• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30 users

TECH

Regular
25 OCTOBER 2022

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS TRANSFORMING THE AVIATION INDUSTRY​

Click on image to download high resolution version

Artificial intelligence (AI) in aviation has diverse applications, from reducing flight delays to increasing jet fuel efficiency.

Leading airline companies are already prototyping and testing AI applications to increase customer satisfaction and improve operational performance.

Air travel passengers are projected to reach 4 billion in 2024, exceeding pre-COVID-19 levels, according to the International Air Transport Association. To deal with such a huge number of passengers, airlines need to innovate and integrate with emerging technologies like AI and machine learning. AI in aviation has the potential to increase urban air mobility, improve airline safety, automate flight scheduling, and enable predictive maintenance of airplanes.

Flight Path Optimization
AI algorithms analyze the flight data like route distance, altitudes, mileage, fuel use, aircraft type, weather conditions and a lot of other data points. The AI application analyzes the flight data and determines the optimal flight path that would help reduce not only the flight time but also the amount of fuel used during the flight.

Alaskan Airlines is testing an AI system that can calculate the most efficient flight route in real-time. During its six-month pilot program, this system reduced flight time by five minutes and saved a whopping 480 thousand gallons of jet fuel.

AI_in_the_Aviation_Industry.png

Predictive Airplane Maintenance

Airlines have to bear the high cost of delays and cancellations. As per the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, airline carrier delays account for 35% of all flight delay reasons. Unplanned maintenance is the top cause that leads to flight delays from airline carriers. Machine learning algorithms and IoT can help carriers curb costs of unplanned maintenance by monitoring aircraft and detecting anomalies. The machine learning algorithm will track the real-time technical condition of the aircraft and notify technicians of possible malfunctions. In this way, aircraft technicians can proactively implement maintenance activities like replacing airplane parts.

This AI system will also automate the reporting of maintenance operations to senior leadership teams, which in turn can track the expenses and inventory and get insights on operations. Through such a seamless reporting and analytics system, airlines can also reduce costs on expedited delivery of parts and overtime compensation for crews.

The applications for AI in aviation are evolving and there are many fascinating new developments in the pipeline. AI in aviation is transforming everything from flight management systems and air traffic control to crew scheduling and airport security. AI is reshaping the aviation industry to ensure passenger safety, optimize operational workflows and enhance customer experience.

An article not to be sneezed at....this industry sector is not only right up our alley but worth billions in yet to be untapped revenue.

Here's hoping Chris Stevens has been pro-active in this regard.

Tech :coffee:;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Iseki

Regular
Nice find - the integration of acceleration does nothing to diminish the significance of the recent announcement that Akida is compatible with the whole ARM range.
doubtful the Akida IP could be implemented in ARM Custom Instructions.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

skutza

Regular
Either way we all (should) have a common goal and that is for Brainchip to be a success. The great thing about forums is that we all have points of view and we don't have to read anyone else's posts. Can get a bit feisty in both directions, read only what you want, move on is good advice and you can always wait till the end of the day to read the forum. Just read the ones with lots of (y):love::ROFLMAO:🤔 if you only want to get the good stuff (others have done the reading and hard work for you!). I'm very guilty of that.

Reactions: 5 users

Iseki

Regular
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 1269

https://investors.brainchip.com/

Literally all you need to make a decision on whether or not to invest or stay invested in Brainchip.
Going to the company website is hardly too much to ask.

Happy to post this once a day for those who wake up and choose to sow doubt despite no changes to the company.
Getting updates from the company is hardly too much to ask!

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 74 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Renesas exploring local production of chipset developed in partnership with TCS​

Renesas, Executive Vice President and General Manager, IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit, Sailesh Chittipeddi told PTI that the collaboration is on the lines of "Make in India to make for the world".

99214717.cms
Renesas gets most of its semiconductor made through third party electronic chip plants which are then processed into System on Chip (SoC).
New Delhi: Semiconductor company Renesas is exploring local production of chipsets that the company is developing in partnership with leading software company TCS, a senior official of the company said. Last month, Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) and Renesas Electronics Corporation (Renesas) opened a joint Innovation Center in Bengaluru and Hyderabad to jointly develop semiconductor chipsets for wireless technologies, industrial technologies etc for the global market.

Advt

Renesas, Executive Vice President and General Manager, IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit, Sailesh Chittipeddi told PTI that the collaboration is on the lines of "Make in India to make for the world".

"Partnership with TCS will start bearing fruit in 2 years in the form of semiconductor chipsets and system solutions for both Indian and global markets. We aim to explore pathways to locally produce these chips as part of the Make in India initiative with partnerships," Chittipeddi said.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users

Bravo

If we plug Akida 1500 in there, does that make the ARM ML processor (Helium) redundant?

If there was an AKIDA 1500 lying about, we could plug it in and find out.

machi-plug.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

KiKi

Regular
Do you not think the company reads this forum. And if they don't, then I rest my case.
They certainly do read in forums and especially in this big one. They judge daily how their reputation in the public develops and they do know what investors complain about. I have no doubt about that because that's what public relations departments do and they cannot be without one. But I also think that they cannot disclose more than what they already do in their podcasts and interviews.

I am highly invested and bought late. Unfortunately, I am at almost 50% loss now, but I still believe in the company. To keep my nerves relaxed most of the time, I already now accept a 100% loss, just in case. I will be more than happy if the SP goes up again, no doubt, but I don't wait for it. Good things need time and I am giving this time to BrainChip!

Can't those people constantly complaining here please just wait till after the coming annual meeting? Maybe we all will be positively surprised thereafter and your complaining was a waste of energy and time. Wait and see, please!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

I wonder how Mercedes is going to be able to get consumers to operate their Google maps via voice command in the future? Oh, that's right! 🥴 I almost forgot.🤭
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 4.02.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 4.10.17 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
HiMax has been spoken about in the pass unsure if this opens doors or closes them ?with BRN adaptability with all things ARM 💪

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Newk R

Regular
They certainly do read in forums and especially in this big one. They judge daily how their reputation in the public develops and they do know what investors complain about. I have no doubt about that because that's what public relations departments do and they cannot be without one. But I also think that they cannot disclose more than what they already do in their podcasts and interviews.

I am highly invested and bought late. Unfortunately, I am at almost 50% loss now, but I still believe in the company. To keep my nerves relaxed most of the time, I already now accept a 100% loss, just in case. I will be more than happy if the SP goes up again, no doubt, but I don't wait for it. Good things need time and I am giving this time to BrainChip!

Can't those people constantly complaining here please just wait till after the coming annual meeting? Maybe we all will be positively surprised thereafter and your complaining was a waste of energy and time. Wait and see, please!!!
I have been a shareholder for many, many years now. I have seen the ups and downs. But when I see my share price drop over $1.00 per share over the last 12 months and the directors are giving themselves performance rights, I think I have the right to complain.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe we have a great product and I still believe it could be a world changer. But I am thinking that maybe the present administration is not the one to deliver the results that we all want and deserve.

I would be the happiest man on the planet if i was proven wrong.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Damo4

Regular
I have been a shareholder for many, many years now. I have seen the ups and downs. But when I see my share price drop over $1.00 per share over the last 12 months and the directors are giving themselves performance rights, I think I have the right to complain.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe we have a great product and I still believe it could be a world changer. But I am thinking that maybe the present administration is not the one to deliver the results that we all want and deserve.

I would be the happiest man on the planet if i was proven wrong.
"I think I have the right to complain"

Please sir, can we have some more?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom