BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I'd like to see the best person for the job. Genitalia is irrelevant...

Ahhh, the old myth of merit...💤

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I'd like to see the best person for the job. Genitalia is irrelevant...
Sure pal. Having worked in sales and sales management for 30 years and having employed and trained numerous reps in that time, my opinion is that the right female in a largely male dominated field can be exceedingly effective. But that's just my lived experience.
You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Maybe Chris' role has been made redundant....just another thought.

Went checking if could see it advertised and would suspect if normal notice period given, the replacement search would be on, unless they are keeping in house and head hunting quietly or not replacing :unsure:

Anyway, I like that we are looking for a Production Mgr though, as that indicates to me something physical and / or IP related required from the sales process starting to be required nearer term, otherwise why required.

Production Manager​

images

BrainChip
Laguna Hills, CA
Apply

1 day ago
20–28 an hour
Full-time
Job Description: We are looking for a Production Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience in electronics manufacturing, either in-house or by a contract manufacturer, parts sourcing, and price negotiation. We are looking for someone with previous experience as a Production Manager or as an assistant Production Manager who is eager to make the step up and assist in planning, organizing, and controlling production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, and on time per plan. Key Responsibilities: Operationalize the end-to-end manufacturing and distribution of current and future product offerings, defining the criteria for parts procurement, assembly, test, and shipping Continuously identify and implement operational efficiencies Participate in the sourcing, selection, and management of all direct and indirect supplier relationship. Authors, revises, and manages all necessary documentation, change management, and governance processes, including QA, fulfillment, and support, for delivering products to customers at scale Responsible for materials forecasting based on production demand; ensures production materials are on-hand and ready for use for on-time order fulfillment Leads manufacturing readiness program in support of new product introductions Assists team with defining, quoting, and bringing new products into production Acts as liaison with both customers and suppliers Work closely with marketing, focusing on demand generation, e-commerce efforts to ensure a seamless customer experience Responsible for in-house production of low volume development systems Drives timely decisions and facilitates active communication and information flow Establishes KPIs, tracks/reports monthly Other duties as time allows Project manage the IP delivery program to IP Licensees May perform other or specified duties as directed This position is 40% production functions, 40% purchasing functions, and 20% of other operational and reporting tasks. Qualifications and Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related work experience including at least 2 years of successful leadership/supervisory experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years experience in supply chain management within technology industries Strong track record of leading and implementing production projects A team player who is accurate, detailed, committed to high-quality standards, and proactive in finding solutions to achieve successful outcomes. Highly organized, self-motivated, detailed, and resourceful leader with excellent execution Must have Budget management and optimization skills Sourcing/Procurement experience required

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Sure pal. Having worked in sales and sales management for 30 years and having employed and trained numerous reps in that time, my opinion is that the right female in a largely male dominated field can be exceedingly effective. But that's just my lived experience.
You are of course entitled to your own opinion.
Key word is 'right', not 'female'.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Maybe Chris' role has been made redundant....just another thought.

Went checking if could see it advertised and would suspect if normal notice period given, the replacement search would be on, unless they are keeping in house and head hunting quietly or not replacing :unsure:

Anyway, I like that we are looking for a Production Mgr though, as that indicates to me something physical and / or IP related required from the sales process starting to be required nearer term, otherwise why required.

Production Manager​

images

BrainChip
Laguna Hills, CA
Apply

1 day ago
20–28 an hour
Full-time
Job Description: We are looking for a Production Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience in electronics manufacturing, either in-house or by a contract manufacturer, parts sourcing, and price negotiation. We are looking for someone with previous experience as a Production Manager or as an assistant Production Manager who is eager to make the step up and assist in planning, organizing, and controlling production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, and on time per plan. Key Responsibilities: Operationalize the end-to-end manufacturing and distribution of current and future product offerings, defining the criteria for parts procurement, assembly, test, and shipping Continuously identify and implement operational efficiencies Participate in the sourcing, selection, and management of all direct and indirect supplier relationship. Authors, revises, and manages all necessary documentation, change management, and governance processes, including QA, fulfillment, and support, for delivering products to customers at scale Responsible for materials forecasting based on production demand; ensures production materials are on-hand and ready for use for on-time order fulfillment Leads manufacturing readiness program in support of new product introductions Assists team with defining, quoting, and bringing new products into production Acts as liaison with both customers and suppliers Work closely with marketing, focusing on demand generation, e-commerce efforts to ensure a seamless customer experience Responsible for in-house production of low volume development systems Drives timely decisions and facilitates active communication and information flow Establishes KPIs, tracks/reports monthly Other duties as time allows Project manage the IP delivery program to IP Licensees May perform other or specified duties as directed This position is 40% production functions, 40% purchasing functions, and 20% of other operational and reporting tasks. Qualifications and Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related work experience including at least 2 years of successful leadership/supervisory experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years experience in supply chain management within technology industries Strong track record of leading and implementing production projects A team player who is accurate, detailed, committed to high-quality standards, and proactive in finding solutions to achieve successful outcomes. Highly organized, self-motivated, detailed, and resourceful leader with excellent execution Must have Budget management and optimization skills Sourcing/Procurement experience required
What's with the security clearance :unsure:

Staff Digital Design Engineer with Security Clearance​

images

BrainChip, Inc.
Laguna Woods, CA
Apply

3 days ago
Full-time
gm_health_and_safety_gm_grey_24dp.png
Health insurance
ic_dental_coverage.png
Dental insurance
gm_event_available_gm_grey_24dp.png
Paid time off
Job highlights
Identified by Google from the original job post
Qualifications

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily

BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related degree or certification required

10+ years of experience in digital logic design

Fluent in Verilog and SystemVerilog

Good debugging skills, and well experienced with VCS/Verdi or similar toolsets
Responsibilities

The Senior Digital Design Engineer primary job function is to work with team members to design and develop the digital modules from the concept to tape out or release for FPGA

This position will be part of our Hardware Development group

Understand the requirements, gather the relevant information, and develop a solution

Program, debug, and build the FPGA for system verification

Use simulation tools to check the functionalities of the designs in RTL and gate level

Collaborate with other team members to define a verification methodology and a test plan

Write clear documentation of the designs

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Reactions: 1 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
One of us is a clown, but it isn’t me.

oooOOOOOOoooooof... the ole "i know you are but what am I".... 🤡🤡🤡

Sad state of affairs

oof-old-man.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi IloveLamp, I just posted an article with Tata and Renesas. The overlap is there however not sure how the big boy of tech NVIDIA will be using any IP of Brainchip's and until an announcement is made, all we can do is research any connection here 🤔
I would imagine our ip would flow through to nvidia via megachips based on my previous posts

Pure speculation of course but.....but..

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Quatrojos

Regular
What's with the security clearance :unsure:

Staff Digital Design Engineer with Security Clearance​

images

BrainChip, Inc.
Laguna Woods, CA
Apply

3 days ago
Full-time
gm_health_and_safety_gm_grey_24dp.png
Health insurance
ic_dental_coverage.png
Dental insurance
gm_event_available_gm_grey_24dp.png
Paid time off
Job highlights
Identified by Google from the original job post
Qualifications

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily

BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related degree or certification required

10+ years of experience in digital logic design

Fluent in Verilog and SystemVerilog

Good debugging skills, and well experienced with VCS/Verdi or similar toolsets
Responsibilities

The Senior Digital Design Engineer primary job function is to work with team members to design and develop the digital modules from the concept to tape out or release for FPGA

This position will be part of our Hardware Development group

Understand the requirements, gather the relevant information, and develop a solution

Program, debug, and build the FPGA for system verification

Use simulation tools to check the functionalities of the designs in RTL and gate level

Collaborate with other team members to define a verification methodology and a test plan

Write clear documentation of the designs
I'm not sure about the US but in Australia security clearances are required for ridiculous positions. Overclassification is abundant in the job market.

For instance, I needed an NV1 clearance for the army. Understandable. I also had to get an NV1 clearance for a low level customer service role for a data centre. There was no chance I was ever getting my hands on classified documents/info in that position.

So it really could be required for work with a very broad range of companies or government agencies.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom