1724969230010.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Africa down under schedule for day two:

View attachment 68714
Thanks for posting Jazz but seriously there is more chance that DLA Piper will announce they are giving AVZ a small discount on their latest invoice than this bloke showing up in Australia!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Jazz

Regular
Thanks for posting Jazz but seriously there is more chance that DLA Piper will announce they are giving AVZ a small discount on their latest invoice than this bloke showing up in Australia!
Well we can live in hope that there's a chance that both of these can happen. Makes little to no difference if he shows up anyway.

Reactions: 5 users

JasonM

Regular
I think he'll be showing. he's had plenty of time to consider attending and would know the smell around the manono situation, so why put your name up to only pull out last minute? Doesnt make sense to me but then who really knows with the drc. I optimistically view it as an opportunity for avz and the mom to meet behind closed doors in a safe, non chinese scum bag environment.

Is anyone going to this event? If so, would be great to get some feedback.

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Flight996

Regular
Africa down under schedule for day two:

View attachment 68714

I see that the Hon David Michael MLA, the WA govt's minister for mines and petroleum has a speaking spot on day two.

I assume that AVZ's Chairman has briefed with him about its situation in the DRC. While the minister probably will not mention it in his talk, there will be opportunities where the issue can be discussed on the sidelines.

Let's face it, we have nothing to lose; Red Penny and her trade minister have been MIA for the entirety of AVZ's suspension.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users

SilentOne

Regular

The DRC Ministers live in the land of make believe and self importance. I would be surprised if he doesn't turn up - it is an opportunity to tell Australia and the World that they are open for business. Emphasising their record in Mining and the government enforcing the rule of law.

I would love to be there to watch the audience's reactions to what he says - lots of eye rolling I suspect.

Regards,

SilentOne.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
I don’t understand why the organisers keep approaching these absolute mouth breathers to speak in Australia. I hope he shows up but I bet he won’t.

Still hasn’t progressed the paperwork yet he seems like he might similarly be a scumbag. Let’s see

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20
No way that fucker is going to show up I'm sure some slimy Zijin cunt has a paper bag with his name on it.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

BRICK

Regular
I think he'll be showing. he's had plenty of time to consider attending and would know the smell around the manono situation, so why put your name up to only pull out last minute? Doesnt make sense to me but then who really knows with the drc. I optimistically view it as an opportunity for avz and the mom to meet behind closed doors in a safe, non chinese scum bag environment.

Is anyone going to this event? If so, would be great to get some feedback.
article-6992-hero.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Frank

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

wombat74

Top 20
A Chinese man goes to see an eye doctor .

After the exam, the doctor says, 'I know why you're having trouble.' The Chinese man says, 'Why?' The doctor says, 'You have a Cataract'. The China man says 'No, I have a Rincoln Continental.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
So one of the major projects that was a focus of the PGI visit and mentioned in the Lobito Corridor Expansion press briefing here
was the Lifezone Kabanga nickel project in Tanzania.

Interesting to note that News reports "Following the discussions, Lifezone’s subsidiary, Kabanga Nickel, signed a retainer letter with the US International Development Finance Corporation to commence the evaluation process for political risk insurance coverage for future investments into the mine site and the Kahama refinery."

I wonder why PGI would encourage Lifezone to look into political risk insurance a short time after visiting Cominiere's offices...

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Different country though? Or is it that geopolitics in this region are less stable then ever?

Mr_Tones83

Regular
Different country though? Or is it that geopolitics in this region are less stable then ever?
Political risk is high in Africa in general.
PGI would certainly have been aware of AVZ and Manono prior to their visit, but actually meeting with CK and Cominiere would have been an eye opener I'm sure.
They obviously don't want the same thing to happen to another globally significant project in Tanzania (it's probably also about being able to access funding on reasonable terms for a risky jurisdiction).
The chances of getting political risk insurance in DRC would now be less than 0%

Frank

Top 20
  • Fire

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
The DRC Ministers live in the land of make believe and self importance. I would be surprised if he doesn't turn up - it is an opportunity to tell Australia and the World that they are open for business. Emphasising their record in Mining and the government enforcing the rule of law.

I would love to be there to watch the audience's reactions to what he says - lots of eye rolling I suspect.

male-throwing-a-pineapple-into-an-agricultural-pineapple-field-TWWNYP.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom