Reactions: 36 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Charbella

Regular
I wonder if they are connected to the DRC’s Ministry of Hydraulic Resources and Energy for the Mpiana-Mwanga hydro-electric power station refurbishment ......

@MinMinesRDC
Translated from French by
On August 17, 2023, the Director of the Mining Cadastre, Mr. Paul MABOLIA YENGA, had the honor of welcoming the delegation of the National Agency for Electrification and Energy Services in rural and peri-urban areas, ANSER in acronym. Led by its Managing Director, Mr. Idesbald CHINAMULA, the delegation was also made up of the Technical Director as well as the expert head of the service in charge of partnerships. The exchanges at the heart of this meeting focused on a promising collaboration between the two state institutions. The central issue of these discussions was the possibility of formalizing a solid memorandum of understanding, uniting the forces of the Mining Cadastre and ANSER to actively contribute to post-mining efforts and technical support for mining companies in electrification of communities. The current situation of the Congolese mining sector was highlighted by the Director General of CAMI, highlighting the energy deficit hampering the expansion of the sector. This is where the partnership between CAMI and ANSER comes into play. As a gateway to the mining sector, the CAMI will serve as an essential bridge towards the electrification of rural communities impacted by mining projects. Thanks to the operational expertise of ANSER, as the operational arm of the Congolese State in terms of rural and peri-urban electrification, this collaboration promises to bring a pragmatic approach to the issue of the electrification of local communities, within the framework of the specifications imposed on operating mining companies. "Electricity is the fuel of the mining industry and the catalyst for grassroots development, and with the expertise of ANSER, it is possible to envisage a fruitful partnership for the benefit of our rural and peri-urban populations" underlined DG CAMI. This initiative is part of the ongoing commitment to sustainable development and economic growth carried out by the two institutions. #CadastreMinier #CAMI #RDC #MinesRDC
@anser_rdc

@MinMinesRDC

The outcome of the Mpiana-Mwanga hydroelectric power station refurbishment has been on my mind for some time now. Zijin has already started working on the site.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
The outcome of the Mpiana-Mwanga hydroelectric power station refurbishment has been on my mind for some time now. Zijin has already started working on the site.
Has this been confirmed somewhere other than from the 'Cominière SA' twitter account?

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Can you link some evidence?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Azzler

Top 20
Yeah wot mate?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Azzler

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
That’s quite concerning.

Paying x times the going rate to power our operation as an act of revenge by #FuckZijin sounds about right, damnit.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Charbella

Regular
Can you link some evidence?
Last year I came across a job ad for the power station by Jin Cheng/Zijin. Hence I assume that work is being done on the site.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Azzler

Top 20
Last year I came across a job ad for the power station by Jin Cheng/Zijin. Hence I assume that work is being done on the site.
They are cunts though, and do shit things like that.

Do you remeber that article on the ground in Manono where they tell the story of Zijin coming into the mine site with a fucking excavator!
Just trying to bully their way in!
They arrested the driver and he was released the next day.

It would be good to get clarity on what exactly is going on with that Hydro plant, Com and MoP were shit talking saying it wasn't ours to play with, but people were saying that wasn't true and we had an arrangement already.
I don't think anything was every clarified.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Dijon101

Regular
"Hence I assume"..... all from a job add? but nothing else?

I'd assume "yeah nah"

Just from the article Sammael posted
"
  • To respect the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Government of the Republic and AVZ POWER SAU for the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power stations of Mpiana-Mwanga, and of which a representative was to sit in the Technical Monitoring Committee of the said project;"

We know AVZ has a MOA with the Government for Mpiana-Mwanga...
I'd assume from the balance of evidence that its AVZ not Zijin that are doing the work to rehabilitate the power station.

Anyway,
I'm more concerned about if we are mining LITHIUM not who's working on a power station.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

oxxa23

Regular

Do you remeber that article on the ground in Manono where they tell the story of Zijin coming into the mine site with a fucking excavator!

It would be good to get clarity on what exactly is going on with that Hydro plant, Com and MoP were shit talking saying it wasn't ours to play with, but people were saying that wasn't true and we had an arrangement already.
Yeah, cominiere was saying they controlled it, not the govt (who we signed contact with).... Hence, their snack buddies z pretending to control it also....

Reactions: 11 users

You’re all spelling #FuckZijin wrong…

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Cadastre has spoken with AVZ, Cominiere, Anser (Electrical Dept.) and a meeting organised by the IGF with the people of MoP.

I don't know if it spoke with Dathomir, or Zijin.

I would say on the basis of these discussions a way forward will be developed.

What will that be?
I would say there will be more discussions following.
As Cadastre CEO has said he works under direction of MoM, which is essentially El Presidente.

After everything is signed and sealed (ML), BoD will announce that fact, but not the progress on the court cases.
Progress of court cases will be discussed after they have been finalised, or if delayed.

AIMO

• Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Cadastre has spoken with AVZ, Cominiere, Anser (Electrical Dept.) and a meeting organised by the IGF with the people of MoP.

I don't know if it spoke with Dathomir, or Zijin.

I would say on the basis of these discussions a way forward will be developed.

What will that be?
I would say there will be more discussions following.
As Cadastre CEO has said he works under direction of MoM, which is essentially El Presidente.

After everything is signed and sealed (ML), BoD will announce that fact, but not the progress on the court cases.
Progress of court cases will be discussed after they have been finalised, or if delayed.

AIMO
‘I would say there will be more discussions following.’

There’s an understatement. All they do is talk

• Fire
  • Haha

Roon

Regular
"Hence I assume"..... all from a job add? but nothing else?

I'd assume "yeah nah"

Just from the article Sammael posted
"
  • To respect the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Government of the Republic and AVZ POWER SAU for the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power stations of Mpiana-Mwanga, and of which a representative was to sit in the Technical Monitoring Committee of the said project;"

We know AVZ has a MOA with the Government for Mpiana-Mwanga...
I'd assume from the balance of evidence that its AVZ not Zijin that are doing the work to rehabilitate the power station.

Anyway,
I'm more concerned about if we are mining LITHIUM not who's working on a power station.
Without that power station our DFS is not workable and would need major changes.

Cominere management recently stated online that non-AVZ works were in play in Mpiana Mwanga. We have that MoU, but as we've seen agreements of this nature sometimes aren't worth the paper they are written on in DRC - and elsewhere.

It's been flagged up before that Zijin 'got' a contract to revitalize the power plant. Obviously we reject that, but wouldn't surprise me that Zijin Is attempting the boots on the ground approach as one angle they've got to muscle in on the project.

Definitely one to watch.

• Thinking

Samus

Top 20
Without that power station our DFS is not workable and would need major changes.

Cominere management recently stated online that non-AVZ works were in play in Mpiana Mwanga. We have that MoU, but as we've seen agreements of this nature sometimes aren't worth the paper they are written on in DRC - and elsewhere.

It's been flagged up before that Zijin 'got' a contract to revitalize the power plant. Obviously we reject that, but wouldn't surprise me that Zijin Is attempting the boots on the ground approach as one angle they've got to muscle in on the project.

Definitely one to watch.
Any evidence of this you can point to Roon?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Definitely one to watch.
If Zijin rehabilitates the PS, it doesn't mean that they own it.

Cominiere and ASER can pay Zijin for the cost of repair and kindly tell them thank you for a job well done, we consider this part payment for holding us up, now buzz off ASER is going to operate it.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Roon

Regular
Any evidence of this you can point to Roon?
Which bit? Cominiere's Twitter page has CKK's claim of work occurring at Mpiana-Mwanga.

Re: contracts, there was a bunch of this stuff in 2022. Just mostly China oriented media like:

(Kinshasa) 7SUR7 media reports, Zijin Mining's subsidiary in Congo (Kinshasa) has successfully obtained the franchise of the Mpiana Mwanga Hydropower Station in the Manono area through bidding. This hydropower station is the only power energy project in the Manono area. The development of the mine is of great significance.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom