BRN Discussion Ongoing

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

---

I made this a while back, a laser pointer with an AI safety switch

It's running on a Pi zero w and utilising Akida via cloud (hence big lag time)

When it detects a face and the beam is hitting a face, it turns laser diodes off

I see Ayn Rand. She's the best. Did you read Atlus Shrugged?.

uiux

Regular
I see Ayn Rand. She's the best. Did you read Atlus Shrugged?.

That is Atlas Shrugged and that's the most use that book has ever had

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
On the paradigm shift Anil Mankar at the 2021 Ai Field Day was asked about whether Brainchip was undertaking ASIL certification for automotive use and he gave a definitive NO.

He stated it was too expensive and too drawn out a process and Brainchip was leaving this to its customers in this space.

Now if it takes the best part of four years for a technology paradigm shift in a game for kids big and small it just makes sense that Ford and Valeo are going to take longer when they also have to undertake ASIL certification.

Mercedes Benz 2024.

Valeo Lidar 2023 - 2024.

FORD - predicted to take control of the US EV market by 2025.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: SiFive, ARM & Renesas are apparently engaged in something called mass market technology shipping billions of low powered intelligent semiconductors for boring use cases like mobile phones, PCs, switches, cameras and white goods so if you are into this type of boring everyday stuff knock yourself out. True dramatically cutting power use across all these areas could save humanity but just so boring.

EQXX is where it is at just look at what one sexy tourer did for the share price compared with ARM saturating the market.

No one is interested in mass market bring on the first AKIDA powered F100 super truck now that will get the share price hopping.😂🤣😂
Hi All,

I’m interested in thoughts....Is the Mercedes 2024 a time frame or a model?

Typically the modeling of the cars is stated as MY as the prefix and then add the year like MY2023 and MY2024.

It is reported that the Mercedes MY2023 models will be available in the end period of 2022 and this is typical of most car manufacturers start making them around September/October for the year ahead.

With that information the Mercedes MY2024 model will need to be planned, designed, tested and production starting fully built by around September 2023.

The product development cycles for cars would be quite extensive and long to built the thousands of components.

Would people expect that for a fully completed Mercedes 2024 model car to be rolling out the factory in September 2023 that they would have to be building the actual physical components on mass starting 12 months before this? In order to achieve the ramp up to the build and worldwide mass production of the MY2024 need by September 2023 - from there they start shipping all around the world for mass consumption in the lead up to 2024.

Would that not mean mass production of physical Akida chips on/in car components(small interface boards, various sensors etc) would need to start to be built from about now to meet the finished car product need of late 2023?

Is this Mercedes Akida physical componentry one of the larger revenue streams that will start from this half of this year? That revenue would have to be very very close you would think 🤔

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

db1969oz

Regular
Anyone know what Edge Impulse, Prophesee, Intelligent Systems Laboratory (ISL), Intellisense, NUMEN, NASA, DARPA, US Airforce Research Labs, MOSCHIP and Nviso do as I seem to recall they have some sort of connection with BrainChip as well.

(Note to self sarcasm is fine when it is funny and does not aim to ridicule an individual. This post so far is not funny according to Blind Freddie so I better make the point clearly as according to him no one is laughing.)

Ok to clarify. The odds are highly in favour of macro economic circumstances moderating market demand (or in other words the US market falling is likely to spook the ASX) on Monday and Brainchip being on the ASX is likely to follow the market down.

The thing is in my opinion if it does go down it will be on low volumes because we all know that Brainchips value is the sum of all its parts and there are just so many parts.

My posts today together with those of others have highlighted just how many opportunities Brainchip has squirrelled away that are publicly known about either because of ASX releases, press releases or other sources such as the 1,000 Eyes.

As well as all of these we know there are up to a further 10 EAP’s under NDA’s. We know there were well north of 100 other NDA’s. We know that by late 2021 there were over 500 commercial opportunities in play. We know that the most prestigious Technology University in the USA Carnegie Mellon has trialled and approved running as part of its degree course the study of AKIDA technology along with five other universities.

We know that DELL Technologies and Tata Consulting Services have been deeply engaged with Brainchip.

If you took the time to read @uiux ‘s post today on the NASA thread it is obvious that AKIDA technology is now the worst kept secret in US Military history.

We know that Vorago successfully completed a Hardsil design proof of concept for the AKD1000 for NASA and predicted it would allow NASA to achieve the Rover target speed of 20 kph essential for successful Moon and Mars exploration.

Watching the share price go up and down by itself or through manipulation as an investor is not fun but in Brainchips case we can turn that old saying on its head and say “What goes down will go up & up & up & up” and it’s only 9 months to the 2023 AGM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ah Fact Finder, the break has ser you well! You are indeed in Find Form!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi all,

As we are shareholder of Brainchip, collectively we are part ownership of Brainchip, some with big portion, some with small portion. Regardless of the portion, we are collectively is a group of shareholder, no matter how look at it.

As we stand, market condition are not in our favour, the nasdaq was down 3.94% on Friday, and the US Future doesn't look hot either.
Screenshot_20220828_224201_Chrome.jpg

So tomorrow morning, things won't be as rose regarding the SP. ( my opinion)

As I see this situation, is a state of war with the market, and the shorter.

When in time of war we need every soldier = shareholder holder available. We have FF return from medical rest, RFTA back from holiday, Esq. 111, Ben on quick brakes (my apologies if i miss anyone). Its time @BaconLover, @Yak52, for you to return for duty, as tomorrow battle ground will require all members to stay strong and hold our ground. ( just my opinion, not Financial Advice)

That's just me reading too much of the: Art of War by Sun Tzu.😊

Good night shareholder.
Learning.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

uiux

Regular

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Looks like MB have been adding bits to their website in anticipation of the wider uptake of AI / Connected vehicles next couple years so that consumers get some transparency and knowledge to feel more comfortable.

We know that the MBUX was running NVIDIA and below is in black n white (well, red) that personal info is processed within the vehicle.

Given that statement and given Akida used in the EQXX you would trust all things equal and that if Akida performed better in internal expanded testing that we would get a run in the newer MB.OS.

We respect privacy. We consider privacy protection from the design phase of Artificial Intelligence systems onwards. We support privacy-enhancing technologies."
Digital services have now become a permanent part of our daily lives. They would not work without supplying a certain amount of data. That makes it even more important to ensure that the privacy of our customers and employees remains protected. In our MBUX multimedia system, personal information is processed exclusively inside the vehicle. Wherever possible and reasonable, we use mock or anonymized data records when testing and training AI systems. Compliance with legal regulations is always mandatory when we do. Data protection is a quality feature for us.

Also on MB.

Ramping up some job ads for the MB.OS / MBUX.

One in particular of interest but unfortunately they not divulge neuromorphic or Akida though hope we are part of the cutting edge tech.

Speech Interaction Developer #HeyMercedes Voice Assistant (f/m/x)​

As a member of the team, you will work with exceptional UI/UX designers, linguists, data scientists and software developers to design, implement, test, launch, document, … speech UI/UX around #HeyMercedes.
You will work with a variety of cutting-edge technologies and development processes and develop comprehensive skills such as leadership, communication, conversational UX design and effective project management.

Appears MB have split the MB.OS into 4 distinct domains. Given our direct experience so far trust we at least involved with Infotainment and maybe Body / Comfort systems and AD with a 3rd party relationship like Valeo etc.

MB.OS is the "Next Big Thing" - Interview with Dr. Michael Hafner

The MB.OS operating system will perfectly link the vehicles with the cloud and the IoT, and comprise four central domains: Powertrain, Autonomous Driving, Infotainment and Body & Comfort Systems

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

RobjHunt

Regular
That is Atlas Shrugged and that's the most use that book has ever had
As you have said prior, you don't have great people skills and it also seems you have a way with words ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

dippY22

Regular
Thanks so much for posting this video @chapman89 and @Sirod69!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't help but get a teensy-weensy bit excited since the segment starts with the host talking about one of the most anticipated events this year being the launch of the Apple i-phone 14 with reports of it including an upgraded processor. She says "the chip is believed to be, although not confirmed, Arm-based".

A random bloke called Dudenoway on the interwebs reckons that Apple 16, Eqynos 2200 and SD898 will be based on ArmV9 architecture, so who am I to doubt him?

This would appear to tie in perfectly with everything I posted yesterday about Arm's next gen V9 architecture and my wild speculation that BrainChip might be the 3rd Party IP shown in the diagram.🤞

The release date is only a few weeks away, so it won't be too long before it will be confirmed either way.

Sweet Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey, please let me be right! 🙏🙏🙏

B x

View attachment 15042

View attachment 15037 View attachment 15038

View attachment 15039

AKIDA got a free plug today. Bridge to Brisbane was on and one of the bosses asked us if we wanted any random words added into his speech cause it spruces up peoples attention so i said yes sure can u throw in the word AKIDA in yr speech, so he did ! 🤣 15000 people heard the word AKIDA. So in their sleep they may be like hmmm AKIDA what is this wonderful mysterious word randomly placed in the middle of a speech and they will be hyponotised. 🤣
Ha,....that speaks to a new spin, or, a variation on a 1,000 eyes. You were acting in the role of a 1,000 VOICES. As I am when I speak of the Brainchip story to people. Or ask a random merchant, electronic sales person, or car salesman,.....do you know if Akida technolgy is "inside"?

Anyway, I like it. Regards, dippY

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Another company to keep close tabs on. Their website doesn't seem to be up yet. Megachips have invested in them.
IMG_20220829_015036.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Hi All,

I’m interested in thoughts....Is the Mercedes 2024 a time frame or a model?

Typically the modeling of the cars is stated as MY as the prefix and then add the year like MY2023 and MY2024.

It is reported that the Mercedes MY2023 models will be available in the end period of 2022 and this is typical of most car manufacturers start making them around September/October for the year ahead.

With that information the Mercedes MY2024 model will need to be planned, designed, tested and production starting fully built by around September 2023.

The product development cycles for cars would be quite extensive and long to built the thousands of components.

Would people expect that for a fully completed Mercedes 2024 model car to be rolling out the factory in September 2023 that they would have to be building the actual physical components on mass starting 12 months before this? In order to achieve the ramp up to the build and worldwide mass production of the MY2024 need by September 2023 - from there they start shipping all around the world for mass consumption in the lead up to 2024.

Would that not mean mass production of physical Akida chips on/in car components(small interface boards, various sensors etc) would need to start to be built from about now to meet the finished car product need of late 2023?

Is this Mercedes Akida physical componentry one of the larger revenue streams that will start from this half of this year? That revenue would have to be very very close you would think 🤔
@Fastback6666

Did a little digging before calling it a night and found this link on a MB forum as they were discussing the merits of the MBUX and now to be MB.OS.

Will be for their 2024 model year.

Can see my other post on some bits re the MB.OS.

Anyway, link below and full article pasted.

Highlighted a bit about the fact this was also used on the EQXX as the overall system. We know we were part of that system...well...Hey Merc component we know of as a min....so can we expect given this system is confirmed for MB.OS in 2024 that Akida will play the same role if not expanded? :unsure:

MB look to be maybe blending NVIDiA SoC with Unity or ditching NVIDIA altogether(?), which I wasn't aware of as yet or missed it.

A bit on Unity HMI will be at end of post.

Mercedes-Benz Introducing Unity-Powered Operating System In 2024MY​

BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONAUGUST 9, 2022 8

Mercedes-Benz will introduce a new operating system across its models for the 2024 model year.

The new operating system, simply dubbed Mercedes-Benz Operating System, or MB.OS, will be developed by Unity Technologies and replace the existing MBUX infotainment platform used by all Mercedes models.

Unity Technologies is an expert in real-time 3D platforms and powers 70 per cent of all mobile games on the market. It is also a leader in augmented and virtual reality technologies. Designers from Mercedes-Benz will use Unity Industrial Collection, a complex 3D product visualization software package, to craft the user interface and user experience designs across the digital cockpit, including the instrument cluster, infotainment, and passenger displays.

Unity’s operating system will link all of Mercedes-Benz vehicles to the cloud and with the Internet of Things and comprise of four main areas: powertrain, autonomous driving, infotainment, and body and comfort systems.

“With our own operating system, we want to achieve three key things: to shape the user interface according to a luxury brand, to create a bidirectional communication with the customer and to integrate the digital lifestyle of the customer into the vehicle domain,” Mercedes-Benz chief software officer Magnus Östberg told Auto News.

The new Mercedes-Benz Operating System will come complete with audio and video streaming, in addition to immersive gaming and messaging applications. It will also offer augmented reality-enhanced experiences and use artificial intelligence to adjust vehicle settings depending on the habits and preferences of owners. This system was first previewed in the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept and includes complex, real-time 3D graphics.

Unity says it was selected following a comprehensive evaluation process against other real-time 3D and Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions.

“We will see entirely new visualizations powered by our Unity 3D-Game Engine, creating an extremely realistic representation of the real world,” Östberg added. “This is what we call ‘digital luxury’. ”

A landmark partnership with a luxury automotive leader​

Unity is partnering with Mercedes-Benz AG to power the infotainment domain of its new operating system, which will roll out across its vehicle portfolio.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

uiux

Regular
@Fastback6666

Did a little digging before calling it a night and found this link on a MB forum as they were discussing the merits of the MBUX and now to be MB.OS.

Will be for their 2024 model year.

Can see my other post on some bits re the MB.OS.

Anyway, link below and full article pasted.

Highlighted a bit about the fact this was also used on the EQXX as the overall system. We know we were part of that system...well...Hey Merc component we know of as a min....so can we expect given this system is confirmed for MB.OS in 2024 that Akida will play the same role if not expanded? :unsure:

MB look to be maybe blending NVIDiA SoC with Unity or ditching NVIDIA altogether(?), which I wasn't aware of as yet or missed it.

A bit on Unity HMI will be at end of post.

Mercedes-Benz Introducing Unity-Powered Operating System In 2024MY​

BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONAUGUST 9, 2022 8

Mercedes-Benz will introduce a new operating system across its models for the 2024 model year.

The new operating system, simply dubbed Mercedes-Benz Operating System, or MB.OS, will be developed by Unity Technologies and replace the existing MBUX infotainment platform used by all Mercedes models.

Unity Technologies is an expert in real-time 3D platforms and powers 70 per cent of all mobile games on the market. It is also a leader in augmented and virtual reality technologies. Designers from Mercedes-Benz will use Unity Industrial Collection, a complex 3D product visualization software package, to craft the user interface and user experience designs across the digital cockpit, including the instrument cluster, infotainment, and passenger displays.

Unity’s operating system will link all of Mercedes-Benz vehicles to the cloud and with the Internet of Things and comprise of four main areas: powertrain, autonomous driving, infotainment, and body and comfort systems.

“With our own operating system, we want to achieve three key things: to shape the user interface according to a luxury brand, to create a bidirectional communication with the customer and to integrate the digital lifestyle of the customer into the vehicle domain,” Mercedes-Benz chief software officer Magnus Östberg told Auto News.

The new Mercedes-Benz Operating System will come complete with audio and video streaming, in addition to immersive gaming and messaging applications. It will also offer augmented reality-enhanced experiences and use artificial intelligence to adjust vehicle settings depending on the habits and preferences of owners. This system was first previewed in the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept and includes complex, real-time 3D graphics.

Unity says it was selected following a comprehensive evaluation process against other real-time 3D and Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions.

“We will see entirely new visualizations powered by our Unity 3D-Game Engine, creating an extremely realistic representation of the real world,” Östberg added. “This is what we call ‘digital luxury’. ”

A landmark partnership with a luxury automotive leader​

Unity is partnering with Mercedes-Benz AG to power the infotainment domain of its new operating system, which will roll out across its vehicle portfolio.

@Bravo has a heap of stuff on unity and mb.os

Might be worth breaking it out into a new thread for MB.OS

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
@Bravo has a heap of stuff on unity and mb.os

Might be worth breaking it out into a new thread for MB.OS
Cheers

Probs morn if chance.

Unity also has own AI of some sort...not looked into so not sure if cause prob for us or not.

Presume not as we were also in the EQXX and working together could also open additional gaming oops for Akida.

Crashing now...up in 5 1/2 hrs :mad:

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
I like to look at thing's like this to gain insight to where companies source their components from for their devices.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

uiux

Regular
I like to look at thing's like this to gain insight to where companies source their components from for their devices.

Good thinking.

Specifically:

• We aren't shallow—it's what's inside that counts. The red Joy-Con comes out ahead with IR hardware and an NFC antenna.
  • The IR hardware consists of an IR camera and four IR LEDs. Nintendo says that the camera can detect different hand shapes, distance, and in the future will be able to record video. As for the LEDs, our bet is that they cast IR light onto nearby objects to make them easier to identify.

---

The most intriguing surprise inside the Joy-Con controller is a motion-depth infrared camera, which Nintendo's designers insist can differentiate between distinct hand shapes. To illustrate this, Nintendo reps showed off the controller recognizing hand shapes for rock, paper, and scissors. The tracker will also be able to detect exactly how far an object is from the controller. Nintendo says these will be able to record full video "in the future."

---

Perfect use-case for Akida IP.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Screenshot_2022-08-29-02-31-34-85.jpg

Unfortunately that part of megachips got sold.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Good thinking.

Specifically:

• We aren't shallow—it's what's inside that counts. The red Joy-Con comes out ahead with IR hardware and an NFC antenna.
  • The IR hardware consists of an IR camera and four IR LEDs. Nintendo says that the camera can detect different hand shapes, distance, and in the future will be able to record video. As for the LEDs, our bet is that they cast IR light onto nearby objects to make them easier to identify.

---

The most intriguing surprise inside the Joy-Con controller is a motion-depth infrared camera, which Nintendo's designers insist can differentiate between distinct hand shapes. To illustrate this, Nintendo reps showed off the controller recognizing hand shapes for rock, paper, and scissors. The tracker will also be able to detect exactly how far an object is from the controller. Nintendo says these will be able to record full video "in the future."

---

Perfect use-case for Akida IP.
Definitely a use case there . I'm pretty convinced that our products will eventually be incorporated into Nintendo family one way or another.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
A4CF4D68-BD81-421C-BC19-380CF9C16B60.jpeg

2EF5B3B7-89E3-4565-A31C-9CC07A837451.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

I was getting pretty excited at the four thousand four hundred and sixty seven hours and five minutes and eighteen second mark.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom