• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

MDhere

Regular
I learnt a long time ago that academics proposing to provide a review of an entire area of science are having a lend and just trying to keep up their academic publication numbers which are apparently important in CV's for promotion in their world.

Poor old Peter van der Made would not get a job based on publications at the moment as he has been in stealth mode for years now.

I only posted the extract as being the easy read as I have searched for ages for someone prepared to encapsulate the outcome of understanding and creating a simulation of a cortical column. As for the maths I always assume that is correct and peer reviewed as I could not check it anyway.

The philosophy of whether we will ever understand the human brain using the human brain to derive an understanding and allowing for the variation in human brains and ongoing evolution is an intellectual quandary that I often mull over and cannot resolve. It does seem the more those engaged in this endeavour learn the less they know.

Personally I think that the human brain is a flawed model upon which to build useful artificial intelligence. The human brain makes mistakes constantly hence the saying "To err is human to forgive divine" or something like that. Being human not sure if I am misquoting but I will quote it nonetheless as I am using a flawed human brain to construct this response.

What use is an intelligent machine that perfectly mimics the human brain down to the making of inexplicable mistakes and the ego to keep going at it regardless.

In Autonomous EV's the push is in large part so that they can remove human drivers and eliminate accidents. Go figure that one out when you read about attempts to emulate the human brain to create truly autonomous vehicles. I am not Einstein but the logic breaks down in my opinion.

In short the artificial general intelligence that Peter van der Made is seeking must at some point divert from the position of fully replicating the human brain and as such a complete understanding of the human brain and how it works is unnecessary to this goal in my opinion but what would I know I am human after all and constantly right and wrong unless you ask my wife who will tell you I am constantly wrong unless I agree with her unless it comes to the law and investment and doing our tax planning.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanyou Ff for great bedside reading. Your great flawed brain is still very well tuned and whilst wrong by wifes perspective om some things you're right in keeping a wife like that😄 cause it makes life just that extra bit interestimg lol
I suspect at a.i with all its capabilities will also provide very interesting new ways for humanto learn more which is quite ironic as they were built by humans. So soon you live with your wife and "ken the robot" but make sure yr interest is shared as know you will also fall in love with ypur new a.i friend. Can't wait for PVDM and his team and whatever company makes this a.i. Thanks fot the read Ff

Reactions: 7 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
They stopped developing them
That’s a pity, but thanks for the input.

I still wonder why the article was published so recently!

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

WhiteDove

Is there a way of viewing most-liked posts? I used to enjoy that feature over at HC….

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
Looks like MERCEDES aren't the only ones using LUMINAR for it's latest fsd.......... VOLVO

Gizmodo Australia: 3 Pieces of Futuristic Car Tech That Are Closer to Reality Than You Think.
@FU BACON (formerly mc) and others, what is Brainchips relationship with Luminar? I can’t find a direct link and it isn’t on our ‘wall’. This could by quite exciting!

Reactions: 4 users

M_C

Founding Member
@FU BACON (formerly mc) and others, what is Brainchips relationship with Luminar? I can’t find a direct link and it isn’t on our ‘wall’. This could by quite exciting!
We don't have a direct link yet, except to say that LUMINAR is 💯 involved in the eqxx from Mercedes, so i like our chances of being involved with Luminar

Reactions: 17 users
That’s a pity, but thanks for the input.

I still wonder why the article was published so recently!
@uiux is right that they shelved both products but the interesting part is that someone has actually tried to update the original article to give it the impression of being current. So that holds some fascination???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

M_C

Founding Member
Yan Lacunn seems to be singing a different tune these days........ thoughts??

YC: No, it does, for this model for autonomous AI that I've proposed, which has a single configurable world model simulation engine for the purpose of planning and imagining the future and filling in the blanks of things that you cannot completely observe. There is a computational advantage to having a single model that is configurable. Having a single-engine that you configure may allow the system to share that knowledge across tasks, things that are common to everything in the world that you've learned by observation or things like basic logic. It's much more efficient to have that big model that you configure than to have a completely separate model for different tasks which may have to be trained separately. But we see this already, right?
It used to be, back in the old days at Facebook -- when it was still called Facebook, the vision we were using for analyzing images, to do ranking and filtering, we had specialized neural nets, specialized convolutional nets, basically, for different tasks. And now we have one gigantic one that does everything. We used to have half a dozen ConvNets; now, we have only one.

So, we see that convergence. We even have architectures now that do everything: they do vision, they do text, they do speech, with a single architecture. They have to be trained separately for the three tasks, but this work, data2vec, it's a self-supervised approach.

ZDNet: Most intriguing! Thank you for your time.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

mrgds

Regular
Hi Esq
I just realised you left off I am having a hair cut tomorrow afternoon. FF
So, does this mean FF, you will now be referred to as our new CEO? ............ as in, Mr Shaun Hair ? .........:eek::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
That is so bad it is hairlerious.

• Haha
  • Wow
By the way I highly recommend reading @uiux Brainchip BH thread from the wee hours of this morning. The dots @uiux has put together make an interesting read.

Amazing piece of work. Thanks @uiux.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Hi DHM,

I recall looking at Luminar a while back and Renasas were a supplier/partner of sorts so we could end up providing our IP via them.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Here’s a cool video featuring Luminar and where they’re headed with adas.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
I just read the following paragraph in an otherwise grey analyst market report:

“Over the last 7 days, the US market has risen 2.7%, driven by gains in every sector and the Information Technology sector leading the way. As for the past year, the market is still up 9.2%”

There is a thing called the rule of 72. It works like this if you divide 72 by the rate of return (9.2%) it will tell you how long it will take to double your money. So at the present rate money invested in the US market will double in value in 7.8 years.

The other day someone posted that Brainchip over the last 12 months at its present levels is up about 30% and on the rule of 72 at this rate of return you will double your investment in 2.4 years. Three times faster than you would in the US Markets.

I am not being insensitive to those who bought at say $1.50 but in judging this company indeed any company I think it is sensible as we approach its AGM to look at where it was at the AGM 12 months ago and what has happened in the intervening period.

Presently it has increased shareholder value by 30%.

It has put in place or achieved every goal it set at the AGM.

They have announced licence and customer engagements and grown the business across every front.

They have achieved and exceeded every technology target they set excluding the release of the USB Stick though in fairness they did not give a precise date for its release.

They have shown increased income and clearly are making sales of Raspberry Pi etc;

They have greatly increased the companies profile and finally buried the opportunity for manipulators to question the validity of their technology.

In short on paper and in reality they have had a very solid 12 months.

Even if you do not accept that the present share price is a product of the Puto effect you would have to accord some responsibility for the present oversold position to him and as such the 12 month return on investment should probably be much higher than 30% at this moment in time.

If it was 50% then you would double the value of your investment in just 1.44 years.

My opinion and thoughts DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
That is so bad it is hairlerious.
gordon-ramsay-oh-dear.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

Haha that was an awesome video, they are basically paying out on Tesla in it & saying are you ready for real autonomy, awesome, thanks SG (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

Enjoyed watching that .. thanks SG :)

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

mrgds

Regular

Mmmmm, .......... now where have i heard the terms, .................. were in a "sweet spot for Lidar"
.................. BRN tech will become "ubiquitous"
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
So, does this mean FF, you will now be referred to as our new CEO? ............ as in, Mr Shaun Hair ? .........:eek::ROFLMAO:

Or Shorn Hair even...😚

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom