AVZ Discussion 2022

Dazmac66

Regular
Good announcement out of MLS today and up 20%, feels like its been forever since I've had a good day on the stonks.
Good to hear mate, hope it skyrockets.

Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20

Electric cars to account for over 80% of battery demand in next 20 years despite current challenges​

Electric cars are expected to account for 79% of the EV market revenues and 83% of battery demand in the next two decades despite some current challenges, a new report by IDTechEx shows.
blank.gif

According to the research firm, the reason for cars to continue to lead the EV sectors is that they have long been the focus of government policy for their popularity and the need to reduce road emissions.

*No wonder,

Indonesia is keen to develop a nickel-based EV industry at home – from making nickel metal, to producing battery components and assembling electric vehicles.

Contemporary Amperex Technology, a Tesla supplier, announced a $9-billion Indonesia investment in April.

As,

Indonesia’s Jokowi meets Tesla’s Musk after nickel talks

Indonesian President Joko Widodo met Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Elon Musk on Saturday in Texas to discuss potential investments and technology, Indonesia’s government said in a statement.
blank.gif

The meeting between Musk and Widodo, better known as Jokowi, came after a round of working-level discussions on a potential investment in Indonesia’s nickel industry and supply of batteries for electric vehicles, Indonesian officials told Reuters.

Representatives from Tesla were in Indonesia last week for meetings regarding a potential battery-related investment, Indonesian officials and two people familiar with the talks have said.

Indonesia for years has been trying to secure a deal with Tesla on battery investment and potentially for Musk’s SpaceX aerospace company.

Jokowi traveled from Washington, where he attended a meeting of leaders from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, to meet Musk at the SpaceX launch site in Boca Chica, Texas.

He invited the billionaire to visit Indonesia in November.

Jokowi is to host a summit of the Group of 20 big economies in Bali in November.

“Hopefully in November,” the Indonesian government quoted Musk as saying.

Musk said there could be room for “partnerships in many things, because Indonesia has a lot of potential”, the statement said.

Indonesia has the world’s biggest nickel reserves, and Jokowi is keen to develop a nickel-based EV industry at home – from making nickel metal, to producing battery components and assembling electric vehicles.

In the past, he has also urged Musk to consider a rocket launch site in Indonesia.

Two deals over the past month have given new momentum to Jokowi’s push to develop an EV-related industry at a time when global automakers have been scrambling to secure supplies of battery materials and reduce their reliance on China.

A consortium led by South Korea’s LG Energy Solution Ltd, the global No. 2 maker of EV batteries, announced plans last month to invest $9 billion in Indonesia as part of a deal that would include everything from nickel refining to producing battery cells in Indonesia.

LG’s larger rival, China-based Contemporary Amperex Technology, a Tesla supplier, announced a $9-billion Indonesia investment in April.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

CATLTesla.jpeg

china-electric-car-.jpg

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Food for thought on the road to mining Manono thanks to Joko Widodo :unsure:

Time to pull your finger out Felix (y)

Tick Tock Clock.gif

Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20

Battery and electric vehicle market: members of the DRC government called upon to play their part as quickly as possible

The Minister of Industry Julien Paluku, during the 53rd meeting of the Council of Ministers, took stock of the significant progress made in the context of the implementation of the recommendations of the DRC Africa Business Forum, especially with regard to the cooperation with States producing electric battery components.

According to him, the signing of the joint declaration by the Heads of State of the DRC and Zambia on April 29, 2022 in Lusaka preceded by the signing of the cooperation agreement between the two countries represented by their ministers in charge of industry, mining and finance materialize this joint desire to set up a value chain in the production sector of electric batteries and clean energies.

“Thanks to this cooperation, the two countries will be able to truly play their role in setting the price of cobalt on the international market and thus effectively influence both upstream and downstream input and output markets in the battery and car value chain.

Considering the cross-cutting nature of this project, for which the largest producer of batteries in the world has shown their interest, the plea has been made so that each member of the government in his sphere of competence plays his part as quickly as possible in order to allow the Congolese to truly benefit from the mineral resources of their country”, reports the minutes of the meeting held on Friday, May 13, 2022.

Head of State Félix Tshisekedi and his Zambian counterpart Hakainde Hichilema decided at the end of April to harmonize their development policies and strategies vis-à-vis the mining and industrial sector for the success of the market relating to the establishment of a value chain in the electric battery and clean energy sector.

To do this, they have set up a framework called “Battery Council of the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC – Zambia Battery Council).

This agreement between the two countries aims for the joint exploitation of strategic minerals including lithium and cobalt, essential for the manufacture of batteries for electric cars.

It goes without saying that this new vision is part of a development partnership between the two countries.

The minerals that will be exploited and developed by the two countries (which hold nearly 70% of world reserves) represent a market of around 10,000 billion US dollars.

May 16, 2022 arnbethnic

AVZ Monster.jpg

DRC BF ! .jpeg

Mining.png

Tick Tock tick tick it's time to Hard Rock around the Clock ⏰ 🔋 🚘

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 3.42.40 PM.png

I think Obi has it in a nutshell - AVZ were confident of their legal position all along, and let the bastards hang themselves.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33 users

BRICK

Regular
All the talk of armegeddon and my other holdings in graphite and rare earths are up plenty.
Friday was good for RNU. Only s matter of time here!

Dazmac66

Regular
Friday was good for RNU. Only s matter of time here!
Yes mate happy to be on that one thanks to some help from a few kind chaos on this forum. 12 months time happy days for all of us. Fingers crossed.
Ps sending me home from hospital today with a suitcase full of drugs.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Remark

Top 20
Yes mate happy to be on that one thanks to some help from a few kind chaos on this forum. 12 months time happy days for all of us. Fingers crossed.
Nice one Daz, there's no place like home for recovery. Best wishes (y)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

BRICK

Regular
Good to hear mate. Best of luck with the suitcase!

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Is a suitcase representative of classier corruption?
Good to hear mate. Best of luck with the suitcase!

:ROFLMAO:
All the best to you in recovery mate

BRICK

Regular
Is a suitcase representative of classier corruption?

All the best to you in recovery mate
:LOL:

Suitcases full of drugs seem to be creating all sorts of problems across NSW at the moment!

• Haha

Dazmac66

Regular
Thanks all. I meant kind chaps.

CHB

Regular

Samus

Top 20
If you need 51% to obtain a mining licence, then how does Kamoa operate?

The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%).

"the Legislator requires that each transformation within the framework of a separate mine or a separate mining project, the applicant company creates a subsidiary in which it holds at least 51% of the shares.

The decree was issued to Dathcom Mining SA, in which AVZ holds a 75% interest via its wholly-owned subsidiary AVZ International

Therefore, if AVZ are the applicant company and have created a subsidiary in which it holds 100% of the shares (AVZI wholly owned by AVZ as above) then they have complied with the requirement. It does not say anything about what percentage that subsidiary has to control of the mining project. Just that there has to be a separate subsidiary created (eg AVZI) with 51%+ ownership by the company of the subsidiary for each mine/project.

The key part for me is that it is shares in the subsidiary, not shares of the mining project itself.
I don't recall being the one to make that assertion, only adding that zijin would likely fail in any certificate of good life and morals. :unsure:

You'll have to engage with somebody better legally versed than I am.

If you need 51% to obtain a mining licence, then how does Kamoa operate?

The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%).

"the Legislator requires that each transformation within the framework of a separate mine or a separate mining project, the applicant company creates a subsidiary in which it holds at least 51% of the shares.

The decree was issued to Dathcom Mining SA, in which AVZ holds a 75% interest via its wholly-owned subsidiary AVZ International

Therefore, if AVZ are the applicant company and have created a subsidiary in which it holds 100% of the shares (AVZI wholly owned by AVZ as above) then they have complied with the requirement. It does not say anything about what percentage that subsidiary has to control of the mining project. Just that there has to be a separate subsidiary created (eg AVZI) with 51%+ ownership by the company of the subsidiary for each mine/project.

The key part for me is that it is shares in the subsidiary, not shares of the mining project itself.
I wondered about that too and I wonder if the 51% ownership by a single party/JV partner is a new addition to the Mining Code after the 2018 changes and may not apply to older JV structures. Someone will need to compare the old and new Mining Codes to see if this is a recent change. AVZ will play by current rules, regardless.

DYOR

Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha

Samus

Top 20
Thanks Solo, he must be good if he is getting kidnapped?? 🙁
Has it always been the case in this forum that replies are sometimes slotted in after the original post like this?
This new @zeeb0t or something I've just missed along the way?
Easy to miss new posts is all.

Edit: No my mistake, I'm just not getting the notifications until sometimes days later it seems :unsure: but usually they're close to real time.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom