Reactions: 19 users

Bin59

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Does anyone know if there's any industry at all in Manono? Farms I'm guessing.

Artisanal mining

Reactions: 6 users

Azzler

Top 20
Reactions: 1 users

Azzler

Top 20
Artisanal mining

Ah that was the very article I was referring to a couple posts back. It's quite comprehensive and well put together.

I'm sure AVZ would well afford to pay these artisinal miners a few dolars a day just to take out the garbage, sweep the steps, ect. Just to clear them out of the area without upsetting the people.
Just heartbreaking that's the best these people can get for diggign up dirt and standing in water for 10 hours a day... with their 6 children in tow!

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
"Everything is on hold"

Screenshot_20230819_163650_X.jpg

• Thinking
  • Love
Ah that was the very article I was referring to a couple posts back. It's quite comprehensive and well put together.

I'm sure AVZ would well afford to pay these artisinal miners a few dolars a day just to take out the garbage, sweep the steps, ect. Just to clear them out of the area without upsetting the people.
Just heartbreaking that's the best these people can get for diggign up dirt and standing in water for 10 hours a day... with their 6 children in tow!
Thanks for that article - it was pretty good except that it downplayed the naked greed and corruption form our Chinese mates, including #FuckZijin.

Re the artisanal miners - i have a vague recollection of something in the mining code that preserved artisanal mining rights within other leases. It sounded like a way of ensuring no loss of employment for those involved (which is quite reasonable), but who knows how that could work in practice in the precinct of a large-scale mine. Nothing to worry about unless #Fuckzijin bring an army of their chinese brethren into manono and start claiming artisanal mining rights. With excavators…

Fuck, i might have just given them an idea - I should just shut up, hey?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20

:rolleyes:

• Thinking
  • Haha

Juba1845

Regular

Doc

Master of Quan
Hope that's not a recent photo.
Hope it is. El Presidento had him dragged in to tell him in no uncertain terms that all road blocks for Manono and Dathcom are to cease and to get the fuck on with it
At least in my head that’s what would of been said

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

wombat74

Top 20
Hope it is. El Presidento had him dragged in to tell him in no uncertain terms that all road blocks for Manono and Dathcom are to cease and to get the fuck on with it
At least in my head that’s what would of been said
The C--T was just promoted by Presidential Order . Recent Official photo is my guess . Followed by a big dinner and a chit chat over a few whiskeys .

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Cadastre has spoken with AVZ, Cominiere, Anser (Electrical Dept.) and a meeting organised by the IGF with the people of MoP.

I don't know if it spoke with Dathomir, or Zijin.

I would say on the basis of these discussions a way forward will be developed.

What will that be?
I would say there will be more discussions following.
As Cadastre CEO has said he works under direction of MoM, which is essentially El Presidente.

After everything is signed and sealed (ML), BoD will announce that fact, but not the progress on the court cases.
Progress of court cases will be discussed after they have been finalised, or if delayed.

AIMO
Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 5.45.05 pm.png

He is probably thinking: What am I going to tell Zijin. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Skar

Regular

I was at the roadshow in Sydney, there was talk of actually working with them, training and education programs, providing better tools and employment, not exploiting them or looking down on them. They were seen as neighbors not squatters.

It makes it all the more unfortunate the corrupt actions of some of their elite class, are what is keeping them from a better way of life... as an Australian company there are things we just cant do (and even if we were legally allowed to we wouldn't), where as China can and does.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

wombat74

Top 20
"Everything is on hold"

View attachment 42387
"Everything is on hold "

No sh1t sherlock . 15 months and counting . New CAMI need the next 8 months( conveniently ) to get up to speed on what the f--ks been going on for the past 24 months ?Gives MoM a safe passage into OZ ? Hey Hodlandwin69 you still good for the ML to be sorted by last Tuesday ? Can you touch base with Azzler and get back to me . Oh and can you order an Italian take away for Nelly . She's fading away to nothing . 10 4 big doggie

Last edited:
  • Haha

Azzler

Top 20
I think old wobbles might need a welfare check.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
"Everything is on hold "

No sh1t sherlock . 15 months and counting . New CAMI need the next 8 months( conveniently ) to get up to speed on what the f--ks been going on for the past 24 months . Gives MoM a safe passage into OZ . Hey Hodlandwin69 you still good for the ML to be sorted by last Tuesday ? Can you touch base with Azzler and get back to me . Oh and can you order an Italian take away for Nelly . She's fading away to nothing . 10 4 big doggie
Yeh man, all sorted 😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I was at the roadshow in Sydney, there was talk of actually working with them, training and education programs, providing better tools and employment, not exploiting them or looking down on them. They were seen as neighbors not squatters.

It makes it all the more unfortunate the corrupt actions of some of their elite class, are what is keeping them from a better way of life... as an Australian company there are things we just cant do (and even if we were legally allowed to we wouldn't), where as China can and does.
I've heard Nigel say this too and I didn't attend a roadshow. Pretty sure he said it at the AGM or it could have been in an interview before suspension.

Samus

Top 20
I've heard Nigel say this too and I didn't attend a roadshow. Pretty sure he said it at the AGM or it could have been in an interview before suspension.
Very similar things were said at the AGM as the roadshow from what I remember. Though the roadshow was a little bit more casual and perhaps a bit more of the unofficial came through.

Samus

Top 20
shutterstock_114741004-800x400-1.jpg

NEWSECONOMY

Why is the rehabilitation of the Mpiana-Mwanga hydropower plant of the Manono lithium project still at a standstill?​

August 19, 2023
Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge
The Piana-Mwanga hydroelectric dam is a 54 megawatt power station commissioned in 1933 under Belgian colonization, to supply electrical energy to the Manono tin mine, today where the project of the Manono lithium mining.
The exploitation of tin and its mine have been dormant since 1982, the Piana-Mwanga hydroelectric power station has not been able to continue its production of electrical energy for lack of financing and maintenance formerly guaranteed by the state operating company of Zaïréétain tin, today COMINIERE.
On January 13, 2020 after joining the DATHCOM joint venture, a joint venture with the Congolese State for the exploitation of lithium, the mining conglomerate AVZ MINERALS Limited, in order to supply electrical energy to the Manono-Kitotolo mine, the one of the largest lithium mines in the DRC, with reserves estimated at 120,000,000 tonnes (132,277,357 tons) of ore.
AVZ POWER SAU (subsidiary of AVZ MINERALS) had concluded an agreement with the Congolese government for the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power station of Mpiana-Mwanga I and II in order to supply its mining operations, in particular to supply electrical energy to a large part of the population of the territory of Manono.
“We have been working for several months now to secure this opportunity, as we consider the rehabilitation of the Mpiana-Mwanga power plant to be a big step forward for the company,” said Nigel Ferguson, Managing Director of AVZ MINERALS .
A feasibility study had been authorized by the Congolese government through its Ministry of Hydraulic Resources and Electricity and initiated by the Australians of AVZ POWER, in order to allow the Piana-Mwanga hydroelectric power station, already abandoned, to be able to produce at least 54 megawatts to support its mining and electricity distribution activities in the territory of Manono.
In September 2022 a Coup de theater, the COMINIERE company representing the Congolese State in DATHCOM, decided to change the cards in the rehabilitation project of the Piana-Mwanga hydroelectric power station.
On Saturday November 12, 2022 COMINIERE publicly announced through its delegate in the joint venture, MUYELA Robert , that it had selected the Chinese group ZIJIN from several proposals through one of its subsidiaries in DR Congo, for the rehabilitation of hydroelectric power plants. of Mpiana-Mwanga within three years and this without condition.
The reason put forward by COMINIERE would be that the Australians of AVZ MINERALS did not respect the laws of the DR Congo, granting themselves through DATHCOMA the plant which is from the Congolese State and not from the joint venture on the Manono project. -lithium.
Recall that in 2020 the contract for the rehabilitation of the plant was signed between DATHCOM and the Congolese Ministry of Hydraulic Resources and Electricity with the blessing of all the partners, in particular the COMINIERE in question, as evidenced by this 2021 document from the ministry signed by the Minister in office.
1-1.png

Here is from this merry-go-round of the leaders of COMINIERE financed by the Chinese group, ZIJIN which has ambitions to completely get its hands on the lithium project of Manono to the detriment of the Australians of AVZ MINERALS, the rehabilitation project of the Mpiana-Mwanga dam remains stationary, thus depriving the entire population of electricity and blocking the development of the province of Tanganyika in general.

• Thinking
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom