AVZ Discussion 2022

D

Deleted member 1612

Unfortunately these days writing a well versed letter to the editor gets you nowhere, outrage and public lynchings are the only way to achieve anything. How many people do you think read his last article compared to how many people knew that the correction hidden on page 10-ish of the physical print copy even existed?

This guy and the boatman are dutch ruddering their way down a river in neighbouring Congo and talking absolute shit, without everyone calling him out there would be zero consequences for his inaccurate, biased and factually completely incorrect 'journalism.'

Tommy R is an arrogant, self serving and piss poor excuse for a journalist.
I’m not disagreeing with your sentiments DD, and I’m not saying we shouldn’t use the socials to argue with him and make light of his ‘spurious claims’, I’m just saying some of the stuff has been embarrassing to read. There is a way to fight the fight, achieve the same outcome and maintain some integrity.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Spikerama

Regular
I’m not disagreeing with your sentiments DD, and I’m not saying we shouldn’t use the socials to argue with him and make light of his ‘spurious claims’, I’m just saying some of the stuff has been embarrassing to read. There is a way to fight the fight, achieve the same outcome and maintain some integrity.

I couldn't agree with you more on this one protoje.

I mean with the slight bit of positivity emerging around our story now, it seems all of a sudden we are back to publicly calling journos Pieces of Shit, expressing vitriol and contempt on the socials for those that are implicated, photoshopping vile and offensive memes and spreading them and holding photo captioning competitions which are obviously designed for derogatory outcomes.

I think we have to be very careful at this stage. Especially when we already know of two instances where posts like there were lifted directly from this forum and posted on social media in an attempt to signal how vile we may be and how much we hate the Congo lese

We are not out of the woods yet by any stretch. Far from it I would say and anything can happen so I would suggest not doing or posting anything in this forum that can be used against us in any way. Have a bit of decorum. Have a bit of decency and think and do like a lawyer would.

As protoje said in his previous post, everything you are trying to achieve can be done minus the infantile, knee jerk, outbursts. Just keep stating the facts and calling out the lies, with proof every time you see them. Lift the bar, take the higher ground because if you don't, all you are doing is validating people like Tom AFR in that they know they have cut you enough to lash out in this way. It makes them feel good that you are hurt. They got a rise out of you.

But also if you don't, you are dragging down an entire community in here who might not always post or share stuff, might not even post at all, but they come here to learn from smarter people and to keep an eye on things as they develop. And simply by association these kinds of reactionary posts and let's face it, schoolyard attempts at comedy, they just drag down the tone and the vibe and make all of us, the TSE family, look like a bunch of sore, whinny, bogans.

There's a better way. Let's try and achieve it.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Bin59

Regular
Tantalex announced plans to do PEA study of their Manono Lithium tailings project - hopefully they will be stopped due to the potentially illegal contract with suspected corrupt officials in Comminiere / CAMI

1670882031791.jpeg

1670882048258.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Sad

LEFOOL

Regular

I mean with the slight bit of positivity emerging around our story now, it seems all of a sudden we are back to publicly calling journos Pieces of Shit, expressing vitriol and contempt on the socials for those that are implicated, photoshopping vile and offensive memes and spreading them and holding photo captioning competitions which are obviously designed for derogatory outcomes.

I think we have to be very careful at this stage. Especially when we already know of two instances where posts like there were lifted directly from this forum and posted on social media in an attempt to signal how vile we may be and how much we hate the Congo lese

We are not out of the woods yet by any stretch. Far from it I would say and anything can happen so I would suggest not doing or posting anything in this forum that can be used against us in any way. Have a bit of decorum. Have a bit of decency and think and do like a lawyer would.

As protoje said in his previous post, everything you are trying to achieve can be done minus the infantile, knee jerk, outbursts. Just keep stating the facts and calling out the lies, with proof every time you see them. Lift the bar, take the higher ground because if you don't, all you are doing is validating people like Tom AFR in that they know the have cut you enough to lash out in this way. It makes them feel good that you are hurt. They got a rise out of you.

But also if you don't, you are dragging down an entire community in here who might not always post or share stuff, might not even post at all, but they come here to learn from smarter people and to keep an eye on things as they develop. And simply by association these kinds of reactionary posts and let's face it, schoolyard attempts at comedy, they just drag down the tone and the vibe and make all of us, the TSE family, look like a bunch of sore, whinny, bogans.

oi what's wrong with bogans?
just kidding i see where you coming from mate, i respectfully disagree and am now back to my photoshoping! ;)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Spikerama

Regular

just kidding i see where you coming from mate, i respectfully disagree and am now back to my photoshoping! ;)
Nothing, 😂🤣 I just don't think they should be setting the narrative tone for an entire community.

Reactions: 4 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I told the AFR after Tommy's first Boatman-biased article that I'd cancel my subs unless there was a retraction or re-balanced article. There wasn't, so I cancelled them. Last night I reminded AFR why I cancelled, referencing Tommy's latest rubbish. Surely, AFR will have to cut him loose if he continues like this.

And print media can definitely afford to lose customers... :LOL:

The way to fight the fight was carried out after his first boatman hack job, it achieved nothing. If scorched earth doesn't work then he must have some very incriminating pics of the editor.

Yep fuck tommy, don’t defend him
Everytime he sprouts his bullshit he is contributing to further drama and delays to fellow everyday aussies

Is he even Australian? I know he worked in London but I remember some of his qualifications (probably C's get degrees level stuff) are London based too and he has twitter posts of him watching the England WC (possibly against France) game at the pub in Sydney.

As protoje said in his previous post, everything you are trying to achieve can be done minus the infantile, knee jerk, outbursts. Just keep stating the facts and calling out the lies, with proof every time you see them. Lift the bar, take the higher ground because if you don't, all you are doing is validating people like Tom AFR in that they know the have cut you enough to lash out in this way. It makes them feel good that you are hurt. They got a rise out of you.

I stand by calling him a POS, the guy clearly doesn't learn. Writes a misleading, biased and false article, people point all of this out to him and his reaction is one of arrogance dismissal and denial when cold hard facts are presented to him. He's a 'journalist' he should report based on COLD HARD FACTS not spurious claims fed to him by an extremely dodgy and shadowy, almost untraceable shorting firm that definitely has a need to see us fail.

There is a thing called journalistic integrity and journalists are supposed to present a fair, balanced, factual and unbiased view. This piece of shit is none of these things.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

wombat74

Top 20
Reactions: 13 users

Bin59

Regular
So do Zijin have to hand back the 15% or not ? All I'm hearing is it was "SOLD " off too cheaply and money has been misappropriated. That's not Zijin's problem .
I’d say so … you’d think the State would want their shares back due to “looting” 🤔

1670884611631.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 29 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
So do Zijin have to hand back the 15% or not ? All I'm hearing is it was "SOLD " off too cheaply and money has been misappropriated. That's not Zijin's problem .

You're right it isn't their problem, if they had nothing to with the misappropriation etc. But if it's acquired cheaply using bribes and corruption then I'm sure the state can forcibly take it back

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Who the phuck knows mate. According to some they already did!

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Azzler

Top 20
Gods I'd kill for an update, a positive tweet from someone who might be in the know about goings on.
Still hoping "any tick of the clock" is still a thing, I'll settle for a wink at this stage!
Christmas is looming, guess I'm hoping for a miracle.

• Sad
Reactions: 15 users

Remark

Top 20
I agree. If a "journalist" posts poorly researched, agenda driven nonsense they should be ridiculed openly.

The same goes for corrupt public officials acting in their own personal interests while their fellow countrymen/women suffer due to the elected officials greed.

Also back to Photoshopping, screw them!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Yes of course Nells. You are right. Let's see what next week bring shall we? And the week after that. And then the week after that too. Oh and then the WEEK AFTER THAT. AND THEN THE NEXT FUCKING WEEK!!! AND THE COCK SUCKING WEEK AFTER THAT PREVIOUS WEEK!!!! OH NO WAIT, HOLD UP, WHATS THAT? IT'S GONNA BE ANOTHER WEEK? YOU"RE SHITTING ME RIGHT? SHOULD WE WAIT JUST ONE MORE WEEK AND SEE WHAT IT BRINGS? On and on it fucking goes. FAAAAARRRKK me dead.

wait another week, you fucking....

It seems you forget about your own posts

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

Samus

Top 20
:unsure:

Signature of the partnership contract between the DRC and the United Arab Emirates to fight against mining fraud in the artisanal exploitation of 3T minerals and gold, under the supervision of Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde - https://primature.gouv.cd/2022/12/12/sig

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Charbella

Regular
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20

#RDC #AVZ accused of "hiding" from investors its dispute over the 15% of COMINIERE. Our intel reveals that AVZ actively sought to dissuade Cominiere from selling the 15% stake to #Zijin in a battle for control of the world's largest lithium deposit

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

LEFOOL

Regular
:unsure:

Signature of the partnership contract between the DRC and the United Arab Emirates to fight against mining fraud in the artisanal exploitation of 3T minerals and gold, under the supervision of Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde - https://primature.gouv.cd/2022/12/12/sig

haha this is fucked up, mostlikely they got her to sign a ' I WILL NOT STEAL FROM THE PEOPLE ANYMORE ' doco......

• Haha
  • Fire

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
haha this is fucked up, mostlikely they got her to sign a ' I WILL NOT STEAL FROM THE PEOPLE ANYMORE ' doco......

The arab's love a flashy bit of ceremony, having royalty there will give them a big pump up. Even if it is Princess Bitchface

• Haha

Samus

Top 20
The President is away in the States for some Africa summit for a few days. Maybe something might happen when he gets back. If Toad is the PM's puppet they're probably hanging out to come up with a plan.
I don't know the whole thing is ridiculous frankly. Who would have even imagined 12 months ago?

The
@POTUS
hosts leaders from across the African continent in Washington, DC, from December 13-15, 2022, for the #USAfricaLeadersSummit22 . All live streams of the US-Africa Leaders Summit will be available on this page

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

JAG

Top 20
EE7F518D-73D9-41A1-B147-1B46A8EE625D.png

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom