BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Dougie54

Regular

Tata Partners With NVIDIA to Build Large-Scale AI Infrastructure​

State-of-the-Art AI Supercomputer to Provide Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform for AI Services
September 8, 2023
NVIDIA today announced an extensive collaboration with Tata Group to deliver AI computing infrastructure and platforms for developing AI solutions. The collaboration will bring state-of-the-art AI capabilities within reach to thousands of organizations, businesses and AI researchers, and hundreds of startups in India.

Brainchip/TATA/………………TATA/Nvidia

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😎
AKIDA BALLITSA UBQTS
Akida Matata.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mccabe84

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Cartagena

Regular
Guess the questions are:

New role in BRN, quit or let go :unsure:

Each one could have a diff connotation.
Agree. Without speculating anything, it's not very clear and possibly we need more clarification from Brainchip as he's thanking Sean and Rob.
Looks like it's a parallel transition to the role of Revenue Growth Executive within Brainchip and not an exit. Does anyone know what he has achieved as Vice VP ?

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Kachoo

Regular
And just before 2.0 is to be released
A person at that level in an organization would have started looking for work 4 months ago or more. These high paying jobs take time to interview and get executive management review and approval. We know how things were pre AGM.

Customers delaying contracts waiting on 2.0.

Would have made him think we'll.see what is available and maybe got a offer.

By the look of the BRN interactions this is not any surprise.

Reactions: 9 users

Kachoo

Regular
Agree. Without speculating anything, it's not very clear and possibly we need more clarification from Brainchip as he's thanking Sean and Rob.
Looks like it's a parallel transition to the role of Revenue Growth Executive within Brainchip and not an exit. Does anyone know what he has achieved as Vice VP ?
If your asking what he has achieved then we need to evaluate what impact will this have which I assumento be very little Rob shifted for Chris so I don't know if they will put Rob back in. In the end Rob did drive the IP sales for Akida 1000. I do not recall any IP sales under Chris's reign.

Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Guess the questions are:

Robert Wagner as Steve, explaining to PVDM about "sales" over the last year. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Guess the questions are:

"Looking forward to starting a new adventure" - no one announces "a new adventure" if they are taking up a different position within a small company, so I would be inclined to think that he has found a more attractive position (elsewhere) that meets his own personal circumstances/needs. Since we do not know what has transpired behind closed doors, this seems like a fairly normal thing for someone to do, and he appears to have been thankful for the opportunity.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users
"Looking forward to starting a new adventure" - no one announces "a new adventure" if they are taking up a different position within a small company, so I would be inclined to think that he has found a more attractive position (elsewhere) that meets his own personal circumstances/needs. Since we do not know what has transpired behind closed doors, this seems like a fairly normal thing for someone to do, and he appears to have been thankful for the opportunity.
Probably saw the writing on the wall and got an opportunity to secure his tenure elsewhere..

“and he appears to have been thankful for the opportunity.”

He appears to not want to burn his bridges despite a failed 12month venture at BRN where no sales targets were achieved..

2 jobs in the prior 12 years to 2007, and now 8 jobs in the past 16yrs..

Wouldn’t necessarily call him the stable lock for longevity..

Gen 2 not much in the way of sale’s commissions coming soon- why would you leave a role in sales in the 5 year market leader in a multi trillion dollar industry? Unless he was politely told to resign..

All guesses not being on the inside.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Gies

Regular

It’s about courage and faith!!

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Looks like he could be leaving. Typically a linkedin profile shows the word "present" to signify a person is still working within an organisation. The fact that he has updated his with "Sept 23", probably means something is up. But why would you announce cryptically that you have left a role before it becomes public?

1694323010726.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I love a good Sunday afternoon speculation sesh!

debating-unsure.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Looks like he could be leaving. Typically a linkedin profile shows the word "present" to signify a person is still working within an organisation. The fact that he has updated his with "Sept 23", probably means something is up. But why would you announce cryptically that you have left a role before it becomes public?

View attachment 44300
Selling IP in the next best thing, particularly when that happens to be regarded by many of the old hands in the industry as science fiction, would not be an easy gig.
And he would have been under a lot of scrutiny and no doubt pressure from Sean and the rest of the board for tangible results.
And none of us knows what else he's got going on in his life, maybe he doesn't want the travel anymore, maybe he wants to be near and have more time for an ageing parent or a special needs child? We don't know these things and probably never will.
Sales folk come and go. Sometimes they are a good fit for a position.....sometimes not.
You'd usually give it 12 months to ascertain that, even if only for the sake of your resume.
Good luck to him and bring on the next candidate.
Personally I'd like to see some female energy in the position.
I'm sure Sean will have seen this coming and have people in mind.
Hopefully they will find early success in the role.
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Getupthere

Regular
View attachment 44292

“Revenue Growth Executive”

How could you walk away from that roll , plenty of time to work on the golf swing it would seem
Targets in the real world need to be met and unfortunately for Chris looks like he has not met the company’s and shareholders expectations.

2.0 will be out very soon and it’s Time to move forward.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Selling IP in the next best thing, particularly when that happens to be regarded by many of the old hands in the industry as science fiction, would not be an easy gig.
And he would have been under a lot of scrutiny and no doubt pressure from Sean and the rest of the board for tangible results.
And none of us knows what else he's got going on in his life, maybe he doesn't want the travel anymore, maybe he wants to be near and have more time for an ageing parent or a special needs child? We don't know these things and probably never will.
Sales folk come and go. Sometimes they are a good fit for a position.....sometimes not.
You'd usually give it 12 months to ascertain that, even if only for the sake of your resume.
Good luck to him and bring on the next candidate.
Personally I'd like to see some female energy in the position.
I'm sure Sean will have seen this coming and have people in mind.
Hopefully they will find early success in the role.
GLTAH
'Personally I'd like to see some female energy in the position.'

How very virtuous...

• Fire
  • Haha

CHIPS

Regular

View attachment 44300

He is a job hopper and never stayed long enough to be really successful in my opinion. No loss for BrainChip.

• Thinking

Quatrojos

Regular
'Personally I'd like to see some female energy in the position.'

How very virtuous...
I'd like to see the best person for the job. Genitalia is irrelevant...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

robsmark

Regular
I'd like to see the best person for the job. Genitalia is irrelevant...
This.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom