AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20
Yeh, well I made the great mistake in sharing (at the time) what was current information (one year ago, 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, whatever) to give some insight into what was going on for the benefit and peace of mind for quality shareholders congregating here. My bad, I guess,

All of which was well before your valued contribution in recent times and mostly at a time when the days were very dark and troubled.

Yes the information I shared at the time eventually bit me in the ass, however rest assured such information was accurate when it was given, yet within a day or a week or whatever it changed, as such I looked like a peanut.

I hope your insights are more accurate then when I reported on various issues previously, and I hope no one pops up to rub your nose in it should your predictions / information / insights not pan out.

Love you long time Carlos, but if you feel like you need to rub my nose in it, that s fine, I got used to it.

I’m sorry but I cannot help it if Nigel and the AVZ "team" in the DRC have misread the play, been out manoeuvred for the last year by nefarious and corrupt players in the DRC.

Maybe AVZ will soon come up for air to present a TO or JV. (I’m sure you are aware of all this, happy to discuss offline)

So, instead of one liner’s indicating my lack of accuracy, I’d prefer you please send me a pineapple, I’ve grown accustomed to receiving them form various individuals and know just where to put them.

Lots of Love Fox 🦊
Using past tense is incorrect here fox :

",as such I looked like a peanut."

While your physical appearance may not resemble that of an oil painting, one could whimsically compare it to that of a peanut. However, fret not, as your external appearance holds no consequence in our interactions on this esteemed forum. We, cultured individuals, can see beyond the surface and value your input here immensely, even if one might find your visual representation a tad unconventional. 🙏

Lots of love, an a playful smack on the bottom 😘

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Flight996

Regular
That message need to be in a PM mate.
Trolls still lurking
Thanks.
I deleted the post. Lesson learned.
Cheers
F

Reactions: 5 users

Charbella

Regular

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
LUXEMBOURG, LUXEMBOURG--(Marketwired - Feb 28, 2018) - Zebra Holdings and Investments S.à.r.l. ("Zebra"), a company controlled by a trust settled by the late Adolf H. Lundin, incorporated under the laws of Luxembourg, 40, Boulevard Grande Duchesse Charlotte, L-1330 Luxembourg, announced today that it had acquired directly from Filo Mining Corp. ("Filo" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:FIL)(NASDAQ OMX:FIL) 2,758,133 common shares for Cdn$ 2.60 per common share, representing approximately 4.43% of the Company's then issued and outstanding share capital. The common shares were acquired pursuant to a private placement announced by the Company on February 05, 2018 for a total consideration of Cdn$7,171,145.80.

Who are these guys?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Adolf Lundin died in 2006, aged 73, from leukemia. He and his wife, Eva Wehtje, whom he married in 1957, had four children. His Lundin Group, continued by his sons Lukas Lundin and Ian Lundin. They have invested considerable resources in rebranding the Lundin Group to make it more socially acceptable. They started a philanthropic operation, "Lundin for Africa Foundation", and proclaimed in 2007 to donate $100 million to the Clinton Foundation.[5][2]

• Thinking

j.l

Regular
Yeh, well I made the great mistake in sharing (at the time) what was current information (one year ago, 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, whatever) to give some insight into what was going on for the benefit and peace of mind for quality shareholders congregating here. My bad, I guess,

All of which was well before your valued contribution in recent times and mostly at a time when the days were very dark and troubled.

Yes the information I shared at the time eventually bit me in the ass, however rest assured such information was accurate when it was given, yet within a day or a week or whatever it changed, as such I looked like a peanut.

I hope your insights are more accurate then when I reported on various issues previously, and I hope no one pops up to rub your nose in it should your predictions / information / insights not pan out.

Love you long time Carlos, but if you feel like you need to rub my nose in it, that s fine, I got used to it.

I’m sorry but I cannot help it if Nigel and the AVZ "team" in the DRC have misread the play, been out manoeuvred for the last year by nefarious and corrupt players in the DRC.

Maybe AVZ will soon come up for air to present a TO or JV. (I’m sure you are aware of all this, happy to discuss offline)

So, instead of one liner’s indicating my lack of accuracy, I’d prefer you please send me a pineapple, I’ve grown accustomed to receiving them form various individuals and know just where to put them.

Lots of Love Fox 🦊
Hey Fox, I don't think that was the intent. I for one appreciate people sharing what they have gleaned. Everyone is big enough and scarred (scared?) enough by this stage to interpret accordingly.

Reactions: 18 users

BEISHA

Top 20

Lots of Love Fox 🦊
"Yeh, well I made the great mistake in sharing (at the time) what was current information (one year ago, 9 months ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, whatever) to give some insight into what was going on for the benefit and peace of mind for quality shareholders congregating here. My bad, I guess, "

You are being waaay too harsh on yourself Fox, sharing is caring on this forum mate, right or wrong is not the issue here, if we didnt have you and a number other smart posters here providing us all with some sort of intel , we would ALL be in the dark completely!!

The only entities that deserve a pineappling in this massive fuck up is COM / ZIJIN / DATHOMIR who plotted AVZ downfall back when COVID hit, forcing our BOD to leave the DRC and come back to Australia.

Another pineappling belongs to FT who decided to take his "eye off the ball " regards to the development of the biggest lithium project the world will ever see , instead taking the word of corrupt officials who were on the take!!!

FT knew corruption was bad from the KABILA regime, alot of the DRC officials that were in office then are in office now so why wasnt he closely scrutinising his " colleagues" actions ?

AVZ bod deserve a pineappling too for not advising ASX when red flags occurred behind the scenes with DATHOMIR advising AVZ they were not accepting their offer for their 15% even tho they signed docs and received the cash in the first place !

AVZ bod should also deserve a pineappling when they didnt advise the ASX that COM were doing a dodgy with ZIJIN regards to ROFR........if both of thos bits of information were revealed to market as they should of been, it would of allowed shareholders to reassess their risk profile and avoid getting trapped completely !

That information may of been / is spurious in nature , but it sure was fucking MATERIAL potentially.........and so it turned out to be.......:mad::mad::mad::eek::poop::poop:

Yes, lots of pineappling directed to those participants above......

pineapple.gif

but certainly not to you or anyone else on this forum who have shared information with good intent and benefit to all !

Keep up the SHARING and dont be swayed by past false hopes cause at the EOD, we are still none the wiser despite @9cardomaha recent encouraging findings regards to Zijin .....;)

Only a official ASX announcement from our AVZ bod will convey the TRUTH METRE in the end and i hope it comes real
soon !!

robin hood image.gif

imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Frank

Top 20
Great work.
Corruption does not want to let go though......
Fucking Dathomir 😂
They signed the contract, now honour it Cong !!
*Fyi, I see where

The national business climate barometer gives the DRC a satisfaction score of 37%

The Head of State, Felix Tshisekedi, chaired, this Tuesday, June 6 at the city of the African Union, the ceremony to present the results of the first survey of the National Barometer of the Business Climate (BNCA).

This report shows that the business climate in the DRC is improving. :)

At this stage, the BNCA gives the DRC a satisfaction score of 37%. :(

The survey, which took place from January 24 to March 27, covered 403 companies in 13 sectors of the national economy.

The BNCA recommends, in particular, carrying out reforms on taxation and incidental taxation, legal and judicial security, the political environment, the management of public contracts, the quality of the administration as well as that of infrastructure.

"This work lays bare the scourges that plague and eat away at our economic environment", declared President Félix Tshisekedi, before recalling that "any public official, political or administrative, at whatever level his action takes place, must be aware that 'he is a business climate agent'. (y)

In addition, the Head of State urged everyone to play their part for a clean and attractive business environment in favor of foreign partners. :unsure:

The BNCA, beyond a tool for the overall assessment of the economic ecosystem in the DRC, also wants to be an interface between the President of the Republic and the business world as well as a lever of action for questions and initiatives relating to the improvement of the business climate.

mediacongo

*Anyone else Surprised they achieved a score of 37% :unsure:

A Lot of room for Improvement - Hopefully Sooner rather than Later Felix :rolleyes:

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20
1686101959896.png

1686101867451.png

1686101981944.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

timb89

Regular
LUXEMBOURG, LUXEMBOURG--(Marketwired - Feb 28, 2018) - Zebra Holdings and Investments S.à.r.l. ("Zebra"), a company controlled by a trust settled by the late Adolf H. Lundin, incorporated under the laws of Luxembourg, 40, Boulevard Grande Duchesse Charlotte, L-1330 Luxembourg, announced today that it had acquired directly from Filo Mining Corp. ("Filo" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:FIL)(NASDAQ OMX:FIL) 2,758,133 common shares for Cdn$ 2.60 per common share, representing approximately 4.43% of the Company's then issued and outstanding share capital. The common shares were acquired pursuant to a private placement announced by the Company on February 05, 2018 for a total consideration of Cdn$7,171,145.80.

Who are these guys?

Really good line of questioning. What interest do Zebra Holdings have in sponsoring a talk on Manono?

• Thinking

Dave Evans

Regular
Technical workshop you say?

I hereby propose @MoneyBags1348 to provide our collective “input”…
He moved on to where he feels he can make a difference and doesn’t have to deal with trolls like timb89. Said you’re the chief cock puncher now

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

When will Africa get its first gigantic battery factory?

Africa doesn’t have a supersized battery factory of its own — at least not yet.
blank.gif

The idea of “gigafactories” capable of producing batteries that can store at least 1 billion watt-hours of electricity, or roughly enough to go into 16,000 Tesla Inc. Model 3 electric cars, became popular after Elon Musk used the term for his first sprawling battery facility in Nevada.

Today there are hundreds of battery factories at this scale across Asia, North America and Europe.

China, by far the world leader in battery production, has at least 180 large battery factories.

Emerging economies such as Mexico and Thailand have some big battery plants as well.

So far, however, there are none of significant size in Africa or South America, even though developing countries on both continents are important sources of the metals that are essential for producing electric vehicle batteries.

That could change following an agreement announced last week between Chinese battery manufacturer Gotion High-Tech Co. and the Kingdom of Morocco.

The memorandum of understanding envisions the first factory for EV batteries in Africa, with an annual capacity of 100 gigawatts, backed by an investment of €6 billion ($6.4 billion).

Gotion is one of the world’s 10 largest battery manufacturers and listed on both China’s Shenzhen Stock Exchange and on the Zurich Stock Exchange in Switzerland.

Following this initial step both Gotion and the government aim to sign an investment agreement, according to Mohcine Jazouli, Morocco’s delegate minister in charge of investment and public policies.

The project will contribute to “decarbonization and the deployment of innovative energy solutions,” said Gotion President Li Zhen said in a statement released by Morocco’s investment agency.

The crucial refineries and factories that transform raw lithium, cobalt or manganese into battery components aren’t always located in the countries that produce these energy-transition metals.

The bulk of the supply chain — and the revenue that comes with it — is found mainly in China, South Korea, Japan, Europe and the US.

There are few prospects that the big picture will change in coming years.

No African nations are expected to add any lithium-ion battery manufacturing capacity through 2027, according to the latest report by research firm BloombergNEF that tracks announcements made through October 2022.

Morocco ranks 28th out of 30 countries that BloombergNEF tracks for activity in the lithium battery supply chain.

If completed, the Gotion factory in Morocco would be among the world’s largest.

It would be equivalent to a third of the capacity of the top global battery manufacturer, Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd., and would surpass the current total for installed capacity in the US.

Projects such as Gotion’s could help attract investment in clean technologies in Africa, which ranks last as a destination for green investment.

Processing battery materials close to the source could help lower supply-chain emissions, according to a BloombergNEF report that looked at the cobalt value chain in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

A plant to process raw cobalt into cathode precursors that could then be integrated into batteries would cost $39 million in the DRC — a fraction of the cost in the US — while cutting 30% of emissions associated with production.

Tsingshan to invest in 50,000 t/y lithium project in Zhejiang province

China’s Tsingshan Group said on Tuesday its unit Zhejiang Dinson Holding will invest in a 50,000 tonnes per year lithium carbonate project in eastern China’s Zhejiang province.
blank.gif

Dinson Holding has signed a cooperation agreement with Dongtou district under Wenzhou city, where the world’s top nickel and stainless steel producer is headquartered, according to a post on Tsingshan’s official wechat account.

China, with an output of 395,000 tonnes of lithium carbonate in 2022, is the world’s top smelter of the metal chiefly used in new energy vehicles and the energy storage sectors.

Tsingshan-owned Yongqing Technology and new energy companies including GEM and Zhejiang Weiming Environment Protection, invested 8 billion yuan ($1.12 billion)in Dongtou to build up a battery material industry park, according to a notice by Wenzhou government in March.

Tsingshan also has access to lithium resources via its investment in Zimbabwe.

China’s EV battery sector is preparing a new breakthrough

One of China’s top battery-makers reckons it has cracked a technology to provide even cheaper and more powerful packs for electric vehicles.
blank.gif

Gotion High-Tech Co. recently unveiled a lithium-iron-manganese-phosphate battery — LMFP for short — which it says will power an EV for 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) on each charge. Until now, it’s largely the more expensive nickel-cobalt batteries have provided that kind of range.

“It’s an upgrade, it’s a leap for energy density,” Cheng Qian, executive president of Gotion’s international business unit, said in a phone interview from Tokyo.

Gotion has been ramping up overseas expansions, from planning a battery plant in Michigan state to raising a global depositary receipts offering in Switzerland last year.

The company was the world’s 8th-largest battery manufacturer last year, according to SNE Research.

Astroinno joins some other significant battery innovations by Chinese companies in recent years. In 2020, BYD launched its Blade battery — an LFP unit with sleeker shape and improved energy density.

Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. is developing what it calls a condensed-state battery.

Among advantages will be an ability for fast charging that could take just shade more than a quarter of an hour, according to Gotion’s Cheng.

“You can have a cup of coffee and rest at the charging station, and the battery will be charged from 10% to 80% within 18 minutes using the step charging,” he said.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank 🤞 🙏 🤞

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

timb89

Regular
He moved on to where he feels he can make a difference and doesn’t have to deal with trolls like timb89. Said you’re the chief cock puncher now

Sorry Dave, are you mistaking me with someone else? If not, what are my comments that would suggest I am a troll?

Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Thaz

Regular
I've been out of the loop due to work, a 14 month old and a few extra curricular activities keeping me occupied.

But. It seems like we're heading for greener pastures right now ?

Did I hear to for $15? Premium of $3 for our pain and suffering??

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Would the kind person who told us how to get rid of the discord spam posts on Twitter when filtering for $AVZ, kindly tell me again; I've lost that search function:eek::eek:

sorry, off topic

I have nothing to declare at the moment, except I'm drinking the last of a dozen 2018 Devils Staircase Pinot Noir, Central Otago, NZ

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Remark

Top 20
Would the kind person who told us how to get rid of the discord spam posts onTwitter when filtering for $AVZ, kindly tell me again; I've lost that search function:eek::eek:

sorry, off topic

I have nothing to declare at the moment, except I'm drinking the last of a dozen 2018 Devils Staircase Pinot Noir, Central Otago, NZ
$avz -url:discord.com

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Azzler

Top 20
Would the kind person who told us how to get rid of the discord spam posts on Twitter when filtering for $AVZ, kindly tell me again; I've lost that search function:eek::eek:

sorry, off topic

add -url:discord.gg to the end of your search.

I have a question for someone, how do I get twitter to search $AVZ as well as #AvzMinerals ?
Like one or the other or both.
I try '$AVZ OR #Avzminerals' but it only finds the first one.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
confirmation Zijin out!

sorry if already posted, re the bird...

View attachment 37919
so it's back to AVZ, Dathomir and Comminiere

And then we have the actions against Dathomir (Cong)

To remind......in the great words of @Frank

Logo

AVZ Minerals launches legal action to affirm interest in Manono

Mining Review Africa
ByMining Review Africa
Dec 8, 2022
www.123rf.com
AVZ Minerals advises that, with or through its wholly owned subsidiary AVZ International (AVZI), on 1 December 2022 it has filed the first of two International Chamber of Commerce arbitrations against Dathomir Mining Resources SARL and expects to file the second arbitration shortly.
The purpose of the Dathomir Arbitrations is to seek a declaration affirming AVZI’s legal title to the 15% stake in the Manono Project acquired under the validly executed and completed sale and purchase agreements with Dathomir, there being two such agreements pursuant to which AVZI acquired 10% and 5% stakes, respectively, in Dathcom Mining SA.
Background to the Dathomir Arbitrations

In 2019 and 2020, AVZ, AVZI and Dathomir entered two separate binding contracts for Dathomir’s sale and AVZI’s purchase of 15% of the shares in Dathcom, the company through which the Manono Lithium and Tin Project is held. By letter dated 14 May 2021, Dathomir claimed to terminate the Dathomir SPAs.
RELATED:
AVZ Minerals cooperates with DRC government authorities: IGF Report
AVZ Minerals confirms further high lithium results in the DRC

The letter did not cite any valid ground, nor did it have the effect of terminating either of the Dathomir SPAs.
AVZI duly completed each of the Dathomir SPAs in August 2021, including payment within the required time, and thereby legally acquired a further 15% interest in Dathcom.
Dathomir has since maintained its claims to have terminated the Dathomir SPAs and denied the validity of AVZI’s acquisitions under them.

Manifestations of this include the DRC Tribunal Decisions referred to in the Company’s announcements of 4 May 2022, 9 September 2022, and 20 October 2022. However, as both Dathomir SPAs contain, and are subject to arbitration agreements, only a properly constituted arbitral tribunal has jurisdiction to rule on Dathomir’s claims. Prior to 1 December 2022, Dathomir had not commenced any such arbitration proceedings.

AVZ and AVZI have brought the First Dathomir Arbitration, and will bring the Second Dathomir Arbitration, to affirm AVZI’s acquisition in August 2021 of the aforesaid 15% interest in Dathcom, to put an end, once and for all, to Dathomir’s claims and to recover losses sustained from them.
Background to Cominière’s 25% interest in the Manono Project
La Congolaise d’Exploitation Minière holds 25% of the share capital of Dathcom. The shareholders of Dathcom, are parties to a joint venture agreement dated 27 January 2017 and its subsequent amendments and, as such, benefit from a right of first refusal on proposed transfers of shares in Dathcom to third parties.
Under the laws of the DRC, a transfer of shares made in violation of a right of first refusal of this kind is null and void.
Cominière has purported to transfer shares in Dathcom to a third party in breach of AVZI’s right of first refusal, which is the subject of the Jin Cheng ICC Arbitration Proceedings previously addressed in the company’s announcements of 11 May 2022, 17 June 2022, 9 September 2022, and 20 October 2022.
The company will seek to annul any purported third-party transfer by Cominière which contravene AVZI’s right of first refusal.
AVZ’s 75% interest in the Manono Project
AVZ confirms that it retains legal title to a 75% interest in the Manono Project and pre-emptive rights over 15% out of Cominière’s 25% interest in the Project. The company considers it has strong prospects of success in the Dathomir Arbitrations and Jin Cheng ICC Arbitration Proceedings and will vigorously pursue its claims to vindication.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom