BRN Discussion Ongoing

MrNick

Regular
What does a hospital and a Brainchip investor both need to be successful?

———— 😂

Have a good weekend everyone!
Indeed. The patience of saints.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Ford smart traffic lights

SMART ENVIRONMENTS

Ford
ACCoRDimage2-877x432.jpg

Ford Testing Smart Traffic Lights for Emergency Vehicles​

The technology could eliminate response delays and reduce accident risk
  • Written by Graham Hope
  • 30th March 2022

Ford is testing connected tech for traffic lights that could save lives.
The company’s European arm has been working on trials of traffic light systems that automatically go green when they’re aware of ambulances, fire engines and police vehicles approaching.
It’s hoped the tech can eliminate potentially fatal delays at junctions as first responders race to emergencies – and also reduce the risk of accidents on the occasions they have to drive through red lights.
Ultimately, the tech could provide the basis for a system that improves traffic flow for all road users.
The tests were conducted on a road in Aachen, Germany, with eight sets of traffic lights, including two stretches with three consecutive traffic lights just outside the city.
A Kuga plug-in hybrid equipped with C-V2X (Cellular Vehicle to Everything) tech was used in two different test scenarios – as an ambulance and an everyday passenger vehicle. The Kuga was fitted with on-board units (for communicating with the infrastructure) and rapid control prototyping hardware (for running the prototype software in the vehicle).
In its role as a first responder, the Kuga signaled to the traffic lights to turn green on its approach. Once it had passed through the junction, the traffic lights returned to standard operation.

For its test of normal, daily driving situations, the SUV was informed by the lights when they would turn from red to green and from green to red. The Kuga then used Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to adapt its speed to try to ensure it encountered a green light.
When the traffic light was red, the Kuga’s speed was reduced – for example from 50 kph (31 mph) to 30 kph (16 mph) – well in advance of the junction to increase the likelihood of arrival at the moment the light turned green.
When the timing pattern dictated the Kuga would arrive at the traffic light when it was red, ACC slowed the car down which meant idling time was lessened and congestion reduced.
Among Ford’s partners on the project, which ran from January 2020 to March this year, were the RWTH University Aachen, Vodafone, Straßen.NRW (the road authority for North Rhine Westphalia) and the City of Aachen.
“Exchanging data between cars, emergency vehicles and traffic lights in real time using the latest mobile phone technology makes road traffic safer and more efficient,” said Michael Reinartz, director, Consumer Services and Innovation, Vodafone Germany. “Intelligent traffic light control helps save lives when every second counts and also reduces unnecessary waiting times and cuts CO2 emissions.”

The potential for smarter traffic lights is also being investigated by Tel-Aviv-based NoTrafficwhich has developed an AI-powered traffic signal platform that operates autonomously to increase safety and improve traffic efficiency
"Ultimately, the tech could provide the basis for a system that improves traffic flow for all road users"

Wouldn't that be nice 😉
Traffic lights that actually control "traffic"..
It's only 2022, maybe I expect too much 🤔...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Unless a juicy announcement drops beforehand, it’s my opinion that we should enjoy a wonderful payday in 27 - 29 days time.

Avagoodweekend peoples.

Pantene!

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Iseki

Regular
Is there an impending Porsche IPO and will this quicken the pace to using Akida?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
beenchipped.com is available
Watch out for Covenant....He's a believer. :)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
While the chip is ready but the space ships, auto-drive cars etc may take a few years to fully utilize AI technology in a safe and functional manner. I was hoping that some small and non-critical applications like toys and household items may come first. How cool it is to have an AI toy that can see or hear what you are doing or saying and respond correspondingly. At $15 a chip, it is very feasible.
Afternoon Cyw,

One word,

D I L D O N I C S .

Esq.

• Haha

Cyw

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
While there are no direct links to Brainchip I really like the tone of the comments from the new Volvo CEO Jim Rohan. There is a lot of Synergy in his statements, focus and where he is placing value and What AKIDA has to offer. I also like his experience Blackberry (and lessons learnt) Dyson and now Volvo.

He seems to get it... one can wonder right

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
It seems that Trey is toeing the party line in implying that Loihi is state-of-the-art in neuromorphic computing.

Just on a side note, the article mentions the use of wheel covers. This is made possible by regenerative braking - an electrical generator driven by the kinetic energy of the vehicle being converted to electricity to charge the battery instead of the friction of conventional brakes being dissipated as heat.

That'ud be a misspelling!
Homophones though.

I don't have patients. I want it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Eh, how does it work?
Cyw,

AKIDA1000 ,One shot learning.

One can not imagine the AKIDA3000, with
Coital columns .

Esq.

• Thinking
I am sure this has been noted already, but here it is again. We know that Information Systems Laboratories was a BrainChip Early Access Partner and we know that they are collaborating with BrainChip on the development of a radar system for the Air Force Research Laboratory. If you take a close look at ISL's website you will find the following:

Neuromorphic Engineering and Artificial Intelligence​

ISL is focused on replicating the analog nature of biological computation and the role of neurons in cognition. ISL’s team of scientists/engineers continue to understand how the morphology of individual neurons, circuits, applications, and overall architectures creates desirable computations. Leveraging this understanding and the newly developed and emerging commercial neuromorphic chips, ISL is developing a new low-power, lightweight detect and avoid (DAA) system for very small UAS platforms that exploits automotive radar hardware, light-weight EO/IR sensors, advanced data fusion algorithms, and neuromorphic computing.

This is just another example of a really smart company that is successful in the technological field, that does its research, and that has chosen BrainChip's Akida as the product that it needs. ISL, Renesas, MegaChips, NASA, Valeo, Vorago........how much more obvious does it have to become before others wake up to what blind Freddy can see, that BrainChip is on a path to historical success and dominance in the field of artificial intelligence.

Really is special being a part of the BrainChip community on TSex. We know what much of the World does not.
Blind Freddie said I had to give a heart for this post. LOL

On a different note I have grabbed out the following paragraph:

“very small UAS platforms that exploits automotive radar hardware, light-weight EO/IR sensors, advanced data fusion algorithms, and neuromorphic computing.”

ISL is taking automotive radar hardware that is already in the market and making it smart in accordance with the Brainchip mantra - we don’t make sensors we make them smart - and if as it seems on a balance of probabilities that they do take this automotive radar and make it smart enough for the US Airforce it seems reasonable that it would be immediately marketable in the automotive industry.

The sales pitch: “You know that dumb as bat droppings radar sensor, we have the same one but it’s now smart and uses hardly any power, and reduces overall system energy cost by 5 to 10 times over the competition.” “Is it any good?” “Mate it’s used by the US Airforce. It’s using the smarts that NASA and Mercedes use. It’s hot as. But you can have the dumb one if you want.”

This kind of kicks mud in the faces of those over at that other place who constantly denied the financial value of these NASA and DARPA relationships.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Iseki

Regular
I'd love to see us put some Akida chips in our Bushmasters before we send them off around the world.

• Fire

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Just had a thought and checked date of the article which is 3.1.22.

This deception pissed off Mercedes and this is the reason they decided to reveal Brainchip was the brains behind the EQXX Hey Mercedes.

German integrity shining through.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Maybe Intel just broke cover? They may have decided it's too hard to get up to speed with BrainChip? Like, if you can't beat them, join them? 🤞

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Yak52

Regular
It seems that Trey is toeing the party line in implying that Loihi is state-of-the-art in neuromorphic computing.

Just on a side note, the article mentions the use of wheel covers. This is made possible by regenerative braking - an electrical generator driven by the kinetic energy of the vehicle being converted to electricity to charge the battery instead of the friction of conventional brakes being dissipated as heat.

That'ud be a misspelling!
it seems that Trey is toeing the party line in implying that Loihi is state-of-the-art in neuromorphic computing. - Dio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it would seem its a case of ALL THINGS - INTEL. (only)

In the early hours of this morning (Fri) I was up watching some CNBC and they had an interview between Cramer & another person. It was all about INTEL and its position in the world of (IoT).
Cramer was stating the obvious that INTELs best days are behind it and that it is trading on its name only. The "other" person was a fanatic "all things are INTEL" person which made it very interesting to watch.
Crammers position was that even with Government (sponsership) (ie: Grants), that INTELS net Profit ($19.8 Bil) was not enough to venture into the world of FABs and how was it going to finance all this especially when INTEL is sliding behind in the CHIP world being quickly outpaced by others in this field.
(BRN came to mind here! Go AKIDA. lol)
We have known for some time (several years) how INTEL has not succeeded in the Neuromorphic Chip arena with anything more than a research chip with limited abilities. We have talked about how INTEL has fallen behind regardless of its R&D budget and sizable asset base!
It would SEEM that many others have begun to notice this fact also and that by just invoking the name INTEL does not mean the product is the market leader or even in the running now days! About time for this recognition.

To many IoT people and industry "experts" have treated INTEL as a god and only bother to use them as case reference material instead of doing some real research and discovering other companies and products (like Brainchip) are out there and have left INTEL behind in their dust!

Crammer was actually suggesting that INTEL and also Pat were doing a lack lustre job at best and there were stormy seas in front of both in the near future! Being the "rescuer" of the USA for Chip production was not going to be easy nor guaranteed it would seem.

Interesting world we live in. How the big can fall.

Yak52
ps. I have always had INTEL as CPU in my computers but next time will be looking elsewhere.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Iseki

Regular
Is there an impending Porsche IPO and will this quicken the pace to using Akida?
My thinking is that the current owners, should they want to sell it off as they seem to be saying, would want to dress it up as a Tesla alternative. Sadly, they wont have the time to develop their own AV setup and should be forced to grab what there is currently out there that can give them some cachet. Who else could they turn to?

• Thinking
  • Wow

TechGirl

Founding Member
"Ultimately, the tech could provide the basis for a system that improves traffic flow for all road users"

Wouldn't that be nice 😉
Traffic lights that actually control "traffic"..
It's only 2022, maybe I expect too much 🤔...

Hey DB,

It would be wonderful, I was waiting at the lights just the other day, absolutely no cars going through and I was thinking come on world hurry up and implement Brainchip, I had an important date with a rum and coke and the dumb lights were holding me up

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by BBC

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What about zero shot learning? If BRN achieved one shot then I'm guessing HRL and BRN might be working together.. both in California and have cited each others work..aimo dyor nfa etc etc

Sorry i forgot attachmenthttps://www.hrl.com/news/2019/08/19/amazing-system-will-enable-autonomous-systems-to-identify-unknown-images
Hi Alfie,

A term from mining shares - nearology.

HRL's zero-shot learning is software-intensive ( WO2021118697A1, WO2020159638).

HRL are long on memristors (US11238335B2).

1648807258033.png

WO2021118697A1 PROCESS TO LEARN NEW IMAGE CLASSES WITHOUT LABELS

1648806334383.png

Described is a system for learning object labels for control of an autonomous platform. Pseudo-task optimization is performed to identify an optimal pseudo-task for each source model of one or more source models. An initial target network is trained using the optimal pseudo-task. Source image components are extracted from source models, and an attribute dictionary of attributes is generated from the source image components. Using zero-shot attribution distillation, the unlabeled target data is aligned with the source models similar to the unlabeled target data. The unlabeled target data are mapped onto attributes in the attribute dictionary. A new target network is generated from the mapping, and the new target network is used to assign an object label to an object in the unlabeled target data. The autonomous platform is controlled based on the object label.

WO2020159638A1 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR UNSUPERVISED DOMAIN ADAPTATION VIA SLICED-WASSERSTEIN DISTANCE

1648806129846.png

Described is a system for unsupervised domain adaptation in an autonomous learning agent. The system adapts a learned model with a set of unlabeled data from a target domain, resulting in an adapted model. The learned model was previously trained to perform a task using a set of labeled data from a source domain. The set of labeled data has a first input data distribution, and the set of unlabeled target data has a second input data distribution that is distinct from the first input data distribution. The adapted model is implemented in the autonomous learning agent, causing the autonomous learning agent to perform the task in the target domain.

US11238335B2 Active memristor based spiking neuromorphic circuit for motion detection

1648806835739.png

A motion-sensing circuit for determining a direction of motion and a velocity of an object includes a first photo-receptor for sensing the object, an excitatory active memristor neuron circuit coupled to the first photo-receptor, a second photo-receptor for sensing the object, an inhibitory active memristor neuron circuit coupled to the second photo-receptor, and a self-excitatory active memristor output-counter neuron circuit coupled to the excitatory active memristor neuron circuit and coupled to the inhibitory active memristor neuron circuit.

Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hey DB,

It would be wonderful, I was waiting at the lights just the other day, absolutely no cars going through and I was thinking come on world hurry up and implement Brainchip, I had an important date with a rum and coke and the dumb lights were holding me up

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by BBC
Silly girl,

That's why nostrils come in pairs.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

JB49

Regular
Another 4 new job ads posted yesterday on Linkedin. Including a senior accountant to count all that $$$

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 39 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Haha
Top Bottom