AVZ Discussion 2022

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
The Congolese Association for Access to Justice (ACAJ), during a press conference on Saturday May 14, 2022 in Kinshasa, denounced the selling off of the assets of the Congolese mining company (COMINIÈRE), a public company located in the territory of Manono, in the province of Tanganyika, by private mining firms.

To ensure the interests of the Congolese state, the president of the ACAJ, master Georges Kapiamba, suggested that the government initiate the review of the Dathcom mining contract and ensure compliance with article 58 of the Constitution.

According to him, COMINIÈRE only holds 5% of the shares. All the rest goes to the private sector, including 60% to the Australian firm AVZ, he said.

According to him, the investigation report carried out by ACAJ at COMINIÉRE reveals that certain State services supposed to ensure the interests of the State, such as the Mining Cadastre and the General Directorate of Mines, did not play their role. This is what has, in particular, led to the selling off of the shares of the Congolese State, argued Mr. Kapiamba.

According to ACAJ number one, COMINIÈRE no longer has access to the Manono site, only AVZ and other mining firms hold the operating permit. From the social point of view, the population of Manono, he said, lives in a deplorable situation, the same for the artisanal diggers.

Therefore, this human rights NGO called for the involvement of parliamentarians in the governance of natural resources in the DR Congo.

“We are calling on parliamentarians to wake up, to take up the issue of the governance of natural resources. They must no longer allow the government the latitude as well as state companies to sign contracts on mining, forestry and oil concessions as is done to date. Because everything that is done always leads to leonine contracts that do not benefit the Congolese people. Otherwise, we will jeopardize the future of our children and grandchildren,” said Me Kapiamba.

On the occasion, the ACAJ has promised to make public the report of its investigation into the file relating to COMINIÈRE in the very next few days.

I don't like the narrative of this, it names AVZ several times but at no point does it say 'AVZ owns 60% and is trying to do the right thing by the DRC, however Zin and Jin are trying to steal shares of the resource and screw the DRC people' it reads like were the bad guys here

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
I don't like the narrative of this, it names AVZ several times but at no point does it say 'AVZ owns 60% and is trying to do the right thing by the DRC, however Zin and Jin are trying to steal shares of the resource and screw the DRC people' it reads like were the bad guys here
The other link offers a similar narrative
20220517_102802.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 1612

100% agree. Didn’t like it either. Reads to me like any outside investment is bad and they want to cancel everything and have it back to 100% DRC ownership (I don’t even like saying that out loud!). However I don’t know how much influence they would actually have, according to their website ‘(ACAJ) is a non-governmental and apolitical organizationare’.
Surely they want to get this show on the road and know that AVZ are the key to getting there and whilst protecting the interests of the DRC. Here’s hoping anyway.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
100% agree. Didn’t like it either. Reads to me like any outside investment is bad and they want to cancel everything and have it back to 100% DRC ownership (I don’t even like saying that out loud!). However I don’t know how much influence they would actually have, according to their website ‘(ACAJ) is a non-governmental and apolitical organizationare’.
Surely they want to get this show on the road and know that AVZ are the key to getting there and whilst protecting the interests of the DRC. Here’s hoping anyway.
My take, they're most likely getting bribed by zijin to cause trouble. Let's be honest.
Both these articles seem to indicate they have no handle on the facts or are deliberately muddying the waters. Even to the point of saying that somehow cominiere now only owns 5% without any explanation.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

TDITD

Top 20
So in case this happens who here lives in SEQ and is going to take me for a hoon in their new supercar? I don't hold enough to buy my own, would be a Mclaren 670s for me if I could :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
Haha I’m in SEQ but will be holding firmly to the majority of my shares for dividends, so sadly no supercar for me. Although I may get one of these puppies (certainly no supercar)

https://www.volvocars.com/au/v/cars/xc40-electric

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TDITD

Top 20
My take, they're most likely getting bribed by zijin to cause trouble. Let's be honest.
Both these articles seem to indicate they have no handle on the facts or are deliberately muddying the waters. Even to the point of saying that somehow cominiere now only owns 5% without any explanation.
Yes it’s obvious they are taking $ or returning a favour. I’ve been a pest to these cretins on Twitter continually posting the IGF report under their posts. As a wise-man once said “fuck em”

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Remark

Top 20
There seem to be a lot of militant splinter groups in DRC who have an agenda that is polar opposite of the ruling government.

Much like the media here in the weeks ahead of a Federal election. Anyone else ready to throw their shoes at the TV the next time that "There's a hole in the budget, dear Labor, dear Labor" (that one is killing me!) or Clive Palmer coming to save Australia?

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Roller62

Regular
THE GOVERNMENT CAN NOT JUST BUTT IN AND SAY ZIJIN IS WRONG - THAT IS DICTATORSHIP

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Samus

Top 20
Yes it’s obvious they are taking $ or returning a favour. I’ve been a pest to these cretins on Twitter continually posting the IGF report under their posts. As a wise-man once said “fuck em”
Well they are worried about the 'grievances' of cominiere SA likely those members who underhandedly flogged off the 15% to jijin under the table.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 1612

You’re probably right. In fact, according to their website https://acajrdc.org/ you can make a donation via PayPal… sounds above board 😕

Attachments

• 215D7B28-EBFC-43EB-8CA0-007ACF4456C7.jpeg
    215D7B28-EBFC-43EB-8CA0-007ACF4456C7.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 42
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Agree re the influence levels you mentioned.

I think they just want a higher percentage back/the related rewards.
They are meant to have the 10% that is ceded to the Govt, but if they lost out on the dodgy deals on the through, they will want some compensation.
EG if the Zijin claims actually have legs and they got the 15%, potentially putting it back on the table and getting a better deal with higher prices.
($XX more millions for their parcels)

The DRC itself (as far as I am aware) to develop the mine, it would always require other parties.

They cannot just decide, that after all of AVZ's work to get the ML etc and BFS and put a value to the mine, that they want it all back, just because it is worth a lot more money.
I am pretty sure there will be some common sense in the Govt/Felix etc backing AVZ to continue the project and create jobs and a prosperous community etc and not stalling the project further.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I’m hitting Tuscany tomorrow for a few days - any winery recommendations?
All of them! :ROFLMAO:

Been a while since I was in Toscana

2000 and 2015 to be precise!

Stayed mostly in central Tuscany around Colle di val d'Elsa

Lots of access to the Chianti wineries

I don't have any particular favourites in terms of wineries and it depends where in Tuscany you are as it's a pretty big region

I also loved Florence and Sienna too but the Agriturismo area around central Tuscany is the picture postcard stuff without a doubt

For the wines themselves can't go past Chianti Classico (Sangiovese) and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (also mostly Sangiovese)

On the bigger side Nebbiolo, Nero d'Avola and the actual Montepliciano grape wines (Montepliciano d'Abruzzo) are all great but not specifially regional to Tuscany

Oh I also like the Super Tuscans but they're more like the varieties and blends we get here and not necessarily typical of the traditional Italian styles.....but still supurb wines

Here's a link that might be useful to plan your visit.....wish it was me!:D:rolleyes:

Salute!

https://www.decanter.com/wine-travel/top-10-tuscan-wineries-to-visit-13770/

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
You can bet on it that Z are behind all this 'ginger group' shit. The DRC cannot possibly do it themselves, and we have contractual rights. They are just tossers of the highest magnitude

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
There seem to be a lot of militant splinter groups in DRC who have an agenda that is polar opposite of the ruling government.

Much like the media here in the weeks ahead of a Federal election. Anyone else ready to throw their shoes at the TV the next time that "There's a hole in the budget, dear Labor, dear Labor" (that one is killing me!) or Clive Palmer coming to save Australia?

That is easily the worst.

The Clive Palmer one where he says "SAVE YOUR HOME... Saaave your home" always makes me yell back at the TV "get the fuck out of my house Clive"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
That is easily the worst.

The Clive Palmer one where he says "SAVE YOUR HOME... Saaave your home" always makes me yell back at the TV "get the fuck out of my house Clive"
I just can't believe people still watch 'TV' with ads :unsure:

I mean and you're not even old yet DD :LOL:

• Haha

Frank

Top 20
Imagine if on Friday we come out of suspension..

It turns out we've been issued the ML last week..CATH in turn have paid the $240M, the board have met and we get BFS and FID on Friday too..

Now wouldn't that be nice.

*Speaking of Nice, If you go to the copperbeltkatangamining site and scroll down to New Mining Projects they now have the

AVZ Fly through video of the Manono Lithium and Tin Project, Planned Processing Plant​

New Mining Projects | DRC​

Mining.png

Food for thought and Fingers crossed it' a sign of things to come🤞

On the Road to Mining Manono 🔋

GLTA-AVZH's (y)

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

CHB

Regular
Still waiting on someone to create the rumour that ACAJ under investigation for taking bribes from the Chinese.. just to make them sweat a little 😅

• Haha
  • Thinking

Samus

Top 20
Still waiting on someone to create the rumour that ACAJ under investigation for taking bribes from the Chinese.. just to make them sweat a little 😅
ohreally your up!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Remark

Top 20
Good to see some familiar nics coming through from the Crapper. Obviously pissed off by the constant flow of crap posters congregating there.

• Fire

wombat74

Top 20
The other link offers a similar narrative
View attachment 6811
Why not mention Zijin as well ? This reads like a pile of shit to me . Obviously Zijin are in ACAJ's back pocket . Zijin know they are up shit creek trying to muscle in on AVZ . Now the new angle is wipe the slate clean and give it all back the DRC "The People" . Then mysteriously they change their minds and sell the rights to Zijin . What a crock of crap . DRC gov know they need foreign investment and expertise . They can barely build a basket ball court let alone the world's biggest lithium project . This has Zijin written all over it .

• Wow
  • Haha
Top Bottom