TLG Discussion 2022

Yes they’d be holding through a nominee account. Usually they appear in the short list of “major holders” included in Talga presentations. Even the recent presentations have that major holder list as of April 2023 (ie not up to date) which I did think was odd.

Reactions: 3 users

Vigdorian

Regular
if they held 5% instead of 4.7% they would have had to announce it to the market. That’s still the threshold right ?

Semmel

Regular
Yes they’d be holding through a nominee account. Usually they appear in the short list of “major holders” included in Talga presentations. Even the recent presentations have that major holder list as of April 2023 (ie not up to date) which I did think was odd.

Ok, I found them in the major shareholders. That's from the last green auto summit. If they close a fund, wouldn't that be news somewhere? I trust Gero but this is quite a strong claim and I would like to have a bit more confirmation than a broker rumor mill.

1000005515.png

Reactions: 2 users

Gero

Regular
Hi Semmel

Let's just say, I didn't only rely on what the Brokers told me. ;)

Gero

Reactions: 9 users

mpk1980

Whilst my portfolio is deep underwater is this the best possible outcome for TLG holders who understand where this company is headed?!?!

Reminds of Peter Lynch talking about doubling down when one of his famous stocks kept going down...

Reactions: 5 users

TentCity

Regular
Whilst my portfolio is deep underwater is this the best possible outcome for TLG holders who understand where this company is headed?!?!

Reminds of Peter Lynch talking about doubling down when one of his famous stocks kept going down...
Yeah some very lucky exisiting or new shareholders can take advantage of a very irrational mis-priced opportunity in the next few days/weeks, depending how much volume they still have to move.

Not easy for exisiting shareholders to find spare cash so soon after a SPP and Christmas spend, but the stock market does occasionally throw up these opportunities from time to time.

I will be trying to grab a few more, but not in the volume i would like to at these prices and only just over 12 months to first production.

Merry Christmas all and hope 2024 is kinder to long term shareholders!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Semmel

Regular

It's too close to wishful thinking to my liking. If geros information are true, it would mean there is no fundamental issue with Talga and we all are present with a golden opportunity on a silver plate, polished with the tears of existing shareholders. It's just.. so much "I want this to be true" that I become suspicious.

Reactions: 4 users

ACinEur

Regular
Looking at the volume in the closing auction on Friday makes me wonder if we there is a new ‘large / substantial’ shareholder buying in? Time will tell, no spare cash unfortunately and trying to explain to my wife why I didn’t have a ‘stop loss’ set when I have one on all my other holdings…🤣. Happy Christmas everyone and here’s to a nice pre Xmas present from the court…

Reactions: 8 users

DAH

Regular

Here here MPK!

For the past 6 months I've had Lynch on one shoulder and my wife on the other... and happy to say Lynch won out and sadly I'm all out of ammo. Not in my wildest dreams could I have envisaged many years ago Talgas position now (near de-risked) and buy in under $300M cap!

My highlight for the weekend (other than Gero's intel) was the Reuters article re France and this quote:
"There are cars that will entirely lose their competitiveness", an MG spokesperson told Reuters, adding that the brand had decided not to apply for the bonus scheme for its MG4 model because it was "designed to exclude us".

Talga or die! 👊

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

manny100

Regular
AUD......................because the business case for natural anode is frankly stuffed. Eventually the EU will accept that synthetic is the only thing that will bridge the supply gap if or when that occurs.

As far as Talnode Si is concerned the tonnages are below or well below 10kpa (per MT's last seminar) so it's basically a boutique product for the high end car makers

And the Chinese will lift their export bans once they have built enough synthetic production to feed their demand and the rest of the World.

"But the World now knows it must pivot from China for it's graphite"................................................ I hear you all cry

The World never learns it's lessons. Highly polluting production of synthetic is better politically for the EU if it is out of sight in some God forgotten province of China.

Out of sight out of mind
Yep, the World does not learn lasting lessons. But it does knee jerks before it heads back to the mean.
We are still in the knee jerk stage and will likely be for a while longer IMO. This will IMO show up in the need for less reliance on others for supply.
We are still very early in the transition to EVs.
The world may well be entering an era of conflict, Ukraine, ME, what next China rightly or wrongly is suspected considering moving in on Taiwan.
I think i read an article that Synthetic will likely be produced in Sweden given its cheap hero power.
There is room for both but I think the self reliance move will last a while longer.
Looking at the US ETF for Lithium (LIT) the chart has it > 70% down from its highs.
Lithium is the bench mark for EV material stocks. If Lithium stocks are down the others likely are as well.
We will likely see a rebound some time in 2024 IMO.

manny100

Regular
Here here MPK!

For the past 6 months I've had Lynch on one shoulder and my wife on the other... and happy to say Lynch won out and sadly I'm all out of ammo. Not in my wildest dreams could I have envisaged many years ago Talgas position now (near de-risked) and buy in under $300M cap!

My highlight for the weekend (other than Gero's intel) was the Reuters article re France and this quote:
"There are cars that will entirely lose their competitiveness", an MG spokesperson told Reuters, adding that the brand had decided not to apply for the bonus scheme for its MG4 model because it was "designed to exclude us".

Talga or die! 👊
Agree, lucky I kept a little in reserve after taking up a loyalty chunk in the SPP (Long term holder). Used some of my reserve at 77 cents which means the SP will go lower to pick up few more.

Reactions: 6 users
It's too close to wishful thinking to my liking. If geros information are true, it would mean there is no fundamental issue with Talga and we all are present with a golden opportunity on a silver plate, polished with the tears of existing shareholders. It's just.. so much "I want this to be true" that I become suspicious.
@Gero

A little breadcrumb...........................LOL

OK well I just had a look at one of the Australian Taxation Office's websites just to check their ABN registration and I noticed that on the 20th of last month they moved from suite 303/365 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (in the heart of the CBD where all the action is) to an inner city suburb of Melbourne being Richmond 3121

They have moved their "Main Business Location" on multiple occasions over the last few years but always within the CBD. This time they have moved out of the CBD

If they are in some sort of Administration/Liquidation then this new address would be the office location of the Administrators/Liquidators. However I cant get an exact address which would tell us at this stage

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

DAH

Regular

OK well I just had a look at one of the Australian Taxation Office's websites just to check their ABN registration and I noticed that on the 20th of last month they moved from suite 303/365 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (in the heart of the CBD where all the action is) to an inner city suburb of Melbourne being Richmond 3121

They have moved their "Main Business Location" on multiple occasions over the last few years but always within the CBD. This time they have moved out of the CBD

If they are in some sort of Administration/Liquidation then this new address would be the office location of the Administrators/Liquidators. However I cant get an exact address which would tell us at this stage

I've been poking around too with nil luck. They've become somewhat a ghost. Given assets are being liquidated, I'm surprised one of the Government entities doesn't have a register they pop up on to make consumers aware of what's going on.

Yeah I had a good look at ASIC but unless you pay for stuff nothing. Looked at Financial Advice licence and got nothing. This address change is all I've got

DAH

Regular
Yeah I had a good look at ASIC but unless you pay for stuff nothing. Looked at Financial Advice licence and got nothing. This address change is all I've got
I've got access to ASIC but still nothing there. We'll find them... one day! 🤪

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Vigdorian

Regular
I remember them when they were affiliated with challenger … What’s the LinkedIn decorum for reaching out to one of their PMs, we have 2 mutual friends. Might have to test the waters.

JoMo68

Regular
@Gero

Damn, I’ve been sprung!! Just kidding, but that’s my suburb.

• Haha

JoMo68

Regular
Damn, I’ve been sprung!! Just kidding, but that’s my suburb.
I can go for a nosey if anyone manages to find out more details.

• Fire

cosors

👀

JoMo68

Regular
WoW! That's a very good neighborhood, isn't it?
It used to be the slummy industrial area in the day, but like all such areas has become progressively gentrified, or ‘edgy’ as our kids like to say. So close to everything.

Top Bottom