Top 20
Screenshot_20230909_230301_Chrome.jpg
calculator-kid.gif

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Nvidia has over 1000 neural network patents.

I haven't seen them all, but these diagrams are recurring features in many of them:

US11531088B2 Deep neural network for detecting obstacle instances using radar sensors in autonomous machine applications

1694266801239.png

1694267683139.png

So if you want to know how Akida can be 230 times more energy efficient, here's your answer.

Note the Accelerators 1314

"[0152] The accelerator(s) 1314 (e.g., the hardware acceleration cluster) may include a programmable vision accelerator(s) (PVA), which may alternatively be referred to herein as a computer vision accelerator. The PVA(s) may be designed and configured to accelerate computer vision algorithms for the advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), autonomous driving, and/or augmented reality (AR) and/or virtual reality (VR) applications. The PVA(s) may provide a balance between performance and flexibility. For example, each PVA(s) may include, for example and without limitation, any number of reduced instruction set computer (RISC) cores, direct memory access (DMA), and/or any number of vector processors."

That is, Nvidia even have software running on processors in their "hardware acceleration cluster".

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

JoMo68

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This popped up from ARM tweet:

bit.ly/3Z8asbO

A rich vein of gold:

https://interactive.arm.com/story/neoverse_the_next_wave/page/3/1

1694269098740.png

Neoverse-E1
https://www.arm.com/products/silicon-ip-cpu/neoverse/neoverse-e1
1694269294082.png

Neoverse E1 is a flexible platform which supports scalability from 25Gbps in 4W CPU power budget to multi-100Gbps systems. Accelerator Coherency Port (ACP) enables closely coupled fixed-function hardware offload support with low latency and cache stashing capability.

We have seen the term "closely coupled" used in relation to ARM M85 and Akida.

1694269878281.png

Highly scalable throughput for edge to core data transport Arm Neoverse E1 is ideally suited for data plane compute workloads such as 4G/5G transport, software defined networking, software defined storage, and SD-WAN. This innovative platform features a scalable architecture suitable for 10Gb wireless/wireline devices to high-performance 100G+ Dataplane Processing Unit (DPU).
Flexible architecture enables fixed-function accelerator integration via low-latency Accelerator Coherency Port
High efficiency design supporting 25Gbps+ throughput in less than 4W power budget
Common Armv8.2-A architecture enables integration with Neoverse N1 platform for high-performance, multi-port 100Gbps networking devices

Specifications and Features
Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) supporting two threads concurrently Up to 8 cores (16 threads) per cluster Superscalar, out-of-order pipeline
Configurable private L2 cache
Configurable L3 cache
Low-latency Accelerator Coherency Port (ACP) for closely coupled accelerator integration
Support cache stashing into L2/L3 cache

Akida is compatible across the range of ARM processors.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

TECH

Regular
As a shareholder, I wouldn't want BrainChip to be acquired by another company, including Intel. I'm not sure how it works for other foreign markets, but here in the U.S., there are a couple of options.

Provided the shareholders voted to approve it and regulators allowed the deal to go through, shareholders could have their stocks replaced with cash from a buyout, and that's it. Optionally, they could have their shares of stock exchanged for shares in the new company, and most likely not a one-to-one ratio.

Intel's stock is currently 38.01 USD (59.55 AUD), yes, tempting, but NVIDIA's is sitting at 455.72 USD (713.96 AUD). I strongly suspect any buyout would not be close to what BrainChip's value would be worth ten years from now.

Given the patents, technology, and lead time, BrainChip has a good chance of doing very well on its own, and I believe it could potentially be worth more than Intel's stock currently sits. Let's also consider the number of outstanding shares BrainChip has, ~1.78 billion. In 2020, NVIDIA attempted (unsuccessfully) to acquire Arm for USD 40 billion. I don't think that BrainChip is well-known enough to command that type of offer, but if all of BrainChip's shares were to cash out at USD 10 billion, that would be roughly 8.80 AUD a share.

Disclaimer: I am not in the financial business. I may be oversimplifying my example. From what I provided, I think BrainChip has the potential to be much more than 8.80 AUD per share ten years from now. Let's also not discount the tax headache this would bring from any shares not held in a retirement account that isn't subject to income taxes.

I imagine that some people might be tempted to cash out at a significant amount above their current investment, and some may have personal situations in which having those funds would be needed. 8.80 certainly looks a lot better than 0.30 right now.

This is not financial advice, and these views are my personal opinion. I would not want to see BrainChip sell to another company.

Hi JD,

Thanks for your input. I personally don't see any buyout nor Nasdaq listing coming anytime soon.

If Peter and Anil decided to retire 'completely" well my current view could possibly change somewhat, an alternate view could be one
where another player takes a stake of around 30% in the company, to eventually end up buying the remaining %, that would certainly
give us a major boost in funding to really accelerate our develop moving forward, but I certainly wouldn't suggest that this option be
adopted anytime soon, maybe if we move beyond $2 a share it could be worth considering if approached.

Just my current view/s.

Regards Tech (y)

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
OMG- is Akida inside Kim Kardashian ! 😲
Very unlikely. One must have a brain, to have a brainchip 😆

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Cartagena

Regular
Renesas Electronics Corporation
  1. Joint venture between Renesas and Tata. Not sure if this has been posted before. Article 6 months old, so with Brainchip IP and Akida Gen 2 coming out this month, it's very reasonable to expect a high chance it will be deployed in the Next Generation Semiconductor solutions being developed. 🤞🙂

Tata Consultancy Services and Renesas Partner to Open Innovation Center to Develop Next-Generation Semiconductor Solutions​

Global Semiconductor Manufacturer Renesas Has Tied up With Tata Consultancy Services to Open an Innovation Center to build Semiconductor Designs and Software Solutions for the IoT, Infrastructure, Industrial, and Automotive Segments
March 3, 2023

Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi, Mr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Mr. N. Ganapathy Subramaniam (right to left)
Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi and Mr. N. Ganapathy Subramaniam at the inauguration ceremony (right to left)
Bengaluru, India | Tokyo, Japan, March 3, 2023: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) one of the largest IT services companies in the world, and Renesas Electronics Corporation (Renesas), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, announced the opening of a joint Innovation Center in Bengaluru and Hyderabad and to collaborate on radio frequency, digital and mixed-signal design and software development for innovative next generation semiconductor solutions catering to the needs of a wide range of industries

The inauguration ceremony was held in Bengaluru, attended by Mr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology along with Mr. N. Ganapathy Subramaniam, Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director for TCS and Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi, Executive Vice President & General Manager of IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas.

The Innovation Center will combine TCS’ deep expertise in IoT and domain knowledge of the manufacturing, telecom and automotive industries with Renesas’ advanced semiconductor designs and skilled embedded software support. By joining hands and leveraging their combined strengths, the partners intend to launch innovative semiconductor designs and software solutions for the IoT, smart cities, industrial, and automotive segments.

“We are pleased to announce this strategic partnership with Renesas. This partnership combines TCS’ global experience in developing and deploying end-to-end industry-focused engineering solutions at scale, its domain knowledge, expertise, and intellectual property with Renesas’ expertise and IP in chip development. Together we will address the industry demand and accelerate the establishment of a semiconductor ecosystem in India,” said Regu Ayyaswamy, Global Head, IoT and Digital Engineering, TCS.

”We are pleased to extend our partnership with TCS and benefit from their next-gen digital capabilities, global expertise, domain knowledge and innovation ecosystem,” said Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi, Executive Vice President & General Manager, IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit, Renesas. “The joint Innovation Center will unlock opportunities for innovation and further growth in Indian and emerging markets.”

TCS’ deep expertise in IoT and domain knowledge of the manufacturing, telecom and automotive industries with Renesas’ advanced semiconductor designs and skilled embedded software support. By joining hands and leveraging their combined strengths, the partners intend to launch innovative semiconductor designs and software solutions for the IoT, smart cities, industrial, and automotive segments.

A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 616,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 55 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $25.7 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022, and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index. For more information, visit www.tcs.com

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Fenris78

Regular
1694304958172.png

1694304979382.png

1694305007727.png

Could this Intel neural compressor be Akida?? I guess time will tell?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Cartagena

Regular
Hi IloveLamp, I just posted an article with Tata and Renesas. The overlap is there however not sure how the big boy of tech NVIDIA will be using any IP of Brainchip's and until an announcement is made, all we can do is research any connection here 🤔

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
No
Very unlikely. One must have a brain, to have a brainchip 😆

SC
No, no, no!
Peter Van Der Made has said "they could run a whole car with just a handful of Akidii."

Meanwhile in the BrainChip board room discussion on potential competition is reaching a climax.
** note the use of the codeword "Austin Powers" when they are discussing "the Loihi problem."

How much less taxing would be the operation of one of these?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Just a follow-up on previous posts by @MrRomper , @DaBenjamins And @Diogenese:

View attachment 44265
View attachment 44261
View attachment 44262

The conference paper referred to in above posts can now be accessed on IEEE Xplore for those with an institutional or member sign-in:

View attachment 44263
Well done for following this up @Frangipani . Again necessary validation from one of our more vocal partners. Reassuring I hope for the masses here that there are great things happening behind the scenes.

A reflection point?! With Tatas reputation and credibility, should there be any reason to doubt similar amazing things happening with our less vocal partners and EAPs, some of whom are household names. These other partners perhaps choosing discretion or silence to protect their future products. The same products that perhaps give them a market leading product and points of difference over their competitors.

Q - Would KFC have been as successful had the market known their 11x secret herbs and spices?

I rest easy knowing that Brainchip, a company with less than 100 employees, is and continues to be mentioned alongside industry heavy weights with multi billion dollar balance sheets.

We've got the goods people and we've got the expertise to deliver this baby. Just taking a bit longer than we hope. Lets keep the calm and carry on.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Hmmm, I wonder what all this means......

1694312758618.png

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 27 users

Ian

Founding Member
1694312983256.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_7505.jpeg

“Revenue Growth Executive”

How could you walk away from that roll , plenty of time to work on the golf swing it would seem

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Chris didn't stick around very long .

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230910_125141.jpg
    20230910_125141.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 247