AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
In the sun-drenched villages of Sub-Saharan Africa, an extraordinary relationship unfolds between the number twelve and the very essence of community. This mystical bond transcends numerical significance, weaving unity, harmony, and cosmic interplay into the fabric of their existence.

Time, guided by twelve lunar months, becomes intertwined with the agricultural heartbeat of these villages. The cyclical dance of planting and harvesting aligns with the celestial symphony, drawing the villagers into a profound connection with the Earth's rhythms. The wisdom of generations past guides them as they sow seeds and reap the rewards, honoring the eternal bond between humanity and nature.

I am so glad we have you here.........you great big trickster-pony ;)

Lest we should exist in a vacuum of unenlightened prose without a connection to the wonderous world of fairy dust and unicorn poo to sustain us through these dark and often troublesome times....

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

geo_au

Regular
I was in two minds about whether to post this or not, but I figure I may as well. Its second-hand and could be biased by the individual's personal feelings about the company, so as always take with many a grain of salt:

So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good". They said he didn't seem convinced of a positive outcome.

I'm not going to put his name out there as I wasnt the direct recipient and dont have have permission to do so. Given he is no longer employed there this could be just what he is picking up from former colleagues, or an expression of his own thoughts. It was also prior to the acceptance of the ICSID registration which as many of us think is likely intended to force a negotiated outcome.

Food for thought anyway, and don't shout me down for it. Just passing on for awareness, as it's about as close to a licensed taxi driver as I'm likely to get.

I was in two minds about whether to post this or not, but I figure I may as well. Its second-hand and could be biased by the individual's personal feelings about the company, so as always take with many a grain of salt:

So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good". They said he didn't seem convinced of a positive outcome.

I'm not going to put his name out there as I wasnt the direct recipient and dont have have permission to do so. Given he is no longer employed there this could be just what he is picking up from former colleagues, or an expression of his own thoughts. It was also prior to the acceptance of the ICSID registration which as many of us think is likely intended to force a negotiated outcome.

Food for thought anyway, and don't shout me down for it. Just passing on for awareness, as it's about as close to a licensed taxi driver as I'm likely to get.
Thanks for that Roon but I'm hearing the opposite to what your relative is hearing. I will put it like this; Every dark cloud has a silver lining and we are at the stage where the cloud is clearing and everyone is going to be happy. Sorry, cannot go into detail but I feel good, very good so now it's time to cheer up and forget the past.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Let me help you with that Beish....

1686753854772.gif

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Thanks for that Roon but I'm hearing the opposite to what your relative is hearing. I will put it like this; Every dark cloud has a silver lining and we are at the stage where the cloud is clearing and everyone is going to be happy. Sorry, cannot go into detail but I feel good, very good so now it's time to cheer up and forget the past.

Doing beautifully there Geo

The ability to pop out some classic feel good vibes backed by complete fuck all seems to have been your forte thus far

Consistency

That's what we've been missing!

:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 11.26.10 pm.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Any genuine information is helpful @Roon and I take yours as being reliable

The only good thing that has come out of all this, is that we shareholders have gathered enough information on the corruption in the DRC mining sector (including DRC government and mining officials and Chinese companies) that we can come onto the TSE threads and cut and paste any, and as much of, the information we have collected and post it on international mining media platforms for the next 10 years. I know it's sad for the DRR population (especially for the population around Manono), but AVZ tried everything to do the right thing and the corrupt officials in power in the country have made it impossible for us to help them further, other than perhaps telling our storey. I hope there are some shareholders here who will always be around telling our storey

There are a number of mining and investment companies as well as official speakers advertising on the DRC MINING WEEK 2023 Facebook page ahead of the event and Dave Evans began by replying to the following ones, but eventually replied to all those shown in the pictures below….

Ministere des Mines - RDC
DRC Mining Advisory Board Members
The Standard Bank (Lead Sponsor)
Mining Engineering Services (Diamond Sponsor)
Copperbelt Energy (Platinum Sponsor)
Ecobank, Africell, Afritech, GSCongo (Gold Sponsors)

View attachment 38312
View attachment 38313
View attachment 38314
View attachment 38315
View attachment 38316
Hi Dave Evans,
Weel Done. Keep the crank up on the FB page, while I am hammering down on every birth of the DMW tag on Twitter.
Can someone volunteer for LinkedIn?
Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

John25

Regular
At Present i have found a calming mechanism …dont forget …tomorrow is Friday
1686780557401.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Bray

Regular
Mate Everytime you sprout something like this, something worse happens

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

bloke383

Regular
From Netoo on twitter

A US-led group of 12 countries, plus the EU, plans to select large critical-minerals projects to develop by year end, in an attempt to lessen China’s dominant role in producing raw materials needed for green technologies. The Mineral Security Partnership, convened by the US last June, has produced a shortlist of some 15 projects culled from about 200 options, said Jose Fernandez, US under-secretary for economic growth, energy and the environment, after visiting Sweden, Norway, Finland, France and the UK “It is our very strong hope that, by the end of the year, we will have a couple of big projects that will be announced,” he said. The shortlist spans mining, processing and recycling of critical minerals, and the projects are geographically diverse. They include some in Africa, “a couple” in Europe, a few in Latin America and others in Asia. China’s control of the supply chain for critical minerals was a “vulnerability” for other countries, Fernandez said. This would become more apparent as demand for minerals such as lithium, used in batteries, rises as countries looked to lessen energy dependencies and cut greenhouse gas emissions, he added. “If we are successful [with the projects], then we will start making a dent and moving a needle on what is now a vulnerability,” he said. Fernandez said the partnership was “not about excluding anyone”. “It’s not about monopolising any supplies. It is about just diversifying our supply chains,” he added. A report from the International Energy Agency in 2021 found that China processes 50 per cent to 70 per cent of lithium and cobalt, and nearly 90 per cent of rare-earth elements. Chinese companies have made substantial investments in Australia, Chile, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Indonesia, the IEA noted. In April Jake Sullivan, US national security adviser, said clean-energy supply chains were at risk of being “weaponised” in the way oil was during the 1970s or gas has been since Russia invaded Ukraine. Fernandez said reason why some countries had joined the partnership was because they had already been “victims of the weaponisation” of minerals. The partnership’s members include Australia, Japan, the UK, Germany, France, Korea, Canada and the EU. A report from the OECD said China was at the forefront of expanding export restrictions on critical minerals. Beijing increased the number of restrictions on critical raw materials needed for electric cars and renewable energy, such as lithium, cobalt and manganese, by a factor of nine in the 11 years to 2020, the research said. Fernandez said the minerals partnership was focused on higher environmental, social and governance standards, amid concerns about issues such as child labour and environmental damage in mining. “The bet is that if, given an alternative that involves the highest environmental principles, the highest engagement with communities, that doesn’t make countries choose between economic growth and environmental degradation, then, given that choice, producing countries will choose to work with our partners. We are testing that right now.” None of the shortlisted projects involved deep-sea mining despite growing interest by some countries in extracting battery metals from the ocean floor. This includes Norway, where the government is preparing plans to open a wide area of ocean to deep-sea mining. Fernandez said he discussed deep-sea mining briefly with politicians in Oslo on his visit there, but the US was taking a “precautionary” approach until more study on effects was conducted.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Charbella

Regular
From Netoo on twitter

A US-led group of 12 countries, plus the EU, plans to select large critical-minerals projects to develop by year end, in an attempt to lessen China’s dominant role in producing raw materials needed for green technologies. The Mineral Security Partnership, convened by the US last June, has produced a shortlist of some 15 projects culled from about 200 options, said Jose Fernandez, US under-secretary for economic growth, energy and the environment, after visiting Sweden, Norway, Finland, France and the UK “It is our very strong hope that, by the end of the year, we will have a couple of big projects that will be announced,” he said. The shortlist spans mining, processing and recycling of critical minerals, and the projects are geographically diverse. They include some in Africa, “a couple” in Europe, a few in Latin America and others in Asia. China’s control of the supply chain for critical minerals was a “vulnerability” for other countries, Fernandez said. This would become more apparent as demand for minerals such as lithium, used in batteries, rises as countries looked to lessen energy dependencies and cut greenhouse gas emissions, he added. “If we are successful [with the projects], then we will start making a dent and moving a needle on what is now a vulnerability,” he said. Fernandez said the partnership was “not about excluding anyone”. “It’s not about monopolising any supplies. It is about just diversifying our supply chains,” he added. A report from the International Energy Agency in 2021 found that China processes 50 per cent to 70 per cent of lithium and cobalt, and nearly 90 per cent of rare-earth elements. Chinese companies have made substantial investments in Australia, Chile, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Indonesia, the IEA noted. In April Jake Sullivan, US national security adviser, said clean-energy supply chains were at risk of being “weaponised” in the way oil was during the 1970s or gas has been since Russia invaded Ukraine. Fernandez said reason why some countries had joined the partnership was because they had already been “victims of the weaponisation” of minerals. The partnership’s members include Australia, Japan, the UK, Germany, France, Korea, Canada and the EU. A report from the OECD said China was at the forefront of expanding export restrictions on critical minerals. Beijing increased the number of restrictions on critical raw materials needed for electric cars and renewable energy, such as lithium, cobalt and manganese, by a factor of nine in the 11 years to 2020, the research said. Fernandez said the minerals partnership was focused on higher environmental, social and governance standards, amid concerns about issues such as child labour and environmental damage in mining. “The bet is that if, given an alternative that involves the highest environmental principles, the highest engagement with communities, that doesn’t make countries choose between economic growth and environmental degradation, then, given that choice, producing countries will choose to work with our partners. We are testing that right now.” None of the shortlisted projects involved deep-sea mining despite growing interest by some countries in extracting battery metals from the ocean floor. This includes Norway, where the government is preparing plans to open a wide area of ocean to deep-sea mining. Fernandez said he discussed deep-sea mining briefly with politicians in Oslo on his visit there, but the US was taking a “precautionary” approach until more study on effects was conducted.
@Carlos Danger @Gringos @$12!

• Haha
  • Fire

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
From Netoo on twitter

Anyone got hold of the shortlist? I know, lets ask Trump, he's pretty loose with secrets

• Haha
  • Fire

Dazmac66

Regular
From Netoo on twitter

Wouldn't that give an extra long and thick middle finger to Zijin! RNU chat also excited about this. Maybe my Mrs could get the red Tesla! (Currently driving a Kia Cerato)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Geo, you have to give us more than that. From my sources things are very high stressed and at a make or break point, not positive, not necessarily negative, but in the end game now.
Basically my understanding is looking for a TO and the bargaining chip is "give us an adequate $$$ or we will continue these court cases" (they definitely do not want to battle court for all these years).

The only positive is if you've heard further rumours of a good TO bid?

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
From Netoo on twitter

Thoughts and prayers for anyone that stands in the way of the gringos energy security
images.jpeg-4 (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Fire

timb89

Regular
Geo, you have to give us more than that. From my sources things are very high stressed and at a make or break point, not positive, not necessarily negative, but in the end game now.
Basically my understanding is looking for a TO and the bargaining chip is "give us an adequate $$$ or we will continue these court cases" (they definitely do not want to battle court for all these years).

Quick question, didn't you say your source was a former employee? How former?

Reactions: 4 users

Azzler

Top 20

If there is anything in what geo said, they have the sense not to post details that the enemy might use against us.
Just nod and move on.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom