focused on replicating the analog nature of biological computation and the role of neurons in cognition. ISL’s team of scientists/engineers continue to understand how the morphology of individual neurons, circuits, applications, and overall architectures creates desirable computations. Leveraging this understanding and the newly developed and emerging commercial neuromorphic chips, ISL is developing a new low-power, lightweight detect and avoid (DAA) system for very small UAS platforms that exploits automotive radar hardware, light-weight EO/IR sensors, advanced data fusion algorithms, and neuromorphic computing.

This is just another example of a really smart company that is successful in the technological field, that does its research, and that has chosen BrainChip's Akida as the product that it needs. ISL, Renesas, MegaChips, NASA, Valeo, Vorago........how much more obvious does it have to become before others wake up to what blind Freddy can see, that BrainChip is on a path to historical success and dominance in the field of artificial intelligence.

Really is special being a part of the BrainChip community on TSex. We know what much of the World does not.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

LordFoul

Five bottles of beer on the wall
Brainchip knows the beer
and decides which I like most by face recognition, heartbeat and joyous sensoring

Right now tis Colonial Pale Ale from Western Australia, a long way from Brissy

an hav a good weekend.

Been chipped

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

LordFoul

beenchipped.com is available

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
How did I forget to add Mercedes? That is unforgivable

Reactions: 6 users