BRN Discussion Ongoing

MDhere

Regular
AKIDA got a free plug today. Bridge to Brisbane was on and one of the bosses asked us if we wanted any random words added into his speech cause it spruces up peoples attention so i said yes sure can u throw in the word AKIDA in yr speech, so he did ! 🤣 15000 people heard the word AKIDA. So in their sleep they may be like hmmm AKIDA what is this wonderful mysterious word randomly placed in the middle of a speech and they will be hyponotised. 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Back in the NINTENDO camp looking at the announcement on the Megachips website it clearly states that Megachips "solve customers problems by integrating Akida s innovative technology into our ASIC solution
services in markets such as automotive, IoT, cameras, gaming and industrial robotics. So therefore by mentioning gaming and the fact that Nintendo is a large scale customer of Megachips there has to be a better than average chance of Nintendo being integrated with Akida IP.

Screenshot_20220828-205225_Drive.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I probably might be perceived as over the top with my obvious confirmation bias where the future of Brainchip is concerned so I thought what the heck go for it and ask the really big question:

WILL AKIDA SAVE PLANET EARTH FROM CATASTROPHIC DESTRUCTION BY A ROGUE ASTEROID?

“NASA is ready to test tech that could save the Earth from devastating asteroid impact​

The space agency's DART spacecraft will attempt to knock a passing asteroid off its path.
By Alex Hughes
3 days ago
In an effort to develop defences against incoming asteroids in space, NASA has announced a planned test of its Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART)spacecraft.

The technology will be used to target an asteroid on Monday, September 26 at 12:14am BST. This is an asteroid that will pose no threat to Earth making it a safe way to test DART.

The planned test will show whether a spacecraft is able to autonomously navigate to a target asteroid and intentionally collide with it.

By doing this, DART could change the asteroid’s direction while being measured by ground-based telescopes.”

If Professor Iliadis, Rob Telson, Anil Mankar and Vorago know what they are talking about AKIDA technology could be part of the autonomous solution navigating DART on this mission.

If so how cool will it be at BBQ’s when people are boasting about their EV’s and no plastic lifestyles to be able to say “really I am part of a company that saved the planet last Friday.” 😂🤣😂🥳😎

My opinion and speculative hope so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hey mate, Your light hearted tones within your above post is bang on the knocker, I reckon.
I said in an earlier post in an around about way, that it is an extremely humbling experience to be involved (be it a minor shareholder) of what is undoubtedly at play here. Beneficial AI at its finest, and where only getting started.
rocket GIF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I am thinking of just basic use cases:

A controller that can recognise who is holding it to adjust the in game profile accordingly
Could you develop that maybe with fingerprint sensor in the controller like unlock on phone.

Once print registered, whoever holds the controller it picks up their print on one of the buttons as a sensor?

Or you thinking cam to image the holders face for ID?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

uiux

Regular
Could you develop that maybe with fingerprint sensor in the controller like unlock on phone.

Once print registered, whoever holds the controller it picks up their print on one of the buttons as a sensor?

Or you thinking cam to image the holders face for ID?

yea just some cheap low power cam

example use would be when you create the profile on the switch, it gets you to 'enrol' your face

think of how useful this could be, just passing the controller around and having your settings load automatically, eg. sensitivity, inverted controls, keybindings etc

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

example use would be when you create the profile on the switch, it gets you to 'enrol' your face
Shouldn't be too hard. Front facing cheap cam as you say.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
I am thinking of just basic use cases:

A controller that can recognise who is holding it to adjust the in game profile accordingly
A Fact Finder weekend crazy idea.

Tony Dawe is alleged to have said something along the lines that a couple of EAP’s had completely thrown out their ideas for AKD1000 after realising how powerful it was and gone back to the drawing board thus delaying the anticipated outcome of the EAP.

What if one of these was Nintendo and that is why the March 2021 release date of their new product was abandoned and is now estimated to be March, 2023.

If AKIDA is capable of increasing the Rover speed to 20 kph on the Moon what can it do for Nintendo.

As I said a weekend crazy idea.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 51 users

uiux

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
I can’t find it now but I remember seeing a presentation recently where the graphic used to represent the gaming applications for Akida was quite obviously a Nintendo Switch controller. The split design is very unique and if they were just referring to gaming in general they would not use it IMO, but rather a generic traditional controller a la PlayStation/XBox/almost every other console that has ever existed because that’s much more recognisable as a hand controller.

Using the Switch controller instead is a choice, a very specific one, and in the context of the MegaChips licensing and their relationship with Nintendo I think the motivations behind this choice are blindingly obvious.
IMG_20220828_203246.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
I am going to make a prototype right now.
Make sure you patent it first haha

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

uiux

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

clip

Regular
I can’t find it now but I remember seeing a presentation recently where the graphic used to represent the gaming applications for Akida was quite obviously a Nintendo Switch controller. The split design is very unique and if they were just referring to gaming in general they would not use it IMO, but rather a generic traditional controller a la PlayStation/XBox/almost every other console that has ever existed because that’s much more recognisable as a hand controller.

Using the Switch controller instead is a choice, a very specific one, and in the context of the MegaChips licensing and their relationship with Nintendo I think the motivations behind this choice are blindingly obvious.
The presentation is on the megachips frontpage :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

butcherano

Regular
Don’t recall this podcast with Doug Fairbairn being posted before.

Was recorded in June this year (after the Brainchip podcast) and gives a really good insight into the Megachips priorities for the US market - wearables (headphones and earbuds), the security market and the industrial space are the three that they’re pursuing actively.

Definitely not detracting from Nintendo though…this podcast was focussed purely on their push into the US market.

Edit - sorry @DingoBorat, I just realised that you posted this a couple of months ago….but was definitely worth a fresh listen!…(y)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

uiux

Regular

Was recorded in June this year (after the Brainchip podcast) and gives a really good insight into the Megachips priorities for the US market - wearables (headphones and earbuds), the security market and the industrial space are the three that they’re pursuing actively.

Definitely not detracting from Nintendo though…this podcast was focussed purely on their push into the US market.

Always nice to be grounded

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I've just discovered the following on LinkedIn - great, which speakers are participating here, certainly has a lot to do with Brainchip
Just read it through and have fun!

Ricky Hudi, Founder & CEO bei FMT - Future Mobility Technologies GmbH, wrote:

We are only one month away from The Autonomous MainEvent on September 27th 2022 at the Hofburg Imperial Palace in Vienna.
I am looking very much forward to welcome so many of you – not only in Vienna but worldwide through our virtual platform.

Our slogan for this years main event will be:
"Act to Impact"

As Chairman of The Autonomous, it’s an honor to welcome an incredible lineup of speakers - leading experts, executives as well as prestigious academics and thought leaders - who are shaping the future of #autonomousmobility and working on the biggest challenges for the industry.

Our participants will have the chance to listen to 6 panels, 4 keynotes, and join one of our 5 workshops.
Seats are filling up fast, so if you want to be part of this unique global gathering, be quick and book your ticket:
https://lnkd.in/eBiefAyY

Register now to hear from and network with:
Georges Massing (Vice President MB.OS Automated Driving, Powernet & E/E Integration, Mercedes-Benz)
Nakul Duggal (Senior Vice President and General Manager Automotive, Qualcomm)
Markus Heyn (Member of the Board of Management, Bosch)
Maria Anhalt (CEO, Elektrobit)
Lars Reger (CTO & Executive Vice President, NXP Semiconductors)
Dr. Riccardo Mariani (VP of Industry Safety, NVIDIA)
Essa Al-Saleh (CEO and Board Member, Volta Trucks)
Johann Jungwirth (Senior Vice President of Autonomous Vehicles, Mobileye)
Andreas Urschitz (CMO, Infineon)
Glen De Vos (Senior Vice President and CTO, Aptiv)
Philip Koopman (Associate Professor, Carnegie Mellon University)
Indu Vijayan (Director of Product Management, AEye)
Peter S. Schiefer (President, Automotive Division, Infineon)
Mike Potts (CEO, StreetDrone)
Georg Kopetz (CEO, TTTech Auto)
Robert E. Siegel (Lecturer in Management at the Stanford Graduate School of Business)
Stefan Poledna (CTO, TTTech Auto)
Richard Damm (President of Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt, KBA and Chairman of the UNECE Working Party on Automated, Autonomous and Connected Vehicles)
Christoph Hartung (CEO, ETAS GmbH)
Dr. Benedikt Wolfers (Founding Partner, PSWP)
Bryant Walker Smith (Professor at the University of South Carolina)
Jens Kötz (Head of Development Architecture, Energy, Security and Diagnostic Functions, AUDI AG)
Karsten Michels (Head of Product Line HPC at Continental Automotive)
Bernhard Mueller-Bessler (Head of Autonomous Solutions, Hexagon)
Frank Han (Chief Software Architect, Changan Automobile)
Karl Håkan Schildt (Senior Vice President, Traton Group)
Andreas Tschiesner (Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company)
Michael Nikowitz (Coordinator for automated driving at the Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology)

We have a fully packed agenda covering hot topics and the most pressing challenges for the future of safe autonomous mobility.
Make sure to secure your ticket!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

clip

Regular

think of how useful this could be, just passing the controller around and having your settings load automatically, eg. sensitivity, inverted controls, keybindings etc
I am thinking about an integrated camera too. Not only for face detection but also for object detection/tracking and gestures.
Then literally everything in front of the camera can become game relevant.
For example: You need to open this door? Just hold up the yellow key card in front of the camera.
Objects in front of the camera can trigger game events.

Only problem i see is, a camera in a gaming console with internet connection might rise concerns regarding privacy....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

uiux

Regular

---

I made this a while back, a laser pointer with an AI safety switch

It's running on a Pi zero w and utilising Akida via cloud (hence big lag time)

When it detects a face and the beam is hitting a face, it turns laser diodes off

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

True and that is the mandate for the Megachips US division.

The below is from the about us page on the Megachips site....there is that "mid 2020" date again :unsure:

As we all know & need remember is that most large companies have multiple divisions / subsidiaries and can have one division do some particular work, whether be design, engineering, testing, R&D etc and then move that finished product / IP / design etc back to the other entity for an intercompany transaction.

So, for all we know, Megachips Japan can have Megachips US work closely with BRN given in Cal then merely transfer the outcome back to the parent Co for use with their clients in Japan like a Nintendo and the $ payment would be US based from Megachips US to BRN US.

Would need start reviewing Megachips Fins for any clues.

Moving to the US

MegaChips came to the United States in 1995, but kept a low profile. However it has made a number of strategic investments in the US. It acquired SiTime Corp, located in Santa Clara CA, in 2014 and then spun it out as a public company in 2019. In July 2021, MegaChips invested in SiliconBrite, a company focused on analog and mixed-signal technologies. Later in 2021, MegaChips struck a strategic partnership with Motus-Labs to work jointly on products for the robotics and automated equipment.

In a much more aggressive move, in mid-2020, founder and Chairman, Masahiro Shindo, identified AI/ML technology to be critical to Megachips’ future and asked the US operation to take a leadership position in moving the company in that direction.

MegaChips began an internal training program to allow a group of dedicated engineers to become experts in this important technology. The company made significant investments in the US to identify key partners, build relationships with local universities, and acquire key talent in this space. In 2021, the company made multi-million-dollar investments in two key AI/IP partners, Brainchip and Quadric, to bolster its offerings in the Edge AI market. The company is now positioned to make an aggressive move into the US ASIC market, using its skills in Edge AI as a key component of that move.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom