TLG Discussion 2022

JNRB

Regular
I sincerely hope for someone correcting my statements if they are wrong! I WANT to be corrected. Your clarification did a very good step in that direction :)
Haha sure, will keep that in mind. The post wasn't really targeted at anyone specifically, and it's not that people were wrong, just missing some of the info.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

JNRB

Regular
This is focused on NA, but I'd I'd say absolutely critical listen for anyone interested in Talga.

Discusses the whole system really well. The fact that it focusses on NA just reinforces how much everything Talga talks about is affecting the whole industry, and how well placed we actually are.

And puts A LOT of emphasis on the importance of PROCESSING expertise - that the graphite anode problem is about much much more than just mining.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
Yes, that is pretty good :) if I understand correctly, the ownership of the project gets distributed to SQM in milestone steps in exchange for investment levels. That means, it doesn't help Talgas bottom line at all in the next 5 years but they get SQM to run the project. And if it comes to a mine, talga would retain 30% of its profits, though probably will have to inject cash at this stage according to the percent ownership.

Another way to look at it is, that talga already invested 8 to 9 M into this, and now SQM is investigating up to 19M which leads to a fair ownership of the project at the end. SQM is simply catching up in terms of investments.

To be honest, I would not have guessed that the market would value that 15% up today, but I'll take it. Looks to me more like a 0-sum arrangement with benefits to both Talga and SQM. Anyway, it's definitely better than before, as otherwise, it would not have gone anywhere.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes, that is pretty good :) if I understand correctly, the ownership of the project gets distributed to SQM in milestone steps in exchange for investment levels. That means, it doesn't help Talgas bottom line at all in the next 5 years but they get SQM to run the project. And if it comes to a mine, talga would retain 30% of its profits, though probably will have to inject cash at this stage according to the percent ownership.

Another way to look at it is, that talga already invested 8 to 9 M into this, and now SQM is investigating up to 19M which leads to a fair ownership of the project at the end. SQM is simply catching up in terms of investments.

To be honest, I would not have guessed that the market would value that 15% up today, but I'll take it. Looks to me more like a 0-sum arrangement with benefits to both Talga and SQM. Anyway, it's definitely better than before, as otherwise, it would not have gone anywhere.
But we do get free graphite (however much that is).

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Now a collaboration with Elkem in Norway for silicon and the mise en place is ready 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
anyone with more knowledge of the market able to interpret the UBS strategy from these substantial holder notices?

I have half a clue but not enough experience inside finance institutions to fully figure it out.

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
MT tweeted about the following today.

It seems the Swedish Supreme Court is able to rule against the Sami.

Our time may come soon.🤞🏻

Beowulf Mining shares jump on court win over Kallak concession​

(Alliance News) - Beowulf Mining PLC on Tuesday celebrated a verdict in its favour at the Swedish ...​

(Alliance News) - Beowulf Mining PLC on Tuesday celebrated a verdict in its favour at the Swedish Supreme Administrative Court, overruling objections from Jahkagasska Tjiellde's indigenous Sami community.

Beowulf shares jumped 10% to 43.51 pence each on late Tuesday morning in London.

The Nordic-focused mineral resource developer said Sweden's Supreme Administrative Court upheld the government award of an exploitation concession for the Kallak iron ore project.

Chief Executive Officer Ed Bowie said: "We are delighted that the court has concluded its process and we can continue to advance the project towards the conclusion of the pre-feasibility study and environmental impact assessment.

"[Kallak] has an important role to play in supporting the decarbonisation of the steel industry and therefore has significance from a global green energy transition perspective."

In March 2022, Beowulf's subsidiary Jokkmokk Iron Mines AB was awarded an exploitation concession to target iron ore deposits at Kallak in the north of Sweden.

While the exploitation concession provided exclusive mining rights to Jokkmokk, operating rights would require three additional permits, the company has said.

In June 2022, lawyers for the indigenous Sami community of Jahkagasska Tjiellde announced that they would be asking for legal action against the Swedish government following the decision.

Beowulf had claimed that the ore in the Kallak deposit is necessary for the green transition, as well as offsetting metal supply chain disruptions caused by Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

In a statement, the Swedish government in January this year had described the iron deposit contained at Kallak as "Sweden's largest known undeveloped deposit of so-called quartz-banded iron ore".

It also said that support for mining of the region was a matter of "national interest", given the fact that Sweden produces around 93% of all iron ore in the EU.

By Tom Budszus, Alliance News slot editor

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom