AVZ Discussion 2022

BRICK

Regular
Or sold out and smiling🤷‍♂️😜
Nope. Not selling anything until this bitch Is at least 8 times it’s current price.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Tunedin

One Happy Camper
well we need the CATH $240m, BFS, and FID first, in the mean time early works continue and "AVZI is in advanced discussions with the DRC Government regarding the purchase of Cominiere’s remaining 15% interest in Dathcom exercising AVZI’s rights under terms of the existing Dathcom Shareholder Agreement", so one would assume by the time we have $240m, BFS and FID we will also have a deal done on the extra 15%, and that'll be the last time we hear of it.

I'm not sure if we are going to hold back "major works", lawfully we still have the right to it, and management are refusing to acknowledge that any dodgey attempted 15% transfer to other parties is legal. It'd be like me trying to sell your land title to another party and the said party comes knocking on your door claiming rights to your land, you're not even going to entertain their argument.

happy to hear other opinions, but basically legally no transfer is valid without AVZ's consent (just as your house can't be sold without your consent), that's all there is to it and we have the DRC gov on our side
I agree with all of this.
This current state of affairs certainly didn’t stop the Minister of Mines put pen to paper in an offical decree to grant the ML to Dathcom of which AVZ clearly holds 75% free and clear. I think many people were confused by the diatribe of negative talk last couple of days via Twitter And on HC.

Some people reporting today that AVZ only have a 36% interest (after the 24% to CATH) after assuming AVZ didn’t have legal title of the 15% from Dathomir secured last year. A LOT of liberty was taken today in the extrapolation of information from this mornings Ann. The back ground of all parties presents an unusually complex Project with multiple interest holders, each with a different company name. What’s important is that the Mining Minister recognises and therefore the DRC government recognises AVZI as having 75% interest free and clear. They would be (and I take this from todays Ann) in light of the good will AVZ has with power in the DRC government will eventually lead to that 15% being ratified in a way that works for all parties.

This process will run parallel to the ongoing development of the Manono projects financing and build IMO, regardless of it going through the DRC courts or more likely via DRC government mediation.

it’s not that the market was spooked today, it’s more like they were duped by a distortion of facts. It just goes to show the power of rumour, something the market loves. Nothing like a good rumour to create panic and downward movement supported by trading houses. A lot of people got shafted today.

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

llhtom

Regular
I think some people missed the big dump today. :/
IMG-20220504-WA0016.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bloke383

Regular
Well karma isn't a thing apparently . What a train wreck of a day . After what was brought to light today , anybody who still thinks AVZ holding just 51% of the project is enough for us to control the project well into the future is sadly mistaken .
On the bright side , management putting up a fight for the extra % ownership is a good sign (unlike management of another company I owned who simply rolled over) . It is imperative if we can reach the 66 % ownership that we hold onto all of it
From the announcement where it states that
"the Company will consider all options including engaging with the DRC Government" ... I'm hoping Felix T is taking it upon himself to help sort this mess out . He along with most of his government are trying to change how the DRC is seen by the rest of the world , & is trying to attract new investment & companies into his country . Having AVZ shafted in any way at all won't be a good look for him or his govt .

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Well karma isn't a thing apparently . What a train wreck of a day . After what was brought to light today , anybody who still thinks AVZ holding just 51% of the project is enough for us to control the project well into the future is sadly mistaken .
On the bright side , management putting up a fight for the extra % ownership is a good sign (unlike management of another company I owned who simply rolled over) . It is imperative if we can reach the 66 % ownership that we hold onto all of it
From the announcement where it states that
"the Company will consider all options including engaging with the DRC Government" ... I'm hoping Felix T is taking it upon himself to help sort this mess out . He along with most of his government are trying to change how the DRC is seen by the rest of the world , & is trying to attract new investment & companies into his country . Having AVZ shafted in any way at all won't be a good look for him or his govt .
I don't know ....51% is control

Not sure how it isn't

Reactions: 7 users
I agree with all of this.
This current state of affairs certainly didn’t stop the Minister of Mines put pen to paper in an offical decree to grant the ML to Dathcom of which AVZ clearly holds 75% free and clear. I think many people were confused by the diatribe of negative talk last couple of days via Twitter And on HC.

Some people reporting today that AVZ only have a 36% interest (after the 24% to CATH) after assuming AVZ didn’t have legal title of the 15% from Dathomir secured last year. A LOT of liberty was taken today in the extrapolation of information from this mornings Ann. The back ground of all parties presents an unusually complex Project with multiple interest holders, each with a different company name. What’s important is that the Mining Minister recognises and therefore the DRC government recognises AVZI as having 75% interest free and clear. They would be (and I take this from todays Ann) in light of the good will AVZ has with power in the DRC government will eventually lead to that 15% being ratified in a way that works for all parties.

This process will run parallel to the ongoing development of the Manono projects financing and build IMO, regardless of it going through the DRC courts or more likely via DRC government mediation.

it’s not that the market was spooked today, it’s more like they were duped by a distortion of facts. It just goes to show the power of rumour, something the market loves. Nothing like a good rumour to create panic and downward movement supported by trading houses. A lot of people got shafted today.
Massive reaction I agree, we have stated on numerous occasions we have 75% legally done, nothing to complain about. We'll have 51% post CATH, yep cool fine with that. We have been in discussions for extra 15%, which if it happens will be awesome. Note I don't think this was mentioned when they announced CATH deal, so I think a lot of people interrupted it wrongly as they do not understand. 66% would be bonus for sure and it should be ours. Maybe taking an entity to court over it is a bad taste? I just think over reaction.

Honestly I'd be happy with 51% for Roche to get us up and running. Let the 49%, well 39% minus DRC free carry, pay for establishment of everything. The other two areas could well be Roche plus! This is ours at 100%. I am super keen to see a drill rig out there to unleash the full potential.

Think even longer term, what if avz just does 4.5mtpa at Roche only! And then say starts up 10mtpa on our other two 100% owned areas? Use the infrastructure already build and paid for by the other mobs and their 39% interest, thanks very much!

Clever right? 😉

Last edited:

Winenut

Go AVZ!
BTW I know it's sacreligious but I am having a bit of fun on the Crapper tonight

Nothing more than holding the line in the face of a fair amount of crazy cats but like I said....just holding the line

Not out there attacking.....don't have to

Those dudes coming out of nowhere are all shooting themselves in the foot

I have no idea why they would do that and time will prove me right....... but that's public forums and the stock market for ya'

Too much fun!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Seems like AVZ, NF and the BoD’s are actually in a bit of a mess with the whole deal. Let us 🙏 that These guys can prevail, or we are all fucked, not going to retire and back to work in our twilight years. The AVZ roller coaster 🎢 continues, no change there.

Just when we thought we had reached the pinnacle of ML, CATH funds, BFS etc, we get hit with legal issues, that have been pestering us in the bird for a few weeks, months, “this is all sorted and utter rubbish” - no it is not sorted. Far out. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤞

unbelievable…. SDL reminds
Think longer term George, I think (hope) we'll be alright 👍

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Seems like AVZ, NF and the BoD’s are actually in a bit of a mess with the whole deal. Let us 🙏 that These guys can prevail, or we are all fucked, not going to retire and back to work in our twilight years. The AVZ roller coaster 🎢 continues, no change there.

Just when we thought we had reached the pinnacle of ML, CATH funds, BFS etc, we get hit with legal issues, that have been pestering us in the bird for a few weeks, months, “this is all sorted and utter rubbish” - no it is not sorted. Far out. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤞

unbelievable…. SDL reminds
I'm gonna pray with you George

I'm feeling it

Praise the Lord

1651663755179.gif

• Haha
  • Love

Winenut

Go AVZ!
BTW I know it's sacreligious but I am having a bit of fun on the Crapper tonight

Nothing more than holding the line in the face of a fair amount of crazy cats but like I said....just holding the line

Not out there attacking.....don't have to

Those dudes coming out of nowhere are all shooting themselves in the foot

I have no idea why they would do that and time will prove me right....... but that's public forums and the stock market for ya'

Too much fun!
For the record @ohreally seems to be doing the heavy lifting over there :ROFLMAO:

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi All

Well, what can i say , today was just crazy, i guess the only positive for me was that half my holdings got tapped at 89 and i was able to then pick them up for 80, so i mitigated the carnage somewhat, i had a good think about todays trading in general, cause I was just stunned as you guys by the manipulation, even by ASX standards, that was a fucking doozy.

As i mentioned earlier today, AVZ wasnt the only wrecking ball, almost ALL lithium players got hammered big time, 15 - 20% overall, so it was an orchestrated sector write off, now, as horny as todays announcement was regarding the ML, it wasnt a " official signing of the ML, just a precursor, so in my mind, Mr Market was initially impressed 99 - 1.18, then realised there was more time elapse before the official signing, given the MACRO scene is extremely bearish ATM, decided to pull the rug there after for safe haven................US interest rate hike expected to hit tonite......:mad:

I really dont think the " media speculation " about the claim Cominiere transfered 15% of Dathcom to Jin Cheng Mining co had anything to do with todays carnage as i thought AVZ strongly refuted that in the best possible way, but who really knows what goes on behind closed doors, so i just have to trust management and the official announcements in the mean time.

So in closing, I am just hoping the instos saw a opportunity to really reset the dial before the official signing of the ML by CAMI and the forth coming cheque of $240m from CATH, knowing full well that all sorts of FA could follow suit in very quick time there after..................SEZ, BFS, FID etc.

Can someone explain the relationship of Jin Cheng / Zijin regards to Dathcom / Cominiere/ DRC govt prior to AVZ coming on the scene ?

I have NFI.

All sorts of emotions for me today, glad the ML is coming, glad we have 51% and cant be fucked over in a majority spill, but have red stains all over my portfolio and have been reamed nicely.

Tomorrow is another day, hopefully its green.

Chill dudes...........we are going mining, one way or another.

imo

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Hey mate have been thinking long term since 2018, always, but also trade it, never again. Remember LT could be $10 or 1c. I was in SDL many years ago. Go check that one out same dynamics. I hope we will be alright too, as it is all we have now, due to so much non-disclosure of information that perhaps should have been. I need this to succeed at my point in life. But, the sneaky, nothing to see here attitude continues. Very average management style, minimal confidence, confirmed today. At least we are not up against Russia living/ dying in Ukraine for no reason. Australia 🇦🇺, still the lucky country- even though we continue to get blindly fucked over by China 🇨🇳 Biggest kuntz and threat to democracy in the next few years with a week USA.
Understand a few of your points mate for sure, for this to come to light from Twitter bloke and shareholders emailing co for a please explain, has not gone down well.

But also remember in their eyes there is nothing of significance happening really, nothing to disclose. There were some incredible vile comments made about the company and Nigel on twitter. I reckon he would have been furious seeing what was being said, all one way, they cannot really respond and fight such claims in public space. We are in fact in discussions for the extra 15%, we have first dibs. Other mob seem to think they have it, and are apparently reporting as it is theirs? Be interesting how it plays out, I think Twitter bloke hints at the legal wording surrounding the claim that zijin have made, though I do not understand. I think we will be alright tho, but don't dismiss the 51%. Revised BFS at 51% will still be incredible.

CashKing

Regular
Fuck the clowns on HC just don’t give up wtf….

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

LX600

Regular
Hi All, what a day! And in the end I am tearing and heart-bleeding in the corner of the house. Only you guys know what I feel.

I have a thorough read again the announcement and found this maybe the trigger point. Do you think we need the clarification of “the tribunal decision”, is there really a decision or still pending some investigation and waiting for decision? The decision was to cancel the 15% from Simon Cong?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Thaz

Regular
It's a bit different from selling 15% of your land title isn't it? Because you never owned the land title, its someone selling their title to someone else when they should have given you first option to buy it?

I'm not up to date with what consideration Cominiere received from Zijin but If AVZ presses ahead and negotiates 15% and buys it, will there be a legal challenge appeal from Zijin? There is a possibility that they don't take it lying down.

If you think about it, CATH $240M, BFS and FID could all be within 4 weeks. Certainly I'm expecting CATH $240M and BFS next week. Can they issue FID without knowing if they own 66% or 51%?

I don't have the exact numbers but assuming $500M build thats the difference between forking out $330M or $255M - not a trivial sum.

Just to add as well - if i understand the below correctly then it has been under investigation since 1 February? It's now May - so you'd hope it won't take much longer.

View attachment 5562
There won't and cannot be a legal challenge from Zijin.

The constitution requires AVZ to be present and has the first right of refusal. So the supposed purchase by Zijin of the 15% would be null and void - if they want to challenge it. Well they have no legal basis to do so. Their lawyers should have read the company constitution to confirm what, if any, restrictions there are for the purchase of said shares.

And if AVZ was unable to attend and didn't want to purchase, they would need to probably provide a signed confirmation that they do not take up the option. This would have been required to be announced on ASX by management, which I assure you has not been the case.

This, imo, is a non issue.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

TDITD

Top 20
Well that was such a rough market raping today I won’t shit right for weeks.

Looking around during the day many mining stocks got hit, many lithium stocks got hit.
It wasn’t just us, likely the decision to mention the tribunal spat is what’s helped push us spectacularly lower than many thought we’d ever see again.

Regarding the tribunal information what I took on was in particular this :
AVZI in advanced discussions with DRC government over cominieres 15%.
The Government, not some shady corrupt twat we can bribe to transfer on the hush. I’d say that’s ours if we play our cards right. The government won’t take lightly to this being transferred while they are discussing it with us. This isn’t the first time AVZ have mentioned this, pretty sure Nigel said it in an interview too.
The Dathomir claim is ridiculous, its worth more now so I want more than what we agreed to.

I did have a thought that it’s suspicious these claims timing popping up now and the fact they got initially passed. Possibly Chinese influence behind it to cause SP to tank (knowing it will likely be reversed) with some concerted effort on shorting to set up a BS low ball aggressive takeover attempt after there friendly takeover offer was rebuffed……but that’s the cynic talking.

• Haha

Samus

Top 20
You're braver than I am stepping foot in there today. Feeling relatively relaxed with my hot chocolate & killing some shit on ps5.
Thinking on this more and reading some comments here it doesn't really seem like the end of the world.

Mining licence is almost here, BFS is coming, FID is coming. Gutted with the share price but what can you do? Just have to remember the big boys still want out shares, market is in a rut and some motherfuckers are going to bend over backwards to try to get their grubby little mits on our deposit.

I'd like to see management nip this in the bud yesterday don't get me wrong.

Reactions: 9 users

Fletch77

Regular
When you are the biggest and the best, the others are going to hate.. I might check it out tomorrow, it’s going to fire me up too much tonight..

bloke383

Regular

Not sure how it isn't

Not sure how it isn't
If there was ever a vote on a takeover for example do you think that absolutely everybody in the Top 20 would vote in favour for AVZ ? It wouldn't take too many players in the Top 20 to change that 1% majority into a minority holding

• Haha
  • Thinking

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I don’t think so, you have no idea. Anyway I only hope NF doesn’t send AVZ tits up (hiding more negative news) and it prevails back to $1, $1.50, $2 and beyond for all of our health and well being. Don’t be so flippant again, smart r’s
Ok cool

I have no idea

If you're not feeling comfortable with your investment you can sell...it's not a big deal to me

"Don't be so flippant again"........that's a bit weird

Or what????

Also no need to call someone a smart arse

The machinations are not in our control

Overall I think it's more likely we will go mining but there are still plenty of items to be addressed

We are simply shareholders who have invested based on our own due diligence, research and personal convictions

Like I said.....if you're not comfortable then you have the option to sell

Otherwise it can be beneficial to avoid the noise, have a cup of tea, a lie down, time to reflect and re-evaluate

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom