BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dhm

Regular

JWPM CONSULTING​

BrainChip ASX: Akida neuromorphic processor. AI at the edge.​

Dont know if already posted…but really a very good article about Brainchip and its future…

Akida™ will soon be the Model-T of neuromorphic processors​

It is a great article, in spite of its age. But what motivated JWPM Consulting to do such an in-depth article in the first place?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Nantrix

Emerged
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
Ooh La La..
lol
Apologies if already posted
i like it , I like it alot, thanks for the post Nantrix. Though the bit about would make an attractive takeover canditate by a global player can hold its horses a bit, aint no takevover in single $ digits try high double $ digits.
But i do like the bit about - It is no coincidence that the Akida chip was recently accepted into the AI Partner Program by ARM. Mercedes-Benz also relies on the novel technology for its EQXX. Nice article and good positive blog.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

stuart888

Regular
Lots of smart people here, thanks for helping us newbies at the code level. I have been trying to wrap my brain around the Renesas 2-node license. Dio might have mentioned 2 nodes and 8 NPUs. Perhaps the term node is not working for me. The 8 NPUs is Neural Processing Units I assume. The nodes, layers, NPUs kind of get foggy for those of us javascript/sql programmers!

Brainchip's big advantage is tangled in the SNN architecture. I also realize that the output of Akida often is to another receiving function. Meaning we are part of a solution, in a chain to the final outcome of message to the user. Like Nasa for example, Akida after being dormmate (non-spiked! non-threshold!) for months, awakes to send a signal that an asteroid is approaching and might fire up the energy usage next step.

The more everyone talks about the architecture details the better in my opinion. Layers, nodes, activation functions, all that. Keep it coming, very helpful.

1659904692833.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

uiux

Regular
Lots of smart people here, thanks for helping us newbies at the code level. I have been trying to wrap my brain around the Renesas 2-node license. Dio might have mentioned 2 nodes and 8 NPUs. Perhaps the term node is not working for me. The 8 NPUs is Neural Processing Units I assume. The nodes, layers, NPUs kind of get foggy for those of us javascript/sql programmers!

Brainchip's big advantage is tangled in the SNN architecture. I also realize that the output of Akida often is to another receiving function. Meaning we are part of a solution, in a chain to the final outcome of message to the user. Like Nasa for example, Akida after being dormmate (non-spiked! non-threshold!) for months, awakes to send a signal that an asteroid is approaching and might fire up the energy usage next step.

The more everyone talks about the architecture details the better in my opinion. Layers, nodes, activation functions, all that. Keep it coming, very helpful.

View attachment 13563

Hi Stuart if you are a coder you might appreciate the working examples I've put together using Akida:

To understand layers of the network, this is an example of the edge learning enabled mobilenet model:

Model Summary ________________________________________________ Input shape Output shape Sequences Layers ================================================ [224, 224, 3] [1, 1, 10] 1 16 ________________________________________________ SW/conv_0-akida_edge_layer (Software) ________________________________________________________________ Layer (type) Output shape Kernel shape ================================================================ conv_0 (InputConv.) [112, 112, 16] (3, 3, 3, 16) ________________________________________________________________ separable_1 (Sep.Conv.) [112, 112, 32] (3, 3, 16, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 16, 32) ________________________________________________________________ separable_2 (Sep.Conv.) [56, 56, 64] (3, 3, 32, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 32, 64) ________________________________________________________________ separable_3 (Sep.Conv.) [56, 56, 64] (3, 3, 64, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 64, 64) ________________________________________________________________ separable_4 (Sep.Conv.) [28, 28, 128] (3, 3, 64, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 64, 128) ________________________________________________________________ separable_5 (Sep.Conv.) [28, 28, 128] (3, 3, 128, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 128, 128) ________________________________________________________________ separable_6 (Sep.Conv.) [14, 14, 256] (3, 3, 128, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 128, 256) ________________________________________________________________ separable_7 (Sep.Conv.) [14, 14, 256] (3, 3, 256, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 256, 256) ________________________________________________________________ separable_8 (Sep.Conv.) [14, 14, 256] (3, 3, 256, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 256, 256) ________________________________________________________________ separable_9 (Sep.Conv.) [14, 14, 256] (3, 3, 256, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 256, 256) ________________________________________________________________ separable_10 (Sep.Conv.) [14, 14, 256] (3, 3, 256, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 256, 256) ________________________________________________________________ separable_11 (Sep.Conv.) [14, 14, 256] (3, 3, 256, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 256, 256) ________________________________________________________________ separable_12 (Sep.Conv.) [7, 7, 512] (3, 3, 256, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 256, 512) ________________________________________________________________ separable_13 (Sep.Conv.) [1, 1, 512] (3, 3, 512, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 512, 512) ________________________________________________________________ spike_generator (Sep.Conv.) [1, 1, 2048] (3, 3, 512, 1) ________________________________________________________________ (1, 1, 512, 2048) ________________________________________________________________ akida_edge_layer (Fully.) [1, 1, 10] (1, 1, 2048, 10) ________________________________________________________________ Learning Summary ____________________________________________ Learning Layer # Input Conn. # Weights ============================================ akida_edge_layer 2048 350 ____________________________________________

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

stuart888

Regular
Higher level thinking about the architecture of the SNN model. No Loops? I was sitting over thing no loops computing, wow, that is the best architecture ever for a zillion use cases. Go spike go.

Ain't no loops. Spikes = No loops = Energy Efficiency = Everyone Wants it!

There are use case for loops! Akida = no loops? Very interesting is this Brainchip, has me captured.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Slade

Top 20
001 If akida go to 003
002 Abort and seek help from team brn
003 You win proceed with confidence
004 ……

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Not a lot of content this morning, is every one in awe of Uiux & Stuart888 vast intellect?👨‍🏫🧠o_O
crickets GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

jtardif999

Regular

JWPM CONSULTING​

BrainChip ASX: Akida neuromorphic processor. AI at the edge.​

Dont know if already posted…but really a very good article about Brainchip and its future…

Akida™ will soon be the Model-T of neuromorphic processors​

The article is from July 2020. I particularly like the following paragraph:
“Brainchip's first chip is now in production and technology company's have been working on applications for over 12 months.”
Akida IP was released in May 2019 so basically some (perhaps many) of our early access partners have been working on applications for more than 3 years now. Time to market for ARM customers turning designs into products has been described as about a 3 to 4 years. Seems to me things should start to explode over the next 12 months for Akida related products. AIMO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
No one here this morning
Confused Wile E Coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Interesting there are no large selling walls on BRN stock until around $1.195/$1.20 this morning.

Only 10 minutes out from open you would expect to see some closer to the open price.

Today may just be a softer day in the market with US futures a little red.

Only a daily observation and does not mean much for us long term investors.

Reactions: 11 users
Announcements???

Reactions: 1 users
Why tf did trading freeze for a second and then resume. ASX corruption

Reactions: 1 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

US Senate passed the Climate Change Bill over the weekend.

Includes $369 billion US to expediate green technologies to meet greenhouse environmental targets.

Should be a shot in the arm for companys involved in earth saving technologies.

GO BRAINCHIP.

Wooo Hooo.

Smiling

😃.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 13563

Hi Stuart,

This shows an array of 16 nodes, each with 4 NPUs.

1659918423982.png

The matrix is a representation of the layout of the nodes/NPUs in silicon.

The layers are the electrical inteconnexions of the NPUs.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...tedindex=12&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=0&sim=11

See the source image

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Good Morning Chippers,

US Senate passed the Climate Change Bill over the weekend.

Includes $369 billion US to expediate green technologies to meet greenhouse environmental targets.

Should be a shot in the arm for companys involved in earth saving technologies.

GO BRAINCHIP.

Wooo Hooo.

Smiling

😃.

Regards,
Esq.
We are in the right place at the right time.

You want to save on power and increase performance, Companies just select and add BRN to cart.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers,

New Gross shorts for last friday 5th Aug 2022...

616, 515 shares.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Quiltman

Regular
It feels like accumulators/shorters are wringing out the last of the shares available around these prices ...

1659921284869.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom