BRN Discussion Ongoing

Another company to keep close tabs on. Their website doesn't seem to be up yet. Megachips have invested in them.
View attachment 15272
I wonder if that is the telecommunications company Sean was alluding to in the interview he done a while back.

Reactions: 7 users

Worker122

Regular
I've just discovered the following on LinkedIn - great, which speakers are participating here, certainly has a lot to do with Brainchip
Just read it through and have fun!

Ricky Hudi, Founder & CEO bei FMT - Future Mobility Technologies GmbH, wrote:

We are only one month away from The Autonomous MainEvent on September 27th 2022 at the Hofburg Imperial Palace in Vienna.
I am looking very much forward to welcome so many of you – not only in Vienna but worldwide through our virtual platform.

Our slogan for this years main event will be:
"Act to Impact"

As Chairman of The Autonomous, it’s an honor to welcome an incredible lineup of speakers - leading experts, executives as well as prestigious academics and thought leaders - who are shaping the future of #autonomousmobility and working on the biggest challenges for the industry.

Our participants will have the chance to listen to 6 panels, 4 keynotes, and join one of our 5 workshops.
Seats are filling up fast, so if you want to be part of this unique global gathering, be quick and book your ticket:
https://lnkd.in/eBiefAyY

Register now to hear from and network with:
Georges Massing (Vice President MB.OS Automated Driving, Powernet & E/E Integration, Mercedes-Benz)
Nakul Duggal (Senior Vice President and General Manager Automotive, Qualcomm)
Markus Heyn (Member of the Board of Management, Bosch)
Maria Anhalt (CEO, Elektrobit)
Lars Reger (CTO & Executive Vice President, NXP Semiconductors)
Dr. Riccardo Mariani (VP of Industry Safety, NVIDIA)
Essa Al-Saleh (CEO and Board Member, Volta Trucks)
Johann Jungwirth (Senior Vice President of Autonomous Vehicles, Mobileye)
Andreas Urschitz (CMO, Infineon)
Glen De Vos (Senior Vice President and CTO, Aptiv)
Philip Koopman (Associate Professor, Carnegie Mellon University)
Indu Vijayan (Director of Product Management, AEye)
Peter S. Schiefer (President, Automotive Division, Infineon)
Mike Potts (CEO, StreetDrone)
Georg Kopetz (CEO, TTTech Auto)
Robert E. Siegel (Lecturer in Management at the Stanford Graduate School of Business)
Stefan Poledna (CTO, TTTech Auto)
Richard Damm (President of Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt, KBA and Chairman of the UNECE Working Party on Automated, Autonomous and Connected Vehicles)
Christoph Hartung (CEO, ETAS GmbH)
Dr. Benedikt Wolfers (Founding Partner, PSWP)
Bryant Walker Smith (Professor at the University of South Carolina)
Jens Kötz (Head of Development Architecture, Energy, Security and Diagnostic Functions, AUDI AG)
Karsten Michels (Head of Product Line HPC at Continental Automotive)
Bernhard Mueller-Bessler (Head of Autonomous Solutions, Hexagon)
Frank Han (Chief Software Architect, Changan Automobile)
Karl Håkan Schildt (Senior Vice President, Traton Group)
Andreas Tschiesner (Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company)
Michael Nikowitz (Coordinator for automated driving at the Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology)

We have a fully packed agenda covering hot topics and the most pressing challenges for the future of safe autonomous mobility.
Make sure to secure your ticket!
Phillip Koopman from Mellon Uni should be a interesting talk.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
It is a bit hard to keep up with the universal processors limitless areas of application.

Drones have interested me since the former CEO Mr. Dinardo first mentioned back in 2020 that AKIDA had application in the search and rescue drone segment.

This morning on the radio was a report from Pakistan that the floods there had displaced 30 million people.

Such large scale events which appear to be more frequent as a result of changing weather patterns need fresh approaches and low cost Drones will clearly have increasing applications.

I was reading this morning that Autonomous Drone Racing ADR is becoming the new test bed for developing search and rescue drones and I then came across the following link:

I cannot access the full paper but the summary is very interesting as it has similarities with the AKIDA racing car learning the race track demonstration from years back.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

clip

Regular
Definitely a use case there . I'm pretty convinced that our products will eventually be incorporated into Nintendo family one way or another.
If Nintendo incorporate Akida in their upcoming consoles, I hope it is in a way, that enables a new kind and innovative way of playing their video games.
Only possible by using Akida.
It would match with Nintendos aim for developing new playing experiences.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
It is a bit hard to keep up with the universal processors limitless areas of application.

Drones have interested me since the former CEO Mr. Dinardo first mentioned back in 2020 that AKIDA had application in the search and rescue drone segment.

This morning on the radio was a report from Pakistan that the floods there had displaced 30 million people.

Such large scale events which appear to be more frequent as a result of changing weather patterns need fresh approaches and low cost Drones will clearly have increasing applications.

I was reading this morning that Autonomous Drone Racing ADR is becoming the new test bed for developing search and rescue drones and I then came across the following link:

I cannot access the full paper but the summary is very interesting as it has similarities with the AKIDA racing car learning the race track demonstration from years back.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Excuse me Sir I think you dropped something back there.

• Love
  • Fire
If Nintendo incorporate Akida in their upcoming consoles, I hope it is in a way, that enables a new kind and innovative way of playing their video games.
Only possible by using Akida.
It would match with Nintendos aim for developing new playing experiences.
If Nintendo incorporate Akida in their upcoming consoles...... I will absolutely lose my composure:cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Foxdog

Regular
I probably might be perceived as over the top with my obvious confirmation bias where the future of Brainchip is concerned so I thought what the heck go for it and ask the really big question:

WILL AKIDA SAVE PLANET EARTH FROM CATASTROPHIC DESTRUCTION BY A ROGUE ASTEROID?

“NASA is ready to test tech that could save the Earth from devastating asteroid impact​

The space agency's DART spacecraft will attempt to knock a passing asteroid off its path.
By Alex Hughes
3 days ago
In an effort to develop defences against incoming asteroids in space, NASA has announced a planned test of its Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART)spacecraft.

The technology will be used to target an asteroid on Monday, September 26 at 12:14am BST. This is an asteroid that will pose no threat to Earth making it a safe way to test DART.

The planned test will show whether a spacecraft is able to autonomously navigate to a target asteroid and intentionally collide with it.

By doing this, DART could change the asteroid’s direction while being measured by ground-based telescopes.”

If Professor Iliadis, Rob Telson, Anil Mankar and Vorago know what they are talking about AKIDA technology could be part of the autonomous solution navigating DART on this mission.

If so how cool will it be at BBQ’s when people are boasting about their EV’s and no plastic lifestyles to be able to say “really I am part of a company that saved the planet last Friday.” 😂🤣😂🥳😎

My opinion and speculative hope so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes, but at what cost FF - they'll have to destroy a little bit of AKIDA in the process....🤔😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Another possible use case for Akida which could save thousands of lives...........

Next step is to have a gun that will only let you shoot three under 10 year old children in a built up area a day. I think that Mr. Heston would be on board with that and Congress would approve.

After all if the under tens mobilised and became a real threat a group of ARA members could hold them off until the National Guard could be called out.

And here in Australia we are wanting to echo the US with the first 100 days report by the Prime Minister. I hate our cultural cringe.

My angry annoyed rant so DYORanting or not
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
So does the man in the moon talk like Donald Duck?

Just to add to the humour.

Thinking about this vast source of helium on the moon, I started to think the possibilities. All I could think of was a bad dad joke.

How do you bring helium back to earth from the moon?

In the bootium of the space craft 😂

Sorry!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Just stumbled across this company which seems a direct competitor to Nviso.
From a very quick look it seems AKIDA would be very useful to Kopernica as well for the same reasons:
Ad·https://www.kopernica.io/
Understand emotion & attention - Advanced AI & Neural Network

Artificial intelligence that detects, listens and reads to analyze how people get excited. Can be applied in different market solutions. Can capture and process data in real time. Human personality. Emotional behavior.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

stuart888

Regular
Just stumbled across this company which seems a direct competitor to Nviso.
From a very quick look it seems AKIDA would be very useful to Kopernica as well for the same reasons:
Ad·https://www.kopernica.io/
Understand emotion & attention - Advanced AI & Neural Network

Artificial intelligence that detects, listens and reads to analyze how people get excited. Can be applied in different market solutions. Can capture and process data in real time. Human personality. Emotional behavior.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
1661727427953.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

robsmark

Regular
Another possible use case for Akida which could save thousands of lives...........

I’m interested in how this will save thousands of lives? With just under 400,000,000 non-smart guns in the USA, do they think that people are going to run out and buy one which likely needs to be charged before use?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
@Fastback6666

Did a little digging before calling it a night and found this link on a MB forum as they were discussing the merits of the MBUX and now to be MB.OS.

Will be for their 2024 model year.

Can see my other post on some bits re the MB.OS.

Anyway, link below and full article pasted.

Highlighted a bit about the fact this was also used on the EQXX as the overall system. We know we were part of that system...well...Hey Merc component we know of as a min....so can we expect given this system is confirmed for MB.OS in 2024 that Akida will play the same role if not expanded? :unsure:

MB look to be maybe blending NVIDiA SoC with Unity or ditching NVIDIA altogether(?), which I wasn't aware of as yet or missed it.

A bit on Unity HMI will be at end of post.

Mercedes-Benz Introducing Unity-Powered Operating System In 2024MY​

BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONAUGUST 9, 2022 8

Mercedes-Benz will introduce a new operating system across its models for the 2024 model year.

The new operating system, simply dubbed Mercedes-Benz Operating System, or MB.OS, will be developed by Unity Technologies and replace the existing MBUX infotainment platform used by all Mercedes models.

Unity Technologies is an expert in real-time 3D platforms and powers 70 per cent of all mobile games on the market. It is also a leader in augmented and virtual reality technologies. Designers from Mercedes-Benz will use Unity Industrial Collection, a complex 3D product visualization software package, to craft the user interface and user experience designs across the digital cockpit, including the instrument cluster, infotainment, and passenger displays.

Unity’s operating system will link all of Mercedes-Benz vehicles to the cloud and with the Internet of Things and comprise of four main areas: powertrain, autonomous driving, infotainment, and body and comfort systems.

“With our own operating system, we want to achieve three key things: to shape the user interface according to a luxury brand, to create a bidirectional communication with the customer and to integrate the digital lifestyle of the customer into the vehicle domain,” Mercedes-Benz chief software officer Magnus Östberg told Auto News.

The new Mercedes-Benz Operating System will come complete with audio and video streaming, in addition to immersive gaming and messaging applications. It will also offer augmented reality-enhanced experiences and use artificial intelligence to adjust vehicle settings depending on the habits and preferences of owners. This system was first previewed in the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept and includes complex, real-time 3D graphics.

Unity says it was selected following a comprehensive evaluation process against other real-time 3D and Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions.

“We will see entirely new visualizations powered by our Unity 3D-Game Engine, creating an extremely realistic representation of the real world,” Östberg added. “This is what we call ‘digital luxury’. ”

A landmark partnership with a luxury automotive leader​

Unity is partnering with Mercedes-Benz AG to power the infotainment domain of its new operating system, which will roll out across its vehicle portfolio.

@Fullmoonfever

Thanks.

That is perfect news that our Neuromorphic Akida chips are needed in the MY2024 models and not just the year as that means production build and need of the chips will be needed well in advance for the production build of the MY2024 models.

Great news also, Mercedes whole infotainment platform being replaced by the MB.OS in all MY2024 models. Get ready to count the dollars rolling in.

That confirms the new MB.OS platform will need to exist in a fully complete Mercedes cars by around September 2023. 12 months time - “tested finished working production car”

This to me means they need to be making all the individual hardware components for the production starting around "now" or at least very very soon I would expect. Ie. Akida chips being physically built on sensors/boards in Taiwan/Japan/Korea on mass then shipped to the Mercedes “factories” to then allow for component testing then set up time for all the tooling/robots for the first production of this platform to build the end production MY2024 car by approx Sept 2023.

Surely this is some of the BRN revenue flow the CEO said we are expecting in this half of this year.

You can’t make the physical Akida chip components required on mass early without paying BRN.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

hotty4040

Regular
If Nintendo incorporate Akida in their upcoming consoles...... I will absolutely lose my composure:cool:
I second that suggestion rfta absolutely twofold IMHO.

Akida Ballista

hotty...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Yes, but at what cost FF - they'll have to destroy a little bit of AKIDA in the process....🤔😆
Yes it will be a hard decision do we sacrifice an AKIDA or Bruce Willis.

Where is the wisdom of Solomon when it’s needed???

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
@Fullmoonfever

Thanks.

That is perfect news that our Neuromorphic Akida chips are needed in the MY2024 models and not just the year as that means production build and need of the chips will be needed well in advance for the production build of the MY2024 models.

Great news also, Mercedes whole infotainment platform being replaced by the MB.OS in all MY2024 models. Get ready to count the dollars rolling in.

That confirms the new MB.OS platform will need to in a fully complete Mercedes cars by around September 2023. 12 months time - “tested finished working production car”

This to me means they need to be making all the individual hardware components for the production starting around now or at least very very soon I would expect. Ie. Akida chips being physically built on sensors/boards in Taiwan/Japan/Korea on mass then shipped to the Mercedes “factories” to then allow for component testing then set up time for all the tooling/robots for the first production of this platform to build the end production MY2024 car by approx Sept 2023.

Surely this is some of the BRN revenue flow the CEO said we are expecting in this half of this year.

You can’t make the physical Akida chip components required on mass early without paying BRN.
It seems automotive is where everyone wants to be including MegaChip and along side gaming for possible use cases of AKIDA they included automotive.

Not saying either yes or no to your proposal but could the extra 2 million come from Mercedes via MegaChip???? It fits your timeline.

My speculative thought only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 14 users

RobjHunt

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
“I cannot access the full paper but the summary is very interesting as it has similarities with the AKIDA racing car learning the race track demonstration from years back.”

Let me tell you FF, that is very similar indeed. Thank you for posting this as it excites me.

@Bravo , is this one of those wet spots that may develop?

Pantene Chippers!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

On the drone front ....

The British just gave a heap of these to the Ukraine.

Created by Prox dynamics
Drone: PD - 100 BLACK HORNET.

Prox dynamics was acquired by FLIR Systems for $134 million in Nov. 2016.

Tiny drone less than 6 inches long,
Flight radius of 1 km,
Day and night vision,
Cost $195,000 USD per drone / unit.
Used by American, British and Australian military forces.

Nice if AKIDA inside.

Regards,
Esq.

• Wow
  • Fire
Top Bottom