AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
@aon

You removed your post regarding Zijin being out

Was there an issue with the document you posted or it's validity?

Just wondering as I had responded

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

bloke383

Regular
@aon

The document was originally posted here last night by 9cardomaha

Reactions: 12 users

whales

Regular
so it's back to AVZ, Dathomir and Comminiere

And then we have the actions against Dathomir (Cong)

To remind......in the great words of @Frank

Logo

AVZ Minerals launches legal action to affirm interest in Manono

Mining Review Africa
ByMining Review Africa
Dec 8, 2022
www.123rf.com
AVZ Minerals advises that, with or through its wholly owned subsidiary AVZ International (AVZI), on 1 December 2022 it has filed the first of two International Chamber of Commerce arbitrations against Dathomir Mining Resources SARL and expects to file the second arbitration shortly.
The purpose of the Dathomir Arbitrations is to seek a declaration affirming AVZI’s legal title to the 15% stake in the Manono Project acquired under the validly executed and completed sale and purchase agreements with Dathomir, there being two such agreements pursuant to which AVZI acquired 10% and 5% stakes, respectively, in Dathcom Mining SA.
Background to the Dathomir Arbitrations

In 2019 and 2020, AVZ, AVZI and Dathomir entered two separate binding contracts for Dathomir’s sale and AVZI’s purchase of 15% of the shares in Dathcom, the company through which the Manono Lithium and Tin Project is held. By letter dated 14 May 2021, Dathomir claimed to terminate the Dathomir SPAs.
RELATED:
AVZ Minerals cooperates with DRC government authorities: IGF Report
AVZ Minerals confirms further high lithium results in the DRC

The letter did not cite any valid ground, nor did it have the effect of terminating either of the Dathomir SPAs.
AVZI duly completed each of the Dathomir SPAs in August 2021, including payment within the required time, and thereby legally acquired a further 15% interest in Dathcom.
Dathomir has since maintained its claims to have terminated the Dathomir SPAs and denied the validity of AVZI’s acquisitions under them.

Manifestations of this include the DRC Tribunal Decisions referred to in the Company’s announcements of 4 May 2022, 9 September 2022, and 20 October 2022. However, as both Dathomir SPAs contain, and are subject to arbitration agreements, only a properly constituted arbitral tribunal has jurisdiction to rule on Dathomir’s claims. Prior to 1 December 2022, Dathomir had not commenced any such arbitration proceedings.

AVZ and AVZI have brought the First Dathomir Arbitration, and will bring the Second Dathomir Arbitration, to affirm AVZI’s acquisition in August 2021 of the aforesaid 15% interest in Dathcom, to put an end, once and for all, to Dathomir’s claims and to recover losses sustained from them.
Background to Cominière’s 25% interest in the Manono Project
La Congolaise d’Exploitation Minière holds 25% of the share capital of Dathcom. The shareholders of Dathcom, are parties to a joint venture agreement dated 27 January 2017 and its subsequent amendments and, as such, benefit from a right of first refusal on proposed transfers of shares in Dathcom to third parties.
Under the laws of the DRC, a transfer of shares made in violation of a right of first refusal of this kind is null and void.
Cominière has purported to transfer shares in Dathcom to a third party in breach of AVZI’s right of first refusal, which is the subject of the Jin Cheng ICC Arbitration Proceedings previously addressed in the company’s announcements of 11 May 2022, 17 June 2022, 9 September 2022, and 20 October 2022.
The company will seek to annul any purported third-party transfer by Cominière which contravene AVZI’s right of first refusal.
AVZ’s 75% interest in the Manono Project
AVZ confirms that it retains legal title to a 75% interest in the Manono Project and pre-emptive rights over 15% out of Cominière’s 25% interest in the Project. The company considers it has strong prospects of success in the Dathomir Arbitrations and Jin Cheng ICC Arbitration Proceedings and will vigorously pursue its claims to vindication.
If Zijin is out and does not hold the 15% of Dathcom .
You would assume that an ASX announcement would happen as this directly affects the ICC arbitration between AVZ and Zijin?? regarding first right of refusal.

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
You would assume that an ASX announcement would happen as this directly affects the ICC arbitration between AVZ and Zijin?? regarding first right of refusal.
Agreed

I would have expected some sort of announcement from management

But then they've never been really good at that have they...:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
The document was originally posted here last night by 9cardomaha
Thanks for that.....sorry if I was going over old news and rehashing stuff

Cheers

Reactions: 3 users

LX600

Regular
For those expecting announcement regarding Zijin out. I don’t think there will be announcement of this. There were no announcement saying Zijin was in. No point to report they are out now

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users

aon

Regular
@aon

nah mate, all good no prob, just logged on, posted it not realising it had already been posted, (nxt time I'll do my catch-up read of the thread first) nothing more.

Reactions: 13 users

cruiser51

Top 20
AVZ would be silly to comment on a case before court.

Unless Zijin/Jin Cheng withdraw their claims, informs the court and AVZ officially, the case is ongoing.

I would not rely on a piece of paper coming out of any office in the DRC, unless it is handed over via appropriate official channels from the appropriate official DRC Government ministry.

Expecting the BoD of AVZ to jump at every shadow which pops up on social media is unrealistic.

So at this very moment you are better off keeping the whales in your aquarium for the time being.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Frank

Top 20

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Remark

Top 20
An interesting look at the Ford F150 Lightning EV

Reactions: 4 users

mooorning

Emerged
long time lurker.
Not sure if its discussed, I was playing around with http://drclicences.cami.cd/ and found that you can actually query the database through rest services like below.
https://services.arcgis.com/X3EAXoc...HRu9G3PuApF0wsCHo_woMfaq1qIZTgBP7ZnIOLkdPfkaA..

It does give you some extra information/columns that is not avaiable on the portal. Hope its useful to someone.

image.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 42 users

obe wan

Regular
Nice work; Dathcom still 100% , despite the mannequin dressing and window display

Reactions: 22 users

cruiser51

Top 20
An interesting look at the Ford F150 Lightning EV

Look at range and tow test.
For Australia and its intended use, the car is not practical.

Better to wait for a newer generation battery and Australia catching up with infrastructure.
Don't forget the energy pumped into cars at this stage via the bowser, will have to come in future for a reasonable large part from the electrical grid.
Which is ok for a few cars, but not for all cars. Just a minor observation.
But we will have to start somewhere.
Probably buy a 5 acre paddock and install a solar, or wind farm, with a huge battery, coz during the night the sun doesn't shine.

webclever

Interesting the field Comments: here is English translation of it.

Ofr Notification AM 00032/CAB.MIN/MINES/01/2023 of January 28, 2023 Cfr Notification AM 00031/CAB.MIN/MINES/01/2023 of January 28, 2023 SHP reconfiguration. ADSY 03/22/2023

timb89

Regular
Interesting the field Comments: here is English translation of it.

Ofr Notification AM 00032/CAB.MIN/MINES/01/2023 of January 28, 2023 Cfr Notification AM 00031/CAB.MIN/MINES/01/2023 of January 28, 2023 SHP reconfiguration. ADSY 03/22/2023

Can you elaborate what is interesting about this?

Reactions: 3 users

Goat

Regular

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Nice work; Dathcom still 100% , despite the mannequin dressing and window display
So what does that mean in the overall scheme of things :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Dopi

So what does that mean in the overall scheme of things :unsure:
I would say nobody knows and it is getting impossible to second-guess anything :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

hedrox

Regular
I think its only for the northern part.....

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 21.35.36.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Miljew91

Regular
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom