AVZ Discussion 2022

Dijon101

Regular
I've just got to believe it's a coordinated attack on avz just when they are on the cusp of the mining licence.

The timing of the rumours being made public, the media, and trolls being unleashed.... well, make your own conclusions.

Is this a case of sell the rumours, buy the news 🤔???

Just another day before we get official word.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20

CATL delivers first LFP cells to Tesla Giga Shanghai​

www.electrive.com/2022/01/08/catl-delivers-first-lfp-cells-to-tesla-giga-shanghai/

Tesla's LFP Batteries - An Important Development in Battery Technology​

Have you purchased the Model 3 standard range with the new LFP batteries? There's an interview with Sandy Munro about Tesla's LFP batteries.

Are these batteries important and will they compete with the 4680 batteries? What are the specs for the base Model 3? let's find out!

Uses of the LFP Battery

Could you make a Model S Plaid with LFP?

Sandy says you would be foolish to go with LFP batteries for the Plaid. They are not the right fit for a high octane performance vehicle. They just won't give you the speed and performance that the lithium-ion batteries can give you. The Plaid is all about "oomph" - speed and performance. Not lifetime of the battery or range - though the Plaid does have a lot of range.

You can charge the LFP batteries to 100% - why is that?

You can take your standard batteries and charge them to 100% it will just take a while. With LFP, it takes less time to bring them to 100% charge. If you are looking at a speed limit, you may get there sooner with an LFP. But if you want to accelerate and move fast, LFP may not be what you want.

Tesla has made LFP batteries in China and not the U.S. Why is that?

The Chinese generally like to go less fast than Americans, that is one reason. There are also a lot of separate manufacturing facilities in China with LFP batteries and they are generally safer, which the Chinese government likes. They locally source the batteries and materials, which makes it easy and inexpensive as well.

www.torquenews.com/14335/teslas-lfp-batteries-important-development-battery-technology

This Key Characteristic Allows Tesla To Use LFP Batteries

Other manufacturers might struggle to make such a switch, without doing some homework.

We know that Tesla offers one of the longest-range and most energy efficient electric cars in the world (see a comparison for the U.S. market as of September 2021 here).

The company is quickly expanding its production and sales, while its products are continuously evolving.

Last month, Tesla officially announced the switch of all standard range (entry-level) versions of its cars to the Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) battery chemistry globally.

You can see an LFP battery used in a Tesla Model 3, presented by Munro Live's Sandy Munro, who visited Our Next Energy here.

The LFP batteries are less expensive than some of the other lithium-ion chemistries, like NCA and NCM, does not use cobalt, offers high-cycle life, fast charging and very good safety.

The main disadvantage is lower energy density.

And here is an interesting thing, pointed out by ARK Invest via Sawyer Merritt, that Tesla - through its focus on energy efficiency - is uniquely positioned to be able to widely adapt and profit from the LFP batteries.

"We believe that Tesla’s positioned uniquely for LFP chemistry because of its industry-leading drivetrain efficiency. Superior efficiency suggests that,unlike its competition, Tesla will offer acceptable range at lower prices with LFP batteries."

Tesla can simply use a lower-energy dense battery chemistry in standard range cars, and still provide a decent range, north of 250 miles (402 km).

CATLTesla.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

CashKing

Regular
I've just got to believe it's a coordinated attack on avz just when they are on the cusp of the mining licence.

The timing of the rumours being made public, the media, and trolls being unleashed.... well, make your own conclusions.

Is this a case of sell the rumours, buy the news 🤔???

Just another day before we get official word.
Seems that way, timing was impeccable…

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
Anyone remember that post on the Crapper a while back (I think it was a tweet) regarding AVZ’s lawyer travelling with Felix Tshisekedi?
I think it was to the states but could be wrong...
Around the time of the battery council or just before from memory.
Anyway obviously at the time there was speculation that something noteworthy may have been discussed. :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20

And another interesting article:​

CONGOVOX

Truth, Objectivity and Impartiality

BREAKING NEWS

1 day ago Another sell-off contract: Minister Adèle Kayinda and Minister of Mines Antoinette N'Samba must immediately resign

Mrs. the Minister of State in charge of the Portfolio, Adèle Kayinda, and Mrs. the Minister of Mines, Antoinette N'Samba

Another sell-off contract: Minister Adèle Kayinda and Minister of Mines Antoinette N'Samba must immediately resign​

May 7, 2022 / 0 Comments
How can such enormous wealth, worth several billion dollars, be given to a company that is only worth 10 million dollars ? We can't be that stupid. The two ladies ministers must immediately resign for having signed such nonsense. 
AJN Resources Inc.

Do they have a firm that has researched the small company AJN Resources Inc. to figure out that this tiny company is marketed as a micro-stock (penny stock is less than $1) ? It is the equivalent of the old 10 sengi in DR Congo. 

Aren't there any smart women in this country who at least understand how the world of international finance works ? Either they are incompetent idiots or they also want to get rich quickly by selling off, like Joseph Kabila, lithium ores, the white gold of the future. 

Therefore, if these two ladies do not resign on their own, otherwise the president must force them to leave. The press release below from the civil society collective gives many more details on the famous round table.

COLLECTIVE OF CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS WHICH PARTICIPATED IN THE ROUND TABLE ORGANIZED BY THE PRESIDENCY OF THE REPUBLIC ON THE AGREEMENT SIGNED BETWEEN THE DRC AND THE VENTORA GROUP OF THE ECONOMIC OPERATOR DAN GERTLER.

PRESS RELEASE NUMBER 01/05/2022.

Organizations and platforms of Congolese Civil Society, having participated in the Round Table with the Presidency of the Republic on the Agreement with the Ventora group and other organizations, learned with dismay and annoyance of the signing yesterday of a contract Léonin by the Ministers of Mines and Portfolio selling by mutual agreement to an unknown in the mining sector, the Canadian company AJN Resources belonging to the European citizen Klaus Peter ECKHOF, certain mining assets that the Presidency of the Republic recovered from Ventora de Dan Gertler (the gold mining site of Moku in the Haut-Uélé Province), the gold deposits of Sokimo and Ituri and Bas-Uélé including those of Zani and Gada as well as the lithium mining site of Manono which must belong to australian AVZ.

This contract signed yesterday May 05, 2022 by the Minister of State in charge of the Portfolio, Adèle Kayinda, and the Minister of Mines, Antoinette N'Samba systematically violates the revised Mining Code of 2018 by not
respecting the procedure of invitation to tender, before the signature as well as the legal duration of mining research by a company.

It is in contradiction with the vision and the will of the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi for the improvement of governance and the fight against corruption in natural resources repeatedly expressed publicly. It is a kind of sabotage of the policy of the Head of State by certain members of the government as we see in the Dossier Gécamines contre TFM.

The civil society organizations members of the Collective and others see in this contract a systematic predation of a good part of the gold and lithium mines in a deal that the company having participated in the Round Table on the Agreement with Ventora and to which the
experts of the Presidency of the Republic had the will of the Head of State to henceforth consult Civil Society before, during and after the signing of contracts in natural resources.

The signatories of this press release recall that in 2020, the ''TOUS POUR LA RDC'' coalition and the elected officials of Haut-Uélé and Ituri had prevented the signing of this sell-off contract under the Ilunga
Ilukamba government by providing elements to the President of the Republic which had divested the government of the said file.

The member organizations of the Collective and other signatory organizations of this press release patriotically ask the President of the
Republic and Head of State, sole guarantor of the interests of the Congolese people, to block the implementation of this contract concluded with the unknown Canadian AJN Resources because it contradicts all its efforts for good governance in the mining sector and promises of transparency made by its Deputy Chief of Staff, André Wameso,
during the Round Table on the agreement concluded with the Ventora group.

The organizations and platforms that signed the Declaration of April 15, 2022 and other civil society organizations will send a detailed memorandum next week to the President of the Republic and the
Prime Minister on this contract, which they disapprove of.

They recall that a stock market share of AJN Resources in Toronto was worth 0.32 Canadian dollars this morning, those of its competitors in gold and lithium in the DRC
are worth much more (that of Barrick Gold is worth 22.56 Canadian dollars and AU$0.78 for one AVZ share ).

Done in Kinshasa-Kolwezi-Lubumbashi, May 06, 2022.
THE SIGNATORY ORGANIZATIONS AND PLATFORMS
CASMIA, CONSULTATION FRAMEWORK OF THE LUALABA SOCIETY,
CERN-CENCO, Espoir ONGD, LICOCO, ODEP, POM, RECIC, RND, TPAMC,
TPRDC, BLESSED CARBON.
Media contacts:
- Carbone BENI: +243 840 701 135
- Ernest MPARARO: +243 816 049 837
- Henri MUHIYA: +243 810 526 141
- Jean-Michel MVONDO: +243 998 163 772

• Wow
funny this is worded exactly as the article.....Z knows they've done a backdoor dodgey (probably paying off the court as well as Cominiere officials) and they're just hoping to get away with it like they have been use to.....but there's a new sheriff in town boys
Assuming that Z has paid what’s been reported for the 15% then that sale is far less than true market value. That means a) the sale was never in the DRC’s broader interests, and b) could only have occurred as a result of incompetence and/or inappropriate dealings by the parties involved.

Those saying that this is an acid test for TF are dead right imo.

Gasma

Emerged
Hi ALL

Its been a hell of a head fuck of late, bearish MACRO, conspiracy theories about ownership of MANONO , right on the cusp of ML dropping and then the massive influx of trolls at HC, thru all of that, I think the FA posts here have been amazing, so many smart dudes here now, reminds me of the old AVZ threads at HC before management decided to forego quality for insidious troll click bait .

That said, i would just like to back up @oxxa23 comments about keeping the language / smut in check owing to the fact that we more than likely have some female posters viewing and posting on TSE, we certainly dont want to put off new members by inadvertently offending them!!

I like a good laugh , love a good gif amongst quality FA, like to swear too , so i am no angel and certainly not the thread police either, so if we can avoid the word c..t, which is pretty full on word and avoid " deep throat " and other female connotations then it just makes the forum even more impressive and respectful and lays the foundations for more quality posters to enter TSE in the future

I would like to formally WELCOME the new members COSTI, IMBALLSDEEP, DISCO DANZ, OXXA, YEOWIEPOWER, ASSMAN, LX600,LLELEP, INVESTINVEST, THE FOX , apologies if i have missed a few.

I will finish this post by saying that i have FULL TRUST in management of AVZ, which is very rare for me to say, cause TRUST is earnt, I will only take notice of the formal announcements regards to this "conspiracy theory "split of holdings , the rest is NOISE until confirmed other wise, should in fact ZIJIN Mining have a case, then i expect / hope that AVZ has the balls to tell CATH to fuck off and get a US / EUROPEAN partner to replace................. which was my desire from the getko!!

In other words..........................🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕.........UUUUUUUUUU

CHINA STATE GOVT!!!

View attachment 6051

View attachment 6052
imo
I think the finger has connotations....your rules

Talking about Zijin's TO of Neo Lithium in Canada....idk how the fuck any country allows a non-ally state owned company to take over assets. The chinese are buying farms all around the world too, including here and America. I hope Felix sends them packing out of the country tbh

View attachment 6050
Exactly mate, you can't go to China and buy a farm can you??

Reactions: 6 users

BRICK

Regular
things I’d like to see on the careers page of avz:

Construction managers wanted
Project managers

(Must have experience working on large project)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
things I’d like to see on the careers page of avz:

Construction managers wanted
Project managers

(Must have experience working on large project)
Apparently there are/were some HR roles going recently.

Reactions: 3 users

CHB

Regular
I'm guessing no one here is attending 121 africa?

Wonder if there's a way we can view the presentation later today

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bray

Regular
In case ya didn't get to watch this on 4corners. Interesting video

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Would love to see a 4 Corners Piece on this process down the track. Hopefully they would research social media influence and flush out some of these scumbags. (Stickofshit at top of the list)

• Haha

Elmitso

I'm guessing no one here is attending 121 africa? Wonder if there's a way we can view the presentation later today

According to the website, Nigel will be speaking at 10:40am ZA time, so we're looking at 6:40pm AEST.

Misfits

Regular
I am hoping for a couple day suspension. Get a clear picture upon re open with a couple of significant announcements. But it would also clear the buy-sell sides and make shorters think twice about placing orders, hopefully.

BEISHA

Top 20
Agree with your sentiments there BEISHA, but had a bit of a chuckle after you suggested to tidy it up for any female viewers, and the you went on to welcome IMBALLSDEEP And ASSMAN 😂
Lol, lol,lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I am hoping for a couple day suspension. Get a clear picture upon re open with a couple of significant announcements. But it would also clear the buy-sell sides and make shorters think twice about placing orders, hopefully.
Breaking my promise not to post until we get news, but I also would be delighted to see suspension, even for a few weeks, to completely resolve any issues around ownership. Roll out the announcements about everything else but stay in suspension until clarity out of DRC.

Why?

#kill the shorts
#squeeze my lemon until the juice runs down my leg (Led Zeppelin, The lemon song)

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

obe wan

Regular
Hi ALL

Its been a hell of a head fuck of late, bearish MACRO, conspiracy theories about ownership of MANONO , right on the cusp of ML dropping and then the massive influx of trolls at HC, thru all of that, I think the FA posts here have been amazing, so many smart dudes here now, reminds me of the old AVZ threads at HC before management decided to forego quality for insidious troll click bait .

That said, i would just like to back up @oxxa23 comments about keeping the language / smut in check owing to the fact that we more than likely have some female posters viewing and posting on TSE, we certainly dont want to put off new members by inadvertently offending them!!

I like a good laugh , love a good gif amongst quality FA, like to swear too , so i am no angel and certainly not the thread police either, so if we can avoid the word c..t, which is pretty full on word and avoid " deep throat " and other female connotations then it just makes the forum even more impressive and respectful and lays the foundations for more quality posters to enter TSE in the future

I would like to formally WELCOME the new members COSTI, IMBALLSDEEP, DISCO DANZ, OXXA, YEOWIEPOWER, ASSMAN, LX600,LLELEP, INVESTINVEST, THE FOX , apologies if i have missed a few.

I will finish this post by saying that i have FULL TRUST in management of AVZ, which is very rare for me to say, cause TRUST is earnt, I will only take notice of the formal announcements regards to this "conspiracy theory "split of holdings , the rest is NOISE until confirmed other wise, should in fact ZIJIN Mining have a case, then i expect / hope that AVZ has the balls to tell CATH to fuck off and get a US / EUROPEAN partner to replace................. which was my desire from the getko!!

In other words..........................🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕.........UUUUUUUUUU

CHINA STATE GOVT!!!

View attachment 6051

View attachment 6052
imo
what about this guy BEISHA

1652140352153.png

Attachments

• 1652140276540.png
    1652140276540.png
    87 KB · Views: 59
  • Haha