BRN Discussion Ongoing

Townyj

Ermahgerd
Th

Thanks. So is there any way we can be certain? Because the podcast number 20 was gushing with love for Brainchip.
Is Synsense the equal of our camera processing tech? Do they do blur resolution like we do? Because if they don’t then we could well be Prophesees partner for Qualcomm. @Diogenese do you have a thought on this?
Here is the video

At the 32 minute mark the bloke speaks about Prophesee and it’s great tech.
At 37:50 the clincher about coming to smartphones and you will see this really soon.
Get excited people!

Maybe just go along with the flow, if something comes out of it. Awesome! Right now we have not been mentioned by Qualcomm at all, so its just hyping up the unknown.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Damo4

Regular
What i said is happening at this stage. Go back and read again. Mathes exactly. Prove me wrong. I dont care whats effects it does to you. If dont like jogg on.

Don't sweat the small stuff mate, the SP will turn around whether you post about it or not.

Nervous-wreck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
To compensate for my ''whinging'' over the last couple of days :ROFLMAO: :cry: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: :poop: 😂 😇 😇 😇 ;

Updated version of the iceberg. Credit to @uiux and @Neuromorphia

Full disclosure: Indirect dots are just that - though some of the companies like Samsung has been already been mentioned by Brainchip a few years ago, I have kept a few down there until we get confirmation.

Iceberg1.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 92 users
Here is the video

At the 32 minute mark the bloke speaks about Prophesee and it’s great tech.
At 37:50 the clincher about coming to smartphones and you will see this really soon.
Get excited people!

Hi @Dhm

You may have missed some of my posts the day the Qualcomm video was first released. I got massively excited due to the Prophesee link and spent all day finding links to Brainchip….. only to find via @Bravo and Dio that Qualcomm has been working with ICatch and Numen? for some time re neural processing.

I am hopeful Brainchip has superseded them however I could not find any evidence of that. All I managed to prove was I should leave the technical interpretations to @Diogenese 😂

At this stage I am going with it’s not us however I will be ecstatic to be found wrong!

Something may come out when the new phone is released but I guess we’ll have to watch the financials!

:)

EDIT: not sure Numen is the right name and can’t find it now. There is Nuvia who Qualcomm acquired recently but I don’t think that’s them. Interestingly I looked up Qualcomm's hardware suppliers and as well as Prophesee VVDN are on the list.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
To compensate for my ''whinging'' over the last couple of days :ROFLMAO: :cry: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: :poop: 😂 😇 😇 😇 ;

Updated version of the iceberg. Credit to @uiux and @Neuromorphia

Full disclosure: Indirect dots are just that - though some of the companies like Samsung has been already been mentioned by Brainchip a few years ago, I have kept a few down there until we get confirmation.

View attachment 28399
welcome back minions GIF
:love::love:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Xray1

Regular
Morning fellow brners, I for one am a happy shareholder. And that's because I hold shares 😀. It's that simple. Have a fantastic hump day. ❤

I'm a very happy long term shareholder as well, especially after this latest 4C.

As the Co stated previously ..... " watch the fininacials " ............

So now this 4C shows a 1000 % revenue increase from the previous 4C and an further additional income of $650K for R&D .... essentially this 4C imo shows that we have now reached
the " Break Even " Co threshold level as well.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

VictorG

This could just as easily be in collaboration with Synsense rather than Brainchip.

I shared a video the other day with Luca Verra where he confirmed they are using Synsense in commercial applications.
Do you have the date of the video where Luca said they were using Synsense. If my recollection is correct, they were in partnership until Luca discovered Akida.

From recent reports Akida boasts 1 million neurons to Synsense's 320,000 neurons. Akida outperforms Synsense on all metrics.
I'm not saying that they have switched to Akida but would be surprised if they haven't.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Do you have the date of the video where Luca said they were using Synsense. If my recollection is correct, they were in partnership until Luca discovered Akida.

From recent reports Akida boasts 1 million neurons to Synsense's 320,000 neurons. Akida outperforms Synsense on all metrics.
I'm not saying that they have switched to Akida but would be surprised if they haven't.
Hi Victor,

Synsense and Prophesee go back to October 2021:

https://www.prophesee.ai/2021/10/15/synsense-prophesee-neuromorphic-processing-and-sensing/

Oct 15, 2021 – SynSense and Prophesee, two leading neuromorphic technology companies, today announced a partnership that will see the two companies leverage their respective expertise in sensing and processing to develop ultra-low-power solutions for implementing intelligence on the edge for event-based vision applications.
“As IoT applications in smart homes, offices, industries and cities proliferate, there is an increasing need for more intelligence on the edge. Our experience in implementing neuromorphic enabled vision sensing with smart pixel methods complements SynSense’s expertise in neuromorphic processing to make implementing high performance vision more practical. Together we can drive the development of highly efficient, lower cost products that provide more visibility, safety and productivity in a wide range of use cases.” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.

Reading between the lines -
making it more practical could mean "there's room for improvement", and
driving development could mean "we are not there yet".

So certainly Luca's enthusiasm for Akida is more recent, but we don't know what contractual obligations there are between Prophesee and Synsense.

What we do know is that Akida is the only product capable of fully utilizing Prophesee's DVS capability.

Afterthought: I don't recall seeing any mention of Synsense in connexion with the Prophesee/Sony camera de-blurring.

I'm not suggesting that that means Akida is used, because Sony/Prophesee development predates Prophesee/Akida friendship.

Maybe it means that the camera de-blur does not require a NN, or that Sony has alternative processing?

But, if Sony has alternative processing, Akida would beat it hands down.

Or maybe I just missed the Synsense bit of Sony/Prophesee.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

robsmark

Regular
Hi. With some of your facts noted in your post, are you able to send to Tony Dawe to see if he is willing to respond or give the TSE guys a update.
For example, What is happening with the EAP and how many are still included and is the program still running?

The above may assist concerns for some on TSE etc on direction or lack of comments provided by BRN in the 4c.
Hi Pope,

Tony is a great bloke and an astute professional. I have previously raised my concerns with him. I won’t go into the conversation out of respect for him.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
My take on the current situation, shorters seem to be playing around with the stock quite a bit, we’re pretty much at the highest short interest there has been. So much so that there isn’t enough liquidity for them to exit, so they need to manufacture a liquidity event. My guess is that they want to hold us down until we are removed from the. ASX 200 and some funds need to sell out creating enough liquidity for them to cover without materially moving the price. I don’t think LDA capital have sold any shares they have been issued previously (they still sit in the top 20 holders) so hopefully they don’t sell anymore of the additional 30 millon they are getting. On the other side, any materially good news may be enough to ignite a fire on the shorters before they can achieve the above.

Dhm

Regular
Hi Victor,

https://www.prophesee.ai/2021/10/15/synsense-prophesee-neuromorphic-processing-and-sensing/

Oct 15, 2021 – SynSense and Prophesee, two leading neuromorphic technology companies, today announced a partnership that will see the two companies leverage their respective expertise in sensing and processing to develop ultra-low-power solutions for implementing intelligence on the edge for event-based vision applications.
“As IoT applications in smart homes, offices, industries and cities proliferate, there is an increasing need for more intelligence on the edge. Our experience in implementing neuromorphic enabled vision sensing with smart pixel methods complements SynSense’s expertise in neuromorphic processing to make implementing high performance vision more practical. Together we can drive the development of highly efficient, lower cost products that provide more visibility, safety and productivity in a wide range of use cases.” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.

So certainly Luca's enthusiasm for Akida is more recent, but we don't know what contractual obligations there are between Prophesee and Synsense.

What we do know is that Akida is the only product capable of fully utilizing Prophesee's DVS capability.

Afterthought: I don't recall seeing any mention of Synsense in connexion with the Prophesee/Sony camera de-blurring.

I'm not suggesting that that means Akida is used, because Sony/Prophesee development predates Prophesee/Akida friendship.

Maybe it means that the camera de-blur does not require a NN, or that Sony has alternative processing?

I have asked Prophesee via the contact us facility on their website whether they are using us or Synsense tech. I doubt I will get an answer, but if you don’t ask…..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

VictorG

Hi Victor,

I checked Prophesee's website and found the following,

Reading between the lines, there is no mention of a ready and available solution for OEM's with the Synsense and Prophesee partnership while there is with the partnership between Brainchip and Prophesee.

The Prophesee and Synsense partnership reads like a collaboration for R&D.

I hope I'm right 😇🙏

BrainChip Partners with Prophesee Optimizing Computer Vision AI Performance and Efficiency

Jun 20, 2022

BrainChip and Prophesee announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

“We’ve successfully ported the data from Prophesee’s neuromorphic-based camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance,” said Anil Mankar, Co-Founder and CDO of BrainChip. “This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida’s ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and economy of energy at the point of acquisition truly advances state-of-the-art AI enablement and offers manufacturers a ready-to-implement solution.”

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offerings, said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

SynSense and Prophesee partner to combine neuromorphic engineering expertise for developing one-chip event-based smart sensing solution

Oct 15, 2021

SynSense and Prophesee partner to combine neuromorphic engineering expertise for developing one-chip event-based smart sensing solution for ultra-low power edge-AI

“We couldn’t be more excited to enter into a strategic partnership with Prophesee,” said Ning Qiao, CEO of SynSense. “Both companies are world leaders in their respective fields. The deep cooperation between us will promote the development of vision-based neuromorphic intelligence and will accelerate the commercialization of neuromorphic technology.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Beebo

Regular

Reading between the lines, there is no mention of a ready and available solution for OEM's with the Synsense and Prophesee partnership while there is with the partnership between Brainchip and Prophesee.

I hope I'm right 😇🙏

BrainChip Partners with Prophesee Optimizing Computer Vision AI Performance and Efficiency

Jun 20, 2022

BrainChip and Prophesee announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

“We’ve successfully ported the data from Prophesee’s neuromorphic-based camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance,” said Anil Mankar, Co-Founder and CDO of BrainChip. “This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida’s ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and economy of energy at the point of acquisition truly advances state-of-the-art AI enablement and offers manufacturers a ready-to-implement solution.”

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offerings, said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

SynSense and Prophesee partner to combine neuromorphic engineering expertise for developing one-chip event-based smart sensing solution

Oct 15, 2021

SynSense and Prophesee partner to combine neuromorphic engineering expertise for developing one-chip event-based smart sensing solution for ultra-low power edge-AI

“We couldn’t be more excited to enter into a strategic partnership with Prophesee,” said Ning Qiao, CEO of SynSense. “Both companies are world leaders in their respective fields. The deep cooperation between us will promote the development of vision-based neuromorphic intelligence and will accelerate the commercialization of neuromorphic technology.”

Good comparison / agreed! That’s why we are “ de facto” worthy.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Pretty sure this has been discussed before but just came across this article - NASA SiFive connection

"NASA JPL set the goals for the HPSC based on its mission requirements to put autonomy into future spacecraft. Simply put, the tasks associated with autonomy are sensing, perceiving, deciding, and actuating. Sensing involves remote imaging using multi-spectral sensors and image processing"

Larry

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Victor,

Synsense started in Switzerland but moved to China.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/oth...sedgntp&cvid=f8c537b8a0e645aa8ead5bfb4cdf72e5
In November, the (UK) Government announced restrictions on the use of Chinese-made security cameras in 'sensitive' areas amid fears about snooping via devices connected to Whitehall networks.

I wonder if that would include Synsense?

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20

I hope I'm right 😇🙏

Jun 20, 2022

Oct 15, 2021

Hi Victor,

"Optimizing Computer Vision AI Performance" tallys with my thoughts on

driving development could mean "we are not there ye
t".

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Pretty sure this has been discussed before but just came across this article - NASA SiFive connection

"NASA JPL set the goals for the HPSC based on its mission requirements to put autonomy into future spacecraft. Simply put, the tasks associated with autonomy are sensing, perceiving, deciding, and actuating. Sensing involves remote imaging using multi-spectral sensors and image processing"

Larry
Hi Larry,

The closing paragraph is ominous for ARM:

One final note: During my research for this article, I discovered that NASA’s HPSC has not always been based on the RISC-V architecture. A presentation made at the Radiation Hardened Electronics Technology (RHET) Conference in 2018 by Wesley Powell, Assistant Chief for Technology at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Electrical Engineering Division, includes a block diagram of the HPSC, which shows an earlier conceptual design based on eight Arm Cortex-A53 microprocessor cores with NEON SIMD vector engines and floating-point units. Powell continues to be the Principal Technologist on the HPSC program. At some point in the HPSC’s evolution over the past four years, at least by late 2020 when NASA published a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) project Phase I solicitation for the HPSC, the Arm processor cores had been replaced by a requirement for RISC-V processor cores. That change was formally cast in stone last September with the announcement of the project awards to Microchip and SiFive. A sign of the times, perhaps?

Makes our 5 bob each way look like a sound bet.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

TopCat

Regular
Synsense started in Switzerland but moved to China.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/oth...sedgntp&cvid=f8c537b8a0e645aa8ead5bfb4cdf72e5
In November, the (UK) Government announced restrictions on the use of Chinese-made security cameras in 'sensitive' areas amid fears about snooping via devices connected to Whitehall networks.

I wonder if that would include Synsense?
Talking of Synsense, I’m still thinking something has happened with them and iniVation. It’s common knowledge they both worked together to produce “Speck” . They advertise it on all their different pages. Yet at CES 2023, iniVation release their new shiniest and brightest neuromorphic image processor , Aeveon , and I am yet to find any article or anything which links or mentions any Synsense involvement.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So I got thinking about the potential markets of our partners.

NB: The following is just my daydreaming, and not based on sufficient solid information to serve as investment advice.

This is a list of what I think are some of our larger potential partnership markets, ranked in my guess at the relative potential markets.

Happy to have this dissected and forensically examined [substance rather than semantics].

Akida Market Partners

• MorseMicro
  • Prophesee
  • SiFive
  • Valeo
  • Socionext
  • Edge impulse
  • nViso

MorseMicro

The potential market for MorseMicro’s HaLow WiFi gateway is massive.

MorseMicro has the HaLow ultra-low power, ultra-long range, multitude WiFi for IoT.

The creators of HaLow include the inventors of the original WiFi.

HaLow could potentially become the standard for multi-device WiFi gateways.

If HaLow becomes the standard, not only could Akida be used in the gateway, but it may also be required in the connected devices.

The MorseMicro patent for their gateway circuit includes a MAC (multiply accumulate) processor.

Akida can perform MAC operations far more efficiently than a MAC ALU (arithmetic logic unit).

It is also possible that Akida could be used in the communication circuits of IoT devices connected to the HaLow gateway.

MorseMicro is a MegaChips partner, as is BrainChip.

@thelittleshort listed a number of MorseMicro engineers who are following BrainChip. This is significant as MorseMicro does not profess to be an AI company.

Prophesee

Prophesee event-based camera (DVS) and Akida are a hand-and-glove fit.

Akida’s speed and power efficiency surpass alternative technologies previously used with Prophesee.

The potential market for Prophesee is pretty well unlimited, from IoT security through ADAS, to NASA and DoD.

In conjunction with Sony, they have developed a camera blur elimination capability. I don’t know if Akida can be used advantageously with this, but if so, this market alone is huge.

SiFive

SiFive designs processors using RISC-V architecture (RISC = Reduced Instruction Set Computer).

RISC-V is a recently developed computing language and the creators have set up SiFive.

RISC-V is a major competitor to ARM, who use RISC-IV.

The SiFive market is in computers.

Valeo

Valeo makes sensors for ADAS.

Valeo are the market leaders in LiDaR.

Akida has a sweet spot for LiDaR.

The EV revolution will see massive demand for LiDaR in the next few years.

Socionext

Socionext is a major fabless chip designer who produced the production layout for Akida 1000.

They made a co-presentation with BrainChip and nViso at CES2023.

nViso

nViso has human emotion recognition software which has been adapted to utilize the image classification capabilities of Akida at greater than 1000 fps.

This may be useful in implementing the recently-mandated DMS (2022) (Driver Monitoring System) in Europe.

Edge Impulse

Edge Impulse provides ML algorithms for edge devices.

Akida is capable of greatly increasing the processing capability and power efficiency of these algorithms.
Following on from the above partner list, there are others who need us:

Intel
ARM

Intel

Intel is running around in ever decreasing circles, losing market share [ https://www.afr.com/technology/inte...f-its-grimmest-forecasts-ever-20230129-p5cg9k ]

Their Loihi2 is still on training wheels, so they do not have a commercial AI offering comparable with Akida.

ARM

The new kid on the block, SiFive, has already made a lot of friends with its RISC-V tech posing serious competition for ARM's RISC-IV tech.

We are now part of the ecosystem of each of these companies, being offered as an option to their customers. Let's hope that these giants can see the value of Akida in improving the performance of their own processors in regaining much-needed competitiveness.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom