Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Spikerama

Regular
My Grandfather could never lie straight in bed either. But I think that was due to all the pain.

We tried rubbing lard into his back. After that he went downhill very quickly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
A garbage man is doing his collections ...... he sees that one house has not put their bin out front. He checks down the side of the house, it's not there, so he knocks at the front door. No answer, so he rings the bell, still no answer. He knocks one last time, waits and finally starts walking back down the path towards the street. But then the door opens and a Chinese man is standing there in his dressing gown, 'what you want?', he says. 'Where's your bin?', the garbage man replies. 'I been upstairs washing my hair!', says the Chinaman. 'No, where's your BIN?', says the garbage man. 'I tell you already, I been upstairs, washing my hair', says the Chinaman. 'NO NO NO, WHERE IS YOUR WHEELIE BIN?', says the frustrated garbage man.

'Ok ok', says the Chinaman, 'I really been upstairs jerking off'

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bin59

Regular
The FOCAC (Forum on China-Africa Co-Operation) summit is being held between 4 - 6 September in Beijing (same dates as Africa Down Under). As critical minerals will be discussed this year perhaps the Minister of Mines will attend this with the President rather than attending the Africa Down Under event.

FOCAC 2024: Will Critical Minerals Finally Take Center Stage in Beijing?​

FOCAC_2024__Will_Critical_Minerals_Finally_Take_Center_Stage_in_Beijing_-1024x683.jpg

By Felicity Hurley / August 29, 2024

As the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) gears up for its 2024 summit, set for September 4 to 6 in Beijing, anticipation is building around the potential outcomes of this significant event. Since its inception in 2000, FOCAC has provided a vital platform for dialogue and collaboration between China and African nations, evolving into a cornerstone of China’s engagement with the continent. The summit is expected to attract a diverse array of African leaders, reminiscent of the 2018 gathering that saw over 50 heads of state and representatives in attendance.

FOCAC’s thematic focus areas—health, agriculture, trade, investment, infrastructure, and green development—reflect the multifaceted nature of China’s commitments to Africa. Past summits have highlighted substantial financial pledges, such as the $60 billion in 2018 and the $40 billion in 2021.

These figures underscore the scale of China’s involvement in Africa and the importance of fostering development across various sectors. However, a critical area that has historically been overlooked in FOCAC discussions is the mining sector, particularly the strategic importance of critical minerals.

Mining represents a significant component of African economies, accounting for about 70 percent of total exports and roughly 28 percent of GDP. With Africa holding approximately 30 percent of the world’s mineral resources, including essential materials for the green energy transition, the continent’s potential for economic growth through mining is immense. China’s heavy reliance on African minerals—comprising nearly 90 percent of its imports from the continent—highlights the strategic interest both parties have in this sector.

Despite the clear economic and strategic value of mining, FOCAC has not adequately addressed the role of critical minerals. This oversight is particularly striking as the demand for these minerals is expected to double by 2030, driven by the global shift towards clean energy technologies. China’s dominance in the processing and manufacturing of critical minerals places it in a pivotal position within the global supply chain, raising concerns among Western nations about over-reliance on Chinese resources.

In response to this growing competition, the United States and the European Union have initiated partnerships aimed at diversifying supply chains for critical minerals. The formation of the Minerals Security Partnership and recent tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles signal a concerted effort to curb China’s influence. However, these initiatives have yet to translate into substantial investments or concrete actions on the ground in Africa.

In contrast, Chinese companies have been proactive in securing mining interests across the continent. With over $1 billion invested in lithium projects in Zimbabwe alone, China’s swift actions underline its commitment to establishing a foothold in Africa’s mining sector. The proposed $1 billion refurbishment of the Tazara Railway, which connects Zambia’s Copperbelt to the port of Dar es Salaam, exemplifies China’s strategy to enhance logistical capabilities for mineral transport. This initiative directly competes with the Lobito Corridor, which aims to facilitate mineral transport to European and North American markets.

As African nations strive to transition from being mere suppliers of raw materials to developing local processing capabilities, they are asserting their interests more aggressively. Countries like Zimbabwe and Namibia have implemented bans on the export of raw critical materials, while the DRC and Zambia are collaborating on the development of electric vehicle batteries using locally sourced minerals. These moves reflect a growing desire among African nations to capture more value from their natural resources.

The upcoming FOCAC summit presents a crucial opportunity for African nations to collectively voice their demands regarding the mining sector and critical minerals. By advocating for fairer terms, increased investment in local processing, and alignment with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) standards, African leaders can leverage this platform to ensure their development priorities are respected.

While the integration of critical minerals into FOCAC’s agenda remains uncertain, it is clear that the relationship between Africa and China will continue to evolve in response to global demand for these resources. Effective dialogue and collaboration will be essential for African nations to navigate this complex landscape, ensuring that their interests are safeguarded as they engage with one of their most significant partners. The stakes are high, and the time for proactive measures is now.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
It's been a long road to get here so here is a recap of how we arrived at this point for those unsure of the facts of the case

It all started back on October 2 2019 when AVZ approached the former MoP (not the green lady) about his opinion on us purchasing the 15% of Dathcom from Cominiere. Note this offer was made before the DFS so the market value was unknown at the time.

View attachment 46246

This was his response on February 18 2020. Note his reference to the DFS being completed before the sale and the DRC government's intent to hold a working session to determine this matter.

View attachment 46247

Fast forward to July 21 2021 and AVZ are contacted by Cominiere about giving an opinion on an offer they have received from Zijin for the 15%. They also ask us for an advance on dividends which can only be described as batshit insane. Crucially no price for the proposed acquisition is given by Cominiere despite market value now being known from the DFS which was released in April 2020.

View attachment 46248
View attachment 46249

Here is AVZ's response through our lawyers on August 4th 2021 to Cominiere's request for an opinion on Zijin buying 15% of Dathcom. Note the reference to the MoP letter from February 2020. Crucially this was sent to Cominiere within the 40 day window outlined in Article 9.1 (b) of the Dathcom JVA. Cominiere never responded to this letter.

View attachment 46250
View attachment 46251
View attachment 46252
View attachment 46253
View attachment 46254

After the 40 days expired the purported acquisition by Jin Cheng was approved and registered in the RCCM. AVZ was never given the opportunity to execute it's pre-emptive right. AVZ submitted its offer to the DRC government for the 15% after the 40 days had expired. This was done at the market value established in the DFS.

Finally in mid 2022 the DRC's financial watchdog completed its investigation into the purported sale. This was released to the public in December 2022. The findings were damning for Zijin, Cominiere and the new MoP. Most egregious was the price of 33.4m USD which was below the market value established in the DFS which resulted in a loss of revenue for the DRC of 120.7m USD. in early 2023 an audio was released of Zijin and CKK discussing extra personal payments to facilitate this sale.

View attachment 46255

Patriotism 101 is don't rat fuck your own people by taking a bribe from foreigners for personal gain. This is also being considered by the ICC as the original hearing in July was pushed back to this week so Zijin could have time to respond to AVZ allegations in court that the purported sale from Cominiere to Zijin was also tainted by corruption.

I'm no big city fancy lawyer but my opinion is that Zijin are completely fucked
I’ve explained this numerous times. The post I have replied to spells it out in detail. I know you understand what happened so stop with your games.
Boo.png

20230411_114940.jpg

20230510_144159.jpg

20230510_144217.jpg

20230510_144236.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Frank

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bin59

Regular

The latest Tender notice 29/08/24

1725148693858.jpeg

Company MANONO LITHIUM SAS: Construction work on industrial exploitation and concentration sites
Published on Thu, 29/08/2024 - 11:23 | Modified on Thu, 29/08/2024 - 11:23

FACEBOOK TWITTER linkedIn WordPress Messenger WhatsApp Skype Viber Messagepinterest e-mail Share

采选工业场地建筑工程施工标公告
Tender Notice - Construction work on industrial operating and concentration sites

• Sad
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Flight996

Regular
Company MANONO LITHIUM SAS: Construction work on industrial exploitation and concentration sites
Published on Thu, 29/08/2024 - 11:23 | Modified on Thu, 29/08/2024 - 11:23

FACEBOOK TWITTER linkedIn WordPress Mes

1725149796772.png

I mean der, how much more time does the ICC need to understand that the DRC and its agencies, particularly Cominiere have no intention whatsoever of ever complying with any arbiter's resolutions or orders.

In conjunction with the corrupt DRC govt and its equally corrupt agencies, Zijin Mining continues to press ahead with with imunity in constructing a mine on stolen ground right under the noses of both the ICC and ICSID.

It is well past time for the arbiters to award AVZ the already established penalties against the DRC for non-compliance with interim orders, which today (1 Sept 2024) stand at approximately AU$120 million.

Happy fathers day.

F

Reactions: 3 users

Bin59

Regular
View attachment 68782

I mean der, how much more time does the ICC need to understand that the DRC and its agencies, particularly Cominiere have no intention whatsoever of ever complying with any arbiter's resolutions or orders.

In conjunction with the corrupt DRC govt and its equally corrupt agencies, Zijin Mining continues to press ahead with with imunity in constructing a mine on stolen ground right under the noses of both the ICC and ICSID.

It is well past time for the arbiters to award AVZ the already established penalties against the DRC for non-compliance with interim orders, which today (1 Sept 2024) stand at approximately AU$120 million.

Happy fathers day.

F
Agree 💯 Flight

Happy Father’s Day 🙂

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom