AVZ Discussion 2022

oxxa23

Regular
:ROFLMAO:

The Temp was the best thing on offer by the glass at the pub we played at on Saturday

I like a Temp but my goto usually is a GSM or any other interesting blend

Keen on Italian wines too....but the simple reality is whether it's white, red, or in between, straight, a blend, French, Aussie, South American, wherever and it comes in a bottle there's a pretty good chance I'll drink it, like it and find the right food to match it!
We are getting there... have had shiraz all along, and planted some grenache last year... will probably buy the merlot to go with it but...

We're a grampians winery, grampians estate do a very nice GSM for the area..

JAG

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
We are getting there... have had shiraz all along, and planted some grenache last year... will probably buy the merlot to go with it but...

Sounds like too much fun

I've definitely had some wines from the region

Might want to try Mataro/Mourvedre for the "M" part of the blend though......leave the merlot to the Cabernet blends!:ROFLMAO::oops:

Reactions: 1 users

oxxa23

Regular

Haha, yes, wine brain... went straight to the merlot... odd, seeing as I don't touch it... have grown partial to the grenache of late behind cab sav and shiraz... always used to have running with bulls before wenhad the vineyard... but, must admit, sisbt realise they had the barossa vines now either... always had the wratonbully and Langhorne creek temps previously...

Reactions: 1 users
I did read about a number of companies that held less than 51%, and yes all commenced prior to 2018. I assumed that like most legislation, licences enacted during that period would/could remain in force. My research was based on this current mining code, the pre 2018 was mostly in French and confusing. (Well it confused me)

Most of DRC law in based on Belgium's legal system. That being the case, and like AU, US, and most European countries governments won't overturn old laws that whatever operation commenced during for new laws. Australia is no different.

I am confident in my interpretation of AVZ and its current situation with reference to this mining code. Avzi must have 51% of dathcom to get ML. Legally AVz have said they currently have 75%. This will be in the ML application. I have no doubts about this.

Sorry, could not be of more help.
Assuming that the 51% criteria is new, I agree that it would be a nightmare to be forcing old companies/JVs to restructure to conform to the new share structure. So it makes sense that if this is the case it applies only to newly-formed companies/JVs.

BEISHA

Top 20
I did read about a number of companies that held less than 51%, and yes all commenced prior to 2018. I assumed that like most legislation, licences enacted during that period would/could remain in force. My research was based on this current mining code, the pre 2018 was mostly in French and confusing. (Well it confused me)

Most of DRC law in based on Belgium's legal system. That being the case, and like AU, US, and most European countries governments won't overturn old laws that whatever operation commenced during for new laws. Australia is no different.

I am confident in my interpretation of AVZ and its current situation with reference to this mining code. Avzi must have 51% of dathcom to get ML. Legally AVz have said they currently have 75%. This will be in the ML application. I have no doubts about this.

Sorry, could not be of more help.
Welcome HELIOS.

I have been reading your posts on the crapper , it took 150 troll posts to get to you lol, but your intelligent posts stood out like a beacon, you and SYDNEYGUY.......thanks for holding up the fort@ HC for us longs here at TSE, most of us here have either been kicked out permanently or just pissed of with the low IQ content aka the trolls......sorry we couldnt help you out!!

kicked out.gif

Hoping we get to see / read a bit more from you in the future.....;)

cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Lichione

Regular
Apologies if posted already, The editor pretends to play neutral but you can tell she has a Chinese hat on and Zijin undies

It is owned by Alibaba group as per wiki

Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
My expectation for Friday is for a further extension to the suspension while the DRC gets it's house in order

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users

CashKing

Regular
Get well mate.....relax and love life.........trust me!!!!!!!!
Yeah get a new Camry and cut people off on Ocean Reef Rd 😂 😆 😝

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
almost a given
Mate I don't know how you've found the energy to keep fighting the good fight over at Crapper

And Cruiser for that matter too

Cheers!

Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
almost a given
Quite happy with that too

Only come out of it once absolutely everything is sorted and tight as a fishes proverbial

To do anything else would be mind bogglingly stupid from NF imo

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Frank

Top 20
ACAJ denounces the sell-off of COMINIÈRE assets by private companies

The Congolese Association for Access to Justice (ACAJ), during a press conference on Saturday May 14, 2022 in Kinshasa, denounced the selling off of the assets of the Congolese mining company (COMINIÈRE), a public company located in the territory of Manono, in the province of Tanganyika, by private mining firms.

To ensure the interests of the Congolese state, the president of the ACAJ, master Georges Kapiamba, suggested that the government initiate the review of the Dathcom mining contract and ensure compliance with article 58 of the Constitution.

According to him, COMINIÈRE only holds 5% of the shares.

All the rest goes to the private sector, 60% of which goes to the Australian firm AVZ, he said.

According to him, the investigation report carried out by ACAJ at COMINIÉRE reveals that certain State services supposed to ensure the interests of the State, such as the Mining Cadastre and the General Directorate of Mines, did not play their role.

This is what has, in particular, led to the selling off of the actions of the Congolese State, argued Mr. Kapiamba.

According to the number one of ACAJ, COMINIÈRE no longer has access to the Manono site, only AVZ and other mining firms hold the operating permit.

From the social point of view, the population of Manono, he said, lives in a deplorable situation, the same for the artisanal diggers.

Therefore, this human rights NGO called for the involvement of parliamentarians in the governance of natural resources in the DR Congo.

“We are calling on parliamentarians to wake up, to take up the issue of the governance of natural resources.

They must no longer leave the government the latitude as well as state companies to sign contracts on mining, forestry and oil concessions as is done to date.

Because everything that is done always leads to leonine contracts that do not benefit the Congolese people.

Otherwise, we will jeopardize the future of our children and grandchildren,” said Me Kapiamba.

On the occasion, the ACAJ promised to make public the report of its investigation into the file relating to COMINIÈRE in the very next few days.

www.mediacongo.net/home.html

Mining.png

Food for thought ton the Road to Mining Manono :unsure:

Frank :cool:

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

DoubleA

Regular
Interesting reply from Jonnno as well.

We must get more countries to invest so that the Chinese do not have a monopoly on the battery resources of the DRC. The Chinese use their power to benefit only themselves and bring all the benefits back to China.

Hopefully that reflects the general sentiment in DRC.

In my opinion we need to do as much as we can to raise awareness in the DRC and try to make this the general sentiment.

We need to raise awareness about China's history and encourage investment of "other" countries who will give the DRC a better result. There are numerous DRC journalists and anti corruption activists on twitter.

In my view, every tweet mentioning Manono/DRC lithium should have replies on it discouraging letting China take over the project. We probably want to be a little more subtle than simply saying let AVZ have it, but rather showing the benefits to the DRC people of having "other" countries invest who will behave in a more ethical way.

• Thinking
  • Love

Frank

Top 20
  • Sad

Samus

Top 20
Quite happy with that too

Only come out of it once absolutely everything is sorted and tight as a fishes proverbial

To do anything else would be mind bogglingly stupid from NF imo
Agreed Wineo.

Last edited:

Frank

Top 20
Manufacture of electric batteries: the emissaries of a Chinese giant in Kinshasa

From words to action.

Industrialists are attracted by the Kinshasa project to set up factories locally for the manufacture of electric batteries.

For months, Julien Paluku wet the jersey to succeed in this challenge.

Operators interested in the project to install a pilot plant in Lubumbashi in Haut-Katanga are now knocking on the door.

A Chinese giant specializing in the sector has taken the bait.

Very interested in this major African project, CATL, a Chinese technology company equipped in the production of Lithium-Ion accumulators for electric vehicles and energy storage systems as well as accumulator battery control systems, sent a DRC team led by Li Chang Dong, representing the Chairman of the Board.

The emissaries of the Chinese giant exchanged on Saturday May 14, 2022, in Kinshasa, with the Minister of Industry who explained to his hosts that the DRC has very large mining deposits which are involved in the manufacture of electric vehicles and batteries including lithium, cobalt and manganese.

Julien Paluku stressed that the protection of investors interested in the DRC is one of the priorities of the Sama Lukonde government, while assuring CATL that the doors are wide open to it.

The Chinese company has promised to quickly settle in the DRC.

The assurances of the Head of State, Félix Tshisekedi, and the government were warmly welcomed by the envoys of this Chinese company which has proven itself in the industry of electric vehicles and batteries.

This major project will boost the Congolese economy with the creation of wealth and jobs, it is reported.

www.mediacongo.net

#CAT.png

King Julien..jpg

Reactions: 14 users

Samus

Top 20
In my opinion we need to do as much as we can to raise awareness in the DRC and try to make this the general sentiment.

We need to raise awareness about China's history and encourage investment of "other" countries who will give the DRC a better result. There are numerous DRC journalists and anti corruption activists on twitter.

In my view, every tweet mentioning Manono/DRC lithium should have replies on it discouraging letting China take over the project. We probably want to be a little more subtle than simply saying let AVZ have it, but rather showing the benefits to the DRC people of having "other" countries invest who will behave in a more ethical way.
Probably not a bad strategy if it's subtle. Interestingly Facebook seems like the weapon of choice if we're talking about the general populous. Internet penetration some 17% apparently.

20220516_233719.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

DoubleA

Regular
That's the type of exposure we want? Just noticed this mob retweeted my post, might have to start following them

View attachment 6790 View attachment 6789
I would say so. Anything that will draw attention to what the Chinese are trying to do by gaining control of this project through illegal means. The more attention is drawn to the Chinese history of exploiting DRC resources, the more people may get behind giving AVZ a fair chance.

cruiser51

Top 20
Hands have stopped shaking so I can type on phone posted this on HC to try and add some positivity.
Get better asap.
I hope no long term damage for you.

Everybody is different and reacts different to covid.
If we all would be the same, life would be boring.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
:ROFLMAO:

The Temp was the best thing on offer by the glass at the pub we played at on Saturday

I like a Temp but my goto usually is a GSM or any other interesting blend

Keen on Italian wines too....but the simple reality is whether it's white, red, or in between, straight, a blend, French, Aussie, South American, wherever and it comes in a bottle there's a pretty good chance I'll drink it, like it and find the right food to match it!
I’m hitting Tuscany tomorrow for a few days - any winery recommendations?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom