BRN Discussion Ongoing

KiKi

Regular
I have been a shareholder for many, many years now. I have seen the ups and downs. But when I see my share price drop over $1.00 per share over the last 12 months and the directors are giving themselves performance rights, I think I have the right to complain.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe we have a great product and I still believe it could be a world changer. But I am thinking that maybe the present administration is not the one to deliver the results that we all want and deserve.

I would be the happiest man on the planet if i was proven wrong.

I am with you in this opinion completely, but if (and I did not count who and how often) people constantly keep on complaining (which does not change anything in this forum, only that they relieve their frustration to others, who in turn then also become frustrated because of the repeated complaints) it still remains a waste of time and energy. Let's all complain either to BrainChip during the coming annual meeting or thereafter if necessary.

There still is the option to complain in writing to the investor's relation department of BrainChip. At least one gets a more friendly reply there.
. ;)

Reactions: 4 users

Iseki

Regular
Okay, I have found some good news.
At long last BRN has its own wikipedia page.
At long last I can be happy. Yes I realize most here knew this already but what the heck!

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Rskiff

Regular
Okay, I have found some good news.
At long last BRN has its own wikipedia page.
At long last I can be happy. Yes I realize most here knew this already but what the heck!

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but
Look at all those announcements made recently under "the AKD processor" title. We can direct those who complain about lack of updates now to Wiki.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Micklepickle at it again. Consistently and predictably calling BRN a meme stock. I just can not wait for this face when we all drive past his house in a parade of “mickle can’t afford these cars”.

Yes. Sorry. I’m being snarky. Just one of those days.

Better now 🤣😂 the end.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

davidfitz

Regular
Can't be bothered reading through all of the crap but just voted online for the AGM. Every shareholder has the opportunity to voice their opinion by voting accordingly. Even though my mere 430k votes won't really make a difference I voted based on my current feelings!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Can't be bothered reading through all of the crap but just voted online for the AGM. Every shareholder has the opportunity to voice their opinion by voting accordingly. Even though my mere 430k votes won't really make a difference I voted based on my current feelings!
How do you vote online?

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 3 users

Sproggo

Next weeks 4C ?
Here are the numbers for the past few, plus the closing share price the day after each were released.
USD $

Dec 20: $36,000 ( .57 )
Mar 21: $1,123,000 ( .58 )
Jun 21: $191,000 ( .45 )
Sep 21: $112,000 ( .46 )
Dec 21: $1,097,000 ( 1.38 )
Mar 22: $205,000 ( .92 )
Jun 22: $1,230,000 ( 1.27 )
Sep 22: $118,000 ( .67 )
Dec 22: $1,164,000 ( .63 )
Mar 23: ?

I'm going to put my head on the chopping block and say next weeks number will be the best one ever.
I'm looking forward to the 4C and then hopefully a decent announcement before the AGM. Personally holding until December 2025 at an average of 61 cents in my super. 7 years from retirement in 2025 and rule of thumb is super doubles every 7 years. So will re-evaluate then, unless a black swan event of course.
So am happy to hold and ignore the short term noise, heard it all before

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Frangipani

Regular
I would like to believe all of you that have been using ChatGPT for the purpose of dot joining (as well as other things, yet hopefully excluding AI-generating love letters) are by now very much aware of its limitations - and by that I not only mean that its so-called “knowledge cutoff date” was September 2021 or that it can struggle to grasp the subtle nuances of human communication such as sarcasm or humour. (Just imagine how boring this forum would be with merely bots posting…)

Nevertheless, it can’t hurt to be reminded from time to time that - while undoubtedly fascinating and inspirational - ChatGPT’s generated content should be taken with a grain of salt, as the purported “facts“ are at times merely fabricated falsehoods. I am not saying you won’t occasionally unearth hitherto buried treasures; just keep in mind that even OpenAI itself is warning users on its website that “ChatGPT sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers”, something which has been referred to as “hallucinations“. What may sound harmless, can actually have serious consequences in real life, be it harmful medical or legal advice or the potential to destroy an innocent person’s reputation, like in the recent shocking case when “ChatGPT invented a sexual harassment scandal and named a real law prof as the accused (…) even citing a fake Washington Post article as evidence”. Now that is truly scary!

On a lighter note, I wanted to share with you the following witty article about ChatGPT’s capabilities (and shortcomings) as a travel agent - mind you, I have no idea how different the author’s experience would have been with the AI chatbot based on the newly released GPT-4 model - my guess is probably somewhat improved, but certainly still far from perfect.

The last paragraph is the essence of the author’s experiment (do read the whole article, though, if you have the time - trust me, it will magically take your mind off forum quarrels) and is really hammering the message home - at least for the time being. Who knows what the future holds?

„After conversing with the chatbot for two hours, I’m nowhere near finalizing our vacation plans. It has given me some useful information—namely the best time of year to travel and a few hotels and restaurants to consider—but nothing it recommended can be taken as gospel. Will its ability to provide helpful trip-planning services improve exponentially in the years to come? No doubt.
But for now, nothing beats good old-fashioned, human-powered research.“

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Deena

Regular
I have been a shareholder for many, many years now. I have seen the ups and downs. But when I see my share price drop over $1.00 per share over the last 12 months and the directors are giving themselves performance rights, I think I have the right to complain.
Don't get me wrong, I still believe we have a great product and I still believe it could be a world changer. But I am thinking that maybe the present administration is not the one to deliver the results that we all want and deserve.

I would be the happiest man on the planet if i was proven wrong.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree Newk. You see management don't control the share price. The questions you should be asking are; Is management making the right connections with new and existing customers and partners? YES! Are they meeting performance goals with regard to product development and use of those products with appropriate developmental software and tools? Another big YES! Mmmm ... In fact I am thinking they are doing an outstanding job here.
Are they getting out and spruiking our IP and chip use at conferences and field days, seminars etc? A big YES again.

There is an old saying: Energy flows where attention goes. If you focus on all the negatives, then that will grow in importance to you. That circle gets bigger. If you focus on the progress that is being made with customers and partners you would be very encouraged. All be it that the company is bound by NDAs which are important to our customers and partners as well as ourselves.

As for someone's suggestion that the company should ditch all NDAs. Yeah, right. If you want to lose 90% of our customers who insist on the NDAs in order to maintain secrecy and stay ahead of their competition. How stupid a suggestion is that? Clearly from someone with no business acumen at all. I'm sure glad they are not running our business.

It is about time some posters got real instead of making ridiculous suggestions to feed into their negative sentiments. (Or is there some other underlying motive?)

Another interesting point; I remember some years ago my brother's broker said "Don't invest in Brainchip because they are not big enough and companies like Intel have deep pockets and will simply poach all the best talent from the company by offering them more money." (Or words to that effect.) How do you think we'd go if we weren't offering performance rights to our top personnel? Do you get the picture? By the way, I don't think share price is one of those performance indicators.

In summary:
1. This company is in sound hands with many of the top personnel and best brains in the industry.
2. Almost weekly new partnerships and customers are popping up. Well done and thank you to all the great researchers here who give their time so freely to keep us ahead of other less informed investors. In fact far better than many of the so called analysts who only seem to analyse their own navels ... and don't do that very well.
3. Our list of partners, customers, and developers continues to expand along with new industries that we are evolving to.
4. Performance goals are outstanding as we churn out the Akida 1000; 1500; 2000 ... with many more on the drawing board and in development. These are all technical masterpieces.
5. We are well cashed up to continue the development until revenue exceeds expenditure.
6. Our ground-breaking technology is protected by a growing list of patents and copyright registrations.
7. More staff are constantly being recruited to meet the growing customer demand (while other big tech firms are laying off thousands of personnel). That gives me lots of confidence
8. And for those shareholders who don't seem to be getting enough feedback from management I have a few suggestions for you:
a. Get off your arse and look at the company web site. Just about everything you want to know (that the company is allowed to tell you) is there.
b. If there is something specific you need to know then ring or send an email to our investor relations person Tony. It's not that hard you know.
c. Stop whingeing here over and over, and crapping all over our wonderful research exchange.
9. We KNOW what's coming and we know it takes time for the commercial products to hit the streets so remember, patience is a virtue. (Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!) LOL

And on a final note. I will be attending the AGM in Sydney where I hope to meet a lot of other LT shareholders. Stay positive everyone. You will live longer, and be happier.
Cheers
Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 102 users

jtardif999

Regular
doubtful the Akida IP could be implemented in ARM Custom Instructions.
Then you didn’t see where BRN announced compatibility in integrating with the M85?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

McHale

Regular
I just took a look at this vid link, which Walhik Joe put up over at HC.

It's an interview with Nandan Nayampally, I don't believe I have seen it here, what I liked was the way Nandan articulates what AIoT is and a bit of an exploration of AI market.

I like the well considered way Nandan comes across.

Something I would like BRN executives focus upon more in their various interviews, is the one or two shot on chip learning capability of the various Akida iterations i.e. would have been good to see Sean slip the one shot learning thing somewhere in the conversation he had with Zach Shelby the other day.

One shot learning is a major differentiator, Akida is way more than an accelerator.

The link: https://lnkd.in/eRXqqdcx

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

It's an interview with Nandan Nayampally, I don't believe I have seen it here, what I liked was the way Nandan articulates what AIoT is and a bit of an exploration of AI market.

Something I would like BRN executives focus upon more in their various interviews, is the one or two shot on chip learning capability of the various Akida iterations i.e. would have been good to see Sean slip the one shot learning thing somewhere in the conversation he had with Zach Shelby the other day.

One shot learning is a major differentiator, Akida is way more than an accelerator.

Thanks @McHale for sharing. Always easy listening to Nandan. What a great find he was..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JDelekto

Regular

I do not consider Akida to be an accelerator. From my understanding, AI processors termed "accelerators" improve the speed at which large numbers of matrix computations are done for inferencing. While Akida can perform these classifications at a very high rate of speed, it is due to the nature of the neuromorphic architecture despite the efforts to optimize traditional convolutional neural networks.

While NVISO has found that Akida can perform over 1000 FPS when inferencing, I would love to see some performance metrics on the "one or more" shot learning. The enormous power requirements and costs incurred today are spent training the various models used by these AI processors, typically using large GPU or dedicated AI hardware in the cloud.

Akida has the benefit of being able to train or update its models in the field. I would be curious to know what type of time, power, and costs would be involved in creating a small farm of Akida processors used to take sensor input (video, audio, text, etc.) and build these models as opposed to current means. Perhaps this is one area that BrainChip could focus on improving, as reducing these costs would impact the AI industry as a whole.

As a separate fun thought, I imagine a robot with two subsystems using Akida processors: a passive system that takes different sensor inputs to generate models and another active motor system that uses these models to react to this input. I would like to see the rate at which it could learn versus the latency at which it reacts based on what it has learned.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Magnus Östberg
Magnus Östberg

Hello from China to all auto enthusiasts - always great to be here. I have been busy at #AutoShanghai meeting with partners, participating in valuable interviews and, of course, visiting the trade fair to personally experience all the latest technology in the world of mobility.

It is our aim at #MercedesBenz to create an unsurpassed in-car digital experience that integrates all vehicle functions with our own MB.OS operating system. We must deliver many high-quality software products quickly to remain ahead of our competition.

Therefore, developer productivity has become a leading priority as we transition to software-first vehicles. The first step is giving our developers tools that help them improve agile efficiencies, including the ability to quickly pivot direction based on consumer demand and our product review processes.

This dedication to regional software development is made clear by our new Localization and R&D Centre right here in #Shanghai, which specializes in smart car features and automated driving. Here we are building dedicated software with real-time 3D content and an enriched user interface (UI) for automated driving functions based on Alibaba’s AMAP data, including lane-level map views specific to our customers here in China.

A precursor to our upcoming MB.OS will also be available early next year in China. It is a rich entertainment ecosystem, including an integrated MBUX API that makes it easy to directly install Android apps. Dedicated apps will include content from Tencent Video, WeChat, QQ Music and Ximalaya internet radio, with many more to come.

To further enable our digital future, we will also be introducing Abacus, a scenario-based AI integration platform that provides a highly customized experience to meet the demands of localized customers. And we are just getting started!

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom