AVZ Discussion 2022

tolate

Emerged
Do you think we have maybe years before we sort this mess out...?

oxxa23

Regular
One more thing.
It was obvious that Fat Twat's MO at the AGM was two-fold:

1. Seats on the board.
I strongly suspect that they knew that they had failed prior to the meeting.
The feedback from emails, SM, phone calls and Perth restaurants would almost certainly have left them in no doubt.
Nothing they could reasonably say or do on Thursday would have had any effect on the outcome.
They were probably there for other reasons.

2. Cause disruption at any level possible.
Firstly MC and legal team got early seats at the front where they could not possibly be ignored.
PH & TL arrived at the last moment.
PH stood at the back of the centre aisle, puffed out his cheeks and straightened his hair and lapels almost like you see the soldiers at the start of Zulu.
They then sat unobtrusively near the rear.
He was preparing for battle. More importantly, he was being seen preparing for battle.

I joked later that I wasn't sure if MC was nervous, pissed or senile.
On reflection, I think he was a little nervous. He was obviously deemed the least threatening, being an old balding white haired guy. Any physical or verbal reaction to him would be reprehensible. And very reportable.
That is why he was the main man. imo.

So they lost the vote, leaving the last avenue to disruption being to start an altercation.
I missed the very beginning of MC's interaction with Deboss, but do recall somebody behind D being restrained.
All in all, the behaviour of SH was impeccable.

No blue flashing lights or anything for Tommy to misrepresent.

When your enemies are resorting to these sorts of tactics, you know that they know they're running out of bullets.

The remuneration report is a shadow in the background for next year. I abstained in motion 1 but would vote in favour next year.

My question is this:
If BoD do NOT vote themselves any bonuses, shares/ options in the next 12 months, essentially wages remain static, do SH need to vote on remuneration?
I would assume the answer is yes but have next to no knowledge of company law.

Perhaps more knowledgeable posters could help.
yeah, vote on remuneration every year...every company does...

as an interest point (possibly for some) IMU got their first strike last year against remuneration.... this year they have added another resolution to try and help avoid the sh!tfight if this year's got voted against again.... imagine AVZ would try something similar also.... Resolution 1 referred to below is the remuneration report.

1700983969868.png

1700983983405.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

John25

Regular
Put it beside that bottle of champagne you've been keeping 😝
From 1 jI to another …its locked and loaded
1700999148820.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 10.40.34 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Well last week was a fantastic result, assume it will all go pretty quiet again now which is unfortunate.

Fingers crossed for some good ICC and ICSID outcomes in December

Reactions: 18 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Hi lost the bird discord link if someone can post it cheers

Rediah

Regular

wombat74

Top 20
Well last week was a fantastic result, assume it will all go pretty quiet again now which is unfortunate.

Fingers crossed for some good ICC and ICSID outcomes in December
It's just a shame because of the attempted rat f--king by the MMGA clowns Share Holders were unable to give the BoD a proper grilling . They deserved a serious f--king roasting imo . They got off extremely lightly imo .

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

timb89

Regular
It's just a shame because of the attempted rat f--king by the MMGA clowns Share Holders were unable to give the BoD a proper grilling . They deserved a serious f--king roasting imo . They got off extremely lightly imo .

One battle at a time.

What roasting would you have particularly given them?

Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bray

Regular
Lil bit of basil some garlic maybe little chilli

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Fivez

Emerged
I think the assumption in the room is that the enemies are circling and will be present at each AGM for the foreseeable future, so there will need to be a balance in that grilling given you will likely get pre-prepared answers from legal

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

timb89

Regular
A general roasting .

It was a serious question. As far as I can tell board are doing everything in their power to advanced project.

Main issue is remuneration.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
One battle at a time.

I think the assumption in the room is that the enemies are circling and will be present at each AGM for the foreseeable future, so there will need to be a balance in that grilling given you will likely get pre-prepared answers from legal
This time last year most shaeholders were saying if we're still not trading next AGM then the bod will have lost my support

Now they're saying the exact same

Same thing will happen next year imo

Last weeks vote was a choice of continuing the status quo path of arbitration or making a deal on unfavourable terms

We have to accept the outcome of this decision wherever it may lead and however long it takes. We are now all responsible for the suspension mission creep. If Felix gave any fucks about AVZ or the law this all would have been over months ago imo

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

timb89

Regular
This time last year most shaeholders were saying if we're still not trading next AGM then the bod will have lost my support

Now they're saying the exact same

Same thing will happen next year imo

Last weeks vote was a choice of continuing the status quo path of arbitration or making a deal on unfavourable terms

We have to accept the outcome of this decision wherever it may lead and however long it takes. We are now all responsible for the suspension mission creep. If Felix gave any fucks about AVZ or the law this all would have been over months ago imo

I disagree in regards to Felix agenda. His processes required to eliminate corruption is unknowable to us.

The complexities of the geopolitical structure of DRC are beyond the scope of average AVZ investor. None of us can really make any absolute comments on his administration.

It seems that remnants of the previous government still remain whose support is required for the formation of the coalition government.

Its unrealistic to presume that x amount of years of corruption can be cut out in one fell swoop. I suspect Felix doing deals with devils to stay in power, in order to continue to fight corruption. Could be also to continue lining his pockets.

Your comment on Felix caring about AVZ or Law, could just as easily be inverted to say Manono could be very close to shipping spod right now if he didn't care about law.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
It was a serious question. As far as I can tell board are doing everything in their power to advanced project.

Main issue is remuneration.
There you go . Remuneration/ Bonuses being one . Did we get any bang for our buck out of Marius Mihigo ? Personally I'm pissed off no one thought to take a photo of Nigel's recent meeting with the President . Or the previous meeting for that matter . Maybe there was a legitimate reason .Opportunity missed imo . Amateur hour . What was the vibe like between the 2 of them ?

Last edited:

M.Bison

Regular
I disagree in regards to Felix agenda. His processes required to eliminate corruption is unknowable to us.

The complexities of the geopolitical structure of DRC are beyond the scope of average AVZ investor. None of us can really make any absolute comments on his administration.

It seems that remnants of the previous government still remain whose support is required for the formation of the coalition government.

Its unrealistic to presume that x amount of years of corruption can be cut out in one fell swoop. I suspect Felix doing deals with devils to stay in power, in order to continue to fight corruption. Could be also to continue lining his pockets.

Your comment on Felix caring about AVZ or Law, could just as easily be inverted to say Manono could be very close to shipping spod right now if he didn't care avout law.
I agree, the complexities are a minefield. I do wonder if a takeover offer would even be approved internally? I know we tend to think that the Chinese are all powerful in the DRC, but the fact is we are still here and in their way. If they had all the power, they would be mining Manono and have complete control. There is clearly a push from many internally to move away from Chinese ownership. Examples are numerous eg renegotiation of copper & cobalt deals with Sicomines.
Part of me thinks that a takeover from any Chinese entity might not even be viable. Recall that detractors convinced FT that we were here simply to flip the project, so clearly it was a concern of his.
SURELY they would have lobbed in a bid by now, given all of the effort they have put in to stall & steal the project.
Not clear cut at all, and starts to make less sense the more I dwell on it.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

BRICK

Regular
One battle at a time.

Well.... not a spit roasting

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom