BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dallas

Regular
This article is very interesting, especially the sentence pretty much at the end, imagine devices such as smart doorbells.In addition, Panasonic equals Socionext, very interesting as a customer of ours.šŸ¤”

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Unless a juicy announcement drops beforehand, itā€™s my opinion that we should enjoy a wonderful payday in 27 - 29 days time.

Avagoodweekend peoples.

Pantene!
@RobjHunt what are you speculating will occur at the end of April ?
I know that the quarterly is due then

TechGirl

Founding Member
Other countries aren't suffering from the lack of ai from what I hear... just stupid government people. I think they like frustrating people. They don't want happy people..šŸ¤Ø
Yes thereā€™s lots of stupid governments around the globe hopefully akida will make them smarter

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

RobjHunt

Regular
@RobjHunt what are you speculating will occur at the end of April ?
I know that the quarterly is due then
Hey TT77, certainly not speculating. Yep, the quarterlies. Due to the NDAā€™s & EAPā€™s & ABCā€™s an AEIOUā€™s (sorry, might have gone too far there šŸ˜‰) itā€™s my opinion that then is an assumption of an assured payday

I may very well be wrong but I donā€™t think so āœŒļø

Pantene!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its bicepsšŸ’Ŗ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JK200SX

Regular
OK? It's late and I don't really get it. Why do balls come in pairs then?
Dunno, but here's another one...... Why can't gypsies have babies?

Diogenese

Top 20
My thinking is they are mining very close to AKIDA califirnication territory šŸ¤” cahoots perhaps?

You don't just step down from one to none without knowing something, plus there's 100 NDAS šŸ˜ and I'm liking my dot join to HRL labs..afterall PVDM cited their spiking neural networks patent from 2012 in 2025 from memory šŸ¤“šŸ˜˜

The concept of zero-shot learning has been around for a few years as explained in the HRL patent I cited. In this document, the zero-shot learning process is software intensive carried out on a programmable computer.

WO2021118697A1 PROCESS TO LEARN NEW IMAGE CLASSES WITHOUT LABELS

[00043] The following references are cited and incorporated throughout this application. For clarity and convenience, the references are listed herein as a central resource for the reader. The following references are hereby incorporated by reference as though fully set forth herein. The references are cited in the application by referring to the corresponding literature reference number, as follows: 1. Xian, Y., Schiele, B. and Akata, Z., 2017. Zero-shot learning-the good, the bad and the ugly. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.4582-4591 ...

[00067] (3.5) Step 5: Zero-Shot Attribute Distillation (element 508)

[00068] Given the attributes from the sources in the attribute dictionary (element 540), the initial target network (element 526), and the source models, the unlabeled target data (element 522) needs to be processed so that the unlabeled target data (element 522) maps onto the right set of attributes (i.e., map target data onto abstract attributes (element 542). To achieve this mapping, the closest source model or models is selected based on the SSG (element 516) and then a zero-shot attribute distillation method (element 544) is used to align the sources with the target. Alignment happens by learning a shared latent space for the source and target models that is predictive of the attributes for the source data and simultaneously generative of the target data. As a result, there is a new target network (element 546) that maps target data onto a probability distribution over the abstract attributes in the attribute dictionary (element 540). This distribution can then be mapped onto a label or sentence. Note that in all of these five steps, not a single training label was used to assign labels to data from a new domain

Claim 1. A system for learning object labels for control of an autonomous platform, the system comprising:
one or more processors and a non-transitory computer-readable medium having executable instructions encoded thereon such that when executed, the one or more processors perform operations of:
performing pseudo-task optimization to identify an optimal pseudo-task for each source model of one or more source models;
training an initial target network with self-supervised learning using the optimal pseudo-task;
extracting a plurality of source image components from the one or more source models;
generating an attribute dictionary of abstract attributes from the plurality of source image components;
using zero-shot attribution distillation, aligning a set of unlabeled target data with the one or more source models that are similar to the set of unlabeled target data;
mapping the set of unlabeled target data onto a plurality of abstract attributes in the attribute dictionary; generating a new target network from the mapping;
using the new target network, assigning an object label to an object in the unlabeled target data; and controlling the autonomous platform based on the assigned object label

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

Listen to the entirety of this and you will see that some people have an unexpected set of balls.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
In case the first one is a fault.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
it seems that Trey is toeing the party line in implying that Loihi is state-of-the-art in neuromorphic computing. - Dio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it would seem its a case of ALL THINGS - INTEL. (only)

In the early hours of this morning (Fri) I was up watching some CNBC and they had an interview between Cramer & another person. It was all about INTEL and its position in the world of (IoT).
Cramer was stating the obvious that INTELs best days are behind it and that it is trading on its name only. The "other" person was a fanatic "all things are INTEL" person which made it very interesting to watch.
Crammers position was that even with Government (sponsership) (ie: Grants), that INTELS net Profit ($19.8 Bil) was not enough to venture into the world of FABs and how was it going to finance all this especially when INTEL is sliding behind in the CHIP world being quickly outpaced by others in this field.
(BRN came to mind here! Go AKIDA. lol)
We have known for some time (several years) how INTEL has not succeeded in the Neuromorphic Chip arena with anything more than a research chip with limited abilities. We have talked about how INTEL has fallen behind regardless of its R&D budget and sizable asset base!
It would SEEM that many others have begun to notice this fact also and that by just invoking the name INTEL does not mean the product is the market leader or even in the running now days! About time for this recognition.

To many IoT people and industry "experts" have treated INTEL as a god and only bother to use them as case reference material instead of doing some real research and discovering other companies and products (like Brainchip) are out there and have left INTEL behind in their dust!

Crammer was actually suggesting that INTEL and also Pat were doing a lack lustre job at best and there were stormy seas in front of both in the near future! Being the "rescuer" of the USA for Chip production was not going to be easy nor guaranteed it would seem.

Interesting world we live in. How the big can fall.

Yak52
ps. I have always had INTEL as CPU in my computers but next time will be looking elsewhere.
Finally someone who agrees with me about Intel. MOST except you seems to forget the following:

ā€œIn 2020, Intel was forced to admit that it would be severely delaying its 7nm node, recently rebranded as Intel 4. This precipitated an exodus of leadership and the admission that Intel might have to face the unthinkable and outsource its own manufacturing.29 July 2021ā€

They sacked the CEO and got a new one but in an organisation the size of Intel I doubt that the old or the new CEO were or are hands on in the foundry making the 7nm chips.

The idea that just because the US Government gives them subsidies that they will in a couple of years catch up TSMC or Samsung and have the ability to make 7, 5, 4 & 2nm.

I have believed that Intel is a dead man walking in the space it is trying desperately to occupy since 2020.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Because maybe males canā€™t be that silly with just one šŸ˜œ

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

• Fire

RobjHunt

Regular
  • Love

overpup

Regular
I was watching a movie on Netflix called "The ADAM Project" (Ryan Reynolds high-tech action thingy)
and they refer to "Neuromorphic Processors" to sound high tech and edgy- looks like its becoming a buzz word (words)

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Potato

Regular
This just poppped up on my facebook feed.. anyone else seem this? Subtly spotted the 'EQ' wording..hmm mercedes? Does this mean things are speeding up if they are marketing it now
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.19.31 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Graphene needed to send power back through whole system, just needs the brains/software to make it happen no?... remember dynamos on bikes for lights?
Those dynamos were so hard to fit to the bike . I got one for Christmas šŸŽ„ when I was around 12 . It was reduced to a very flat appearance after converting the screwdriver to a hammer after an hour of trying to get it to work . Graphene . šŸ˜Isnā€™t that an ingredient that is in our shots to protect us from the virus šŸ¦  and itā€™s variants.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Great article Dallas. Definitely a must read. Particularly the section about heat and the problems it creates and as you said the Panasonic quote below is very alluring with Socionext in the background:

ā€œAt the same time, as solutions miniaturize, it becomes not just about new applications, but new platforms as well,ā€ Jedynak says. ā€œTaking some host that previously had no intelligence and now adding smaller, lower power and more affordable compute and network capabilities. Think of a smart doorbell as an example. What becomes interesting and compelling is that once these capabilities become fielded, we then discover new ways of using them. Itā€™s about ubiquitous computing, just like we see in industrial and commercial applications, but introduced into the tactical edge. Now we can bring capabilities, tracking, built-in-test, sensing, etc., to platforms that previously had none.ā€

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

mrgds

Regular
I was going to say morphine but I have a feeling that the correct answer is a little more likely to be patience. šŸ„“šŸ„“
You mean, both the hospital and Brainchip need "patients" ..............šŸ™ƒšŸ˜˜

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom