Brainchip Podcasts, Interviews and Presentations

TechGirl

Founding Member
The other thing from this interview I took out is how confidently he is saying Mercedes now right.

Yes agreed.....

Reactions: 6 users

Lex555

Regular
Great interview with Sean at Strawman.

Positive - cashflow positive later this year!

Negative - with the competitor comparison he has GrAI matter as commercialized like brain chip, but he doesn’t mention them. Also, on the competitor table comparison there’s no mention of them? Does anyone have a recommended article or forum discussion which goes into them in depth. Are they a peer?

Reactions: 7 users

Lex555

Regular

Negative - with the competitor comparison he has GrAI matter as commercialized like brain chip, but he doesn’t mention them. Also, on the competitor table comparison there’s no mention of them? Does anyone have a recommended article or forum discussion which goes into them in depth. Are they a peer?
Found discussion here

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Lex555

Regular
Looks like GrAI is at best, good but lacks one-shot learning, and has higher power consumption

• Love
Looks like GrAI is at best, good but lacks one-shot learning, and has higher power consumption
Hi Lex
I asked Brainchip about this and they are in the throws of redoing the comparable tech table but at present they have had GrAi in 'Others' on the present table.

The presentation Ken Scarince did was flicked to him at the last minute by Sean Hehir who had an urgent important meeting come up that he wanted to attend and he had been working on the slides.

There is no doubt you do not apply for a job at Brainchip at the moment if you are not a workaholic. They are clearly stretched to the max. Did you notice in the Sean Hehir/Tony Dawe presentation that for the first time they advised that they now have demand across IP and chips where chips were just there to prove the concept in the past and as Anil Mankar said they would try to talk customers into the IP but apparently no longer.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Hi Lex
I asked Brainchip about this and they are in the throws of redoing the comparable tech table but at present they have had GrAi in 'Others' on the present table.

The presentation Ken Scarince did was flicked to him at the last minute by Sean Hehir who had an urgent important meeting come up that he wanted to attend and he had been working on the slides.

There is no doubt you do not apply for a job at Brainchip at the moment if you are not a workaholic. They are clearly stretched to the max. Did you notice in the Sean Hehir/Tony Dawe presentation that for the first time they advised that they now have demand across IP and chips where chips were just there to prove the concept in the past and as Anil Mankar said they would try to talk customers into the IP but apparently no longer.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi Lex
Sorry did not go back far enough in the thread. Definitely not a competitor they are a single purpose chip without any of the margin of victory features of AKIDA technology. This is why they have been tucked away in the 'Others" box.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
F

Filobeddo

Agreed, having GrAI listed on the presentation as the only other commercial along with BRN invites confusion, I was surprised that the interviewer or listeners didn’t question Sean on it, when were spruiking being the only one to market.

Reactions: 4 users

Baisyet

Regular
How I see it as having a competitor is good thing, if we have them then we will be on our toes to make it happen and be ahead of the pack. Because of the competitor they will work hard. Without a competitor one will get lazy in my view. How many big brands have competitor and how one is ahead of other pack and beating in terms of market or innovation there are so many examples.
So i am not worried about them in fact i feel there should be a competitor.
Cheers

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

hamilton66

Regular
That was a great interview (Wall St) with Sean.

Regarding Sean's mention of revenue, I didn't understand it as being revenue ramping up or "explosive revenue" like some of you have. I have full confidence in Sean and PVDM, not trying to discount what they have said at all, but I'm struggling to understand how we can come to that conclusion from what Sean said in this interview.

Couldn't Sean's mention of revenue be referring to PCIe boards, MegaChips fees, EAP payments? Maybe I have missed why we can expect more than that?

Other than that confusion, I love the interview! So much confidence and it's interesting to hear directly from Sean about what direction he's focusing on.
G, massively impressed by this guy. Hope he stays with us.

Reactions: 4 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Slade

Top 20
Another interview with Rob. Posted into the discussion thread by Crispy with credit to @Dallas for the find.

Keeping the threads up to date so it's easy to find interviews 👌🔥

Akida Ballista
https://www.techprounicorn.com/brai...ions-on-a-chip-rob-telson-vp-sales-brainchip/
Love this Podcast....Rob's excited!

BrainChip is publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange, and the OTC Market, and was named among the ‘EE Times’ Silicon 100’ list. Within a year, BrainChip’s market cap also grew from just below $200m to nearly $1 billion+ at present. BrainChip also predicts it’ll be worth $60 billion by 2025!
Rob reckons that is now $70 Billion

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

dippY22

Regular
Love this Podcast....Rob's excited!

BrainChip is publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange, and the OTC Market, and was named among the ‘EE Times’ Silicon 100’ list. Within a year, BrainChip’s market cap also grew from just below $200m to nearly $1 billion+ at present. BrainChip also predicts it’ll be worth $60 billion by 2025!
Rob reckons that is now $70 Billion

Slade, there seems to be a disconnect in the podcast description which needs to be pointed out here, and perhaps corrected by the podcast people if I am right. Your bolded sentence about Brainchips estimated 2025 market value does not not seem correct to me. I think it refers to estimated T.A.M. - total addressable (edge) market, NOT the market value of Brainchip in 2025, unfortunately.

I wish that were the case, and maybe it will be, .....who knows.

I think the confusion may be in that the paragraph beneath the podcats "begin" arrow is written incorrectly. I don't believe they meant to write that Brainchips market value will be 60 billion, rather, the they should have written that TAM would be 60 billion, .... which Rob then states to be 70 billion at the beginning of the actual podcast.

Anyone else see it this way?

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Rskiff

Regular
Slade, there seems to be a disconnect in the podcast description which needs to be pointed out here, and perhaps corrected by the podcast people if I am right. Your bolded sentence about Brainchips estimated 2025 market value does not not seem correct to me. I think it refers to estimated T.A.M. - total addressable (edge) market, NOT the market value of Brainchip in 2025, unfortunately.

I think the confusion may be in that the paragraph beneath the podcats "begin" arrow is written incorrectly. I don't believe they meant to write that Brainchips market value will be 60 billion, rather, the they should have written that TAM would be 60 billion, .... which Rob then states to be 70 billion at the beginning of the actual podcast.

Yes it was stated BRN has a market cap of about $1B currently , then followed up with an addressable market of $70 billion by 2025. So extrapolating that out, then what is the current addressable market currently? What % will BRN capture of the 2025 market? We can only calculate on estimates then multiply by PE estimate. ie 10% of addressable market ($7b) multiplied a PE say 20 times would be a market cap of $140b OMG Thats say for arguments sake still in Aus $, then per share is $777 . ummmm excuse me while I have a lay down as I feel a bit dizzy. Even only 1% addressable market would therefore be $77

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20

Makes sense, thanks. I think I may be overdoing the ‘Tip of the iceberg’.

• Haha

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Yes it was stated BRN has a market cap of about $1B currently , then followed up with an addressable market of $70 billion by 2025. So extrapolating that out, then what is the current addressable market currently? What % will BRN capture of the 2025 market? We can only calculate on estimates then multiply by PE estimate. ie 10% of addressable market ($7b) multiplied a PE say 20 times would be a market cap of $140b OMG Thats say for arguments sake still in Aus $, then per share is $777 . ummmm excuse me while I have a lay down as I feel a bit dizzy. Even only 1% addressable market would therefore be $77
Morning Rskiff,

Sounds good , you just need to move the decimal point to the left one spot.

$140,000,000,000.00 ( = 10% Of total market × PE 20.)
÷ 1,800,000,000. ( Roughly amount of shares on issue ).
= $77.778 USD per share.

I'd still be happy with that.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Rskiff

Regular
Morning Rskiff,

Sounds good , you just need to move the decimal point to the left one spot.

$140,000,000,000.00 ( = 10% Of total market × PE 20.)
÷ 1,800,000,000. ( Roughly amount of shares on issue ).
= $77.778 USD per share.

I'd still be happy with that.

Regards,
Esq.
just so many zeros ...............!

• Haha
I posted a link the other day where Renesas predicts there will be over 57 billion EDGE devices by 2025.

If you say each one has a chip or IP at an average cost of just $1.20 you get very close to Rob’s $US70 billion.

So I personally think it is reasonable to say that, that is the actual addressable market and not the TAM.

The actual addressable market for semiconductors just in automotive is predicted to be $US200 billion by 2040 so my numbers if Renesas numbers are close to accurate actually make sense.

After listening to the Podcast and noting who Brainchip have publicly announced are adopting the AKIDA technology and who have licensed it your 10% seems realistic more so when you consider they have a two to three year lead in a new growing market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

JoMo68

Regular

Hi DippY22, I heard TAM too.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

MADX

Regular
Further from Sean's interview, do we have a smaller market with non-edge A.I. devices i.e. with software A.I. data processing e.g. via Veritone who are assisting A.I. developers?
I am thinking some developers might process their raw data by integrating our spike producer (which I think is patented?) and then eventually, perhaps using an Akida, spit out the A.I.-derived decisions.

Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I posted a link the other day where Renesas predicts there will be over 57 billion EDGE devices by 2025.

If you say each one has a chip or IP at an average cost of just $1.20 you get very close to Rob’s $US70 billion.

So I personally think it is reasonable to say that, that is the actual addressable market and not the TAM.

The actual addressable market for semiconductors just in automotive is predicted to be $US200 billion by 2040 so my numbers if Renesas numbers are close to accurate actually make sense.

After listening to the Podcast and noting who Brainchip have publicly announced are adopting the AKIDA technology and who have licensed it your 10% seems realistic more so when you consider they have a two to three year lead in a new growing market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Top Bottom