AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
Which bit? Cominiere's Twitter page has CKK's claim of work occurring at Mpiana-Mwanga.

Re: contracts, there was a bunch of this stuff in 2022. Just mostly China oriented media like:

(Kinshasa) 7SUR7 media reports, Zijin Mining's subsidiary in Congo (Kinshasa) has successfully obtained the franchise of the Mpiana Mwanga Hydropower Station in the Manono area through bidding. This hydropower station is the only power energy project in the Manono area. The development of the mine is of great significance.
It'd just be nice to have some links to archive instead of having to search out old info intermittently I guess. It's easier and easier to loose track of everything.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Roon

Regular
Agreed - I'll do a bit of a dive into MM power station issues when I'm back on my computer and will drop the results into the other thread. Cheers Sammo.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Roon

Regular
If Zijin rehabilitates the PS, it doesn't mean that they own it.

Cominiere and ASER can pay Zijin for the cost of repair and kindly tell them thank you for a job well done, we consider this part payment for holding us up, now buzz off ASER is going to operate it.
Agreed. It just represents another attack of Zijin though, and a point it could use to try and highlight AVZ's perceived 'lack of headway' in developing the project as outlined in the DFS

Reactions: 2 users
Without that power station our DFS is not workable and would need major changes.

Cominere management recently stated online that non-AVZ works were in play in Mpiana Mwanga. We have that MoU, but as we've seen agreements of this nature sometimes aren't worth the paper they are written on in DRC - and elsewhere.

It's been flagged up before that Zijin 'got' a contract to revitalize the power plant. Obviously we reject that, but wouldn't surprise me that Zijin Is attempting the boots on the ground approach as one angle they've got to muscle in on the project.

Definitely one to watch.
They are corrupt to the core and will never give up. Even if they end up 0% of Manono they will forever attempt to fuck up our progress through:
  • Power plant - delays, “unexpected” outages, outrageous power costs
  • Administrative - helping local officials to “find“ problems with the hundreds of things we’ll need to get done to get a mine and plant operational, be it infrastructure, health and safety, environmental, whatever
  • Concocting stories to set the locals against us (remember the attacks on our vehicles and equipment about a year back?)
  • Direct and indirect physical disruption to plant and equipment
  • Disruption near access points and transport facilities to stop or slow equipment and personnel in, or getting product out.
It’s in their DNA - they will not stop. Ever.

#FuckZijin

• Fire
  • Sad

Dijon101

Regular
Without that power station our DFS is not workable and would need major changes.

Cominere management recently stated online that non-AVZ works were in play in Mpiana Mwanga. We have that MoU, but as we've seen agreements of this nature sometimes aren't worth the paper they are written on in DRC - and elsewhere.

It's been flagged up before that Zijin 'got' a contract to revitalize the power plant. Obviously we reject that, but wouldn't surprise me that Zijin Is attempting the boots on the ground approach as one angle they've got to muscle in on the project.

Definitely one to watch.

Agree with you saying that "agreements are not worth the paper they are written on in the DRC".

I'm just going with this is just another attempt to muddy the waters due to the uptrend in recent positive sentiment lately.

I mean even the pies lost last night.
I'm having a great weekend!

• Haha

Roon

Regular
They are corrupt to the core and will never give up. Even if they end up 0% of Manono they will forever attempt to fuck up our progress through:
  • Administrative - helping local officials to “find“ problems with the hundreds of things we’ll need to get done to get a mine and plant operational, be it infrastructure, health and safety, environmental, whatever
  • Concocting stories to set the locals against us (remember the attacks on our vehicles and equipment about a year back?)
  • Disruption near access points and transport facilities to stop or slow equipment and personnel in, or getting product out.

#FuckZijin
Yeah fuck Zijin the corrupt crooks.

Funnily enough I saw that Zijin are doing a public meeting in the country I'm working in ATM to promote their PPP opportunities with the government. I'm definitely considering going and causing ruckus to undermine their other non-AVZ efforts.

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Funnily enough I saw that Zijin are doing a public meeting in the country I'm working in ATM to promote their PPP opportunities with the government. I'm definitely considering going and causing ruckus to undermine their other non-AVZ efforts.
Tellum you are a representative of the Taiwanese Government, that will maximise their bile production to the point it squirts out of their ears.

• Haha

Roon

Regular
Tellum you are a representative of the Taiwanese Government, that will maximise their bile production to the point it squirts out of their ears.
Here on behalf of the real China 🇹🇼

😄

I used to live in China for a few years, no doubt on enough lists already, just add this one on...

Reactions: 4 users

Oh, please do. Even a few barbed questions here and there would be great.
popcorn.gif

Reactions: 4 users

Bonsoir

Regular
Who ever refurbishes the power station have to get a return on their investment, if it’s not AVZ then who are they going to sell the power to…? the population of Manono, I think not as they are to poor so the only ones that will benefit from the power station are the ones that will own the mine.

The population in this area is minimal and power required for other mines in area I assume would not be sufficient to justify the refurbishment.

All about economics.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Who ever refurbishes the power station have to get a return on their investment, if it’s not AVZ then who are they going to sell the power to…? the population of Manono, I think not as they are to poor so the only ones that will benefit from the power station are the ones that will own the mine.

The population in this area is minimal and power required for other mines in area I assume would not be sufficient to justify the refurbishment.

All about economics.
#Fuckzijin have not suddenly turned into a power generation company. Nor are they doing it (if indeed they are…) for altruistic purposes.

The singular purpose is to gain leverage over the Manono prospect, including us. The want to use that leverage to a) secure % over Manono, and failing that b) fuck us up. It’s that simple.

Reactions: 14 users

Bonsoir

Regular
#Fuckzijin have not suddenly turned into a power generation company. Nor are they doing it (if indeed they are…) for altruistic purposes.

The singular purpose is to gain leverage over the Manono prospect, including us. The want to use that leverage to a) secure % over Manono, and failing that b) fuck us up. It’s that simple.
Hopefully the government will see it for what it is if that is the case and strip them of the project if they have it in the first place.

Reactions: 11 users

Azzler

Top 20
If there is a potential conflict with Zijin, the powerplant which we need, and AVZ, I'm massively confident that our BoD are all over it, are well aware and have made steps to overcome any possible future sabotage.
If there's a problem in the first place that is.

BoD would be all over it.
Just because we don't know the details, doesn't mean we need to worry about it.
There's a fuck ton of things we don't know the details about that could ruin operations if they weren't sorted in our favor.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
BoD would be all over it.
Just because we don't know the details, doesn't mean we need to worry about it.
There's a fuck ton of things we don't know the details about that could ruin operations if they weren't sorted in our favor.
Spurious until you end up in a 15 month and counting suspension
wolf-of-wall-street-the-show-goes-on.gif

Reactions: 3 users

rocco

#FuckZijin

#FuckZijin

🖕🖕🖕🖕🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍

• Haha

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

Bonsoir

Regular
300,000 - that's as many as Hobart.
And how many could afford power, 10% ? At least AVZ would be offering to the people of Manono the best deal imo if in control of power station.

The power to the mine with the bonus of supplying townships. Fuck sounds like a win win to me.

Reactions: 7 users

Azzler

Top 20
Compared to Manono today, the Manono of tomorrow will have SO much money pumped into the town from wages, and services needed/provided it will absolutely transform the place.
Skilled people will be moving to the town, training facillities needed, and with money comes growth, buildings, infrastructure improvements.
With money comes demand for services, those services are additional jobs created.
It's a fabulous story for this very poor town.
Does anyone know if there's any industry at all in Manono? Farms I'm guessing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Dijon101

Regular
Thanks to @MoneyBags1348 and his thread on the Power plant.

"Since September 2022, the General Management of Cominière SA, a member of which is supposed to sit on the Technical Committee for Monitoring the works of the rehabilitation project for the Mpiana-Mwanga power stations, has launched a call for tenders claiming that the said power stations are abandoned. During a meeting organized by the communities of Manono on Saturday November 12, 2022 on Dathcom Mining SA, the delegate of Cominière SA publicly declared that they have “selected the Chinese group Zijin for the rehabilitation of the hydroelectric power stations of Mpiana Mwanga within three years and unconditionally”, according to information in our possession received from a participant in the said meeting. While the official documents in our possession (including the ministerial decree of which we publish a copy in this press release) prove the contrary.

The signatory organizations find in this one more unfortunate maneuver to block the start of the mining project of Dathcom Mining SA"

Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom