BRN Discussion Ongoing

cassip

Regular
Magnus Östberg
Magnus Östberg

Hello from China to all auto enthusiasts - always great to be here. I have been busy at #AutoShanghai meeting with partners, participating in valuable interviews and, of course, visiting the trade fair to personally experience all the latest technology in the world of mobility.

It is our aim at #MercedesBenz to create an unsurpassed in-car digital experience that integrates all vehicle functions with our own MB.OS operating system. We must deliver many high-quality software products quickly to remain ahead of our competition.

Therefore, developer productivity has become a leading priority as we transition to software-first vehicles. The first step is giving our developers tools that help them improve agile efficiencies, including the ability to quickly pivot direction based on consumer demand and our product review processes.

This dedication to regional software development is made clear by our new Localization and R&D Centre right here in #Shanghai, which specializes in smart car features and automated driving. Here we are building dedicated software with real-time 3D content and an enriched user interface (UI) for automated driving functions based on Alibaba’s AMAP data, including lane-level map views specific to our customers here in China.

A precursor to our upcoming MB.OS will also be available early next year in China. It is a rich entertainment ecosystem, including an integrated MBUX API that makes it easy to directly install Android apps. Dedicated apps will include content from Tencent Video, WeChat, QQ Music and Ximalaya internet radio, with many more to come.

To further enable our digital future, we will also be introducing Abacus, a scenario-based AI integration platform that provides a highly customized experience to meet the demands of localized customers. And we are just getting started!
Does he refer to this website?

Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Does he refer to this website?

No, I can't find anything from AbacusAI, not even on LinkedIn. I don't think he means the company.

This is the Link:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

A low cost neuromorphic learning engine based on a high performance supervised SNN learning algorithm​

......​

SNN-based neuromorphic architectures​

Most of the work related to SNNs is for Von Neumann systems only. Only a few researchers have focused on building dedicated hardware systems using SNNs. The most recent example is Akida, developed by BrainChip that contains 1.2 million neurons45. Akida is a neural chip that has the capability to process and analyze images, sound, and data patterns. Akida, like many other neuromorphic processors, works in an event-driven manner.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users
No, I can't find anything from AbacusAI, not even on LinkedIn. I don't think he means the company.

This is the Link:

The Abacus website is quite interesting. They do use NN although I haven’t found any references to SNN they talk about RNN (recurrent NN).

They have some big names involved, ex AWS, ex Google CEO and Chairman etc.

My understanding of what I have read is they are similar to Edge Impulse by providing a training service. Discusses transferring learnt data, which could come in handy when learning from driving situations.

1681902621709.png

If it’s not them they could be quite relevant down the track. I don’t see them as a threat to Akida as I haven’t found them proving the hardware.

It looks as though they could be beneficial in training and updating our hardware which could increase our uptake.

Happy to be corrected by those more knowledgeable as I’ve only had a 15 min look at them.

:)

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

GazDix

Regular
Can't be arsed worrying too much about SP at this stage. Been on a downtrend for so long and I am boarding amongst my average price now it just feels normal. I bet many retail have sold or are nearly down like me and thinking about breaking even and looking at the next shiny thing.

All I know is that we are a new tech/AI stock and volatility is normal. The pump to $2 plus was to cleanse the fairweather holders and get more institutional money in. As is always the case.

This money playing with us now has all the patience in the world and will bugger every weak hand there is if there is value. Why? It pumped to $2 and above 15 months ago and has gone down over 76% or so. The same thing happened in 2021. From touching $1 back to 30 cents or so. I am not technical analyst but ho hum on a 'meme' 'penny' share.

We are either all insane to keep holding for this long or genius. Time will tell. But my timeframe is different from yours and we all have different ones.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Cardpro

Regular
@Rocket577 posted a Valeo presentation

I think the most important take-away is that Valeo will sell 1.5 billion ADAS sensors in the next 5 years - Ultrasound, LiDaR, Radar, camera. That's an average of 300M sensors per year.

If we take FF's tried and tested 1% that would be 3 million Akidas p.a. ... but I'll let you do the maths.

Those sensors will be in 30 million ADAS systems, so an average of 10 sensors per ADAS.

Stellantis, owner of several vehicle brands, proposes to use the system in several models in 2024.

The big BMW contact also got a gurnsey.

... and we're not forgetting Mercedes.

... and we still don't know the relationship between BrainChip and Valeo. To repeat myself, the initial announcement reads more like a joint development than a licence. If that's the case, there is no up front licence fee. We have to wait for sales to get our slice, which, under a JD, we might expect to be worth more than a royalty.

The good news is that Valeo has more than 1 billion euros in forward orders.

There is also mention of CVPR self-supervised learning:

CVPR 2022 Open Access Repository (thecvf.com)

It would be great if our share of the Valeo ADAS pie could be revealed before the AGM.
Thanks Diogenese, doesn't that mean they will need to sign an IP contract first? (Unless it's somehow flowing through MegaChips or Renasas)

Reactions: 5 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Thanks Diogenese, doesn't that mean they will need to sign an IP contract first? (Unless it's somehow flowing through MegaChips or Renasas)

It has been discussed that Valeo and Brainchip are in partnership so potentially, they don't need to sign an IP agreement but once sales commence, we should just see revenue flowing through.

I hope this is the case.

Reactions: 7 users

M_C

Founding Member
Screenshot_20230419_215246_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Great to see AI / machine learning, Reaching the approval of the FDA today .

Helping to save lives that’s bloody cool .

RapidAI Receives First and Only FDA 510(k) Clearance of Non-Contrast CT Imaging Product to Accelerate Acute Stroke Triage​

MACHINE LEARNINGNEWS
By Business WireOn Apr 19, 2023

Part of RapidAI’s industry-leading stroke solution, Rapid NCCT Stroke supports faster treatment and transfer decisions while driving greater equity of care

RapidAI, the global leader in neurovascular and vascular AI-enhanced clinical decision support and patient workflow, announced it has received FDA 510(k) clearance for Rapid NCCT Stroke – a major addition to the RapidAI suite of non-contrast based solutions for stroke and trauma care, and the first and only FDA cleared medical device to detect suspected intracranial hemorrhage (ICH) and large vessel occlusion (LVO) from value-based CT imaging.
AiThority Interview Insights: AiThority Interview with at Brian Sathianathan, Co-Founder and CTO at Iterate.ai
Rapid NCCT Stroke uses artificial intelligence to analyze non-contrast CT (NCCT) images to determine suspicion of ICH and LVO of the distal internal carotid artery (ICA) and middle cerebral artery (MCA-M1). The fully automated system then delivers triage and prioritization notifications through PACS, email, and the Rapid mobile app. Because NCCT imaging is readily available and is the initial imaging modality used for stroke and trauma patients, care teams can make time-sensitive workflow and transfer decisions faster. For hospitals that do advanced imaging, Rapid NCCT Stroke may significantly reduce the time between CT and CTA scans.
Read More about AiThority Interview: AiThority Interview with Thomas Kriebernegg, Managing Director & Co-Founder at App Radar
Rapid NCCT Stroke supports teams in:
  • Accelerating door-to-imaging and door-to-decision time
  • Making faster transfer decisions
  • Improving equity of care by giving centers of all levels greater access to advanced value-based CT imaging technology that may improve decision making and impact patient outcomes
“This technology will not only have an enormous impact on stroke care here in the U.S. but also globally, by giving care teams at small, local, or regional facilities around the world access to advanced clinical decision support technology too often only available at comprehensive stroke centers,” said Karim Karti, CEO of RapidAI. “Our hope is that by providing better information early for more informed treatment and transfer decisions, Rapid NCCT Stroke will support faster stroke care and better patient outcomes. This is an incredible achievement for the team and yet another example of RapidAI’s continued leadership in creating the next evolution of stroke care technology.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

1681908699710.png

Development and Validation of ADAS/AD Features Using MATLAB Solutions​

Virtual Speaking Session at MATLAB Expo 2023
  • Wed, May 10 | 11:30 pm - 12:00 am (CDT)
  • Thu, May 11 | 4:00 am - 4:30 am (CDT)
  • Thu, May 11 | 11:00 am - 11:30 am (CDT)

Join any of the above sessions where Dr. Khan will focus on:

• Sensor modeling, scenario construction, environment modeling, control algorithm development, vehicle dynamics modeling, closed-loop integration, and validation.
  • Demonstrations of the interoperability of MATLAB solutions with 3D simulation tools for better visualization.
  • How ISO safety of the intended functionality can be validated in a virtual space using MathWorks solutions?
  • MathWorks solutions for ADAS/AD hardware-in-the-loop simulation validation for electronic control units.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Violin1

Regular
I think you are barking up the wrong tree Newk. You see management don't control the share price. The questions you should be asking are; Is management making the right connections with new and existing customers and partners? YES! Are they meeting performance goals with regard to product development and use of those products with appropriate developmental software and tools? Another big YES! Mmmm ... In fact I am thinking they are doing an outstanding job here.
Are they getting out and spruiking our IP and chip use at conferences and field days, seminars etc? A big YES again.

There is an old saying: Energy flows where attention goes. If you focus on all the negatives, then that will grow in importance to you. That circle gets bigger. If you focus on the progress that is being made with customers and partners you would be very encouraged. All be it that the company is bound by NDAs which are important to our customers and partners as well as ourselves.

As for someone's suggestion that the company should ditch all NDAs. Yeah, right. If you want to lose 90% of our customers who insist on the NDAs in order to maintain secrecy and stay ahead of their competition. How stupid a suggestion is that? Clearly from someone with no business acumen at all. I'm sure glad they are not running our business.

It is about time some posters got real instead of making ridiculous suggestions to feed into their negative sentiments. (Or is there some other underlying motive?)

Another interesting point; I remember some years ago my brother's broker said "Don't invest in Brainchip because they are not big enough and companies like Intel have deep pockets and will simply poach all the best talent from the company by offering them more money." (Or words to that effect.) How do you think we'd go if we weren't offering performance rights to our top personnel? Do you get the picture? By the way, I don't think share price is one of those performance indicators.

In summary:
1. This company is in sound hands with many of the top personnel and best brains in the industry.
2. Almost weekly new partnerships and customers are popping up. Well done and thank you to all the great researchers here who give their time so freely to keep us ahead of other less informed investors. In fact far better than many of the so called analysts who only seem to analyse their own navels ... and don't do that very well.
3. Our list of partners, customers, and developers continues to expand along with new industries that we are evolving to.
4. Performance goals are outstanding as we churn out the Akida 1000; 1500; 2000 ... with many more on the drawing board and in development. These are all technical masterpieces.
5. We are well cashed up to continue the development until revenue exceeds expenditure.
6. Our ground-breaking technology is protected by a growing list of patents and copyright registrations.
7. More staff are constantly being recruited to meet the growing customer demand (while other big tech firms are laying off thousands of personnel). That gives me lots of confidence
8. And for those shareholders who don't seem to be getting enough feedback from management I have a few suggestions for you:
a. Get off your arse and look at the company web site. Just about everything you want to know (that the company is allowed to tell you) is there.
b. If there is something specific you need to know then ring or send an email to our investor relations person Tony. It's not that hard you know.
c. Stop whingeing here over and over, and crapping all over our wonderful research exchange.
9. We KNOW what's coming and we know it takes time for the commercial products to hit the streets so remember, patience is a virtue. (Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!) LOL

And on a final note. I will be attending the AGM in Sydney where I hope to meet a lot of other LT shareholders. Stay positive everyone. You will live longer, and be happier.
Cheers
Deena
Seriously excellent post @Deena
I know the SP isn't what we all would like - but, as you say, the connections with others, announced partnerships, profile of BRN in media and technical journals, technical progress on the next several versions and funding base are all in a far better position than last AGM. I really (really) feel we are soooo much more de-risked now - but the world has moved into more risk-averse state and this impacts contracts (and thus revenue) and the number of investors prepared to take new or increased positions in BRN. Both impact SP and leave us open to manipulation by funds using other people's money.

I reckon the crew have done their jobs. I trust the Board. I trust the Board to make the right decisions in respect of Sean's and Peter's remuneration and the way in which we treat Manny (which reflects on the character of our company for the future). These are good people, flogging themselves to make our company great - let's not try to keep them on too short a leash.

Looking forward to a drink at the AGM Deena.
Ballista
Violin1

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Violin1

Regular
Next weeks 4C ?
Here are the numbers for the past few, plus the closing share price the day after each were released.
USD $

Dec 20: $36,000 ( .57 )
Mar 21: $1,123,000 ( .58 )
Jun 21: $191,000 ( .45 )
Sep 21: $112,000 ( .46 )
Dec 21: $1,097,000 ( 1.38 )
Mar 22: $205,000 ( .92 )
Jun 22: $1,230,000 ( 1.27 )
Sep 22: $118,000 ( .67 )
Dec 22: $1,164,000 ( .63 )
Mar 23: ?

I'm going to put my head on the chopping block and say next weeks number will be the best one ever.
Still think it's too early for big numbers. End of the year I think before we will see anything from the Renesas tape out. Remember the timeline involved in taping out, testing, going to commercial production, testing again with Akida 1000. Like to be wrong but don't want to expect too much and play into the Shorters' hands as so many have done in the past year.
Regards
Violin1

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

dippY22

Regular
I think you are barking up the wrong tree Newk. You see management don't control the share price. The questions you should be asking are; Is management making the right connections with new and existing customers and partners? YES! Are they meeting performance goals with regard to product development and use of those products with appropriate developmental software and tools? Another big YES! Mmmm ... In fact I am thinking they are doing an outstanding job here.
Are they getting out and spruiking our IP and chip use at conferences and field days, seminars etc? A big YES again.

There is an old saying: Energy flows where attention goes. If you focus on all the negatives, then that will grow in importance to you. That circle gets bigger. If you focus on the progress that is being made with customers and partners you would be very encouraged. All be it that the company is bound by NDAs which are important to our customers and partners as well as ourselves.

As for someone's suggestion that the company should ditch all NDAs. Yeah, right. If you want to lose 90% of our customers who insist on the NDAs in order to maintain secrecy and stay ahead of their competition. How stupid a suggestion is that? Clearly from someone with no business acumen at all. I'm sure glad they are not running our business.

It is about time some posters got real instead of making ridiculous suggestions to feed into their negative sentiments. (Or is there some other underlying motive?)

Another interesting point; I remember some years ago my brother's broker said "Don't invest in Brainchip because they are not big enough and companies like Intel have deep pockets and will simply poach all the best talent from the company by offering them more money." (Or words to that effect.) How do you think we'd go if we weren't offering performance rights to our top personnel? Do you get the picture? By the way, I don't think share price is one of those performance indicators.

In summary:
1. This company is in sound hands with many of the top personnel and best brains in the industry.
2. Almost weekly new partnerships and customers are popping up. Well done and thank you to all the great researchers here who give their time so freely to keep us ahead of other less informed investors. In fact far better than many of the so called analysts who only seem to analyse their own navels ... and don't do that very well.
3. Our list of partners, customers, and developers continues to expand along with new industries that we are evolving to.
4. Performance goals are outstanding as we churn out the Akida 1000; 1500; 2000 ... with many more on the drawing board and in development. These are all technical masterpieces.
5. We are well cashed up to continue the development until revenue exceeds expenditure.
6. Our ground-breaking technology is protected by a growing list of patents and copyright registrations.
7. More staff are constantly being recruited to meet the growing customer demand (while other big tech firms are laying off thousands of personnel). That gives me lots of confidence
8. And for those shareholders who don't seem to be getting enough feedback from management I have a few suggestions for you:
a. Get off your arse and look at the company web site. Just about everything you want to know (that the company is allowed to tell you) is there.
b. If there is something specific you need to know then ring or send an email to our investor relations person Tony. It's not that hard you know.
c. Stop whingeing here over and over, and crapping all over our wonderful research exchange.
9. We KNOW what's coming and we know it takes time for the commercial products to hit the streets so remember, patience is a virtue. (Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!) LOL

And on a final note. I will be attending the AGM in Sydney where I hope to meet a lot of other LT shareholders. Stay positive everyone. You will live longer, and be happier.
Cheers
Deena

Thank you Deena, .... a good strong post and one which I am in full agreement with. Especially, the "performance rights for top personnel" comment which is EXACTLY what small tech startups like Brainchip must do to compete because to overstate the obvious ..... they do not make the revenue to pay big salaries in their early years,......... in my (our) opinion.

Thanks again. Yours,.......dippY

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

JoMo68

Regular

In summary:

Cheers
Deena
Thank God For You Dk GIF by TV 2 ZULU

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Dr E Brown

Regular

This is interesting. Another beneficial AI use case using edge AI.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

cassip

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

This is interesting. Another beneficial AI use case using edge AI.

Nice find Dr

DALLAS and BOSTON, April 17, 2023

Cherish and AT&T Create Solution to Help Independent Living​

Announcing Cherish Serenity for in-home sensing to help monitor the health of aging adults. Here's how it can help both caregivers and health providers.

share​

Download assets Download release (PDF)
Subscribe to AT&T news
HIMMS-Cherish_STORY_LEVEL_BANNER_850x500.png

Key Takeaways:
  • Industry-first AI-enabled radar technology for multi-room fall detection and independent living
  • Instant-on connectivity to Cherish Serenity platform for safety and health monitoring
  • Accessible to people who are aging and living with health challenges
Cherish and AT&T* announced that Cherish Serenity™ — a revolutionary contactless sensing device to help improve people’s lives — will feature AT&T cellular connectivity for instant-on connectivity when it ships to consumers in 2023. The collaboration will make the solution available to enterprise customers including senior living facilities, nursing homes, and healthcare providers.
Unlike cameras or wearables that may intrude on people’s privacy, Serenity uses patented radar technology that allows it to monitor people across multiple rooms in a home without additional equipment. Cherish AI™ runs at the edge to help detect emergency conditions such as falls and signs of rising risk to an individual’s safety, well-being, and health. AT&T collaborated with Cherish to understand the needs of the caregiver and the consumer and designed the initial wireless subsystem embedded in the device.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, people aged 65 and older represent the fastest-growing segment of the US population, with similar trends worldwide. Living longer brings both opportunities and challenges for people and their families. Cherish Serenity helps them live more independently at home and in supervised residential settings with more independence and dignity. It helps friends and families easily know how their loved ones are doing and alerts them when things go wrong. Cherish Serenity brings peace of mind while reducing hardship and costs for all involved.
“The Cherish Serenity platform with Cherish AI enables a whole new class of in-home safety and health monitoring capabilities, all without compromising people’s privacy and dignity, and without requiring any change in how they live,” said Sumit Nagpal, Cherish's Founder, Chairman, and CEO. “Then it goes a vital step further and “just works” to solve the industry’s setup and cost challenges. Our work with AT&T which began in the early days of the COVID pandemic brings instant-on connectivity so that people can plug-and-forget this vital capability and get on with their lives.”
“Cherish Serenity changes the game for in-home sensing using radar technology and artificial intelligence combined with AT&T connectivity,” said Joe Drygas, Vice President, Healthcare Solutions at AT&T. “This device represents a big leap forward in medical-driven technologies for monitoring the health status of aging adults in their daily lives. The Serenity platform opens up a whole new world of advanced sensing where people live, making it beneficial to both caregivers and health providers.”
Cherish Serenity will ship with AT&T cellular connectivity as its default option and go online immediately when powered on. For qualified facilities, additional connectivity and resiliency will be available with the solution through FirstNet®, Built with AT&T—the only network built with and for America’s first responders and the extended public safety community. Cherish Health can use FirstNet as an extended member of the public safety community that could be called upon to support first responders’ emergency response. Eligibility for FirstNet is rigorously reviewed before service is approved to help ensure that the unique capabilities of FirstNet remain dedicated to first responders and those who support them.
For more information about the Cherish Serenity device, visit AT&T Booth #931 at HIMSS 2023.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This may be my last post before being consigned to the naughty corner for a wee bit because I got about 5 dreadbotts in a row. Hopefully it’ll only be a temporary ban.

Anyways, it’s a great ecosystem we’re building, a bit like a “funky town“ of collaborative partners like Arm, Si-Five, MegaChips,etc.

No doubt this post will be reported too, for being off topic or profane or something. Never mind, it’s a groovy song! 💋

♥️ To All

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

KiKi

Regular
This may be my last post before being consigned to the naughty corner for a wee bit because I got about 5 dreadbotts in a row. Hopefully it’ll only be a temporary ban.

Anyways, it’s a great ecosystem we’re building, a bit like a “funky town“ of collaborative partners like Arm, Si-Five, MegaChips,etc.

No doubt this post will be reported too, for being off topic or profane or something. Never mind, it’s a groovy song! 💋

♥️ To All

But why are you posting this then? You are too smart to be looking for trouble.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom